Ovulation before Menses after stopping the pill???? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ovulation before Menses after stopping the pill????

Copied from Origional thread in Fertility..............not many women answering in there.............

Hi, I am on CD52 right now. I had my post pill withdrawal bleeding April 10-14th, and I am still waiting for me normal period to start. I am wondering if I will ovulate, or if I have, before I get my period? I have been using fertilityfriend.com, but only to track CM and CP. I have nto started temping yet. I was going to wait until my period started.

Also, should I be worried about conceiving if I haven't started my period yet? I have been to the doctor twice since stopping the pill, and she does a urin test every time I go in. But my CM has had signs of being fertile, but does that mean I ovulated?

Thanks for the advice ladies!

working full time waiting for him to propose
#2 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 12:14 PM

YES! I got pregnant right after stopping the pill (after being on it for seven months) I had my withdrawal bleed and then didn't have another period for 1 1/2 years!!

Without temping you can not be sure of ovulation. If you ever have CM (be it fertile or not) you need to be careful.

Lastly - I have seen women have a super long cycle after getting off the pill too.

HTH! good luck.

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#3 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thats what is making me worry, I do not know if or when I ovulated, but I have had CM this whole time, Including EWCM for 3 days. I dont know what any of this means. lol

working full time waiting for him to propose
#4 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 12:46 PM

I would start temping in your position, when I went off birth control I started temping around CD30 to see if I could figure anything out. I ovulated about 10 days later and was able to confirm the temp rise. Also, just being off BC can really mess up your CM patterns.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#5 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 09:30 PM

I just wanted to second what everyone has already said; That it is definitely possible to ovulate and get pregnant before AF when stopping bcp. I am now in my 4th cycle after stopping bcp which I was on for 11 years. I started temping immediately after my last pill withdrawal bleed, and was able to confirm a temp rise indicating ovulation at about day 16. Here is my chart if you would like to check it out. The one at the bottom starting on Feb 17 is my first cycle off the pill. Good luck!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#6 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM

I'd like to third the notion of ovulation before AF after stopping the pill. I got off Triphasil after 14 years, had a 2 days withdrawal bleed and then I got preggo right away.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page