The "Whatever" Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 496 Old 06-29-2010, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I know, that is why I liked the fertility monitor when I had it (that and it checks both estrogen and LH) got pregnant the 1st month with it, after nearly 2 years of TTC, nearly all of that charting. I am not saying the monitor did it, but it did allow me to stress less. That and the supplements I was taking, and DH was taking + weight loss for both of us . . .it all added up finally!

I never saw the point in paying for more stuff on FF. I actually used iVillage's fertility planner at the same time, and in some ways, preferred it.

I am so looking forward to Friday! - the usual reasons, TGIF, payday, a 3 day weekend, and the end of mystery, unless shows before hand.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#422 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

I won't pay for the VIP ff for the same reason I won't go buy more cloth mama pads, even though I love them-- I keep convincing myself that maybe next month I won't need it/them anymore.

The part of the VIP I miss most after I lose my free days is that it allows you to display signs on the chart (ie o pain, or nausea, etc), you can display more than one chart at a time, and... is it the overlaying charts that's a VIP thing? There was something else like that.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#423 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
The part of the VIP I miss most after I lose my free days is that it allows you to display signs on the chart (ie o pain, or nausea, etc), you can display more than one chart at a time, and... is it the overlaying charts that's a VIP thing? There was something else like that.
I can overlay charts. I've not found that to be useful, though. Maybe because my cycles don't seem to follow any discernible pattern. I didn't know signs didn't show up on charts unless VIP. I find the signs things kind of overwhelming and confusing. I like the way Ovusoft does that a lot better. Ovusoft has the actual sign next to each row so you can just scan across and see if/when you marked that sign rather than having #s assigned that you have to find at the bottom of the chart and then find again in the chart. I have a lot of signs, though. It would be nice if everyone could display more than one chart on their homepage since you really need at least 3 for reference. Makes it easier for me when I'm looking at someone else's chart if I can see a bit about their history.

So, I think I'm going to get O confirmed for cd22. That means should show on 7/11-12. DH is supposed to be home 7/10.

Oh, someone asked me how long he'll be home. He's going to take a little less than a month off. He was going to take a month off but he has to report to his new unit just shy of that. That's cool, though. We'll still get enough time together to drive each other crazy after being separated for so long. After that, I don't know. It depends on his new unit's deployment rotation and any training they have to do before that. Even when he's home, he's not home much since he goes away for a month of training here and 2 weeks of training there. And, time spent anywhere CONUS (inside the continental United States) is considered time home from deployment rather than actually being home with family.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#424 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 10:49 AM

Overlays always confuse me, whenever I see them. Especially when there are so many cycles overlayed!!

I can't even tell you what I like most about VIP days, they just feel special. I couldn't bring myself to buy it, even if I were TTC for months, b/c it doesn't really tell u anything u don't know -- it just highlights it for you. Gives you a dpo count. Tells you if your timing was good. I know all that stuff already, I think.

Still waiting on AF. She should be here today, I have no doubt. I've been cramping for days waiting for this stupid cow to show, my sciatica is atrocious, I've been doping myself up on ibuprofen b/c I don't feel like suffering. LOL. I'm the moodiest moody mcmooderson ever!!

Doesn't help that DD fell asleep after 4 pm yesterday, and I couldn't bring myself to wake her. So I let her sleep. I was up w/her til 1 am!! Never again! My patience was so thin, I was exhausted, and I'd just had it. I held her tight in my arms until she literally stopped thrashing around and succumbed to sleep!!

I'm just so ready to start a new cycle, a fresh start. I know it isn't over till the fat lady sings, so part of me still feels really tied to this cycle. I want a new one!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#425 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 AM

MW, it is tough, isn't it? but I know you will be so glad to drive him crazy when he gets back!

A friend of mine's DH is deployed at the moment and when he returns this fall, they get to move cross-country (from NC to Washington state). I don't envy that at all - not the moving so much, but the chaos of it on top of welcoming her DH home. I never really minded moving. But I do miss being a military brat sometimes!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#426 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 AM

Carrie, I understand - a fresh start is nice. If AF hasn't shown by Friday, and I get a BFN, on one hand, I will be ok with that, but OTOH, I will be majory P.O.'d, b/c I hate long crazy cycles. Had more EWCM today . . .and more cramping, and I am just still plain tired and super hungry. right now I am really just waiting for payday.

today is cd 49. but who's counting?

#427 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Still waiting on AF. She should be here today, I have no doubt. I've been cramping for days waiting for this stupid cow to show, my sciatica is atrocious, I've been doping myself up on ibuprofen b/c I don't feel like suffering. LOL. I'm the moodiest moody mcmooderson ever!!
Cramping can happen during early pg, too. If I were you, I'd switched to acetominophen/paracetamol (Tylenol) until I knew for sure. Ibuprofen is an NSAID in the same class as aspirin and contraindicated during pg.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#428 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 12:55 PM

HI
I just wanted to pop on and say hi.
We have just started to CTA. This is my first cycle temping and I think I messed up. I would be really happy for an oops. Dh is not too sure. We have three kids 9,6 and 2. I would love to have four but we will see.
I had a pregnancy "scare" last month and it I was so disappointed when AF came. That is when I realized that I really do want another little one.
I read Taking charge of your Fertlility and bought the software.
I am not sure how to upload my chart.
I am hoping that maybe our oops can become something. Of course I now wonder if all the cramping I have been having is something or just in my head.
Thanks for listening to me ramble on.
#429 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozmom View Post
I am not sure how to upload my chart.
You have to register at the TCOYF forums before you can upload your chart. There's somewhere that you have to set it for public viewing but I can't remember where that is. At the top of your chart there's an "Upload" button. Just click that and follow the instructions. Then copy and paste the chart link it gives you when it's done.

#430 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 02:05 PM

Welcome Jozmom!

#431 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Cramping can happen during early pg, too. If I were you, I'd switched to acetominophen/paracetamol (Tylenol) until I knew for sure. Ibuprofen is an NSAID in the same class as aspirin and contraindicated during pg.
I thought about that after taking 3 yesterday.
I didn't take any today b/c I was still thinking that. It's after 2 pm here and still no AF...usually she comes first thing in the am after I use the bathroom.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#432 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I didn't take any today b/c I was still thinking that. It's after 2 pm here and still no AF...usually she comes first thing in the am after I use the bathroom.
I hope you have a resolution one way or the other soon, the inbetween is awful.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#433 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I hope you find something out soon. How many DPO are you now?

AFM: I've got some weird stuff going on! I had EWCM on Monday, yesterday was EWCM and I was spotting, and now today I have sticky and still spotting. I have no idea why I'm spotting in the middle of my cycle. It's never happened since I was on BCP.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
#434 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
That little bit so early won't hurt anything. I just wouldn't continue it. Even if you were to continue it, that doesn't mean it would necessarily cause a problem. I'm instructed by my docs to take 81 mg aspirin every day for the first trimester.

#435 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcrunchymama View Post
I hope you find something out soon. How many DPO are you now?
Today I'm 14DPO. AF is definitely due today, and is officially late by my count b/c usually she comes first thing in the am. Though, my temp didn't drop this am, so maybe she'll just start tonight and tmw my temp will be low.

My chart.

lyterae - This limbo business is really the pits. I just want to know either way. Honestly at this point, I've done a really good job of talking myself into waiting till August or Sept to get pg, so I'm really ok w/seeing AF! I just wish she'd hurry herself up and get here!

Come on new cycle vibes!

#436 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
lyterae - This limbo business is really the pits. I just want to know either way. Honestly at this point, I've done a really good job of talking myself into waiting till August or Sept to get pg, so I'm really ok w/seeing AF! I just wish she'd hurry herself up and get here!

Come on new cycle vibes!
It really is because you don't want to be hopeful because AF is supposed to be here and you've already talked yourself into waiting another cycle... It's tough. For the record, I know it doesn't help anything, I still think your chart looks nice.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#437 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Today I'm 14DPO. AF is definitely due today, and is officially late by my count b/c usually she comes first thing in the am. Though, my temp didn't drop this am, so maybe she'll just start tonight and tmw my temp will be low.

My chart.
TEST, TEST, TEST! You're driving me crazy! Ya know, if you didn't implant until 10dpo, you wouldn't get a bfp before 13dpo.

#438 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 05:56 PM

Driving YOU crazy?

Do you think it would have to be FMU? I don't know if I feel like wasting a test. If nothing by tonight, then tmw am for sure!

#439 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 06:08 PM

Baby cakes
You are more patient than me. I tested today at 8 dpo. I have seen posts where women have gotten a positive that soon.

I am still trying to figure out how to upload my chart.
In a nutshell my cycles have been really screwy lately. I usually have longer cycles and O mid to late. This cylce I o'd on day 10 and bd on days 6 and 8.
My boobs have been really sore also.
I think I am just really hoping for a oops.
#440 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 06:29 PM

I put all of my info on fertility friend.
How do I copy the link so I can paste it here.
I am not very internet savy.
Thanks
#441 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozmom View Post
Baby cakes
You are more patient than me. I tested today at 8 dpo. I have seen posts where women have gotten a positive that soon.
Oh no I'm not!! I've just tested so much this cycle and seen, what...6 BFNs? I'm not patient. I'm just OVER it!

I started testing at 7 DPO, just to see if I could catch the first hint of a line. No dice.

For FF, you have to go to Tools, Homepage Setup, and then find the link up near the top. Then just copy/paste here.

#442 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Driving YOU crazy?

Do you think it would have to be FMU? I don't know if I feel like wasting a test. If nothing by tonight, then tmw am for sure!
Yes! I don't want to get your hopes up but I think you have an excellent chance of being pg. Your BD timing is perfect, your temp is still up and your lp is longer (maybe?). I think I'd probably still go with FMU because, if you did just implant at 10dpo, it's only been 3 or 4 days, right? You probably could do it tonight if you hold it for 4 hours. (Not that I'm a pusher or anything. )

I've gotten bfps at 7-8dpo but I think I implant early, around 5dpo.

#443 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 08:28 PM

No March baby for this mama! AF just arrived!

At least I saved that test for next time!

I honestly have to say knowing is so much better than being in limbo!! Onward and upward! And back to whatevering!!

Sure sucks though. And what a wacky cycle.

#444 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
No March baby for this mama! AF just arrived!

At least I saved that test for next time!

I honestly have to say knowing is so much better than being in limbo!! Onward and upward! And back to whatevering!!

Sure sucks though. And what a wacky cycle.
It was looking so good.

#445 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Sorry, Baby Cakes!

I'm a bit annoyed that we'll be visiting family while I'm potentially fertile in July. Probably not going to be private enough for much action there.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#446 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Babycakes Not knowing is definately the hardest, but it still sucks when you find out and it isn't what you were hoping for. Maybe we can be oops April buddies. lol

AFM: If I was trying to convince myself we had a 'bad' W/D this month, I think I can officially stop. My chart is looking pretty clear. Temp Drop Here...

But... DH is on board for next month, and on board for it being 'whatever' and not overplanned, so I'm hoping to make it nonstress. I haven't decided if I want to keep temping just so I can say- ok, I definately know I o'ed there... or if I'd rather just revel in not having to temp.

On the upside... I made it to 10dpo, and I won't get AF tonight, so that means at least an 11 day lp. That breaks my 'habit' of having short LP's when I o later.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#447 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 09:21 PM

Thanks everyone. I need the hugs. It's hard, even though I "knew" it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Babycakes Not knowing is definately the hardest, but it still sucks when you find out and it isn't what you were hoping for. Maybe we can be oops April buddies. lol

AFM: If I was trying to convince myself we had a 'bad' W/D this month, I think I can officially stop. My chart is looking pretty clear. Temp Drop Here...

But... DH is on board for next month, and on board for it being 'whatever' and not overplanned, so I'm hoping to make it nonstress. I haven't decided if I want to keep temping just so I can say- ok, I definately know I o'ed there... or if I'd rather just revel in not having to temp.

On the upside... I made it to 10dpo, and I won't get AF tonight, so that means at least an 11 day lp. That breaks my 'habit' of having short LP's when I o later.
I'm thinking I might just temp around the middle to see the shift and that's all. I'm not sure. I have to see what DH is thinking -- if he is up for whatevering or if he wants to avoid this month. At this point, whatever he wants to do is what I'll do. I'm tired of all the drama!

And JJ, hooray for a longer LP. Mine is back to 14 too. I like that it's normal. I hope yours is 11 or longer!

Do you guys count spotting as CD1? I usually don't. I'm going to wait until there is an actual flow, tmw.

#448 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

I don't generally get spotting for more than a few hours before I start, but in theory, I say that I "start" at the moment I need to grab a pantyliner or tampon or pad or something. If it's lighter than that, then I don't consider it starting.

#449 of 496 Old 06-30-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Do you guys count spotting as CD1?
No. CD1 is the first day of full, red flow. Spotting doesn't count.

#450 of 496 Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 AM

no for me; but also :bfn which means is only a matter of time, just wish I knew when!

BabyCakes, sorry about , but hey, on to next cycle! and here's to some zen!

I rarely get spotting one whole day and full flow the next, it usually all happens within 24 hours. Then again, I don't count spotting as because, well, it could be implantation spotting (I don't like to give up until the last possible minute, can't you tell?)

If one of these last two patches was O, I should be getting AF in the next week or so. I don't temp until she's over.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page