Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, May 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 409 Old 05-04-2010, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
do you feel the "wet sensations" more often than just ovulating? i had a lot of that slippery mucus/wet sentations one and two days after my period. i've never noticed it happen like that before. anyone else experience this?

K, wifey to M, PROUD SAH-mama to Catherine Grace
Had a dreamy VBAC waterbirth.jpg to handsome John Gabriel
Crazy about femalesling.GIF  cd.gif familybed2.gif

#62 of 409 Old 05-04-2010, 06:02 PM

I don't get EW persay, but I do get a weird transitional fluid sometimes at the end of AF, mine is usually only 4-5 days, and then sometimes the weird tinged, but somewhat slippery mucus, but then it dries up for several days before starting to get wet again. Perhaps just our bodies clearing themselves out before restarting again?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#63 of 409 Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 PM

The reason Ovusoft is discarding the cd32 temp is because the EWCF on that day makes it my peak day. I guess it's assuming that temp is off since, technically, you're not supposed to O before you peak day. It's not outlying, though, which is why it doesn't make sense to me to discard it. FF puts my O on cd32. To be completely accurate, I should leave it as it is.

Isn't that mucousy discharge right after called leukhorrea (sp?). That might not be the correct name but I do remember reading about the discharge. It's a normal after effect of in the same way you get that mucousy discharge after giving birth.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#64 of 409 Old 05-04-2010, 07:50 PM

So...I'm either 12 or 13 DPO depending on your interpretation of my chart...

My normal LP is 10-11 days.

I did POAS and it was negative (thank God).

What gives?

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#65 of 409 Old 05-04-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobedone View Post

What gives?
Looks like your cycles may be gradually lengthening just a bit. The vitex could be kicking in. Plus you're spotting so looks like AF will show any time. I don't see any cause for anxiety.

Refresh my memory; did you have any BD to be concerned about?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#66 of 409 Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
The reason Ovusoft is discarding the cd32 temp is because the EWCF on that day makes it my peak day.
I don't get Ovusoft. I see O on CD 32.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#67 of 409 Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:

What gives?
If you're only 12dpo, your lp is still within normal. It can vary up to 2 days. One of the effects of Vitex is that it lengthens the lp so, if you are taking it, that would account for the longer lp, too. Also, if you're just starting to get your cycles back PP, your lp may start out short and lengthen as your hormones normalize.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#68 of 409 Old 05-04-2010, 11:59 PM

Yeah, I realize I need to temp more. About 8 days into this cycle I realized my thermometer was broken. I kept wondering why it was giving me the EXACT same temp every morning. Then I had DH try it and he got the same temp too.

So I bought a glass thermometer and started using that. After a few days my baby started to teeth and was waking up twice a night, once pretty close to actual wake up time. So my ability to temp accurately was thrown off. Especially because she just wants to nurse when she wakes and that definitely raises my temp.

I was just gong my CM since I had a seemingly normal pattern, with a build up to one day of EW, but obviously I didnt really O that day.
Its so odd how I didnt have hardly any CM at all the day I actually O'd. I really thought I was getting my period....
#69 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Looks like your cycles may be gradually lengthening just a bit. The vitex could be kicking in. Plus you're spotting so looks like AF will show any time. I don't see any cause for anxiety.

Refresh my memory; did you have any BD to be concerned about?
Yes, I know. I just need someone to tell me this

Thank you.

And no, no BD, but we fooled around during my fertile time and there was a looooong shot chance of getting sperm inside me. There is basically no way I could be pregnant, but I worry anyway, cuz that's what I do

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#70 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
If you're only 12dpo, your lp is still within normal. It can vary up to 2 days. One of the effects of Vitex is that it lengthens the lp so, if you are taking it, that would account for the longer lp, too. Also, if you're just starting to get your cycles back PP, your lp may start out short and lengthen as your hormones normalize.
Is that 2 days in either direction, or 1 day in either direction?

And yeah, I'm taking vitex, which already lengthened my LP by 1-2 days, so I was kind of surprised that it seems to be getting (possibly) longer still. It's been at 11 days for the last couple cycles.

#71 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 12:57 AM

Readytobedone - your LP can only vary two days. So you can have an 11, 12 or 13 day LP or a 13, 14, or 15 day LP but you can't have an 11 to 15 day LP. Does that make sense?

As far as the weird CM after your period, I do think that is normal. I don't get it every time, but I do get it and heard of a lot of women who get it as well.

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#72 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Yes, I know. I just need someone to tell me this

Thank you.

And no, no BD, but we fooled around during my fertile time and there was a looooong shot chance of getting sperm inside me. There is basically no way I could be pregnant, but I worry anyway, cuz that's what I do
Ooh I meant to comment on this earlier when we talked about it, but before DH and I were well, DH and I, we had a scare one month, and I actually asked my doctor about that exact scenario, expecting her to calm my nerves, and tell me I was being a little over cautious. It was th exact opposite actually. She told me her herself had had 6 different women get pregnant that way, and that it was definately possible. She said obviously it's not as 'nice' an environment for the sperm, but short of actually going and watching your hands etc, it's definately possible to get pregnant from the transfer.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#73 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Ooh I meant to comment on this earlier when we talked about it, but before DH and I were well, DH and I, we had a scare one month, and I actually asked my doctor about that exact scenario, expecting her to calm my nerves, and tell me I was being a little over cautious. It was th exact opposite actually. She told me her herself had had 6 different women get pregnant that way, and that it was definately possible. She said obviously it's not as 'nice' an environment for the sperm, but short of actually going and watching your hands etc, it's definately possible to get pregnant from the transfer.
OMG. Are you serious? Washing hands? I almost made him do that but figured I was being crazy

I mean, not to get all TMI, but after we wiped everything up with a rag, he didn't actually put his hand/finger inside me...just stimulated me clitorally. So that makes it a bit less likely, right?

As for the LP...if my normal LP is 11 days, it could be 10 or 12?

Thing is, the Vitex has already shifted my normal from 10 to 11. So I don't know if it could be shifting again. I switched from pill form to liquid this cycle because the tincture was on sale.

#74 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
As for the LP...if my normal LP is 11 days, it could be 10 or 12?
Your lp should not vary more than 2 days in one direction. So, if your lp is normally 11 days but has been 10 days before, going 12 days would still be within normal but 13 days would not. Another example is if your lp has always been 11 days, it could be either as short as 9 days or as long as 13 days but not both. Usually, assuming everything else is normal and the same, more variation than normal means your O day calculation was off sometime(s).

I don't have first-hand experience with Vitex so I don't know if the lp lengthening is a one shot deal. In other words, I don't know if it works immediately to lengthen your lp to the maximum and then it shouldn't change any more or if it can happen gradually over a few cycles. My guess would be that, since it can take several months for Vitex to be fully effective, your lp could continue to get longer by a day or two over several cycles.

#75 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Your lp should not vary more than 2 days in one direction. So, if your lp is normally 11 days but has been 10 days before, going 12 days would still be within normal but 13 days would not. Another example is if your lp has always been 11 days, it could be either as short as 9 days or as long as 13 days but not both. Usually, assuming everything else is normal and the same, more variation than normal means your O day calculation was off sometime(s).

I don't have first-hand experience with Vitex so I don't know if the lp lengthening is a one shot deal. In other words, I don't know if it works immediately to lengthen your lp to the maximum and then it shouldn't change any more or if it can happen gradually over a few cycles. My guess would be that, since it can take several months for Vitex to be fully effective, your lp could continue to get longer by a day or two over several cycles.
Yeah, my normal LP started out at 10 (sometimes 9). The Vitex seemed to move it to 11. It could be moving it to 12, I guess? Or could still be 11 and this month is 12. I guess time will tell. My temps are definitely not pregnant looking temps (fairly low and falling past 2 days), so I guess that's good.

#76 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
OMG. Are you serious? Washing hands? I almost made him do that but figured I was being crazy

I mean, not to get all TMI, but after we wiped everything up with a rag, he didn't actually put his hand/finger inside me...just stimulated me clitorally. So that makes it a bit less likely, right?
Oh no, I'm sure you guys are fine, I'm just saying that apparently it can happen. But we've got to look at statistics right... from unprotected sex, an average woman has what percent chance of getting pregnant? I think it's something like 25%? So if you're adding in that most of the sperm was wiped off, AND that it's not being inserted as directly, then you're definately decreasing those chances. You could probably cut it down by more than half for each of those- which means you only have say 5%, and that's if it's well-timed etc etc, right? So I mean likely- no. But it's definately possible.

And I don't really know anything about Vitex, had never heard about it until this thread, but is there like a 'maximum' it will lengthen your LP by, or could it theoretically just keep increasing it until you have this super long LP? I'm assuming not, but it seems like an interesting idea.

#77 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
And I don't really know anything about Vitex, had never heard about it until this thread, but is there like a 'maximum' it will lengthen your LP by, or could it theoretically just keep increasing it until you have this super long LP? I'm assuming not, but it seems like an interesting idea.
That's an interesting question. The longest I've ever seen it extend an lp was to 15 days. I don't know what those lps were before. I can see how it could, theoretically, keep away indefinitely since it works by directly increasing progesterone levels. Some women will not get while taking progesterone supplements while some women will still get at their regular time in spite of progesterone supplements. When I used progesterone suppositories, I would not get until about 4 days after stopping it. I can see how Vitex could potentially do the same thing.

#78 of 409 Old 05-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
That's an interesting question. The longest I've ever seen it extend an lp was to 15 days. I don't know what those lps were before. I can see how it could, theoretically, keep away indefinitely since it works by directly increasing progesterone levels. Some women will not get while taking progesterone supplements while some women will still get at their regular time in spite of progesterone supplements. When I used progesterone suppositories, I would not get until about 4 days after stopping it. I can see how Vitex could potentially do the same thing.
yeah, I stopped taking it a few days ago to encourage AF to show up.

#79 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post
For me it took nearly a year to not feel any pain during sex. I had an episiotomy though . I still feel some pain at the site. I had a teeny tiny tear with my second and was back to DTD very comfortably at about 8 weeks PP.
ugh... I had one too... it was the only intervention I had....

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#80 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 12:39 PM

I still have not gotten af. Chart is still funky w/ a definate temp shift.
I am still not sure when I o'd although it looks like I did definately o.
Cervix was hard, low, and closed on cd 35. neg hpt monday.
any more insight would be great.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/ttc3again

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#81 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post
I still have not gotten af. Chart is still funky w/ a definate temp shift.
I am still not sure when I o'd although it looks like I did definately o.
Cervix was hard, low, and closed on cd 35. neg hpt monday.
any more insight would be great.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/ttc3again
I think, at the most, you are 12dpo, which is on the short end of a normal lp. Do you know how long your lp usually is? That will tell you when to expect .

I'm 14dpo today. My lp has been 12-13 days recently. I haven't gotten yet today. Maybe Ovusoft was right. Waiting to find out.

#82 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just a little rant...

my physiology profesor was talking about female reproduction today and it made me so mad! He was talking about teperatures and progesterone and said that, if you are trying to get pregnant, as soon as you see the temp spike, it's time to get busy I said something that was quickly dismissed.... then he went on to mention catholics, the rhythm method and how the temp shift doesn't really exactly coincide with ovulation and that's why they end up pregnant

It is a class full of 19 y/o girls who were totally interested and asking tons of questions and getting all kinds of crappy answers
#83 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolip View Post
Just a little rant...

my physiology profesor was talking about female reproduction today and it made me so mad! He was talking about teperatures and progesterone and said that, if you are trying to get pregnant, as soon as you see the temp spike, it's time to get busy I said something that was quickly dismissed.... then he went on to mention catholics, the rhythm method and how the temp shift doesn't really exactly coincide with ovulation and that's why they end up pregnant

It is a class full of 19 y/o girls who were totally interested and asking tons of questions and getting all kinds of crappy answers
That's so frustrating! I've experienced something similiar in conversations, and even suggesting that what they are saying is incorrect it still gets completely brushed under the rug.

Today is CD12, pretty boring still

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#84 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolip View Post
Just a little rant...

I'd take in some literature that refutes what he says.

#85 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I'd take in some literature that refutes what he says.

That's really frustrating...
#86 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 07:44 PM

AF showed finally

So I think the Vitex just lengthened my LP again. I've NEVER had a 13 day LP to my knowledge.

#87 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=MarineWife;15378910]I think, at the most, you are 12dpo, which is on the short end of a normal lp. Do you know how long your lp usually is? That will tell you when to expect .

Typically my lp is about 10 days but I would expect it to be getting longer as my cycles are still regulating. If I get my period (pray please) than it will be the most periods in a row since dh and I got together. Sooo lp should be getting longer. I have never had a pos hpt before 13 dpo so that would make since too.

Are you thinking I o'd on cd 34? My cervix was firm and closed on cd35 (so we bd on cd35) CRAP!!! I thought I had o'd already until af didn't come.

Well I will keep yall posted.

About the professor, that is frustrating. I would definately take in literature and sign him up for e-mail newsletters from any nfp and fam website that you can think of

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#88 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 PM

I posted my own thread, I am also waiting (impatiently) for AF! Where is she??

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2cce28
#89 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 08:21 PM

doransmummy- I don't know where af is for you but your chart sure looks pretty.

#90 of 409 Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post
doransmummy- I don't know where af is for you but your chart sure looks pretty.
Pretty bad or pretty good? LMAO!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page