Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, June 2010 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
Subbing...Excited to have found this thread. I just had DS 2 months ago and EBFing, but know it's not completely foolproof. I have a lot of reading to do and i'm gonna look at the sites listed in the first thread. Can anyone recommend a good one for postpartum? I can't wait to go buy a therm. Can i get one at CVS/walgreens?
I also recommend TCOYF for charting but agree that you might want to read up on LAM and ecological breastfeeding. It is quite effective for at least the first 6 months PP.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 06:58 PM

I keep forgetting to mention my problem. My CF is confusing the heck out of me. There's hardly any there. What I can see I can't tell if it's sticky or creamy. I feel wet and gooey and my CP is MMO so I'm marking it as creamy but it doesn't really look like that.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#483 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I keep forgetting to mention my problem. My CF is confusing the heck out of me. There's hardly any there. What I can see I can't tell if it's sticky or creamy. I feel wet and gooey and my CP is MMO so I'm marking it as creamy but it doesn't really look like that.
What color is? Does it feel slippery when you wipe?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#484 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
What color is? Does it feel slippery when you wipe?
It's white and thick but somewhere between slippery and sticky. It doesn't really feel like anything when I wipe. I don't know if this is weird but here's my experience. I will feel wet and goopy so I'll go in the bathroom to check but when I wipe there isn't anything there. When I check with my fingers still not much. I got a little bit more when I checked my CP today but it still wasn't much. I think the problem is that there's so little there that I can't tell what it is. It's definitely not my very early sticky, which is clear and shiny but not slippery or stretchy like EW so that's why I'm sort of assuming it must be creamy but I really don't know.

#485 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
It's white and thick but somewhere between slippery and sticky. It doesn't really feel like anything when I wipe. I don't know if this is weird but here's my experience. I will feel wet and goopy so I'll go in the bathroom to check but when I wipe there isn't anything there. When I check with my fingers still not much. I got a little bit more when I checked my CP today but it still wasn't much. I think the problem is that there's so little there that I can't tell what it is. It's definitely not my very early sticky, which is clear and shiny but not slippery or stretchy like EW so that's why I'm sort of assuming it must be creamy but I really don't know.
Yeah I would probably call that creamy, especially since you feel wet but nothing is really there.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#486 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah I would probably call that creamy, especially since you feel wet but nothing is really there.
Yeah, I guess. Creamy has always confounded me.

#487 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
CD1 again. This last cycle was a bust because my thermometer broke and I was lazy about getting it fixed; but it seems we didn't get pregnant anyway. (Yes, we did use BC.) So I should really go get a new battery today!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#488 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 PM

Alright, I'm worrying, although it's too late to do anything -- we're safe, right? I felt very sure/safe when I was DECIDING to DTD

Worry Worry Worry

P.S.
The open circles are taken about an hour early -- I finally got a temp at the right time today!

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
#489 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Alright, I'm worrying, although it's too late to do anything -- we're safe, right? I felt very sure/safe when I was DECIDING to DTD

Worry Worry Worry

P.S.
The open circles are taken about an hour early -- I finally got a temp at the right time today!
Regardless of your temps, if you had a complete CF dry up for 4 consecutive days before you dtd, you were safe on cd20. I think you are fine with your temps, too, though.

#490 of 654 Old 06-21-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I would agree. Creamy = lotiony. To me that sounds creamy.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#491 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 AM

Yes, probably creamy. It's hard when you're not really getting enough to be able to... manipulate to see it's characteristics.

Rara-- Looks safe to me!

As for the 'details' I'm just always safe, because I've seen other threads on the site get removed because of 'sexual' details or questions. So even then it very much is related to our topic at hand, I'm always worried that something is going to be considered 'over the line'. It seems weird to me that that topic isn't allowed (I mean if we're ok talking about mamas doing illegal drugs... then why not sex,) but still, if thems the rules, I want to make sure I'm not going to get in trouble. So keeping that in mind... I haven't seen anything in the thread that makes me uncomfortable, or that we should be worried about yet.

That said... I have a question about cervical position... I don't check because I never really seem to be able to decide what it all means, and I haven't needed to for accuracy. But I'm noticing more and more that I enjoy dtd a lot more around the time I'm fertile, and aside from just the natural lubrication, I really think it's due more to cervical position. So i guess I'm wondering a few things: How far does it actually move, like what's the measurable difference between 'high' and 'low'? Because it didn't seem like it should make that big of a difference, but it feels like it does. And also, one of those weird cosmo type things that always stuck with me is that women's vaginas are actually different... depths? lengths? Whatever the term would be. So is this why some women can reach their cervix, and other's can't? Or is it all to do with how high your cervix is sitting at the time or... I don't know. Is there even any truth to it? I really don't know! As I've been thinking about it more, it's all seeming so much more confusing to me!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#492 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 01:57 AM

hi all, just wanted to post for the month. i'm super irked because my thermometer died right around the time i thought i was getting to be fertile. i only had that thing 5 months! it's not like i drained it because it turns off automatically. gah...so even if i kept temping with a different thermometer, i couldn't rely on my temps at all this cycle. see you guys next cycle
#493 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Yes, probably creamy. It's hard when you're not really getting enough to be able to... manipulate to see it's characteristics.

Rara-- Looks safe to me!

As for the 'details' I'm just always safe, because I've seen other threads on the site get removed because of 'sexual' details or questions. So even then it very much is related to our topic at hand, I'm always worried that something is going to be considered 'over the line'. It seems weird to me that that topic isn't allowed (I mean if we're ok talking about mamas doing illegal drugs... then why not sex,) but still, if thems the rules, I want to make sure I'm not going to get in trouble. So keeping that in mind... I haven't seen anything in the thread that makes me uncomfortable, or that we should be worried about yet.

That said... I have a question about cervical position... I don't check because I never really seem to be able to decide what it all means, and I haven't needed to for accuracy. But I'm noticing more and more that I enjoy dtd a lot more around the time I'm fertile, and aside from just the natural lubrication, I really think it's due more to cervical position. So i guess I'm wondering a few things: How far does it actually move, like what's the measurable difference between 'high' and 'low'? Because it didn't seem like it should make that big of a difference, but it feels like it does. And also, one of those weird cosmo type things that always stuck with me is that women's vaginas are actually different... depths? lengths? Whatever the term would be. So is this why some women can reach their cervix, and other's can't? Or is it all to do with how high your cervix is sitting at the time or... I don't know. Is there even any truth to it? I really don't know! As I've been thinking about it more, it's all seeming so much more confusing to me!
I think it has more to do with the cervical position than perhaps a difference between "lengths" in women. I know that when DH and I used to practice W/D, I certainly enjoyed different positions when I was close to O because my cervix was higher. As far as the measurable distance, I'm not sure but I know for me, there are times when it seems like I barely have to reach inside and I can feel my cervix and then there are times when I have the entire length of my fingers inside and I can *just* barely touch the tip of my cervix.

AFM: My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

#494 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 09:14 AM

Annie! No HPT w/that up temp today???

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#495 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I'm not trying to give you a hard time so please don't take all these questions personally. I'm just trying to get as much clarification as possible for the benefit of the group.

Looking at your chart, there's no way to really pinpoint O. Since you mentioned a few posts back that you waited for the 3rd day after the temp spike, I'm wondering which day that was. Did you consider yourself safe on cd21 and dtd without protection or w/d but before then you used w/d every time? Do you know when your peak CF day was?

The reason I ask is because I don't think FF is correct in putting the crosshairs where it did on your chart. I wouldn't have even considered putting crosshairs on your chart before cd19 and with the next 2 temps inaccurate and the next 2 missing and no CF data, there's really no way to know for sure if/when you were safe before cd28.
I DTD unprotected on CD28(I usually wait until after 4 temp rises but decided to wait after 3 rises this time around). FF is never correct with my O, they have a weird method in calculating it. I find myfertilitycharts to be more accurate because they don't get all technical like FF. So I basically just use the chart(s) to record my temps and ignore when they think I Oed.

If you look at the bottom of the page of my chart they show the april one and they was off there also. I don't like them for that but so many people like them that I gave them a try after trying myfertilitycharts. So I ignore their predictions and coverlines they have not been right once with me.
My Ovulation Chart
#496 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Annie! No HPT w/that up temp today???
Hahahaha! I'm still not sure what is up. Spotting gone but still crampy. Temp back up but if I didn't O until CD 15, then I am only 11 DPO. So I'm going to try to hold out a few more days. Right now, I have Friday in my head.

#497 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hahahaha! I'm still not sure what is up. Spotting gone but still crampy. Temp back up but if I didn't O until CD 15, then I am only 11 DPO. So I'm going to try to hold out a few more days. Right now, I have Friday in my head.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#498 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 10:33 AM

Ah, ok, dex_millie ~ So, if you didn't dtd unprotected before cd28, then the w/d is an issue.

Who asked about the difference in failure rates for sooner or later w/d? I'd guess that almost all the user failures were from waiting until it was too late to w/d, which means either just as or just after ejaculation occurs. Although it's possible (I guess ) to get pg from sperm deposited on the vulva, I assume it's highly unlikely. So, as long as the guy gets all the way out before he starts to ejaculate, there's probably very, very little chance of pg.

Annie ~ You are just trying to drive us crazy, aren't you?

Yes, each woman can have a different sized and shaped vagina. The cervix can even be a different size and shape. I think all of that in combo with CP and body position when you try to reach it makes a difference. I have to squat in order to reach my cervix at any time.

Wikipedia says the length of the vagina varies from 6-7.5 cm (2.5-3 inches) across the front wall and 9 cm (3.5 inches) across the rear wall.

Vagina

Wikipedia also says the average cervical length is about 3 cm (about 1.25 inches).

Cervix

On too much sex detail, I'm not offended by it but I do think it's probably a good idea to be cautious about what is actually said on here. This is not a private forum. Anyone can read it.

It does seem hypocritical that it's ok to have a marijuana smoking mama's tribe but we can't talk about sex too much. It's really sad that, on a natural living website, something as natural as sex is off limits but illegal drugs are not.

#499 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 10:45 AM

No, I'm not trying to drive you guys crazy! I'm just tired of wasting money on HPTs and they are always negative. The closest dollar store is 30 mins from my office so I can't get over there until this evening to buy any. I have one FRER at home but my house is also 30 mins from my office!

#500 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not trying to drive you guys crazy! I'm just tired of wasting money on HPTs and they are always negative. The closest dollar store is 30 mins from my office so I can't get over there until this evening to buy any. I have one FRER at home but my house is also 30 mins from my office!
Eh! Don't waste a FRER until you're late! That's why I have 16 ICs!!

re: CP - I don't check regularly, but sometimes I'll check CM from higher up b/c I'm expecting EWCM or watery, and it just hasn't arrived yet. Those days, I know my cervix is harder to reach.

When I had my IUD in, I had to feel for the strings and would often (always??) find a low closed cervix, which kinda made DTD painful and the strings more obvious. Now that it's out, I can honestly appreciate a high cervix that can be harder to get to!

AFM -- 6DPO. Tick tock, tick tock. I'm thinking the earliest I'll test is Sunday. Blah that feels 100,000,000,000,001 years away!!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#501 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

AFM -- 6DPO. Tick tock, tick tock. I'm thinking the earliest I'll test is Sunday. Blah that feels 100,000,000,000,001 years away!!!
It will give you time to sort through the whirlwind of emotions,

So far your chart is looking very pretty though.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#502 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you test. I just meant that your chart is driving me crazy because I don't know what's going on. I would definitely wait a while before poas since it's not clear how many dpo you really are.

#503 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you test. I just meant that your chart is driving me crazy because I don't know what's going on. I would definitely wait a while before poas since it's not clear how many dpo you really are.
Oh good! I agree that I have no idea how many DPO I really am so testing before Friday would be a little silly. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't be going to the dollar store tonight and buying some tests! Oh and my chart is driving me crazy too!

#504 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
But even 11 dpo is long enough for a +hpt...

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#505 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Oh good! I agree that I have no idea how many DPO I really am so testing before Friday would be a little silly. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't be going to the dollar store tonight and buying some tests! Oh and my chart is driving me crazy too!

I've been reading my Art of Natural Famly Planning and driving myself nuts with the "Surprise Pregnancies -- learning from others" section -- all these charts where people got pregnant with fairly tricky cycles -- a lot of which I would have fallen for! Scary stuff.

P.S. funny how we went 6 months or so with no preggos, then KABOOM! Babies are contagious, right? Just not for me, I hope

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
#506 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 02:38 PM

I'll probably test this evening with a dollar store test knowing full well that 11 DPO with evening urine will probably not show much. Cramping is pretty much gone at this point.

#507 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
But even 11 dpo is long enough for a +hpt...
You are evil!

I get pretty good lines in the evenings at 11dpo with any test.

#508 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You are evil!

I get pretty good lines in the evenings at 11dpo with any test.

#509 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 PM

You guys are all bad! But I love it!

I've been saying for the past couple of months that if a baby is supposed to be here, they will find a way to get here. So we'll see what happens.

#510 of 654 Old 06-22-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I've been saying for the past couple of months that if a baby is supposed to be here, they will find a way to get here. So we'll see what happens.
I feel the same way!

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page