The "Whatever" Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 496 Old 06-26-2010, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I distract myself with knitting. Although, with dh not even here, there's not much to be distracted from right now.

I've been buying so much yarn lately it's crazy. I keep getting hit with notices about coops for my fave yarns that are so hard to get otherwise and then I won a spot in a lottery that I had entered at the last minute on a whim. I never thought my name would get drawn. I wonder if dh will be upset that we have to sell the house and one of the kids and move into a tiny apartment because I've spent so much on yarn.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#362 of 496 Old 06-26-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroto42 View Post
I couldn't resist.

There is a very faint plus sign in the little window. It showed up inside of three minutes, so it's not a fade line.

Hooray!!!
Congratulations!! Oh I'm so happy for you!!!

What do you guys think of this re: My Huge Drop?? My best friend doesn't want me to give up hope yet. Lol.

I know I just have to wait and see my temp tmw but I thought it was interesting that you *could* see an implantation dip as late as 10dpo!!

Still feeling so sick to my tummy, achey boobs, weird twingies in the reproductive area. So, if I'm not pg, I'm thinking I might have been pg but it didn't implant.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#363 of 496 Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
What do you guys think of this re: My Huge Drop?? My best friend doesn't want me to give up hope yet. Lol.
I don't ever put much importance on one temp so I wouldn't worry about or read into that. I wouldn't read much into any symptoms you have one way or another, either. I don't think it's likely to get pg symptoms from a fertilized egg that doesn't implant. Your body wouldn't even know that it was pg yet so it wouldn't start producing any hormones that would cause pg symptoms. Also, normal progesterone during a non-pg lp can cause pg-like symptoms. Since healthy implantation can occur anywhere from 5-12dpo, an implantation dip can definitely happen at 10dpo.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#364 of 496 Old 06-26-2010, 09:48 PM

Thanks, MW. I'm really trying not to read into any symptoms, but the problem w/hoping your pg is that suddenly everything is a symptom!! It's driving me insane. My bewbs are probably always this sore and I'm probably always this nauseous, but of course I think it's all pg related.

How pathetic do I sound, really??

Wait, don't answer that! I don't want to know!!

I'll just see what tmw brings. Either AF or not! At least tmw one way or another I'll know!! And life can go on!! I'm so over this!! LOL!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#365 of 496 Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Thanks, MW. I'm really trying not to read into any symptoms, but the problem w/hoping your pg is that suddenly everything is a symptom!! It's driving me insane. My bewbs are probably always this sore and I'm probably always this nauseous, but of course I think it's all pg related.

How pathetic do I sound, really??
Not pathetic at all. I do the same thing.

#366 of 496 Old 06-26-2010, 11:13 PM

Congrats!

for me, the difference between whatever and TTC, is that we are ok with either result, and if we don't DTD around O time, well, that's ok.

AFM: well, cd 45 as of Sunday. I am pretty sure I O'd, looking at what CM I have recorded, either early or just this past week.

We didn't exactly do the shettles method, but did wait unitl O and the day before for BDing. we did end up with a boy, just luck, or timing?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#367 of 496 Old 06-26-2010, 11:27 PM

MW - I always need distractions, mostly to get my mind off of something that ended up being a distraction from something else. It's a vicious cycle. LOL What are you knitting? I tried to learn how to knit a while back. My mom is pretty good at it. I just don't have the patience to sit there and count stitches. I love to do needlepoint, but who the heck even does that anymore??

Baby Cakes - Don't give up hope yet! You don't sound pathetic at all. I do the same thing. It's like when I want to be pregnant then I am so in tune with my body I can feel every tiny muscle that's out of place, every little pain, etc. It drives me crazy and sometimes I will sit there and think am I really feeling this/that or is my mind playing tricks on me??

As for the shettles method, I have heard of it, but I'm not partial either way, so I know I will never try it. With my DD, to this day I am still SO confused on when I conceived her. Because I swear I DTD maybe like once that whole cycle. My DH, at the time, was out of town during the time I O'ed. But, I felt that she was a girl, and I kind of based it on that, since I had heard that female sperm live longer. And, I was right, even when everyone else thought she was a boy. But, maybe it was just motherly instinct. Who knows. There is a theory to everything, right?

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
#368 of 496 Old 06-26-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
We didn't exactly do the shettles method, but did wait unitl O and the day before for BDing. we did end up with a boy, just luck, or timing?
Well, there's always a 50/50 chance. Pretty good odds either way, right?

And, yay for possible O.

Quote:
What are you knitting?
More like, what am I not knitting? I just finished two scarves for one of my sisters. I recently posted a pic on FB of the hoodie I made for 3yo ds that actually fits both him and my 6.5yo. My sis piped up and requested a scarf in either brown/pink or teal/purple. I just happened to have 2 skeins of yarn in both those color combos so I made one to give to her now for her birthday (which was June 14) and one for Christmas. Nice to destash and already have one Christmas gift down. I also made myself 2 summer tank tops. One I really like and the other is just, "Eh."

Now I've been searching for something to use my Mosaic Moon Dragon's Lair (if you know that yarn) handspun. It's so gorgeous that I have to find just the right thing. I think I've found a nice hat and scarf, not a set but they should look good together.

Seriously, I've got so much yarn waiting to be knit it's embarrassing. I've got some Dream In Color Classy to make myself the February Lady Pullover (if you know that pattern, very popular on Ravelry) and Nurturing Threads Disco for another sweater for myself. I've also got some Mosaic Moon Coastal Sunset for which I'm searching for the perfect project. Coming I have Mosaic Moon Tristan and Isolde to make hoodie (probably the Wonderful Wallaby) for 6yo ds, Wildflower Whimsy Emperor for another hoodie for 3yo ds, 3IG Mimosa, Mojito, Cole and Father time, Family Roots Fiber THIMILY to make a hooded poncho for my friend's new baby girl and First Beach to make something for my boys.

On top of all that, I've found 2 more upcoming Mosaic Moon coops on Crunchy Cooperatives, one just finished picking colorways and opens July 1 and another one in the process of voting on colors opening July 15. I'm almost definitely going to order something from the July 1 coop, maybe some Goblin or the Halloween Custom, and Barn Owl is definitely going to be in the July 15 coop. Ack! I need to get a job!

Can you tell I'm addicted and obsessed?

#369 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
You consider that a late O? That would be early for me. Your chart looks a lot like Carrie's. It doesn't make sense that a later O should result in a much shorter lp. If the difference was more than 2 days, I'd guess it's more likely that you either didn't O or the O day was off.
Haha I know, doesn't it sound funny? My cycles are just -that- regular. I almost always o on days 14 or 15, and then have a 12-13 day LP. Everytime I've o'ed on CD17 or later, I've had an 10 day or shorter LP. There's some where the o day could be off, but there's some where there's not much to dispute. It's very weird.

I also do the crocheting to keep my mind off things. It's kind of mindless so I like it. I however, don't have a pretty stash, just a stash that I'm trying to work through. I told myself after I finish what I have, my next project is learning to make cloth diapers. I have 10 kushies AIO's that have badly damaged/ugly PUL, so I wanted to recover them, and make them pretty. After I saw how much work that was, I think I might just make separate covers for them instead. Once I get through with that, it'll be finally time to go buy pretty yarn and make pretty things, instead of hohum things.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#370 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Timing wise... I'd love one this month, but it doesn't look like that's happening, so I'm hoping for April or May, June a little less so, and I won't stop 'trying' for July and August, but they would be my least favorite. I hated having a summer birthday. I would very much NOT prefer one Dec-Jan, but again, not enough to avoid.
I think having a summer bday would be neat. Why didn't u like it?

AFM, I just refuse, 100%, with all my power and soul, to be heavily pg in the dead of summer again. With this month probably being a no go, I still have some flexibility in timing. But, I don't think I would mind so much *having* a baby in the summer. At least not early summer.

I think w/all this craziness during this 2ww, I've had time to do some real soul searching and I've found fears that I didn't even know I had about having another. So, I mentioned to DH that next cycle I don't think I will chart, we can just avoid. I need to take my brain off baby overdrive!! But then in August, see how I feel, how he feels, and possibly whatever from there. I like saying whatever. It's just doesnt bear the same weight that TTC does!

But I also told him I don't know if I can do that, so we'll have to see!

#371 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 09:28 AM

Kristine, congrats!

Baby Cakes, I think you're still in the running...temp back up this morning I see...your cats' behavior has me convinced LOL.

AFM, waiting for AF. I don't really have any chance of being pg this month as we are still technically avoiding and using condoms and even if we weren't the timing is quite inconducive to pregnancy. Expecting AF by Tuesday...then I'm going to try to have a talk with DH fairly soon to decide whether we can officially...whatever. My chart.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#372 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 10:31 AM

My chart

I'm hoping today's temp means O. If so, the maca might actually be doing something because it would be the 2nd cycle in a row with O about a week earlier than usual.

Mel ~ I think you have a chance. That BD on cd13 is within 5 days of O and on an ewcf day.

#373 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Haha I know, doesn't it sound funny? My cycles are just -that- regular. I almost always o on days 14 or 15, and then have a 12-13 day LP. Everytime I've o'ed on CD17 or later, I've had an 10 day or shorter LP. There's some where the o day could be off, but there's some where there's not much to dispute. It's very weird.
If you have several accurate charts and there's really that much variation in your lp, you might want to see a doc about it since you aren't avoiding pg.

#374 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 10:47 AM

MW - Oh my! You are knitting a lot! I used to know a few colorways back when DD was in cloth diapers. I would buy yarn and have someone else knit it into pants or shorts for her. I guess it is always good to have a hobby. I would call it that more than I would call it an obsession.

Here is my chart, but nothing really exciting is going on...just waiting to O.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
#375 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcrunchymama View Post
MW - Oh my! You are knitting a lot!
Sorry you asked now, huh? On the knitting, last night I thought I'd found the perfect hat and scarf patterns for my handspun but now I'm questioning myself. I do wear hats and scarves when it's cold but it doesn't usually get that cold very much where I'm living right now, and when we move, it'll almost certainly be to an even warmer climate. So, now I'm afraid a hat and scarf will be a waste. The only other thing I can think of to make is a shawl but I've never worn a shawl. (Mental note: Don't buy anymore gorgeous yarn unless I actually have something to make. )

#376 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Mel ~ I think you have a chance. That BD on cd13 is within 5 days of O and on an ewcf day.
Yeah, but it was also with a condom.

#377 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Yeah, but it was also with a condom.
Oh, poo. Do you have a way of recording protected vs. unprotected?

#378 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I think I ovulated last night! I felt the *pop!* and this morning my temp is up to 36.5 I know I need to see a few high temps to confirm it. Of course, last time we DTD was 3 days ago... but that's what happened when I conceived DD... I'm just glad I didn't wake up with for my birthday today! Pancakes are being made for me as I type

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#379 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 02:41 PM

Carrie- Just popping in to stalk you. I understand the fear and uncertainty of it all. I'm starting to think it's normal. I'm still going back and forth "what did we do?!" to "We're having a baby!!" .. I feel like I'm on drugs.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#380 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Oh, poo. Do you have a way of recording protected vs. unprotected?
Yep. X is protected, AM/PM is unprotected.

#381 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 03:40 PM

so my first step is to start charting. where do you buy the basal? any store or special? and i am ebf so no cycle really. can someone help walk me through what i would look for in terms os starting o'ing? i am a complete newbie to chharting or even knowing when i o'ed. i really want to try super hard to do everything i can to try to make a boy for DH. i will not be telling him though, i dont wanna get his hopes up.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#382 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
If so, the maca might actually be doing something because it would be the 2nd cycle in a row with O about a week earlier than usual.
Crossing my crossables this is O for you! That would be an amazing result from taking the maca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Carrie- Just popping in to stalk you. I understand the fear and uncertainty of it all. I'm starting to think it's normal. I'm still going back and forth "what did we do?!" to "We're having a baby!!" .. I feel like I'm on drugs.
Aww! I feel the love!! I'm 99% sure I'm out, but it's not over till the fat lady sings, right?

#383 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
so my first step is to start charting. where do you buy the basal? any store or special? and i am ebf so no cycle really. can someone help walk me through what i would look for in terms os starting o'ing? i am a complete newbie to chharting or even knowing when i o'ed. i really want to try super hard to do everything i can to try to make a boy for DH. i will not be telling him though, i dont wanna get his hopes up.
I'd first look into ecological breastfeeding before worrying about charting. If your cycles haven't returned yet, there's really no need to temp. I don't start charting again PP until after at least one PP bleed. You can track CF to get an idea of when you might be fertile.

If you're going to chart your BBT, I strongly recommend that you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler beforehand and paper chart for a while so you will understand it without sometimes faulty software confusing you. Most drug stores and superstores like Walmart and Kmart sell bbt thermometers. I use a BD basal thermometer, which I used to be able to buy in stores but haven't seen one lately. You can buy them online.

#384 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

I disliked having a summer birthday because my parties always sucked. As a kid, it's hard to round people up when school isn't in session. and everyone is off vacationing at various places. I always ended up sad at the end of my parties.
I gotta run... I'll catch up later!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#385 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I disliked having a summer birthday because my parties always sucked. As a kid, it's hard to round people up when school isn't in session. and everyone is off vacationing at various places. I always ended up sad at the end of my parties.
I gotta run... I'll catch up later!
I've found that winter birthdays can be not so hot, either. DS3's b-day is January 13. I guess because it's so soon after Christmas a lot of people seem to forget about it. For some reason, my dh refuses to call any of his family to remind them that it's ds' b-day, not even FIL, aka Grandad.

#386 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I can see that. DH's bday is January 22, and his often gets overlooked as well. I can't imagine it being any closer to the holidays.

Warm Fuzzy moment-- I was climbing into bed last night after retrieving my thermometer from the office, and told DH "You know it's funny, because next month I won't need this, but I'm so anal, I'll probably keep temping anyways" and he was like what do you mean, won't you need it to know when is a good time? And then I had to tell him all about "whatevering" lol, but it turns out that in his head, next month we were going to be like, actively trying and planning dtd around when we could get pregnant. I told him no, I'd rather it not be that calculated, but I mean obviously, I'm going to be more excited to dtd when there's a chance, but I don't want that to be the only reason. Anyways, it was just exciting to listen to him describing it as like- no, next month we are trying. He's ready I think, but he's having a really hard time actually having to say that, for I'm sure the same reasons so many of us go back and forth over how we feel about a pregnancy... so in light of that it was fun to hear him talk about it so positive and matter of factly.

And Babycakes, it was you who was talking about making up symptoms? I totally caught myself doing that today. I had like the slightest slightest slightest bit of 'spotting' today, combined with nausea, and I was like oooh oooh!! Ugh, not don't get your hopes up. I'm fairly sure the spotting was not even spotting, but my mind playing tricks on me. And nausea, very likely from my stressful morning, but it just goes to show you how much we allow ourselves to read into situations!

#387 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Warm Fuzzy moment-- I was climbing into bed last night after retrieving my thermometer from the office, and told DH "You know it's funny, because next month I won't need this, but I'm so anal, I'll probably keep temping anyways" and he was like what do you mean, won't you need it to know when is a good time? And then I had to tell him all about "whatevering" lol, but it turns out that in his head, next month we were going to be like, actively trying and planning dtd around when we could get pregnant. I told him no, I'd rather it not be that calculated, but I mean obviously, I'm going to be more excited to dtd when there's a chance, but I don't want that to be the only reason. Anyways, it was just exciting to listen to him describing it as like- no, next month we are trying. He's ready I think, but he's having a really hard time actually having to say that, for I'm sure the same reasons so many of us go back and forth over how we feel about a pregnancy... so in light of that it was fun to hear him talk about it so positive and matter of factly.
That's cute. Of course, you don't need the temp to know when to do it, only when it's over and done.

#388 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I've found that winter birthdays can be not so hot, either. DS3's b-day is January 13. I guess because it's so soon after Christmas a lot of people seem to forget about it. For some reason, my dh refuses to call any of his family to remind them that it's ds' b-day, not even FIL, aka Grandad.
DD's birthday is Feb. 4th and we've found the most difficult part is that it's right in snowstorm "season". So far her "birth" day and 3 out of 4 parties have been "snowed" out.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#389 of 496 Old 06-27-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I can see that. DH's bday is January 22, and his often gets overlooked as well. I can't imagine it being any closer to the holidays.

And Babycakes, it was you who was talking about making up symptoms? I totally caught myself doing that today. I had like the slightest slightest slightest bit of 'spotting' today, combined with nausea, and I was like oooh oooh!! Ugh, not don't get your hopes up. I'm fairly sure the spotting was not even spotting, but my mind playing tricks on me. And nausea, very likely from my stressful morning, but it just goes to show you how much we allow ourselves to read into situations!

That is so, so sweet!

I dream of the day DH is that ready. You are lucky to have that now. Enjoy every minute of it!!

And yes, I totally make up and believe all my symptoms. I could make anything fit pg. Tear up at a commercial or sappy card? OMG pg. Walk into a wall or bang into a table by accident? OMG. Totally pg. Did i just order iced tea?? OMG w/DD I craved that all the time! Am I craving iced tea?? I'm TOTALLY craving iced tea! I MUST be pg!!

ROTFLMAO! But it sure is fun!!

I feel AF coming! Very crampy. Boo. I'm sure I'll see her in the am. On to bigger and better things and more whatevering!!!

The good news is that my lp was one day longer this cycle (if af comes tmw) than last. So that's always a good thing, 11 days instead of that wonky 10. The first cycle off the IUD I had a 14 day one. So that's weird, but as long as they keep getting longer I think I'll be ok. And it's normal length, I'd just like them not to vary so much.

#390 of 496 Old 06-28-2010, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

It's seriously a shock to me, really. We 'bargained' dtd for trying to for a baby (he said we could start trying after a certain number of times ) but now as we're getting close, he's been saying that he's going to get down to 1 left, and then stop, so we didn't have to ttc. So to hear him sa ythat was ttoally out of left field, like Wait? You want to do something that would -increase- our chances? Because he often make it seem like he would be ok going for months without a positive test.

And yeah... I mean he *knows* that the temp doesn't mean anything until after, but I suppose in his head, the thermometer is the key to everything. lol

Babycakes: Boo erms!!! I agree, but good for an increasing LP! And hey, now maybe I'll have a testing buddy next month! lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page