Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex_millie View Post
Oh I posted the chart on my first post but let me post it here again

My Ovulation Chart
Why the open circles CD 20 & 21?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2010, 07:42 PM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28fb6b

Got my crosshairs Odd thing about Wed was both my bbt and digital were the same temp. I didn't take my therm with me to Orlando, which was good. Ds kept me up most of Wed night (he rolls around too much), and we stayed up late last night catching up and I slept in today. Not a biggie though, since I was 99% sure I O'd. I really hope next cycle is not this long. I have inlaws coming though, I can already see the stress effecting it
Old 06-18-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I think the method is great but we needed to use condoms at least when I know it was close to O just incase of a human error(not pulling out soon enough).
Human error would be user failure, not method failure. It is only method failure if both of you followed all the rules for w/d precisely and still got pg. Method failure is possible but it's only about 4%.

Yay, bbm!

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

I am officially moving on, I will be hanging around to keep up with all of my friends here though I'm sure. Thank you ladies for all of your support.

results

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 06-18-2010, 10:25 PM

Congratulations!

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
I am officially moving on, I will be hanging around to keep up with all of my friends here though I'm sure. Thank you ladies for all of your support.

results
Congrats!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 06-18-2010, 11:13 PM

Congratulations!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 06-18-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Also, you need to wait for at least 3 fully charted ovulation cycles before you start relying on your charts to know when you are safe to dtd without protection.

and congrats again Lyterae!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-19-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
I was just talking to a friend that said the natural thing failed her and I asked her what went wrong and all she could say was she don't know she did what the dr. said. Can you believe there is a dr. in these days that is still telling people about the RYTHEM METHOD. She told just told her not to do it between the 12-19th day of her cycle. So she got pregnant on her honeymoon when she wanted to wait 2 years, she now has a 1 month old and is afraid to try the real thing - FAM.
Ya I have a friend who had their home birth midwife instruct her that they just had to abstain from around day 10 to day 14! I talked to her and explained about charting and telling basic fertility signs, but she didn't really get it. She is now about to have her 3rd baby in just under 3 years. I can't even imagine.

Quote:
A few post up I answered that question but to gave a summary I wouldn't know if it was user error as the man is the one to do the pulling out so it is up to him and he didn't tell me anything and it would have to be only a few escaping as I don't remember anything on me like seman after using W/D. I think the method is great but we needed to use condoms at least when I know it was close to O just incase of a human error(not pulling out soon enough).
I feel like this is such an obvious question that I may be totally missing something... but how can you just not know? Even if he doesn't say anything, shouldn't it be obvious? Unless you can't remember the situation. If there was zero verbal communication, still, whether a guy finishes after pulling out is hard to miss.
For some reason I'm getting this hilarious mental image of doing w/d and me saying "ok thanks!" then rolling over and falling asleep, leaving him hanging. TMI maybe but I thought it could be funny
Old 06-19-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smylingeyz View Post
I feel like this is such an obvious question that I may be totally missing something... but how can you just not know? Even if he doesn't say anything, shouldn't it be obvious? Unless you can't remember the situation. If there was zero verbal communication, still, whether a guy finishes after pulling out is hard to miss.
For some reason I'm getting this hilarious mental image of doing w/d and me saying "ok thanks!" then rolling over and falling asleep, leaving him hanging. TMI maybe but I thought it could be funny
I actually do get what she is saying...........my husband uses W/D (I say my husband because I'm Catholic and I leave BC up to him if he chooses to do something)

There are times when I DO ask him if he got out in time.........I mean, all it takes is just a teeny tiny little bit!!! Obviously if he didn't get out AT ALL you would be able to tell - but sometimes when (waaaaaay TMI ) he BARELY gets out before *ahem* finishing I get a little worried.

I feel better when it takes him a few extra seconds to *ahem* finish

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 06-19-2010, 03:01 AM

Oh yeah!

CONGRATS Lyterae!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to congratulate you because I already "knew" you were preggo for the last few days..........old news really! (as backed up by that daaaaark BFP line!)

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 06-19-2010, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
Oh yeah!

CONGRATS Lyterae!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to congratulate you because I already "knew" you were preggo for the last few days..........old news really! (as backed up by that daaaaark BFP line!)
Thank you It's one of those things that logically I knew as soon as my LP continued on.. And yet when I finally got a test I was afraid it would be negative.

DH is very excited and so is B.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

Old 06-19-2010, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:28 AM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f6f0f

Forgot to post my chart for the list you have going.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
Old 06-19-2010, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcrunchymama View Post
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f6f0f

Forgot to post my chart for the list you have going.
Added

Old 06-19-2010, 05:03 PM

lol, this thread just got funny with the whole w/d thing. Anyone know the percent chance on pregnancy with the "late/messy" w/d's? I never really looked up the answer.
The only other thing I can think of with w/d, is a bit of swimmers mid way through, which isn't alot compared to the finale, so perhaps someone might get preg that way, even though at the end their dh w/d. But I would still think the man would know, right?

Congrats Lyterae
Old 06-19-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrandonsmom View Post
lol, this thread just got funny with the whole w/d thing. Anyone know the percent chance on pregnancy with the "late/messy" w/d's? I never really looked up the answer.
The only other thing I can think of with w/d, is a bit of swimmers mid way through, which isn't alot compared to the finale, so perhaps someone might get preg that way, even though at the end their dh w/d. But I would still think the man would know, right?
If I remember correctly, the user failure rate for w/d is 15-23%. I've never seen it broken down between when the man starts to ejaculate before w/ding fully vs. when the men doesn't get a chance to w/d at all. Unless you dtd twice or more within a few hours and the man doesn't urinate, there aren't any viable sperm in pre-ejaculate so that's not usually something to worry about.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:59 PM

Hi Mamas,

I'm new to Mothering.com community. So I'm still a little confused about the forums and lingo etc!! I have been reading over this thread. I have a 15 month old son and I currently have a Mirena. I have never charted my fertility. I would like to get the Mirena out and start charting to avoid and then maybe later charting to conceive. Any experience with this?

Is this the right place to post this? I think I would like to join this thread.

Thanks
Kelly

Mothering my sweet preschool boy luxlove.gif and my new arrival bfinfant.gif

Old 06-19-2010, 07:29 PM

I think the confusion is because people WD at different times... for some they pull out JUST before or as they're finishing, and others it's more like 30 seconds plus... so I get how if he usually pulls out just as he's about to finish, you could not really know.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 06-19-2010, 08:59 PM

I think it is on a case by case basis. I know with us using WD it is quite a few seconds before the *moment* and then he slips a condom on so he can go back in without any worries. But, that is just how we do it. I know a lot of those using WD do not even mess with condoms. So, I can't speak on that part, but I figured I would throw my two cents out there about how we do it.

I guess it just depends on what you and your SO decide on, and how well he can control that function of his body. Everyone is different.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
Old 06-19-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Rara - Why is today's an open circle? I hope that you have a clear confirmed shift!
My DD ALWAYS wakes me up early in the days I'm trying to confirm O -- Both CD 18 and CD 19 were 1 hour early -- but I figured they're above the coverline as it is, and adjusted would be higher, right?

Are we good to go, do you ladies think? My Ovulation Chart

I know the coverline is a little low -- I was sort of thumbing the 98.8 one away. . .

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
Old 06-19-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:

results
Hey, our internet has been down -- Wahoo! lyterae!

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
Old 06-20-2010, 12:03 AM

Beth: With your huge temp jump last cycle, ignoring one temp, not meeting a 4/10ths shift even with ignoring that temp, and suspected post-O temps under 97, I'd advise caution.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Hey, our internet has been down -- Wahoo! lyterae!
Thank you

Old 06-20-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
My DD ALWAYS wakes me up early in the days I'm trying to confirm O -- Both CD 18 and CD 19 were 1 hour early -- but I figured they're above the coverline as it is, and adjusted would be higher, right?

Are we good to go, do you ladies think? My Ovulation Chart

I know the coverline is a little low -- I was sort of thumbing the 98.8 one away. . .
Since those 2 temps were both taken an hour early, I'd say you are safe. Adjusted they'd be at 97 and 97.1, which is high.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Beth: With your huge temp jump last cycle, ignoring one temp, not meeting a 4/10ths shift even with ignoring that temp, and suspected post-O temps under 97, I'd advise caution.
I may be off here, but I do believe she was sick last month and never considered herself safe that whole cycle.

Also, I think her coverline is ALWAYS low.............but I'm not positive

I would personally consider myself safe if I had a CM dry-up and those open circle temps were taken earlier than usual (without me moving around at all)

Old 06-20-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
I think the confusion is because people WD at different times... for some they pull out JUST before or as they're finishing, and others it's more like 30 seconds plus... so I get how if he usually pulls out just as he's about to finish, you could not really know.
If we use w/d (which I HATE doing because we always are intending to abstain during the fertile time) it's always at LEAST 30 seconds early. It never occurred to me there were other ways people did it. If you barely get out in time, I guess I could see where the confusion could come in.
Maybe DH has better self control than most, but he can usually tell if he's pre-coming and pulls out then. Figure that keeps our "oops" odds to a minimum. Don't know what the failure rate for doing it that way would be though.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:56 AM

We're the same way, it wasn't until reading threads here about W/D that I realized others left it closer. I suppose it's probably 'nicer', but you're right, higher chance of user failure.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 06-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smylingeyz View Post
If we use w/d (which I HATE doing because we always are intending to abstain during the fertile time) it's always at LEAST 30 seconds early. It never occurred to me there were other ways people did it. If you barely get out in time, I guess I could see where the confusion could come in.
I can't give a countdown but, when my dh manages to w/d, he does it in plenty of time. He doesn't wait until the very last second or once things have already started. I can see how that would increase the chances of getting pg. The man definitely has to be experienced, know his body and have excellent control to use W/D.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
I actually do get what she is saying...........my husband uses W/D (I say my husband because I'm Catholic and I leave BC up to him if he chooses to do something)

There are times when I DO ask him if he got out in time.........I mean, all it takes is just a teeny tiny little bit!!! Obviously if he didn't get out AT ALL you would be able to tell - but sometimes when (waaaaaay TMI ) he BARELY gets out before *ahem* finishing I get a little worried.

I feel better when it takes him a few extra seconds to *ahem* finish
Thank you for the answer I don't know how else to explain it. I would obviously know if he didn't pull out as it would be comming out of me. I cannot tell if a few escape. I usually ask him if he came out in time to and he always says yes and nothing does be down there. So I can only assume he did it on time.

User Tag List