Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, June 2010 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammerson0814 View Post
Coming off the pill, it is said to wait 3 months for your cycle to come back before freaking b/c AF isnt here. Would you wait any longer than 3 months?
That's the typical or average. It can more or less time for your body to regulate. For some women it can take a year or more for their bodies to fully regulate after coming off hormonal bc. Not exactly the same as the pill since your body never gets a break from the hormones, but when I got my Norplant removed, it took 2+ years for my body to start cycling on it's own. Until then I had to take progesterone every 3 months to get a bleed.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 11:45 AM

Yea, I wouldn't freak out, but it probably wouldn't hurt to give your doctor a call.

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
#183 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammerson0814 View Post
Another question for you ladies full of knowledged and experience... Coming off the pill, it is said to wait 3 months for your cycle to come back before freaking b/c AF isnt here. Would you wait any longer than 3 months? I keep thinking it has to be coming soon b/c of the pattern of my CM. But now im at CD 58 and nothing. Based on my Cm FF predicted for me to start yesterday, which made me hopeful maybe my computer would be right... dumb me. So now I feel more anxious that it wont come for another 30 days, and that will make me crazy. When is a good time to go to the doctor???

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MyChart0814
IME all the doctor will probably do is recommend you go back on the Pill. And that's probably what's causing the messed up cycles anyway. I'd wait longer, but if you are uncomfortable or think something is wrong, definitely go see your doctor. I O'd right away after I went on the Pill but then I had some seriously long, irregular, and crazy cycles. I really do think it's the effect of the hormones.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#184 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 12:59 PM

I really dont know what to think anymore. I think I ovulated on CD 43-44, today is CD 58. So I took a test last night which would have been "14 dpo". It was negative, but is that safe to trust since I dont really know when I ovulated. I am only going by CM pattern. Im just getting very frustrated, im not patient when it comes to these things.

working full time waiting for him to propose
#185 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 01:12 PM

The important thing to remember is that without temps, you really are only *thinking* you ovulated 43-44. There's no proof whatsoever that you actually did, and it's very possible that your body is just gearing up to o, and will soon. I would continue using protection while DTD, and really, it would be helpful to use temps. Otherwise every month will be quite a guessing game at this point. Your CP seems to be all over the place too, so it' possible your hormones are just evening out and getting back to normal still.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#186 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 01:18 PM

When I came off the pill last July, it took around 2 months for me to get my first non-pill induced period. They managed to stay pretty regular until after my period in Feb when suddenly it was April 1 and still no AF. I made an appt with my gyn and she said that she didn't want me going past 2 fulls month without a period, and gave me a script for Prevera. I ended up not having to take it b/c AF came a few days later. She did a pregnancy test to make sure I wasnt' before giving it to me. Maybe call to try to a blood test if nothing else, to put your mind at ease.

If you aren't pregnant, have you considered trying acupuncture? During my long cycle, I had an acupuncture session and mentioned to my practitioner that I wasn't preg but that AF was very late. She did a session to "get things going" through my body and no joke, 2 weeks to the day later AF arrived. Could have been coincidence or it could have been the session, either way I felt good when I left.

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
#187 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 PM

Day 6 of EWCF and counting. I think the prednisone elevated my temps but who knows?

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#188 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
The important thing to remember is that without temps, you really are only *thinking* you ovulated 43-44. There's no proof whatsoever that you actually did, and it's very possible that your body is just gearing up to o, and will soon. I would continue using protection while DTD, and really, it would be helpful to use temps.

If you were 14dpo when you took the hpt, I'd trust it. Regardless of where you are in your cycle, you can pretty much trust that the hpt says you are not pg. And if by some chance you are pg but it's too early to show on the hpt, there's nothing you can do about it now so don't stress over it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#189 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 04:35 PM

Sammerson: Check out my chart for an example with three patches of fertile CM: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11cdf While it is possible for someone to O with the scant amount/quality of fertile CM that you show in your chart IME it would be rather unusual. I also encourage you to use protection and to start temping now.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#190 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 05:33 PM

WTH?? how on earth could this FF be so wrong, wrong, wrong It is driving me batty. I've tried changing to all the various O settings with no change, should I delete all the CF to help it get more accurate?

Ovusoft got it right, right? It couldn't have been another day could it have? What's with the OPKs? I took two each day on CD26 and CD27 the first at around 1-3pm the second around 9-10pm. I think the darkest was 6/3 @ 10pm but it wasn't even close to an "almost positive" when wet the line was wide but very light and when dry it became the tiniest sliver of a line but much darker. O couldn't have been after that because of the temp shift, right?

Confused

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#191 of 654 Old 06-07-2010, 07:52 PM

Echo: I agree w/Ovusoft. For FF, first try not discarding the temp on CD 24, then try removing the HSO on CD 21. You don't need to discard the CD 24 temp to get your O confirmation.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#192 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 12:07 AM

CD1 here. came a day earlier than I was expecting. My lp has been 13 days for a few cycles but it went back to 12 this cycle, unless I Oed a day earlier, which I mentioned before might have been a possibility.

#193 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 12:14 AM

Ovusoft charts hurt my brain! Am I the only one? I'm so sorry, I just can't read them.

I think I'm really going to be ok w/avoiding this month. DD has been a terror these past few days and I often find myself thinking, "What am I, NUTS?!? Another one NOW?!?"

What do you guys think about taking B6 to lengthen LP? I was googling and it seems like toxicity is anything over 100 mg, but some TTCers are taking upwards of 200mg per day PLUS a prenatal. What gives? Anyone have the lowdown on B6?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#194 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 01:02 AM

I'm the same way with Ovusoft. Because I started with FF, I have a hard time reading anything else.

Echo- what was the reason for the open circle just before o?

Somewhat off topic, but does anyone here know of a thread for those of us "whatevering". Even the no stress ttc thread looks like more stress than I'm trying for. If not, I might start one. Just looking for other people who *want* to get pregnant, but are trying not to make a big deal of it, or to necessarily make it happen on purpose. We're still definately not trying, but I think we're both welcome to a pregnancy now, and I'd love to hear from others who can help me to NOT focus on it.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#195 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 03:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well, this month is a bust. My thermometer's battery ran out, the pharmacy didn't have the right kind to replace it, and then I got sick for two weeks, which would have messed up my temps anyway. Meh.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#196 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Somewhat off topic, but does anyone here know of a thread for those of us "whatevering". Even the no stress ttc thread looks like more stress than I'm trying for. If not, I might start one. Just looking for other people who *want* to get pregnant, but are trying not to make a big deal of it, or to necessarily make it happen on purpose. We're still definately not trying, but I think we're both welcome to a pregnancy now, and I'd love to hear from others who can help me to NOT focus on it.
If you start that thread, I'll post on it! I can't bring myself to post on TTC's One thread, b/c we're not *really* ttc, but I would love to be on a whatevering thread. Just to pass the time, and vent my feelings from time to time. I don't know of one that exists already, except for the few we have around here about wanting/waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
Well, this month is a bust. My thermometer's battery ran out, the pharmacy didn't have the right kind to replace it, and then I got sick for two weeks, which would have messed up my temps anyway. Meh.
Meh is right! Just use protection (if that's what you do) and keep track of the days, lol. I would scrap this cycle too! What CD are you on?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#197 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Morning everyone!

JJ - I don't know of a "whatevering" thread either.. It is a good idea, I'm not sure if I could switch from CTA to "whatevering" and not obsess. I have a lot of information on my cycles to just not obsess over things..

Not much going on, I'm so tired. I went to bed at 9:30 last night. Today is CD45 & 6DPO.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#198 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
What do you guys think about taking B6 to lengthen LP?
I recommend caution when considering taking anything to try to increase fertility/LP, etc while breastfeeding. It seems that they all work by down regulating the hormones involved in breastfeeding in order to achieve improved fertility status.

I also have a very hard time visualizing with Ovusoft charts.

And I'd also be interested in a "whatevering" thread. I'd join now, but there's no chance of conception while DH is still deployed. Definitely the more cautious side of whatevering for a couple more months.

#199 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 11:55 AM

MovingMomma- I took out HSO and CD24 temp back in again with no change... I'm thinking of telling FF that I got a positive OPK on CD24 and see if that changes anything.

Baby_Cakes & jeninejessica- I'm just the opposite! I started with Ovusoft and at first I had a really hard time reading FF charts. Now though I'm getting comfortable with both.

jeninejessica- I say go ahead and start a whatevering thread! I'm afraid that it may just end up being a little like the "no stress" ttc thread though because when you get a bunch a people trying not to stress well... you kind of focus a little more. I ended up over there because the thread moves about the right speed for me. I get really confused when there are way fast threads.

Smokering- sorry about the bust this month at least there is always next month.

MovingMomma- about being on the cautious side of whatevering while your hubby is deployed

I'm just sitting around at 5DPO waiting for something to happen

#200 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Echo- what was the reason for the open circle just before o?
oops I don't think I answered this... That temp on CD24 is a disturbance. We had a wedding on Sunday night and I had a few locally brewed beers (the groom is a brewmeister). If I have a drink the night before my temp is always off the next morning on the high side.

#201 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 12:15 PM

I'd join a Whatevering thread.

I had a hard time reading Ovusoft charts when I first started using them, too. I'm used to it now but still have to think a bit more when trying to visualize a thermal shift before it's marked. It's much easier to visualize things on FF.

#202 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 02:31 PM

I posted one in Family Planning. TTC doesn't really feel right... but maybe we'll end up moving it if it takes off.

AFM: I just finished AF. I think I'm throwing out our stash of condoms today. I really hate them, and DH has finally decided that he's ok with using WD when he cares to avoid, so there's no use for them. I honestly was at the point where if I knew we needed protection, I would just avoid sex as I hated them that much. It will be nice to have them officially out of the house. I love all the little bonuses charting affords you.

#203 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I posted one in Family Planning. TTC doesn't really feel right... but maybe we'll end up moving it if it takes off.

AFM: I just finished AF. I think I'm throwing out our stash of condoms today. I really hate them, and DH has finally decided that he's ok with using WD when he cares to avoid, so there's no use for them. I honestly was at the point where if I knew we needed protection, I would just avoid sex as I hated them that much. It will be nice to have them officially out of the house. I love all the little bonuses charting affords you.
I'll join in for this month, next cycle Im sure will be strict CTA though.

We have a stash of condoms in the cupboard but both of us hate them, we use w/d occasionally but I don't like to. It affects me emotionally too much at this point in time (something to do with the "I want a baby!" bug I think). So we basically avoid entirely during the fertile phase.

Wishing you luck this cycle!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#204 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:

I freaking hate condoms so much that I don't have words for it. I must have a minor latex allergy or an allergy to the spermicide or something, but they make sex painful and miserable and just nasty. Plus, a penis looks silly enough without being smooshed into saran wrap, ya know?

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

#205 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroto42 View Post
a penis looks silly enough without being smooshed into saran wrap, ya know?

#206 of 654 Old 06-08-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroto42 View Post
I freaking hate condoms so much that I don't have words for it. I must have a minor latex allergy or an allergy to the spermicide or something, but they make sex painful and miserable and just nasty. Plus, a penis looks silly enough without being smooshed into saran wrap, ya know?

I hated most things about condoms but I do miss the easy clean-up!

Major temp drop this AM so DH is crossing his fingers that I have a temp spike tomorrow. He's really had a tough time with abstaining during this fertile period. I have little sympathy for him however because I think it's silly that we are avoiding to start with!

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#207 of 654 Old 06-09-2010, 12:47 AM

@ saran wrap. It does turn it into quite an unattractive little thing, doesn't it?

I think part of my issue with it is that even lubricated ones never really seem to be lubricated properly. Really, our bodies weren't meant to have latex in between them. At what other point in our lives would we rub plastic against sensitive skin and expect it to feel good? Really?!!?

lyterae: I was like that a few months back. It was easier knowing "definately not this cycle" than getting my hopes up only to have them smashed.

#208 of 654 Old 06-09-2010, 05:17 AM

All right, my chart seems filled in well enough for viewing.

Is it weird to have the same temp consecutively? There are three instances where I had the same temp two days in a row. My thermometer is one of those that reads to the hundredth, so it seemed extra odd that my temp would be say, 97.53, two days in a row. I conducted some experiments to see if I somehow wasn't clearing the stored memory or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

It seems that my CM is not totally jiving with my temps. Some of that may be user error. I think I'll have a better idea for assigning CM and cervix position values next cycle.

This is my first cycle off the ring. I sure hope I really did O, it will make things a lot easier to track!
#209 of 654 Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Hi Ladies! Was hoping I could join your discussion group! I am not charting yet since I just had a baby 8 weeks ago but I CTA for 7 mos than DH and I wanted to have another baby so we CTC. So my son was born April 13th. My DH was going to go in for a vasectomy but I just can't bring myself to us having it be a permanent decision yet. So we are going to be CTA and using condoms for now.

We have 7 children (6 living). I am a WAHM, Pampered Chef consultant, homeschooling, and both my DH and I are in college. So life is crazy around here but wouldn't have it any other way. Thought I would join the group to get support for my CTA decision. We definitely don't want anymore right now. I really need to lose about 80 lbs to be where I want to be and I need to get my health in order, so to say. I have celiac and I have found that it has affected my last 3 children. My nursing son now, was having a challenge with it. Thank goodness for our chiropractor that does TBM and he is doing great today!! I think this problem is part of the reason my last daughter had such problems and then died on July 16th, 2008 because we choked up on the milk she was forever throwing up. So I can't say how happy I am that my chiro was able to help my son yesterday.

Anyhow, when I start charting again, I will post it, if I can figure out how. I use Ovusoft which I really like.

Wife to Steve: Mom to 5 girls and 2 boys. We are CTA until ? DH and I are both in college It may be a crazy life but its our life!
#210 of 654 Old 06-09-2010, 09:18 AM

Alaskan Flower- I also get consecutive temps back to back. I have it 2x on this month's chart. I

welcome sonniecooks- sorry you've had to go through such a loss it does sound like you have a busy homestead! Do you use LAM for the first 6 months before CTA?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page