The "Whatever" Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 496 Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozmom View Post
AFM I took two more tests today. I was able to see a pink line on both of them. It was very light but I didn't have to squint to see it. I spilled the beans to dh and he is taking it well. I know he will love this potential child as much as the other three but he was not sure about four.

Congratulations!! Any pics!? I'm a sucker for bfp pictures!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 496 Old 07-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Wow! Not even a month and we've already had 3-4 pgs! That's an 11-15% pg rate.

Maybe we should plan on having a new thread every month. I like keeping track of graduates each month. It gives me hope. It's not necessary, though, if no one else is interested and it's too much trouble.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#483 of 496 Old 07-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Monthly sounds good to me! And yeah -- a list of ppl who get pg! Fun!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#484 of 496 Old 07-03-2010, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah that makes sense. And a "graduates" list isn't nearly so complicated as a comprehensive list of everyone in the thread. It also keeps it a little more casual for the others still.

So for July... Chime in if you've gotten a BFP!! I don't want to forget anyone! I'll start the July thread tomorrow then, so we don't lose another whole day.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#485 of 496 Old 07-04-2010, 10:34 AM

Thanks for the congrats!
I took an FRER this morning and it was positive.
I guess I didn't get to whatever for too long.
#486 of 496 Old 07-04-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozmom View Post
Thanks for the congrats!
I took an FRER this morning and it was positive.
I guess I didn't get to whatever for too long.
Seems to work that way for some people.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#487 of 496 Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Yay jozmom! This thread seems to have been very good for people! lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#488 of 496 Old 07-04-2010, 07:34 PM

Congratulations jozmom!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#489 of 496 Old 07-04-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Yay jozmom! This thread seems to have been very good for people! lol
Seriously!

I ordered my ICs today. 20 should be enough to get me through one cycle.

#490 of 496 Old 07-04-2010, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

haha I have one dollarama test. I was -planning- on using that one, and then going out and buying a 'pretty' one to take a photo of/keep. That was before I read here that the digital ones fade, they don't say "pregnant" forever. Boo erms. This is all under the pretense that I'm going to try my darndest not to test until it's just a formality- thus I won't need more than one test.

#491 of 496 Old 07-04-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
This is all under the pretense that I'm going to try my darndest not to test until it's just a formality- thus I won't need more than one test.
That's always a good plan, especially when whatevering. I'm a poasoholic. I can't not test. I usually start at 7dpo and use at least 2 a day until shows if there's a chance I could be pg. If I get a bfp, I continue testing for a few weeks.

#492 of 496 Old 07-04-2010, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm still waiting on O... could be just about time. Super stretchy EWCM today! My Chart I told SO tonight would be good for trying, dunno what he'll do about it. I don't even care at this point, I just want to see an O!!! I'm on CD57.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#493 of 496 Old 07-05-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I usually start at 7dpo and use at least 2 a day until shows if there's a chance I could be pg.
This is the kind of person I am, too. I wish I weren't though, b/c my heart broke last cycle w/all those bfns.

With DD, I didn't test after I got my 2 positive tests, one FRER and on digi, b/c I was so afraid that it would be negative. I'm mad I didn't take any more to see them get any darker. My bfp at 11 dpo was so, so faint. Next time I' gonna take a bunch of tests just to see the lines show up!

FWIW, I had 19 ICs at the beginning of last cycle and I only have 8 left now. I'm not ordering more. It really didn't help my mental state having them. They were burning a hole in my drawer!!

#494 of 496 Old 07-05-2010, 10:45 AM

jozmom - Congrats on the BFP! That was quick!

AFM: I think I O'ed yesterday. My body has been trying to do it for a few days, but I think it finally did. I had EWCM for a few days, then it went away (probably due to stress) and then it came back. Last night it was more lotiony, so I am thinking today it should taper off. However, my routine with taking my temp really sucks because I didn't take it this morning or the past two mornings. So, hopefully tomorrow I will see my temp shift. I drank this weekend anyways, so I just figured I would skip.

I finished reading TCOYF and I feel like I have a greater knowledge of what I am doing. I also explained a lot to DP, which is neat, because now I feel like he understands me more. So, that's where I am right now.

Are we going to get a new thread?

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
#495 of 496 Old 07-05-2010, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Bad Morning. I'm on it... New thread should be up in a few minutes

#496 of 496 Old 07-05-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcrunchymama View Post
I drank this weekend anyways, so I just figured I would skip.
I wouldn't skip temping because of drinking the night before. The normal number of alcoholic drinks shouldn't make that much difference in your temps. If you drank a lot and weren't up for temping the next morning, no biggie, either. Missing one temp shouldn't make your chart uninterpretable. You can always make a note on your chart of the drinking so that, if things are confusing later, you can go back and change things. There's a box for drinking on FF.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page