Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, June 2010 - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#631 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
secondly - isn't it a LOT harder to conceive AFTER probable O than BEFORE? makes sense to me......

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
Beth!! It's ok! would a baby be the end of the world? I am HARD core avoiding and I would still be ok with a baby

I promise, relax and if anything go get a cheap test tomorrow
No, babies are great -- god knows we're lucky with our family situation and really could have another with no trouble. . . I just REALLY don't want to yet

Found my $ store test - BFN. But I guess if I DID get pg on CD 20 then I'd only be 11 dpo -- still, it would probably show, right -- there's not even the faintest of faint lines so i can relax, right?

( I know, you've been saying to relax but I'm now officially at my longest LP ever, and 3 days longer than average -- it makes me cagey (especially since I just got a Diva Cup and wouldn't THAT be ironic?)

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
#633 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
secondly - isn't it a LOT harder to conceive AFTER probable O than BEFORE? makes sense to me......
Yes. The egg only lives for 12-24 hours after O, right? I don't have my book so I can't look up the exact timeframe. It takes a few hours after O for temps to go up so by the first day of the temp rise, the egg is most likely dead. A pg can happen but it's very unlikely.

Beth ~ 11dpo is early for most women to get a BFP. It would be very unusual if you were pg and did not get a BFP at 14-15dpo. No matter how I think about your chart, I think it's correct. The much longer lp is strange, though.

AFM, I got crosshairs! I'm going to post both my charts so you can tell me what you think since FF and Ovusoft gave me different O days. I think it's rather humorous. I've got FF set to Advanced.

My FF Chart

My Ovusoft Chart

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#634 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 AM

MW - I'm inclined to think FF is right based on CM...but I dunno. Are you willing to say that low temp is a fluke from the ibuprofen?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#635 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Ladies - I Just realized it's July already! I've been spending all of my spare time sleeping latey (when I'm not at work) and overlooked the fact that July would be here mid-week. I generally like to go back through and verify everyone has been added, I am not going to have time to do that today though.

I will start the new thread up (working on it now), please if you are new can you please make a post in the new thread to be added, and if anyone has any details they need added, again please add it to the new thread and make it nice and bold so I can find it.

Sorry again, the exhaustion has set in.

Onwards to July

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#636 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
MW - I'm inclined to think FF is right based on CM...but I dunno. Are you willing to say that low temp is a fluke from the ibuprofen?
Nope, I'm more likely to say the higher temp was a fluke. I put more importance on temps than I do on CF.

OK, ladies. Someone really needs to step up and take over this thread for the pregnant lady. Who is it going to be? Don't make me come to your house!

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#637 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Nope, I'm more likely to say the higher temp was a fluke. I put more importance on temps than I do on CF.

OK, ladies. Someone really needs to step up and take over this thread for the pregnant lady. Who is it going to be? Don't make me come to your house!
I'm more likely to agree with CD 22 as O date for this one, my CM doesn't always show O when temps do so I agree with placing the importance on temps rather than CM.

If someone will step up and take it, maybe we could swap out - I'll make the new thread July Part1 and then partway through the month we can have a July Part2. Just

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#638 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 12:39 PM

I'll do it!
What do I need to know/do?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#639 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'll do it!
What do I need to know/do?
Can you PM me your email address? It's not terribly complicated but I do have an excel file I can send you to track things.

#640 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Can you PM me your email address? It's not terribly complicated but I do have an excel file I can send you to track things.
Wow. Fancy, schmancy. When I did it, I just copied and pasted the format from the first post.

#641 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Wow. Fancy, schmancy. When I did it, I just copied and pasted the format from the first post.
When WWC was doing it (I took over when she was moving) she sent me a file she used to track who had posted every month. Nothing terribly fancy

#642 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
When WWC was doing it (I took over when she was moving) she sent me a file she used to track who had posted every month. Nothing terribly fancy
All you have to do to check who's posted for the month is click the Replies number listed next to the thread on the Family Planning page.

#643 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
All you have to do to check who's posted for the month is click the Replies number listed next to the thread on the Family Planning page.
Oh my goodness. Do you know how much time I could have saved?? I will most definitely be sharing that trick with Carrie....

#644 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Oh my goodness. Do you know how much time I could have saved?? I will most definitely be sharing that trick with Carrie....
I could've sworn I told WWC that when she took over the thread. I think she took it over from me. Maybe she was keeping track further back than just one month. When I first joined this group, I think anyone who posted in the previous 3 months was kept in the group for the next thread. Most people who want to stay a part of the group post at least once each month, though, if just to say they are still here.

#645 of 654 Old 07-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I see what you said! I'm good, I get it!

#646 of 654 Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
I could've sworn I told WWC that when she took over the thread. I think she took it over from me. Maybe she was keeping track further back than just one month. When I first joined this group, I think anyone who posted in the previous 3 months was kept in the group for the next thread. Most people who want to stay a part of the group post at least once each month, though, if just to say they are still here.
I took over the thread from you and no, you never told me that trick! But yeah, I think we were keeping track to 2 months at that point. I think WWC took over from me.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#647 of 654 Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 AM

I know I took over updating and all, but w/o being able to update that first post w/ppls names and chart links, I'm not sure I have much of a job to do. Maybe if we get a bunch of new ppl, I'll start a part 2? It's early and my mind isn't really working too well yet. Any ideas of what would be easiest?

#648 of 654 Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I know I took over updating and all, but w/o being able to update that first post w/ppls names and chart links, I'm not sure I have much of a job to do. Maybe if we get a bunch of new ppl, I'll start a part 2? It's early and my mind isn't really working too well yet. Any ideas of what would be easiest?
I think we can wait until the end of the month? Or if it gets crazy we could always do a July Part2 thread. I'll try and do updates on weekends for now so that it doesn't fall to far behind.

#649 of 654 Old 07-06-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I think we can wait until the end of the month? Or if it gets crazy we could always do a July Part2 thread. I'll try and do updates on weekends for now so that it doesn't fall to far behind.
deal! Thanks!

#650 of 654 Old 07-06-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
I took over the thread from you and no, you never told me that trick! But yeah, I think we were keeping track to 2 months at that point. I think WWC took over from me.
Well, I know I told someone. I remember because I remember wondering what was so involved about keeping up the thread when checking who posted was so easy.

Carrie ~ Why can't you update the first post? Did we lose the formatted first page along the way of switching people to take over?

OT: I'm afraid I may have a virus or something. My security s/w stopped working yesterday and wont' update or anything. Then the font on my email shrank so small that I can barely see it and I can't change it back. It is tiny. Anyone know anything about that and/or how to fix it? I tried the security s/w website but it won't do anything because it can't communicate with my s/w so I sent a technical request. It's CA security, by the way.

#651 of 654 Old 07-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Maybe I'm stupid, but w/o an edit button on it, I can't edit it, right? I could quote it, I could copy it...but I can't edit b/c I didn't orginally post it. Right?

#652 of 654 Old 07-06-2010, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Maybe I'm stupid, but w/o an edit button on it, I can't edit it, right? I could quote it, I could copy it...but I can't edit b/c I didn't orginally post it. Right?
That's how I understood it, but maybe MW has some other tricks we don't know about.

#653 of 654 Old 07-06-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Oh, ok. I forgot you didn't start the new thread.

#654 of 654 Old 07-11-2010, 02:09 PM

ETA: OOPs, didn't see the July Thread. I'll move this there.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page