The "Whatever" Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2010, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did acupuncture for really bad cramps and infertility. It definitely helped with the cramps. They were noticeably diminished after just the first session and haven't come back nearly as bad even though I haven't had acupuncture in years. I think it helped with my fertility. I'd love to keep doing it but don't have the money or the time right now.

I see a counselor regularly, a woman. Right now I'm seeing a marriage and family therapist but I've seen licensed clinical social workers (LCSW) in the past. The person who helped me the most with my negative thinking was a LCSW. I think she did what is called cognitive behavioral therapy. Rather than getting into in-depth, long term psychoanalysis, she focused on changing the way I think in the moment. It has helped me immensely.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
I used to be afraid of needles, until my first (of 2) tattoos As for it hurting, usually not. There's often a little pinprick and then that's it; sometimes there is a little more than that, but it usually goes away quickly. There are some points that hurt more than others, but if they know you are afraid, they will work around that. I always leave there in such a state of relaxation and no stress; it's awesome!

I was in therapy/counseling after college when my boyfriend from college and I broke up (that I was living with, so it bordered on divorce since we had to split up everything, including friends) and then my mother died - both events within 3 months of each other. I found a family therapy practice that was on my insurance; I saw a woman who was awesome - she was actually a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) not a psychologist. They did have me see a Psychiatrist once (required by either the practice or the insurance, not sure which) but meds weren't ever even an option for me. He told me I was situationally depressed and that talking was all I needed. You could probably find something similar and it would probably be what you are looking for.

I think if I were to go see someone now it would need to be someone with experience in marriage counseling so that if/when DH needed to join me it would make more sense/be easier.
I have two tattoos, too. Don't ask me why I'm **** afraid of needles, though. I think I'm only afraid of the ones being in my skin for a long time.

I looked under my insurance (and it wasn't helpful) and saw something called a Licensed Professional Counselor. The only thing was it didn't have descriptions of what each person specialized in, so I need to do more research. Thanks for all of your help!

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
Old 06-15-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcrunchymama View Post
I looked under my insurance (and it wasn't helpful) and saw something called a Licensed Professional Counselor
My therapist is both a licensed MFT and PC. She said it's because different insurance companies require different certifications. BCBS requires the PC license and Tricare requires the MFT license.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 06-15-2010, 03:21 PM

I thought about acupuncture when TTC, but couldn't justify the expense. It is like $100 a session here, and not covered by insurance.

I am seriously considering going back to full fledged charting. I thought I liked the "mystery" of not knowing where I am, but I don't! This morning I had AF like cramps, and watery cm. I don't know what to make of that. It is like cd 33 I think. (which, again, means nothing, if you don't know if or when you O'd!)

DH likes knowing where I am in my cycle, but I have to tell him.

As for getting him to come to bed, what worked for a while was me asking, on my way to bed "you staying up, or coming to bed?" his response, if he was game, was "both" (haha - he thought it was funny)

We have never done w/d because of the messiness factor. and feels like a mood-killer. granted a towel would solve the messiness issue . . . I think for us, it is condoms or bust if we are avoiding.

I've thought about a tattoo, it is the permanence, rather than the needles, that concern me though. I've never been bothered by needles.

You know what is really a mood killer? this stinking heat! it is like 100 degrees already, and who wants to get hotter and sweatier? one of the rare times I am really in a "don't touch me" sort of mood . . .

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 06-15-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
This morning I had AF like cramps, and watery cm. I don't know what to make of that. It is like cd 33 I think. (which, again, means nothing, if you don't know if or when you O'd!)
Maybe it means is coming. It's not uncommmon to get fertile seeming CF right before .

Old 06-15-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I thought about acupuncture when TTC, but couldn't justify the expense. It is like $100 a session here, and not covered by insurance.
My friend is getting her Master's in Acupuncture and is in her clinic year; they have a student clinic where they are supervised in selecting points, etc. and it's only $55 a session. It takes a little longer than it might otherwise (1h45m instead of only 1h) but the savings is def. worth it!

Quote:
We have never done w/d because of the messiness factor. and feels like a mood-killer. granted a towel would solve the messiness issue . . . I think for us, it is condoms or bust if we are avoiding.
I guess the messiness never really bothered me, assuming it doesn't end up in places I'd rather it not (I'll just leave it at that...) For me, I guess one reason I prefer it is that it does leave open the possibility of him deciding not to WD (which I of course hope for!) Last week, he was (accidentally) a little "sloppy" about where things ended up, thus allowing a higher possibility of an oops. This is of course fine with me, and of course giving me something to obsess over (which I'm trying not to do). Of course, I can't confirm O this cycle since I don't temp (which I am debating starting, but in light of my "not going to obsess" theory right now I may stick to OPKs for now) so who knows...

Quote:
I've thought about a tattoo, it is the permanence, rather than the needles, that concern me though. I've never been bothered by needles.
I got my first when I was 18 and my second a year later. I don't regret either. I did pick designs and locations that could a) be easily hidden if I so desired and b) wouldn't ever be something I would look back on and think "what was I thinking?!"

Quote:
You know what is really a mood killer? this stinking heat! it is like 100 degrees already, and who wants to get hotter and sweatier? one of the rare times I am really in a "don't touch me" sort of mood . . .
Fans and A/C are the only things that make sure we have any sex during the summer!

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

We took our 'honeymoon' last year, and we ended up in a room in which the A/C barely barely worked. It was probably an average of 23-24 in there all day and all night. It was horrible. It was supposed to be this big romantic ocassion, and instead it was like "If you touch me, I'll kill you, I just got cooled down".

I have one tattoo, and I'll definately get more, but I promised myself I'd wait until after we had at least our first kid. Mine is the word 'fearless' in script on my lower back. It's been kind of a motto for a few years now, and I loved the connection to the 'fearlessness' pledge from the Joyful Heart Campaign. It's something that means a lot to me. I've seen people with some pretty meaningless tattoos (my sister, who is pretty much an atheist, has the chinese character for believe just inside her hipbone...), but I figure as long as it's something important to you- that's all that matters. I cherish mine, and they were worth the terror I felt at the needles. And as someone else mentioned, because it's somewhere I can cover up, that's good. I want my next one to be on my wrist I think... the word "Breathe", helpful in everyday life, and oh so applicable to birth, which is what will be my full time career after we start having children (as a doula).

In other news... the mess from withdrawal does suck... but I'd rather that (and like you guys said... the hope it brings...) over condoms. I really dislike them that much. It feels like such a teenage thing to say, but I feel like they really kill the mood, and I do notice a big lube difference, it's just not as comfortable. It's one of the reasons I love charting, because whichever method of avoiding we use, we don't have to use it all the time. What a relief!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 06-15-2010, 05:36 PM

yeah, it feels like to me, the witch is on her way. especially since I've been feeling kind of broody (as in, I think we should DTD, because it might be a week or so before we can, so we should get it on, just in case, yk?) the last few days.

I need to go back to charting next cycle, it is actually less stress, I think, because then I know where I am, and not guessing. I tried one of those fertile scope things when TTC. didn't like it all that much, tbh. who wants to squint in a microscope thingy first thing in the morning? temping at least is pretty straight forward.

I like the ideas of words - but I'd probably do characters also - it seems more artisitic or something, and keeps the slender ties I have to Japan. I do miss living on Okinawa sometimes. I miss the proximity to the beach. Funny about your sister having "believe" although I guess as an atheist, she does believe in no higher power. maybe it is a belief in a moral code or something. my sister got her tattoo at 18, a celtic sort of cross on her back. My mom now has 3, the first she got at 42 or so I think, the most recent this year, a hummingbird in memory of my grandmother. who passed away this year.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 06-15-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
We took our 'honeymoon' last year, and we ended up in a room in which the A/C barely barely worked. It was probably an average of 23-24 in there all day and all night. It was horrible. It was supposed to be this big romantic ocassion, and instead it was like "If you touch me, I'll kill you, I just got cooled down".
That's such a bummer! I remember barely wanting to DTD on our honeymoon, but I think it's more b/c of hormonal bc (the pill) than the heat.

I'm having trouble being zen these past few days! I'm just too excited at the possibility of being pg this cycle! I can't help it! Where's that "slap some sense into me" emoticon?!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-15-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
That's such a bummer! I remember barely wanting to DTD on our honeymoon, but I think it's more b/c of hormonal bc (the pill) than the heat.

I'm having trouble being zen these past few days! I'm just too excited at the possibility of being pg this cycle! I can't help it! Where's that "slap some sense into me" emoticon?!
I was thinking where is your chart so we can stalk it! If your temp continues to rise I would say either yesterday or today was O day.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 06-15-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Talking about honeymoon disasters, my back went out the day after we arrived at our destination. I was laid up in the bed unable to move for 3 days trying to decide if I should go to a hospital in a strange place. There was no hanky panky going on.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Talking about honeymoon disasters, my back went out the day after we arrived at our destination. I was laid up in the bed unable to move for 3 days trying to decide if I should go to a hospital in a strange place. There was no hanky panky going on.
ooooh Ouch. I think that does take the cake. At least we were able to enjoy the rest of our vacation. If I wasn't able to leave the room I would have died.

Babycakes- I hear you on the zen. I'm like that every cycle, when it's WAY too early for me to try to be interpreting anything really. I haven't o'ed yet, so I don't have anything to obsess about yet, but in the back of my mind I know I'm in my typical fertile zone now, and that makes me feel guilty for wanting to dtd now. lol. I did tell DH that according to the "rules" I'm safe, but according to day counting, I am not. He just shrugged. We'll see what happens.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 06-15-2010, 10:59 PM

I agree with the tattoo ideas, you need to get something you want and can live with. I have a celtic 4 leaf clover on my right foot. I share it with two other people, that unfortunately I'm not even really close with anymore, but I still love it and it is my favorite tattoo. I also have one on my right wrist that my sister designed. She incorporated our first initials into it. I like it, I just wish it was a tad smaller. The next one I want is words, but I am not sure what yet. I think about them a while before I get them. Gotta be 100% with my choice!

Do all of you that chart do it with your temp? Last time I used FF I just charted with my CM type and some other stuff. I know it is more accurate with the temp, tho, but I just wondered... I saw a basal thermometer at Target not too long ago, so I might go get one and just see where I stand. I haven't talked to DP yet about w/d. That is an after-sex topic. I feel weird bringing it up randomly. HAHA

Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I started charting this cycle and I temp.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Do all of you that chart do it with your temp? Last time I used FF I just charted with my CM type and some other stuff. I know it is more accurate with the temp, tho, but I just wondered...
I chart both. I really like being able to confirm that O happened. I tend to get sticky or even creamy CF when AF is on her way, which could be confusing if I went of CM alone.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-15-2010, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

I chart CF and temp... never really got the hang of CP, so i didn't bother.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Do all of you that chart do it with your temp?
I chart temp and CF, sometimes CP. I do it because my cycles are very irregular. If I didn't chart my temp, I'd never know when to expect .

Old 06-16-2010, 07:05 AM

Holy Temp Rise, Batman!

Now, let's see if I'm understanding this right. Assuming that I get the rest of the thermal shift to confirm O (nothing changed tonight to make me think this temp is inaccurate), then that means that I O'd within the last three days. I guess when based on my CF, which helps determine my peak day? Which would probably be CD14, as I had no fertile CF yesterday? Which would mean our whatevering timing was decent, and I'd have reason to actually pay attention during my LP?

I have three tattoos now. I love two of them, and like another. After we have our next baby, I want one more on my belly. I want a tree of life coming up out of my c-section scar.

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 AM

What is CP? Sorry, not up to date with acronyms. I haven't been a part of a mass message board in a long time.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:10 AM

I typed out a whole reply earlier and MDC ate it! It's not here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroto42 View Post
Holy Temp Rise, Batman!

Now, let's see if I'm understanding this right. Assuming that I get the rest of the thermal shift to confirm O (nothing changed tonight to make me think this temp is inaccurate), then that means that I O'd within the last three days. I guess when based on my CF, which helps determine my peak day? Which would probably be CD14, as I had no fertile CF yesterday? Which would mean our whatevering timing was decent, and I'd have reason to actually pay attention during my LP?

I have three tattoos now. I love two of them, and like another. After we have our next baby, I want one more on my belly. I want a tree of life coming up out of my c-section scar.
Whoa! Yep, you've got it right. Crossing my fingers for 2 more high temps for you!

AFM: I wish FF had a check box for bummed b/c that's totally how I feel today.

Boo.

I think I'm going to just throw myself into cleaning the house so that I feel like I'm working toward something and not just treading water! So annoyed!

Somebody send me some effin' zen!

BTW - I think that tattoo idea is beautiful!

LCM - CP is cervical position. You can also check this and chart it to confirm where you are in your cycle.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I think I'm going to just throw myself into cleaning the house so that I feel like I'm working toward something and not just treading water! So annoyed!

Turn on some music while you clean. That always brightens my mood, or at least makes cleaning a little more bearable.

Quote:
LCM - CP is cervical position. You can also check this and chart it to confirm where you are in your cycle.
I think I might stick with trying to temp. That sounds like a bit of a challenge! I know how to diagnose my CF, but I have NEVER felt my cervix before. I mean, when I was pregnant the doctor had a hard enough time reaching it...so I can see me now...

Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 AM

whoa, you guys are active! This stalking is taking so long I can hardly keep up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
This is one of the big bones of contention b/t me and DH, and one of his hangups on having any LOs. I can tolerate a good bit of clutter and chaos, but he really can't. We live in a smallish 2 BR condo and I have a lot of stuff. I've pretty much taken over the DR with my home business (I have a FT day job too) and the house is really just in need of de-cluttering. I really need to get on top of it so that I can get the go-ahead from DH...
I can be SOOOO liberating to get rid of clutter though!! I had some serious bouts this year after joining one of the threads over in decluttering and organizing sub forum here. I felt like I lost a monkey on my shoulder the day a lady from freecycle came by and picked up over 100 books! I am by nature a clutter bug but after having worked at getting things sparse I am always looking for opportunities to reduce and clear because the end result is so wonderful!

Quote:
echo ~ Yeah, I got a bit confused when you were asking when your O day was and then saying you had graduated and people congratulating you. I'm a bit slow but I do catch on eventually. I looked at your chart yesterday and was wondering if it's possible you Oed earlier, when you thought you did. Since temping is only accurate to within 3 days of O, it's certainly possible.
I didn't know that it was only accurate w/in three days of O, interesting. I still think I Oed earlier since I got such a super dark line when Ovusoft said I was only 7dpo I am guessing that O may have been a couple of days earlier... it'll be interesting to see what my m/w says when I show her my chart during my first prenatal next month. Between the info I have on the chart and her palpatating I think we'll come up with a fairly accurate edd.

Quote:
Well, I'm still having boob discomfort today. I can't even sleep on my stomach it hurts so bad. The cramps have gone away, though. I still have until the weekend before I will even think about testing. Yesterday when I picked up DD after work she stuck her hand down my shirt. DP laughed, but it just made me wonder. You think children can have a sixth sense when it comes to things changing with your body? She even told me she needed to sleep with me last night. My child NEVER acts like this!
I think children really do know things. DD commented on how much my tummy was growing a couple of days before I poas! Strange thing about the sore boobs that is usually my main early symptom, that and exhaustion (I've been really blessed to never have m/s) but nada in the breasts yet... kinda making me a little paranoid.

Quote:
we're really lucky to have this income contingent based place here, they don't even ask for proof you can just tell them you make under 30K and it's like $20 a visit! Maybe you can look for something like that.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 06-16-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroto42 View Post
Holy Temp Rise, Batman!

Woo! That is quite the temp rise. Two more high temps and you can confirm O. That would be good "whatevering" as you are within the ovulation -5 range.

I don't quite understand the peak day, as I'm pretty sure you would also need to be checking your cervix position to determine that.

Quote:
What is CP? Sorry, not up to date with acronyms. I haven't been a part of a mass message board in a long time.
Cervical Position, I think someone else may have already answered.

Quote:

AFM: I wish FF had a check box for bummed b/c that's totally how I feel today.

Boo.

I hope your day gets better.

Quote:

I think I might stick with trying to temp. That sounds like a bit of a challenge! I know how to diagnose my CF, but I have NEVER felt my cervix before. I mean, when I was pregnant the doctor had a hard enough time reaching it...so I can see me now...
I think temping is the easiest way to keep track of when you ovulated, I still haven't figured out all of the nuances associated with my cervix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
whoa, you guys are active! This stalking is taking so long I can hardly keep up

AFM: 14DPO, and my temp went up this morning (not much, but it did!).

I also got 5 free VIP days yesterday evening, I love VIP days.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post

Still up there though! Crossing my crossables for you!

UPDATE: I feel a little odd. So, DH was in the shower, and I sort of got in the shower w/him and w/o going into too much TMI...he said he was comfortable even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to O in the next few days or so! But now I'm thinking what if I get a super high temp the next few days and it puts my O at CD12? So I told him I was a little worried and he's all, don't worry - if you get PG its ok, we're being careful just not too careful. Ugh so can someone tell me why all of a sudden I feel sick? Nerves you think b/c I kinda pushed the whatevering into possible TTC category?

Honestly I think it's b/c I don't think he realizes just how potentialy fertile I am right now and I do. I want to just clear that air b/w us w/o scaring him shitless.

Oh - I don't check CP either! I only do temp and cm.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM

I've never been able to figure out CP; late in pregnancy, I could actually feel my cervix, so I knew it was low then. (short fingers trying to reach around huge belly). I am just never sure if I have reached it or not otherwise.

when TTC I did CM and temps. since having DS, just CM, but will go back to temping, whenever I have another cycle.

Lyterae, here's hoping!!!

Carrie, nervousness is completely normal! I normally get queasy between 10DPO and AF just at the possibility! LOL

I am now just twiddling my thumbs waiting for something to happen. anything, really.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
UPDATE: I feel a little odd. So, DH was in the shower, and I sort of got in the shower w/him and w/o going into too much TMI...he said he was comfortable even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to O in the next few days or so! But now I'm thinking what if I get a super high temp the next few days and it puts my O at CD12? So I told him I was a little worried and he's all, don't worry - if you get PG its ok, we're being careful just not too careful. Ugh so can someone tell me why all of a sudden I feel sick? Nerves you think b/c I kinda pushed the whatevering into possible TTC category?

Honestly I think it's b/c I don't think he realizes just how potentialy fertile I am right now and I do. I want to just clear that air b/w us w/o scaring him shitless.
I think you have been honest and I think that "whatevering" means going with the flow of things versus pushing for sex during ovulation time.

If you have been honest, then go with it. It is nerve wracking I agree though

Old 06-16-2010, 11:56 AM

kc ~ Your peak would be cd14. I think TAoNFP says O most often happens the day of and either the day before or the day after peak day. Now I can't remember if it's before or after. You could get pg with that timing since it's within 5 days of O.

I know this seems to be an area of confusion. It is for me, anyway. I can never keep straight if the fertile window is O-5 or O-6 or O-7. I read an article yesterday called The 5 Myths about Women's Bodies or something like that. One of the myths they listed was that a woman could not get pg from dtd during . I had to laugh at that because it wasn't really clear and I bet a bunch of women who read that are now going to freak out over it. Anyway, one thing it said was that sperm can live for 7 days inside a woman. So, is that O-7 or O-6? I think it would be O-6, right, because that's O day plus the 6 days before?

Baby ~ That doesn't sound like TTC to me. I think there's a fine line between TTC and whatevering when you chart, I think. Some people would say that any time anyone dtd without protection they are TTC since there's the potential of getting pg. I agree with lyterae that it's not TTC if you didn't push for sex just because you are potentially fertile right now. And, remember, even perfect timing doesn't guarantee a pg.

lyterae ~ I can't believe you're going to make use wait 2 more days just to confirm what we already know.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:57 AM

I was wrong. CD 35 today.

honesty is always best, and for me, whatevering means being OK with whatever (pregnant or not, sex during O time or not) although I can be dissapointed in lack of sex, regardless, I think! DH actually followed me to bed last night, but rather than seem like he wanted any, he just laid there. at least I got to cuddle a little, which I don't usually, because I am asleep when he comes to bed, and I am always up and out of bed before he is. oh well.

Oh, and I love VIP days! LOL I need to find my FF log in info again . . .or go back to iVillage. FF is easier to share though.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
BTW - I think that tattoo idea is beautiful!
Thanks. I still have some very upset feelings about the way Lucy was born; I've mostly stopped kicking myself around for it, but it's still problematic for me. I feel like this tattoo would be very healing. I think that when I get it done, I want some things "carved" into the trunk of the tree to represent Robb & I, and some things in the branches for my kids -- a little turtle for her, and something for the new baby, whenever we have it. and the roots buried deep in the scar tissue. A friend of mine has agreed to do the piece for me; just need to be done having kids now...

Quote:
I don't quite understand the peak day, as I'm pretty sure you would also need to be checking your cervix position to determine that.
<snip>
I never check my CP; it always feels the same to me.

I sent my sister a FF link in hopes that she would sign up and I would get some VIP days, but no luck so far. I was pretty darn blatant, but she's all "busy" planning a "wedding" and trying to get "knocked up" or something.

Dammit.

If we end up due at the same time, the entire rest of my family will be traumatized for months. It'll be AWESOME.

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

Old 06-16-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
I think children really do know things. DD commented on how much my tummy was growing a couple of days before I poas! Strange thing about the sore boobs that is usually my main early symptom, that and exhaustion (I've been really blessed to never have m/s) but nada in the breasts yet... kinda making me a little paranoid.
I haven't been pregnant in 3 years, so I have been trying to really think back to what my early symptoms were with DD. I only TTC for 4 months before getting a BFP. I charted the first 3 months and then the 4th month I stopped because I felt like I was thinking about it too much. So, I wasn't sure when I O'ed and, honestly, I don't even remember having sex with DH anytime around the time I would have O'ed. So, I wasn't aware of when my AF was really late, but I kept having minor AF-like cramps and I remember my boobs being sore. But, back then I didn't have a kid to rub on them or hit them and remind me exactly how sore they were. So, it is definitely a possible pregnancy symptom for me. Not every pregnancy has the same symptoms, tho. Which could be good and bad, depending on what you gain or lose.

Quote:
I think temping is the easiest way to keep track of when you ovulated, I still haven't figured out all of the nuances associated with my cervix.

I don't think I want to know everything about my cervix. I can tell when it is positioned high or low sometimes because DP will "hit" it when DTD. That ain"t comfy! I hope your temp stays up! I am so lost in the world of charting. GAAH!

Quote:

Oh - I don't check CP either! I only do temp and cm.
You can still have the "whatever" attitude. I have a feeling I'm going to feel the same way whenever DP tells me we can try for real. Maybe just because you are used to avoiding and so the real possibility of actually trying has never had a chance to set in. And you were completely honest with him, so you can't be nervous for "cheating" him out of information. Just go with the flow.

Quote:
I know this seems to be an area of confusion. It is for me, anyway. I can never keep straight if the fertile window is O-5 or O-6 or O-7. I read an article yesterday called The 5 Myths about Women's Bodies or something like that. One of the myths they listed was that a woman could not get pg from dtd during . I had to laugh at that because it wasn't really clear and I bet a bunch of women who read that are now going to freak out over it. Anyway, one thing it said was that sperm can live for 7 days inside a woman. So, is that O-7 or O-6? I think it would be O-6, right, because that's O day plus the 6 days before?
SPERM CAN LIVE FOR 6 DAYS!?!?! I am really out of the loop with this... So, that means the days we do go without w/d and without condoms can still turn into viable pregnancies. Ok, I have to admit, knowing my *new* odds, that is a little scary. My boobs are really showing me signs of possibilities now. How crazy! Learn something new everyday...

User Tag List