The "Whatever" Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
I think the decision is frightening... There is a good chance I am pregnant this cycle and I'm having a very hard time reconciling my feelings. We had good reasons for waiting, my biological urges have been winning out in the past several months though. I think I will be both ecstatic and sad all at the same time.

Today is 11DPO, no temp dip yet... My LP is usually 12 days.
It really truly is a frightening thing! Both our DD's were results of 'whatevering' and this was our first fully planned baby. DH and I have actually decided to keep it quiet to the people we know IRL for a little while just to give us some time to come to grips with things, with our other two we told people right away.

lyterae, lookin' good!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#62 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 AM

lyterae, that chart does look promising, and scary, all at the same time! When I was doing FF, I waited until 12 DPO to test, b/c that is what the average seemed to be for a "good" test -

Do you know, in the UK and abroad they actually have conception indicator tests, that tell you pregnant or not, and how many weeks? (they count post O, so 1-2 up to 5-6) A friend sent one to me while we TTC DS. even though I knew! how far along we were, it was still fun. I wish we had them here. You can get them on ebay though.

I am CD 32 . . .which means nada. I am waiting until July to test, giving AF plenty of time to show up if she's gonna.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#63 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post
I've gone back and forth, and back and forth... and back and forth on whether this Que Sera approach is wise, or we should go back to avoiding. Two nights ago I told SO I wanted to wait a while longer before having a baby and then yesterday I was choking back tears all day, over the dumbest things!

GRRRR!!! I'm done thinking about this for today, I'm driving myself nuts! WhatEVER!!
Me toooooo!
This is exactly how I feel. You're not alone in this at all. It's such a huge life change, though, if we WEREN'T all over the place about it, I'd be more surprised!

Quote:
I think the decision is frightening... There is a good chance I am pregnant this cycle and I'm having a very hard time reconciling my feelings. We had good reasons for waiting, my biological urges have been winning out in the past several months though. I think I will be both ecstatic and sad all at the same time.

Today is 11DPO, no temp dip yet... My LP is usually 12 days.
Stalking you! I know there's that whole, "Omggg, what did we dooooo!?" But your chart looks awesome! Crossing my crossables for you!!

AFM - Apparently, I have the the willpower of a limp noodle when it comes to DH and sexy time. I feel like he's definitely taking risks when it comes to DTD unprotected, which is awesome b/c he knows that there's a chance we could conceive and is obviously ok with that, but really -- we're just having fun. I love it. I love that there's no pressure, that we're both just being frisky and not "worrying" about one thing or another either way. We shall see if my wiles work on him again in another day or so, but even if not, we're in a good place.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#64 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 AM

echo ~ OMG! I didn't realize you were pg and wondered why everyone was congratulating you. When I looked at the last chart you posted it showed that had showed. That must've been an old chart? Anyway, I thought you meant you had graduated to TTC not that you were pg. Sorry for not saying it before but, Congratulations!

lyterae ~ That looks so promising. I can't believe you haven't poas yet (not that I'm pushing ). Even with ds2 and ds3 that we very much planned and I wanted more than anything else in the world, I would periodically get that, "What did I do?!" feeling while pg. (Heck. If I'm going to be completely honest, I still get that sometimes now about all 3 of my children. )

akind1 ~ Do you know if you've Oed or are you not charting? If you aren't charting, how long are your cycles, usually?

I've seen those pg tests. We also have home gender tests. Do you have those where you are? I've heard they aren't very accurate. I wonder how accurate the tests that tell you how many weeks are? I assume it's based on how much hCG is in your system. If so, that's quite inaccurate because the amount of hCG produced at any given time varies so much for each pg and the amount in the urine or blood varies a lot for each woman.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#65 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
lyterae ~ That looks so promising. I can't believe you haven't poas yet (not that I'm pushing ). Even with ds2 and ds3 that we very much planned and I wanted more than anything else in the world, I would periodically get that, "What did I do?!" feeling while pg. (Heck. If I'm going to be completely honest, I still get that sometimes now about all 3 of my children. )
I don't think I can talk DH into splurging on a test until I'm officially "late". So if there is no temp dive tomorrow maybe I'll see if we can stop and get one after work.

I'm so glad to hear that the "OMG!" feeling is normal, I do want a baby. I've had baby fever since Becca hit about 18 months... It's just in the past year that every month has been a chore in regards to when it will be time. I partially feel guilty that I can't decide if I'm excited or not. This child would be at least partially planned (DH knew what he was getting into), as opposed to the total shock that B. was.

I really want to POAS.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#66 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
It really truly is a frightening thing! Both our DD's were results of 'whatevering' and this was our first fully planned baby. DH and I have actually decided to keep it quiet to the people we know IRL for a little while just to give us some time to come to grips with things, with our other two we told people right away.

lyterae, lookin' good!
Echo - when are you planning on telling the kids? Have you already? I'm torn between waiting until the first appointment to confirm.. I know that as soon as I tell B. (age 4) that the rest of the world will know. The process of announcing a pregnancy as parents already seems a bit more daunting than when we were expecting our first.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#67 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I don't think I can talk DH into splurging on a test until I'm officially "late".
$ Store hpts are only, well, a dollar. Not much of a splurge. They've always worked well for me. Those are the ones I get the earliest BFPs on, as a matter of fact, even earlier than FRER and Answer Early.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#68 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
$ Store hpts are only, well, a dollar. Not much of a splurge. They've always worked well for me. Those are the ones I get the earliest BFPs on, as a matter of fact, even earlier than FRER and Answer Early.

I am "whatevering" crashing - cause I am a POASaholic

ALSO - most test come with two or three for almost the same price as one..........just sayin..........

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#69 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 01:37 PM

Well . . . I have had only one cycle I can measure the length of, the last one, and it was 46 days. pre-baby, they were 30-35 days ish. O between days 17 and 22. I know how long my LP is so once I know that I've O'd, I can predict AF, I knew when the first PP AF was coming, because I saw the ovulation signs, and finally the 2nd (1st was 4 months PP, the 2nd at almost 6 months PP). The past month has been hectic as all get out, and I've not been as good at checking my CM . . .so I have no idea when or if I O'd. that's why I am giving AF pleny of time to show up. That and it is easier not to stress that way. (Although I dreamt about a wedding last night, and DH's grandma swears this means a baby is on the way, she dreamt about a wedding the cycle we conceived DS)

as far as the $ store tests, they are pretty sensitive, I just hate to PIACup, then use a dropper. I prefer to POAS, the rare times I am willing to POAS. DH bought me a ton of internet cheapies (also PIAC versions) I might have used a handful of them. I didn't get a positive on them until after the digi, but then, I tried the digi first

My dad says I have to top how I announced my 1st pregnancy. Not sure how I am going to do that. part of it will depend on how long I could hold out. I think, with the 2nd pregnancy, I could hold out longer. Echo, have you any ideas? Lyterae, just in case? any ideas?

I have thought about posting a pic of DS in a "big brother" shirt on FB and see how long it takes everyone to "get" it. Or maybe something not so subtle . . .

Lyterae, looking forward to seeing tomorrow's temp!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#70 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
Well . . . I have had only one cycle I can measure the length of, the last one, and it was 46 days. pre-baby, they were 30-35 days ish. O between days 17 and 22. I know how long my LP is so once I know that I've O'd, I can predict AF, I knew when the first PP AF was coming, because I saw the ovulation signs, and finally the 2nd (1st was 4 months PP, the 2nd at almost 6 months PP). The past month has been hectic as all get out, and I've not been as good at checking my CM . . .so I have no idea when or if I O'd. that's why I am giving AF pleny of time to show up. That and it is easier not to stress that way. (Although I dreamt about a wedding last night, and DH's grandma swears this means a baby is on the way, she dreamt about a wedding the cycle we conceived DS)

as far as the $ store tests, they are pretty sensitive, I just hate to PIACup, then use a dropper. I prefer to POAS, the rare times I am willing to POAS. DH bought me a ton of internet cheapies (also PIAC versions) I might have used a handful of them. I didn't get a positive on them until after the digi, but then, I tried the digi first

My dad says I have to top how I announced my 1st pregnancy. Not sure how I am going to do that. part of it will depend on how long I could hold out. I think, with the 2nd pregnancy, I could hold out longer. Echo, have you any ideas? Lyterae, just in case? any ideas?

I have thought about posting a pic of DS in a "big brother" shirt on FB and see how long it takes everyone to "get" it. Or maybe something not so subtle . . .

How did you announce the first one? I haven't decided what to do yet... Partially because B. has been asking and praying for a little brother or little sister for almost an entire year now. I would feel kinda bad holding out on her.

#71 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post

I am "whatevering" crashing - cause I am a POASaholic

ALSO - most test come with two or three for almost the same price as one..........just sayin..........
I'm planning on bringing it up with DH this afternoon... I'm not sure I can hold out much longer, also I can use the flexible spending account to buy them...

#72 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

The one I took last time was a dollarstore test, and I agree. Everywhere I've read says they're accurate, but I didn't enjoy the peeing in a cup thing. Possibly TMI, but I was totally trying to figure out if I could catch some with the dropper while I was going. I decided not to chance it. I have one more of these left, and I will probably buy more of them when/if I need, but I see the desire for 'real' ones.

We've talked over the years about exciting ways to tell people. The only one I know for sure is my mom. She smokes and she's always said she would stop 'before she had grandkids' because we've made it clear that we won't bring a baby into her house at present. So I want to find a good stop smoking BOOK, and sign it from the baby.

Everyone else, including DH... I'm not sure. We've got a teeny dog, so I looked into getting him a big brother shirt, since he's our baby, and then taking photos and sending them. When I was lurking in a DDC months back, I loved the idea for a halloween baby of slipping it in as a "I know what I'm going to be for halloween this year...." But alas, that doesn't work so well when the baby isn't born in October.

I want really good ideas, but can never seem to come up with them!

Lyterae: The chart is looking so good, I'll definately say by now, i would be having trouble holding off, and I feel like I want to wait until the very end obviously, so I don't POAS and get my hopes crushed.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#73 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
When my cousin announced that she was pregnant, she bought her dad a card that said "grandpa" on the front... I can't remember what occasion it was (Easter?) but you can get cards 'to' anyone for all occasions... anyway, he looked at the cover and started reading the card before it dawned on him... wait a minute here.... GRANDPA?!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#74 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I have had only one cycle I can measure the length of, the last one, and it was 46 days. pre-baby, they were 30-35 days ish.
Oh, I wouldn't worry about anything at this point then. 32 days isn't outside of your range of normal, and since it's only your 2nd PP cycle (?), it may be longer.

I prefer peeing in a cup to poas because I always get pee all over my hand when I do that. I'm also always afraid I won't get enough on the stick if I go directly on it. At least I know with the dropper that I got the right amount.

With ds3, we were waiting until we hit the 12w mark to tell anyone because of my history of RPL. I emailed a pic of us before going to the Marine Corps Ball when I was about 2 months. I was wearing a black dress and didn't think anyone would be able to see anything. I got an email back from my dh's grandfather's wife (stepgrandmother) asking if I was pg again. So much for not telling for a while. I don't do anything exciting or special to announce a pg. I just tell people, "Guess what. I'm pg!"

#75 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I just hate to PIACup, then use a dropper. I prefer to POAS, the rare times I am willing to POAS. DH bought me a ton of internet cheapies (also PIAC versions) I might have used a handful of them. I didn't get a positive on them until after the digi, but then, I tried the digi first
I so prefer PIAC! I actual PIAC instead of POAS. I just feel more in control of the whole situation. I feel like it's more "accurate" to actually hold the test in the pee for 5 seconds or however long the brand says to.

lyterae - I'm dying to see your temp tmw and if you test! <3

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#76 of 496 Old 06-13-2010, 11:09 PM

I know, that's why I am not worried yet, and will wait a few more weeks. LOL

For my mom: her birthday was about 10 days after we found out. I had bought her some new kitchen towels and kitchen stuff (they were in the process of remodeling their kitchen) I took a towel I had at home that kind of matched and had seen little to no use, and painted on it : Happy birthday Grandma Debbie November 2009. this was just mixed in with all of the other stuff in the gift bag. When she got to it, she looked up and said, "who's Grandma?" and totally didn't get it for a minute or two. then she did, and it was awesome!

for my IL's, we had bought a couple of baby picture frames and I think an "I love Nana" bib, and gave them to her, she looked at them, said oh, that's nice . . .and was about to put them away, and then, she's like, are you trying to tell me something?? and we were like, "duh" and she cried and was so excited and called everybody she knew right then. more awesomeness.

So I don't know what we'll do for the next one.

LOL at peeing on your hand! I am more likely to do that trying to PIAC! one time I had to PIAC for the midwife, and well, I accidentally dropped the cup in the toilet . . .and well, couldn't eek out but just a couple more drops! they wondered what was taking me so long! I was so embarassed!

Lyterae will be chart stalking first thing in the morning - I am excited for you!

#77 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
OKay, now I NEED to get pregnant ASAP so I'll have a good excuse not to go on that roller coaster again ...rough day at the amusement park today!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#78 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
echo ~ OMG! I didn't realize you were pg and wondered why everyone was congratulating you. When I looked at the last chart you posted it showed that had showed. That must've been an old chart? Anyway, I thought you meant you had graduated to TTC not that you were pg. Sorry for not saying it before but, Congratulations!

THanks MW! That's okay it happened so fast in May we decided to TTC and in June we were pg!

DDs X & A were both "whatevering" babies so having actually planned really gave us that "WHAT did we DO!?" feeling at first. This time DH and I are actually keeping it to ourselves for just a little while which we never did with the others.

Lyterae- I told my 2.5 year old alone in the bath the other night because I just HAD to tell someone but we haven't told our 5 year old because she probably wouldn't keep it quiet and we're not quite sure when we're going to tell.

The thing about all the Grandma/Grandpa Auntie things is that only works for #1 THis time for hubby I made bbq baby back ribs, had steamed baby carrots and petite peas, a baby spinach salad with grape tomatoes and tried to make some buns but didn't have enough time for the bread to rise Seeing as we eat beans and rice 70% of the time I figured he'd think something was up but he didn't... so after I pointed it out to him the poor guy looked so pale and shocked (uummm, we WERE trying remember) and went to lay down on the floor from the table- no kidding. I guess that was right after the "Are you sure?" to which I placed a FRER with a nice super dark line on the table in front of him. After a few minutes of trying to comfort him he grinned super huge and said "well, it will be nice to carry around a little one in a pouch again"

Quote:

that's why I'm stalking this thread so early, oh and I get up insanely early these days and do some yoga mama after catching up on MDC

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#79 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 09:36 AM

No testing today, my temp is down a bit today... Not as low as I would expect it if AF were coming, but still a bit disheartening nonetheless.

#80 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 10:24 AM

hmm. well, keep us posted. I think the good thing about a "possible" pregnancy when you are "whatever"ing is it helps clarify your feelings about it. Like, are they "OMG, this is so nuts and I am totally freaked out and upset" or "OMG, I am so excited and can't wait! to meet this new LO" or somewhere in between.

I am closer to the excited than the upset, at the moment, but then, I am not preggo yet. I am beginning to think that this cycle will be like my last one, and that I am gearing up to O and haven't already - had some sharp twinges, and the CM is getting watery (again, it had done some weird things this month, creamy, watery, sticky, in no particular order, with no discernable EWCM)

maybe I should go back to temping . . . .but then again, maybe not.

Lyterae, you never know, today could just be a blip, and back up tomorrow!

#81 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 10:38 AM

Mummoth -
I love rollercoasters but have become a wuss over the past few years. We are going to Hershey Park in July and I do want to ride the rides...But I'm scared and would love an excuse not to, as well!

lyterae - It's not over till the fat lady sings! I have to say, I was expecting your temp to either drop a lot or stay the same -- but of course it has to be completely unclear and cause all sorts of frustrating emotions. Remember. Take a big deep breath and say, "WHATEVER!"

I think if I PIAC this cycle and it's a BFP, I'm keeping it to myself for a little while. Just me. Maybe a week or something. I want to enjoy it a little before my DH assumes the fetal position on the floor (ahem, echo) which I know he will. I know he'll be ok once he takes it in, but until then it's going to be a little bit of a shock. Even though he KNOWS the risks of the tomfoolery right now, he would still be a little if it happened so quickly. I wouldn't though. I'd feel !!

We spent the day in NYC yesterday for our anniversary (12 years) and had the most amazing day. After DD went to bed at night, and we totally threw caution to the wind. DH didn't even ask if it was safe, lol, we just went for it. Squee! I know it's still a long shot but of course with whatevering, it just is what it is. I'm not invested in anything...

Oh - For DD we bought DH's parents Grandma and Grandpa to "bee" shirts from cafepress, they had little bees on them. It was a great reveal, and we waited till 9 weeks. This time, I'm thinking, no huge announcement w/the whole family gathered. I think I'll just ask MIL how she would feel about watching 2 kids next spring on Fridays (right now she just watches DD when I work). I think that would be a great way to tell her and then she can share w/everyone else.

But...I've got no idea how I want to tell DH! Time to brainstorm!

#82 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
lyterae - It's not over till the fat lady sings! I have to say, I was expecting your temp to either drop a lot or stay the same -- but of course it has to be completely unclear and cause all sorts of frustrating emotions. Remember. Take a big deep breath and say, "WHATEVER!"
Me too! I did check my last pregnancy chart and I had a similiar temp drop at 12DPO and then it went up again at 13DPO. I don't know, it's hard not to obsess at this point in time. I just want to go home and go back to bed.

#83 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 10:58 AM

echo ~ I didn't even know you were TTC last month. I must've been really out of it. That's probably why your dh reacted the way he did. Didn't expect it to happen so quickly.

Quote:
Me too! I did check my last pregnancy chart and I had a similiar temp drop at 12DPO and then it went up again at 13DPO. I don't know, it's hard not to obsess at this point in time. I just want to go home and go back to bed.
That temp is still very high, still in the triphasic range. I wouldn't even consider that a temp drop.

I went to bed last night thinking there's no way I could handle another baby and then started imagining what it would be like to adopt a 2-3 year old girl in a couple of years. My dh should be home in 4 weeks.

#84 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I feel like he's definitely taking risks when it comes to DTD unprotected, which is awesome b/c he knows that there's a chance we could conceive and is obviously ok with that, but really -- we're just having fun. I love it. I love that there's no pressure, that we're both just being frisky and not "worrying" about one thing or another either way. We shall see if my wiles work on him again in another day or so, but even if not, we're in a good place.
Sometimes I feel like this is how my DH is, since WD is our only method of BC right now, but other times it's hard to tell. At the same time, we are getting back to a place where we are having more fun and being friskier. My libido suffered a lot from 13+ years on the pill and some significant weight gain over the last 5 year (although I'm down 28 pounds from last summer.)

Quote:
I think if I PIAC this cycle and it's a BFP, I'm keeping it to myself for a little while. Just me. Maybe a week or something. I want to enjoy it a little before my DH assumes the fetal position on the floor (ahem, echo) which I know he will. I know he'll be ok once he takes it in, but until then it's going to be a little bit of a shock. Even though he KNOWS the risks of the tomfoolery right now, he would still be a little if it happened so quickly. I wouldn't though. I'd feel !!

But...I've got no idea how I want to tell DH! Time to brainstorm!
I do like the idea of having a little time of just you knowing. And my DH would definitely be in the fetal position for a bit! LOL!

Even though we aren't actually trying yet, I think I already know how I would tell DH. It would be the same way he surprised me when he proposed, but with a BFP (digital, so no explanations would be needed, LOL)

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
#85 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:

That temp is still very high, still in the triphasic range. I wouldn't even consider that a temp drop.

I went to bed last night thinking there's no way I could handle another baby and then started imagining what it would be like to adopt a 2-3 year old girl in a couple of years. My dh should be home in 4 weeks.

thank you MW.

We've also talked about adopting, we had actually planned to start our licensing process for foster care this summer. I'm not sure what the plan is now though..

How long is your DH home for?

#86 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
We've also talked about adopting, we had actually planned to start our licensing process for foster care this summer. I'm not sure what the plan is now though..

How long is your DH home for?
The last time I talked seriously to dh about adopting (which was several years ago) he was absolutely opposed to it. I don't know why but he was adamant. I have brought up foster care a few times and he just sort of groans. If we ever decide to adopt, I want to do foster-adopt because that seems to be where there's more need.

I would really like to do foster care whether we ever adopt or not but I'm waiting until my youngest is a bit older. I had some experience with that when I provided emergency kinship care for a family in my dh's unit when the mother got arrested and the father was deployed. That was a bit crazy because I'm not a registered foster parent. I've never been through any training for that and it was a very sensitive situation.

I have no idea how long my dh will be home this time. It all depends on what his next unit is doing and I can't get any info on that. He should be home for at least a month since he's officially doing a PCS move and gets to take extra leave.

#87 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 01:58 PM

MW - are you actually moving? I am a Marine Corps kid, and we were stationed, well, in eastern NC for 12 years or so. they just kept moving dad to different units. Then Okinawa for 4 years. Hopefully he can be back for a good amount of time. Adopting would be tough, but I knew some great foster parents when I lived there. My parents went to some sort of intro-seminar, but I think decided not to foster after that (I was pretty young then, and my memory is fuzzy)

I wouldn't mind adopting, but I have the feeling that DH isn't too keen on the idea either.

Lyterae, keep breathing and "whatever"ing. My mantra is what will be, will be, and whether you test tomorrow or next week, the answer has already been determined, iykwim?

I'd like to keep a positive test to myself for a bit, but don't know if I can! I think I would tell my internet buddies though. . .which might leak it to DH, because sometimes he reads here too.

I love rollercoasters! I don't know when I'll have to opportunity to go again, but there is a new one at Carowinds this summer . . .

#88 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
MW - are you actually moving?
As of right now it looks like my dh should be able to just move to a different unit here at Camp LeJeune. That will give us 3 more years here and then we'll probably move somewhere else. The only reason we want to stay here is because we bought a house 3 years ago and the market is so bad right now we don't want to try to sell it. He hasn't gotten anything in writing yet, though, so things could change. ATM, he's in Oklahoma doing a career course. Since the course is over 20w long it's considered a PCS move. So, according to the Marine Corps, he PCSed to OK and will PCS back here when he's done there. We did not go with him to OK because it was silly to move the whole family and try to do something with our house just to move back in 6 months.

#89 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 03:01 PM

Can I join this thread??? Pretty please

Here is my background story...

I am 24. I have one DD that's 2. My boyfriend has a DS that's 6, almost 7. We both want at least one child together. I have been ready for the last 1.5 years, but he wants to wait. I am currently separated from my ex, but not fully divorced, even though we completely live our lives separate and apart since we have been this way for over 2 years. So, that's the main reason why DB wants to wait.

We currently use the WD method with condoms. We have a lot of "barely escaping" moments and I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten pregnant yet. He is a big "whatever happens, happens" fan. So, we are both not as careful about avoiding. Sometimes he won't even stop to WD, but mostly right after my AF and that's it. He thinks that point in my cycle is "safe". I tend to agree, because I don't even know if I ovulate.

I can't take birth control because of the side effects it causes for me. I have recently lost 10 pounds that put me back at my pre-pregnancy weight that I was when I got pregnant with DD. So, at this point, anything is possible.

Right now I am waiting on AF. It should be due around Thursday to Saturday. I have anywhere from 28-day-spot-on cycles to 34-day-we're-a-little-late cycles. The only reason I'm even here is because for the last 3-4 days I have had severe boob pain. It feels like my boobs are engorged. They are visibly larger. My DD has also been touching them more than normal and I wince every time she even grazes them. I have had slight cramping, but more of a tugging sensation where my uterus is located. So, looks like I'm playing the waiting game!

Whatever happens will happen, we will both be happy about it. But, one thing is for certain that my boobs haven't hurt this bad since I was pregnant with DD.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
#90 of 496 Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Hello Christie! Nice to see new people! I'm hoping we can keep tihs thread going for awhile, and so far it looks hopeful!

lyterae: I was thinking the same thing as MW- that the drop doesn't look all the low, and I wouldn't discount anything yet. And as someone else mentioned... this could really help to clarify both yours and DH's feelings on the thing. My DH was not on board for ttc anytime soon as early as april, and then we had a possible oops, and when I took a test and it was negative I could see his disappointment. Since then, he's totally gone lax about avoiding. I think he just needed to face the possibility to see that he really was ok with it happening if it happened. And so maybe if you don't get it this cycle (which I think is still possible btw...) it will at least help you guys to see how you would truly feel about a pregnancy at this point. *hugs* to you either way. This is the most stressful and emotional spot. Maybe plan something exciting and different tonight to keep your mind off of it?

You can add me to the list of people who would like to adopt, but whose DH's are not into it at all. He can never explain to me -why- but he's said he would not want to. I'm very interested in adopting or fostering after a few of our own. My mother was the type to constantly bring home 'strays', usually friends of my brothers and sisters with bad home lives, and have them live with us for a few months, and I think I've gotten the bug from her.

I got angry with DH last night because it's too early for O, so I wanted to initiate something that I -knew- in my head wasn't just for baby sakes... and when I came into the room to read for a bit and relax and left the hall light on, he got angry and told me I was keeping him awake. So I went and read myself to sleep on the living room couch. *hmph* That'll teach him! lol

Otherwise... I dunno. Days like today make me want to tear my hair out. The house is a -mess-, and I'm on a three day off stretch and get to spend the whole time cleaning. And then I think wait a minute, once we have kids, this is all I'll be doing, what am I getting myself into? I wish DH was more of a help, but then I feel like I don't want to ask for help, because then it questions the validity of my being a sahm, if I can't even keep the house clean... urg. I'm in one heck of a mood today Carry on with happy thoughts!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page