The "Whatever" Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I'm not any help to this thread either. I woke up when my alarm went off this morning and just kind of laid there thinking about my one lonely test I have left from a previous month, and I felt slight cramping, so I figured I wouldn't "waste" my test this morning. So, I'm still waiting. I have two tests, but one of them is at DP's house, so I would rather wait and use the one I have at my house. I'm rambling, so I hope you got all that.

But, still no AF. My boobs aren't as sore as they were a few days ago. Now just my nipples are sore. Besides feeling really exhausted and heavy yesterday, today I feel pretty normal. We'll see what happens. I'm not a real crazy poas addict, as you can tell.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
#182 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
hahaha It's funny how invested we all are in this. But you're right Annie-- it's so less stressful when it's not you. The problem is we need more people in her stage, so that lyterae has someone else to freak out about. Now who's volunteering?
I think I might have to raise my hand on this one! Though, by the time I'm testing, lyterae will be well into the Feb DDC!

Regardless of our reckless escapade yesterday morning, I think I did O early (we shall see in a few days) so we weren't even safe when we thought we were. Well, I say safe verrrrry loosely. Not safe at ALL for CTA but this isn't CTA - and as MW said, we can do this however we want!

Anyway, so my temp this am isn't very high, but it's on the rise, so I'm thinking 2 more high temps and FF should be putting my O date in at either CD11, 12 or 13 (prob 12? Any chart experts want to wager a guess?) which is WAY early compared to my CD16, CD15 O dates.

Another reason to wait at LEAST 3 cycles, ladies, before trusting any type of pattern on your chart!

My chart!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#183 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcrunchymama View Post
I think I am going to test in the morning. I will be on CD 27, so that puts me anywhere from 11-14 DPO. That's pretty good for an accurate result. I figure if I am pregnant then I will let DP know on Father's Day. If I can contain it for that long.
Looking forward to it! Though as I went through to catch up, it looks like maybe not testing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post
Finally read the entire thread and I definitely belong here!
I feel right at home.

I'll post more after I get the kiddos to bed.
Welome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilary549 View Post
I just had to read all nine pages of this and STILL don't know if lyterae is preg! sigh.
LOL - Welcome Hilary! Unfortunately no "concrete" news if you are looking for lines on a stick. I'm not testing until tomorrow night or Saturday morning.

Do you all think I could POAS after work tomorrow or should I wait until Saturday morning? I know that FMU is supposed to be best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
I KNOW!!! That is why I keep reading this thread..........I totally enjoy all the POAS action without all the hyperventilating that goes into it when I POAS

I just have to say lyterae - if I knew you IRL, I would be knocking on your door with a freaking stick to pee on already!
I have to say that I am so glad for you bunch of ladies, I don't have anyone IRL that I've talked to about this. I'm glad to have others obsessing with me

Quote:
hahaha It's funny how invested we all are in this. But you're right Annie-- it's so less stressful when it's not you. The problem is we need more people in her stage, so that lyterae has someone else to freak out about. Now who's volunteering?
Someone else does need to join in the party, or else I gues we're all taking turns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Wow, I can NOT keep up with this thread, but good luck to those who are testing! Whichever way you are currently wanting it to go....la la la.

I'm moving tomorrow so not much whatevering of any kind going on. I think DH and I will have to have a talk about it once we get settled in the new place, and decide if we're still avoiding...or whatevering...or what.
Good luck with the move! Is it a long distance move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I think I might have to raise my hand on this one! Though, by the time I'm testing, lyterae will be well into the Feb DDC!

Regardless of our reckless escapade yesterday morning, I think I did O early (we shall see in a few days) so we weren't even safe when we thought we were. Well, I say safe verrrrry loosely. Not safe at ALL for CTA but this isn't CTA - and as MW said, we can do this however we want!

Anyway, so my temp this am isn't very high, but it's on the rise, so I'm thinking 2 more high temps and FF should be putting my O date in at either CD11, 12 or 13 (prob 12? Any chart experts want to wager a guess?) which is WAY early compared to my CD16, CD15 O dates.

Another reason to wait at LEAST 3 cycles, ladies, before trusting any type of pattern on your chart!

My chart!
Based on CM I would say it's going to be CD 11 or CD12, any idea which day your cervix started to close up? Based on the rising temps I would say ovulation has definitely occurred.

Almost forgot, my chart today

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#184 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Do you all think I could POAS after work tomorrow or should I wait until Saturday morning? I know that FMU is supposed to be best...

Based on CM I would say it's going to be CD 11 or CD12, any idea which day your cervix started to close up? Based on the rising temps I would say ovulation has definitely occurred.
I vote wait! I know, me, telling someone to wait to POAS? WTF? But honestly, if you use late day pee and it's a BFN you are just going to test again Sat morning with FMU anyway, so I would save yourself that chance of heartache and test on Sat.

But I don't know if even I could follow that advice! Let us know what you do!

And thanks for looking at my chart. I'm not sure when it closed up b/c I totally didn't check this cycle. I've just been a little flippant about everything I guess!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#185 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Looking forward to it! Though as I went through to catch up, it looks like maybe not testing today?
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't test today. How about we test Saturday together? That's the last possible day I could test if I wanted to surprise DP on Father's Day. Well, last possible day that I could poas alone without him breathing down my back.

I went ahead and made a FF chart, but it's not worth sharing for this cycle.

#186 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 10:44 AM

lyterae ~ Once is late, you should be able to poas any time and get a bfp.

Baby ~ If your temps stays above 97.2 for 2 more days, your crosshairs will be pinned to cd13. Do you not know how to draw a CL?

stephandowen ~ Whether or not guzzling a glass of water right before POAS depends on how far along you are. If is late, it shouldn't make a difference. However, if you don't know when you Oed (if you even did) and you're not sure that is late, it could make a difference.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#187 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't test today. How about we test Saturday together? That's the last possible day I could test if I wanted to surprise DP on Father's Day. Well, last possible day that I could poas alone without him breathing down my back.

I went ahead and made a FF chart, but it's not worth sharing for this cycle.
It's a date

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#188 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
It's a date
Sweet! Last month when I POAS, it was in the bathroom of a Ruby Tuesdays with a friend. She just found out that she is pregnant and she is dying for me to be pregnant with her. The whole reason I bring that up is because this time my bathroom sounds much more appealing!

#189 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Baby ~ If your temps stays above 97.2 for 2 more days, your crosshairs will be pinned to cd13. Do you not know how to draw a CL?
No, you're right, I know how to do it and I know that's what it's going to say. I just don't want it to say that and was hoping maybe somebody would tell me it would be on 11 or 12 b/c that would make me happier.

I know, I'm nuts.

#190 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
No, you're right, I know how to do it and I know that's what it's going to say. I just don't want it to say that and was hoping maybe somebody would tell me it would be on 11 or 12 b/c that would make me happier.

I know, I'm nuts.
Even if it is CD13 that would put you with a BD at 0-3 and 0-4, still good odds!

#191 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

I could be wrong, MW is much more experienced at this than I am, but while I think it will draw your CL on day 13, I think it looks very possible that you o'ed on day 11 or 12. Remember the whole three days to temp shift thing, and your temp was rising from cd 11. It's just that you can't technically draw a CL until cd13 because your temps before that were fairly high. So don't give up hope! And besides... if it's CD 12, then you technically have 3 BD in the window...

Guys!!! I open this saturday morning at work. That means I'm going to have to wonder ALLLLL day long what happened. lol Although with you lyterae... it's not much wonder. And for the record, I'm sure it would show up at night because you're 15-16dpo, not like 8dpo.

stephandowen-- LOL When I tested, I reallllly wanted to test at night, not have to wait until morning, so at about 2pm I made the decision not to go to the bathroom or drink any more liquids until I went to bed... I ended up holding it until like midnight, and figured that should be good enough. It was a legitimate neg anyways, but I was slightly laughing at myself, trying anything I could to make it more concentrated and accurate.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#192 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:

Guys!!! I open this saturday morning at work. That means I'm going to have to wonder ALLLLL day long what happened. lol Although with you lyterae... it's not much wonder. And for the record, I'm sure it would show up at night because you're 15-16dpo, not like 8dpo. .
So... maybe I should test on Friday night AND on Saturday morning?
I'm not sure I'll be able to wait once I actually have tests available to pee on. That and DH finally looked at my chart and said "oh..."

#193 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

o kcroto- I had your chart open still and then forgot who's I was looking at. If the two open circle temps are late, then as long as your temps don't drop much more, you should be able to 'confirm' o. I would wait a few days and see what your temp does, but you can always adjust them a half hour so that FF will give the CH.... but of course that's all dependant on the temps going back up.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#194 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:

I know, I'm nuts.
Oh, ok. Why do you want ot to be b efore cd13? I don't think that would change things much either way. With a cd13 O, you've got BD at O-4, O-3 and O. That's very good for pg achievement. If you Oed cd11 or 12, you've still got very good BD timing since that would put it at O-1 and O-2 or O-2 and O-3. I don't think changing the O day among those 3 will make any significant difference in your chances of getting pg.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#195 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I could be wrong, MW is much more experienced at this than I am, but while I think it will draw your CL on day 13, I think it looks very possible that you o'ed on day 11 or 12. Remember the whole three days to temp shift thing, and your temp was rising from cd 11. It's just that you can't technically draw a CL until cd13 because your temps before that were fairly high. So don't give up hope! And besides... if it's CD 12, then you technically have 3 BD in the window...
I haven't given up hope for a possible pg, not at all. Just the opposite! I think we pushed it this cycle. I didn't think I'd O early (err, earlier than CD14 at least).

I'm just getting ahead of myself, though. I don't have to worry about anything just yet! Just nervous about what DH's reaction will be if it's a BFP.

Quote:
That and DH finally looked at my chart and said "oh..."
That's cute!
I mean, if you test on Fri night, you might not even have to test on Saturday. I'm just saying...

#196 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I mean, if you test on Fri night, you might not even have to test on Saturday. I'm just saying...

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
#197 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 02:04 PM

look at at the POAS happy ones! I love to push POAS for others, but I am a pansy myself! LOL Lyterae, do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Maybe we should all POAS saturday! we'll have a party! - cd 36 for me today . . . just keeping count.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#198 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 02:42 PM

WHOO HOO! POAS Party!

Katrina - Are you going to POAS, too? Are you that many DPO, or are your cycles long?

#199 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Eek! Saturday?! I'm going to my parent's cabin for the weekend on Friday night, there's no internet up there!! I'm going to be dying of curiosity by the time we get back! Good luck to you both!

I have a question for everyone... who in your life knows you're 'whatevering' and what are your thoughts on sharing that information? It seems like everyone in my family tells when they start trying. Neither of my previous pregnancies were a big shocker to anyone. I did the big "I am D. O. N. E. done!!" speech after my daughter was born, but I was with my ex then. I doubt anyone would be super-surprised for us to have a baby now. SO is a great dad to the kids, and doesn't have biological kids... he says he finally has the family he always wanted. My sisters always teased that I would be the one to have a whole pack of kids!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#200 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post
I have a question for everyone... who in your life knows you're 'whatevering' and what are your thoughts on sharing that information? It seems like everyone in my family tells when they start trying. Neither of my previous pregnancies were a big shocker to anyone. I did the big "I am D. O. N. E. done!!" speech after my daughter was born, but I was with my ex then. I doubt anyone would be super-surprised for us to have a baby now. SO is a great dad to the kids, and doesn't have biological kids... he says he finally has the family he always wanted. My sisters always teased that I would be the one to have a whole pack of kids!
In our family it's never announced until anyone is actually pregnant.. We get asked A LOT when/if we are planning on more (we are the youngest married couple in the immediate family). We generally just tell them that it's not time yet...

#201 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 05:39 PM

No, I don't plan on POAS; my cycles since coming off the shot pre-baby were always wonky, and since DS, have only had one to measure the length of. My LP is pretty standard, so if I knew when or if I'd O'd, I could tell you if I was "late". but, alas, this is the one time I have no clue.

As far as the whatevering . . .I haven't said that in so many words, no. We have told family that we wouldn't mind getting pregnant right now, and we want the kids kind of close in age. And for those who ask, we tell them we aren't doing hormonal bc ever EVER again. So I think everyone feels it is pretty much just a matter of time. I don't plan on announcing a pregnancy super early, like with DS though.

My family and his did know we were TTC with him though, but I think that may be more typical with your first.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#202 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I have a question for everyone... who in your life knows you're 'whatevering' and what are your thoughts on sharing that information?
My best friend knows everything and stalks my chart. Other than that, nobody. I think I mentioned at work once in passing that we weren't trying but we weren't not trying, but it wasn't a big deal and hasn't been brought up again.

IMO, sharing this kind of stuff makes people really excited for you and makes them nosey. So if you're stuck in a 2ww and don't really want to talk about it, you might be SOL if lots of ppl know. My best friend actually just texted me (she's 3DPO) and said her MIL is asking her if she's pg yet. That's the kind of attn I personally don't want right now! I'm kind of quietly brooding and sharing all the dirty deets w/you guys online!

I'm still having lots of sharp O pains so I don't know what's up.

#203 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 10:11 PM

No one knows we are "whatevering", or whatever it is we are calling it. If you asked DP, it would be "sex" and that's it. He doesn't know I am talking to you all. Not that I am trying to go behind his back, because he knows I want a baby and he wants one, too. I just have a feeling that he is never going to officially tell me that we can try for real. So, I am just doing whatever. No one will know until it happens.

I have been almost in tears a lot throughout today. Every little thing makes me want to cry. And I am irritable. I feel like I have PMS. Ugh.

#204 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I have been almost in tears a lot throughout today. Every little thing makes me want to cry. And I am irritable. I feel like I have PMS. Ugh.
I get like that most around ovulation time, I hope you feel better soon.

#205 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:

We're here for you! It's hard not talking about this stuff IRL, I think. It's a lot of weight on our shoulders. PMS or O, it's hormonal and emotional. Sometimes, for me, a good cry really does help reset things. Be gentle with yourself, sweetie.

I'm bored and agonizing over everything. Every twinge, every temp, every OMG. I have highs and lows. I need some zen sent my way. At least tmw I work and that should take my mind off things!!

#206 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 11:15 PM

suspense! i too will be away for the weekend so will have to check sunday night to see confirmation of all those saturday tests. i forgot when i posted last night to give a shout out to those ladies who mentioned considering adoption, especially foster adoption. i work with foster kids and while certainly it has challenges, there is a huge need for foster families esp for older kids, esp foster adoptive families, not just old ladies taking in foster kids. if anyone considering foster adoption wants to discuss it, i'd be happy to offer my two cents based on 7 years working with foster kids (but no experience as a foster parent, which must be more helpful. one day i do want to do that, but we have to get our house fixed up before we can get licensed. you can only expose your own bio child to uncovered radiators, open walls, etc.)
and back to the super personal... charting while cosleeping is complicated. i must have woken up three or four times last night and so of course my temp was high this morning, but probably meaningless. i used to have such predictable cycles and now i'm not sure if i'm going to... anyone want to comment on postpartum cycles and length and the maybe-ovulation thing? i thought i was ovulating a few times before i finally got AF again. i just would be happy with regular cycles again!
#207 of 496 Old 06-17-2010, 11:17 PM

I told my family when we were TTC #2 and I told them I wanted a 3rd. I haven't told them anything about what we are or are not doing now. That's probably mostly because my dh is avoiding so there's really nothing to tell. Our families don't ask about it, though, so there's no pressure from them one way or another. My family knows that I want(ed) another after ds3 but that's it.

#208 of 496 Old 06-18-2010, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

On my side of the family, I am the oldest, and the only one under any circumstances of 'childbearing stage' right now, so we get asked a lot when we're going to 'give them a baby'. On DH's side, he has one younger sister who is only 18 and never been in a relationship before, and two older sisters, one whom is done having children, and one who constantly hints that she's not done and will be adding soon-- but her husband has made it clear that HE is done (she has three under 6). His parents have 5 grandchildren and has not once really expressed delight at the news, so we're not surprised they haven't asked, but everyone on that side of the family keeps slipping it in, things like asking us if we want their hand me downs, or talking about training the dog 'in time' etc etc.

Our standard answer: "Nope, not yet. If you want grandchildren we're taking monetary donations." Everyone knows that we just went through a year being a single income household, so they do understand why we 'aren't' trying, but they're anxious nonetheless. I guess really, I just don't want people knowing that we're trying (or whatevering right now, as the case may be...) in case we don't get pregnant right away. I don't want that added stress. It's totally me putting it on myself, but since DH and I have been together for 7 years, I think people expected us to have kids by now, since they know I'm impatient... and it's gotten to the point that when people casually bring it up, I feel like I've somehow failed to produce children... even though we've never tried. So I know once we are 'trying' I'll feel that tenfold.

His sister that may or may not be done yet, hasn't flat out said she's been trying with any of hers, but made (and makes) several comments so that really... anyone would know that they're at least whatevering. His other sister did not tell 'the public' for either of hers, but they got pregnant their first try with the first, and with the second, they actually told DH and I beforehand, because she wanted help (She was dealing with endometriosis, and knew that I had looked into it with my doula work). So we talked to her about timing and fertile signs, and then we knew as soon as she got a positive test, but they didn't announce it until several weeks later.

*phew* That was a longwinded response.

ps. I wish you guys could see DH right now, you would get a kick out of it. I basically told him I'm up for dtd tonight, but that I am fertile, and I'm not doing the condom thing. I can literally see the wheels in his head turning, trying to decide if he wants to go ahead.

#209 of 496 Old 06-18-2010, 07:07 AM

I tested this morning for yall. So, I should be charting soon or taking another test in a few days. I am on CD 28 today and no sign of AF.

#210 of 496 Old 06-18-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Only my sister knows that we're actively whatevering. Other people know that we would like to have another child, but I'm mostly keeping my mouth shut other than that. My sister's actively trying right now, and our cycles are completely aligned -- we O'd on the same day -- and we're entertaining ourselves with what we'll put everyone through if we're due on the same day.

Also, I got crosshairs. Timing's good. Let the obsessing commence. My LP is usually 11 days, never longer than 12, but it took me awhile to get a BFP with my daughter. We'll see what happens.

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page