Do you think I was/am pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-27-2010, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright guys- I need some opinions here. The darling man and I have been using condoms, and didn't have any noticeable problems- no broken condoms or that sort of thing, and I have a very irregular period, combined with the fact that I just came off hormonal birth control some months ago. We just started charting, but honestly, I have no idea when to expect my period, right now I'm on day 41, but I've gone to day 42, and even missed my period for six months once due to stress in college (I was abstinent at the time, so I know it was the stress).

Anyway, I had a feeling I might be pregnant a few days ago, so yesterday, I took a pregnancy test, and it came out positive, but very faintly, just barely visible. So, I took another one this morning, and it came out negative. I'll probably take another in 5 to 7 days, if my period hasn't come. I am having some vaguely cramp-like feelings, kind of like a period, but a do have very light periods.

Do you think I'm pregnant? I'm completely lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2010, 12:26 AM

With the second test did you take it with first morning urine? I am wondering if you drank too much water with the second one and your urine was diluted.
If you got a + you are most likely pregnant. Can you test tomorrow morning?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

It was my first morning pee today, and I don't think I drank all that much water yesterday. I can take another test tomorrow, I'm just confused about how it can be that I tested positive one day and negative the next. I was wondering if it could be that I had one of those "chemical pregnancys"?
Old 05-28-2010, 01:01 AM

did you use a pink dye test(s)? if the positive came up on a blue dye it could've been a false positive. I can only suggest to take another (pink dye) in a couple days if Af hasn't shown up. i hate those wait and see games huh? Good luck...i hope you get the answer you want.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 05-28-2010, 09:49 AM

Also, I've read that even tests within the same box can be more or less sensitive than others, so maybe the first one you took was just more sensitive. The tests have a minimum hormone level that they say they will read, but some will read less than that, so they would come up + earlier.

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:38 AM

all of the above: also some cramping is normal in early pregnancy, but also is common sign of AF (it sucks that so many pregnancy signs can also be due to AF!)

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

It was a blue test, and it came out negative again today. The cramping has gotten worse, so I think it's probably af coming. Thank you everyone.

User Tag List