Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, June 2010 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammerson0814 View Post
Thank you everyone for your support. I was so certain that the pill was the cause of my frustration that I thought coming off of it would solve all of my problems. lol Obviously not. I guess the only thing I can do is continue to wait and then after the 10th of next month go to the doctor if I haven't started yet.
Don't give up hope yet! Your body needs time to learn how to work on it's own again without the articial stuff. There's no reason to believe yet that it won't all even out, even as early as next cycle. I would recommend starting temping, both for o checking, and because it will help to see what's going on hormonally, and then... it sucks, but just keep waiting.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I'd confirm O for cd15 with one more high temp. Have you had no CF since cd13 or did you just stop recording it?
I've had something that is either EWCF or SF every day since CD 14. I'm not sure what it is though because of DTD. Can a yeast infection cause you to bleed? Because I think I am fighting a yeast infection as well. Which is also causing me to question whatever discharge I've seen. But it's been mostly clear and very stretchy.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#303 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Annie-- I'm with the others, I thnk you could probably confirm now, but with one more day of rise I would feel very confident. Is there a chance the spotting was from dtd? I've never had o bleeding, so I don't know what it's like.
The last time we DTD was yesterday afternoon around 4 PM. The spotting was this morning around 9 AM and it was bright pink/light red. I wouldn't think it was from DTD but I guess anything's possible at this point.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#304 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
But it's been mostly clear and very stretchy.
This doesn't sound like semen or yeastie discharge. I really don't know if a yeast infection could cause bleeding/spotting. DTD certainly can.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#305 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
This doesn't sound like semen or yeastie discharge. I really don't know if a yeast infection could cause bleeding/spotting. DTD certainly can.
Ugh. I know. Where's the smiley that's an ostrich putting it's head in the sand?

I discarded the temp on CD 15 because honestly, I can't say for sure that it's a good temp. I don't really remember temping so I can't say for sure if the therm was under my tongue properly. So for now, this is what my chart looks like and I'm just going to pretend that it's right. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

#306 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I discarded the temp on CD 15 because honestly, I can't say for sure that it's a good temp. I don't really remember temping so I can't say for sure if the therm was under my tongue properly. So for now, this is what my chart looks like and I'm just going to pretend that it's right. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436
That just doesn't make sense to me with all the ewcf and knowing that you had that low, low temp on cd15. I always say it's better to assume O was later rather than sooner.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#307 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
That just doesn't make sense to me with all the ewcf and knowing that you had that low, low temp on cd15. I always say it's better to assume O was later rather than sooner.
Nothing about my chart makes sense to me at this point. I would normally agree with you about assuming O was later rather than sooner but then why the heck did I have two higher temps on CD 13 & 14? That doesn't make sense to me either! I guess I'll just have to wait until the end of the month and see what happens.

#308 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 07:37 PM

Sammerson: You say you've been super wet, but you have either dry or sticky marked for the last 12 days on your chart. Which one is correct? I'm with everyone else. Start temping b/c that will give you the info you're seeking. Based on the CM marked on your chart, I think it's highly unlikely you've O'd yet. And 2 months is too soon to expect to be normalized after coming off the pill.

Annie: Based on your temps I agree w/your chart, but based on CM, I don't. It seems logical to me that a yeast infection could irritate your cervix and actually cause increased CM production, and maybe even the spotting, but I don't know that I've ever read anything to that effect.

AFM: Waiting for AF. Looks like a solid 12 day LP so far! My chart.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#309 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I would normally agree with you about assuming O was later rather than sooner but then why the heck did I have two higher temps on CD 13 & 14?
I don't know what's up with those temps. That doesn't confuse me that much. I'm used to having temps go up and down a lot so it doesn't seem that strange to me. You every heard of the rocky mountain charts that women with PCOS get a lot? I can understand how it could confuse you if that hasn't happened to you before.

#310 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I don't know what's up with those temps. That doesn't confuse me that much. I'm used to having temps go up and down a lot so it doesn't seem that strange to me. You every heard of the rocky mountain charts that women with PCOS get a lot? I can understand how it could confuse you if that hasn't happened to you before.

Yep - I don't know what I have, but I get the rocky mountain temps (maybe it's because I can see Pikes Peak from my window ) So yeah, temps going up and down don't stress me out........

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#311 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 09:13 PM

AnnieA - your temps are way up now.............can't you confirm O with a high temp tomorrow?

I think a yeast infection does make you have discharge - BUT, when I had a yeast infection I KNEW it! It sucked and was super super itchy.

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#312 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
I think a yeast infection does make you have discharge - BUT, when I had a yeast infection I KNEW it! It sucked and was super super itchy.
Yeah, a yeast infection can cause discharge but it's not usually clear and stretchy. It's usually thick and curdly, like cottage cheese.

#313 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=MovingMomma;15514983]Sammerson: You say you've been super wet, but you have either dry or sticky marked for the last 12 days on your chart. Which one is correct? I'm with everyone else. Start temping b/c that will give you the info you're seeking. Based on the CM marked on your chart, I think it's highly unlikely you've O'd yet. And 2 months is too soon to expect to be normalized after coming off the pill.[QUOTE]

I check CM every day at 11am. When I check the CM the last week, it has been getting dryer, but throughout the day I am wet. Not CM discharge like thick creamy CM or sticky EWCM. It is like I am peeing my pants constantly lol. To the point where I have liners in and changing them constantly, but there is nothing on the liners they are just damp. that combined with my cramping on and off is a little discerning, becasue this is not what I have had the last 2 months or being off the pill.

working full time waiting for him to propose
#314 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammerson0814 View Post
[I check CM every day at 11am. When I check the CM the last week, it has been getting dryer, but throughout the day I am wet. Not CM discharge like thick creamy CM or sticky EWCM. It is like I am peeing my pants constantly lol. To the point where I have liners in and changing them constantly, but there is nothing on the liners they are just damp. that combined with my cramping on and off is a little discerning, becasue this is not what I have had the last 2 months or being off the pill.
You need to check your CF several times a day, not just once. It's CP that you only check once a day at the same time. What you are describing sounds like watery CF to me, which is very fertile. Vag sensation is just as important as CF that you see. If you have a wet vag sensation, you should be recording that as watery CF on FF. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a box for vag sensation.

#315 of 654 Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 PM

I've thought of a better way to describe the discharge I have had the past few days. It's more like clear jelly. So not as stretchy as it was say around CD 12 but not sticky or tacky like it would be post O. Yes, I could confirm O tomorrow as long as my temp stays up but we DTD unprotected TWICE on CD 14.

#316 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
You need to check your CF several times a day, not just once.
Always record the most fertile CM you see in the course of a day. I pay attention to CM every time I use the bathroom.

Annie: Does your DH know what's up? IME, yeasty discharge is whiteish and cheesy, not clear & jelly like.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#317 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 12:06 AM

Sammerson-- yes I call the pee your pants type feeling 'watery' and it is indeed fertile. And definately make sure you're checking several times a day. I check every time I go to the washroom, and write down at the end of the day whatever the most fertile feeling was.

AnnieA-- That *kind* of sounds like what we discussed a few threads back... almost like a boogery kind of cf, but not stretchy. It was substantial, not hard, but... yeah, jelly like. This may not sound like as much of a distinction in my head, but my ewcf is more mucousy... like from after you've been crying, or outside, and your nose runs The other stuff doesn't have the stretchy slippery feeling to it, but in appearance it kind of looks the same as EW. I call it sticky, since it always happens after o for me, but it's different than my sticky that dries in the underwear and leaves lines, like tcoyf says.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#318 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Always record the most fertile CM you see in the course of a day. I pay attention to CM every time I use the bathroom.

Annie: Does your DH know what's up? IME, yeasty discharge is whiteish and cheesy, not clear & jelly like.
Yeah I told him yesterday. I don't think he quite comprehends what it all means exactly but he knows that my chart is all kinds of screwed up. I pretty much said the same thing to him that I posted this AM after I saw the spotting.

#319 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 09:40 AM

Well, Annie, I see that your temp is back down to the coverline this morning. Uggghhh, I hope you get answers soon.

Sammerson, I agree that you need to a) start temping if possible, b) start checking CF more often, and c) be cautious because you may be very fertile right now. I forget, did you chart at all before you were on the Pill? Starting charting after coming off the Pill IME can be very tricky because I think it messes up your CF (at least it did for me) and if you're not familiar with the different types of CF from charting before you can easily become confused.

AFM, either this thermometer runs a lot higher than the other one or my body was in a serious hurry this month! 97.5 is typically an early post-O temp for me. I guess we'll see. Chart.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#320 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 09:45 AM

Cautiously optimistic
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28fb6b

Annie-could that be implantation drop?

Samerson-def watch your cf through out the day. You could start out creamy or goopy and then end up with ewcf. Since you would want to record the most fertile, you would put down ewcf or watery if you have a very wet feeling on your chart.
I started paper charting when I first started, and use the Ovusoft charts. Lots of boxes to mark stuff down, that ff doesn't have on the pc version. It would be nice if it did, but then it's nice to have paper chart as a back up. Like for my chart, I have days where my ewcf is just patchy through the day-on ff I put ewcf, but on my paper chart I can put a "P" in the ewcf box, so I know it wasn't a ton of ewcf, and I can record that down as well.

MW-what paper charts do you use?
#321 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 AM

bbrandonsmom_ hope your temps stay up, after 42 days you deserve it!

I think that temp is an outlier and def. not an implantation dip. I looked up quite a few charts with implantation dips this month when I saw my temp plummeting in the LP. Most of them were similar to mine with a change of around .3 at a time. Mine did change .5 but not in one day.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#322 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Temp is down just a bit today, not sure what to think. I'm still hopeful, but also scared to be hopeful :P I just can't make up my mind! I'm also extremely tired.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#323 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
It's such an emotional struggle when I don't want to use protection but DH does. Ugh! Rollercoaster central!

Oh -- and I hate the beeps on the BD therm! It almost always wakes up Nora (we have a family bed) if she hasn't woken me up first!
I am right there with you on the protection. I really hate condoms and it makes me sad when DH brings them out. I've been able to convince him not to use them (he just WD instead) but it doesn't give me any added hope since he obviously wanted to use them.

As for the beeping, DH wouldn't notice it if it was laying on top of his head. He has literally slept through a jack hammer in the parking lot outside out building!

Quote:
O.K. body...I give up. I'm not going to try to interpret anything else you do for the rest of this cycle, o.k.? O.K.
I have no idea when I O'd this cycle, so I therefore have no idea when AF will arrive. My libido is getting better (after 13+ years on the pill) and DH & I have been DTD more frequently, but not BDing per se. I am trying to just enjoy while thinking about what all I can do to prepare while I wait for the go ahead from DH.

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
#324 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Well, Annie, I see that your temp is back down to the coverline this morning. Uggghhh, I hope you get answers soon.
I know! That's why I cried "uncle" yesterday. I give up. If I O'd on CD 15 which seems to be the consensus here, it's too early for an implantation dip. I would only be 3 DPO.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436 I went back in and took away the discard for the temp on CD 15. Whatever is going on, if I didn't O on CD 12, then the damage is done. We'll just have to wait and see.

#325 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 12:12 PM

Thank you so much ladies. You have really brought me peice of mind. I will chalk up my bloating to pre-ovlation..right? EWCM would be the O, or did I already O? And go on my merry way waiting for AF wich could be coming in the next few weeks.

working full time waiting for him to propose
#326 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 12:23 PM

Annie ~ In FAM, a temp on the CL is ok so I think you could still confirm O for cd15. I think the higher temps on cd13 and 14 are keeping FF from doing that at this point. With those temps, though, I'd probably wait at least one more day. I've been fooled before by my temps.

bbm ~ for O. I don't use paper charts anymore. When I started charting I used the charts in the back of my TCOYF book. Now I use both FF and Ovusoft because I like to compare their interpretations because I usually set Ovusoft to automatically adjust temps. There are also different features about each one that I like so I use both.

Sammerson ~ What Mel said about the pill and CF. One of the things hormonal bc is supposed to do is change the CF so it's hostile to sperm. Since those artificial hormones can stay in your body for a while after you stop taking them, I would expect them to still be affecting your body.

#327 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 02:08 PM

Sammerson: You cannot confirm O without temps. You also can't expect AF w/out a confirmed O. With such a long cycle, you have an increased chance of spotting/breakthrough bleeding/etc, but without temps you can't know that a bleed is AF. I highly recommend reading TCOYF and/or taking a course in NFP/FAM.

Lyterae: I can't believe you didn't POS this morning!

Annie:

AFM: New cycle today! In spite of the length of the last cycle, it ended well with a solid 12 day LP complete w/a little temp drop this morning.

#328 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 04:03 PM

1ht...

Does a restless or rough night of sleep usually give you a lower temp in the am, or a higher one? Or it depends?

My chart

What do u all think?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#329 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
1ht...

Does a restless or rough night of sleep usually give you a lower temp in the am, or a higher one? Or it depends?

My chart

What do u all think?
I haven't found it to be consistenly one way or the other, sorry. Are you gearing up to O? Do you typically have a temp drop prior to ovulation?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#330 of 654 Old 06-14-2010, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Sammerson: You cannot confirm O without temps. You also can't expect AF w/out a confirmed O. With such a long cycle, you have an increased chance of spotting/breakthrough bleeding/etc, but without temps you can't know that a bleed is AF. I highly recommend reading TCOYF and/or taking a course in NFP/FAM.

Lyterae: I can't believe you didn't POS this morning!

Annie:

AFM: New cycle today! In spite of the length of the last cycle, it ended well with a solid 12 day LP complete w/a little temp drop this morning.
Woo! Hopefully this cycle will be a bit more "textbook"

I'm not POAS until Friday at the earliest... Which right this minute I am okay with, it won't make much difference if I find out today or if I find out on Friday. And really finding out officially on Saturday morning would give us time to share the news together before we have to run off to work,etc..

I'm having a hard time keeping it to myself though, I haven't told anyone IRL that it's a possibility (besides dh of course).

AFM: No spotting or anything, my cervix doesn't feel like AF is coming.. Might sound weird but I can usually tell when it's close because of changes that happen. It firms up, etc...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page