No Known Ovulation date and Pregnancy Question..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2010, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
***Copied out of Fertility***

Question for all experts!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am waiting for my first normal period coming off the pill in April. I am at CD 60. I dont know exactly when I ovulated, but I think it was CD 43-44. If I were to have ovulated and conceived (i dont think I did), but if I were to, would I count from the day I ovulated to see how far along I was? or from when my period was supposed to come in May? How would the doctor determine how far along I was? Im very confused about this. The doctor would know I did not conceive before May 18th becasue I had a urine test done with a normal doctors appointment. So if I were to find out I were pregnant, how would I determine how far along I was?

working full time waiting for him to propose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM

I conceived after my second PPAF when nursing my first. At first they went by LMP date, but my MW knew it was going to be later (from palpatating, and when we were able to find the heartbeat) and during a mid-term ultrasound my EDD was pushed back SIX (yes 6) weeks from August to October

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 06-09-2010, 05:24 PM

If you're not certain on ovulation wouldn't they do an early ultrasound for dating purposes?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 06-10-2010, 03:34 PM

I think the "standard" method of dating starts on the first day of your last period. This is normally counted as 2 weeks before ovulation (so for the first 2 weeks of pregnancy you're not really pregnant) if I understand it correctly. So since your periods were not regular they'd probably do 2 weeks before ovulation as the start. It's all so confusing...
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 PM

As I understand it, the "standard" way of counting how far along you are puts you at 2 weeks pregnant on the day of ovulation/conception. Which makes zero sense, but it's because they're counting from the date of your LMP and assuming that all women have a 28 day cycle.

Poppan ~ twins born April 2007
Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Early ultrasound is really the only way to get an accurate-ish date when you don't have regular cycles and don't know when you ovulated/conceived. My best guess was about 2 weeks off for my current pregnancy, but I knew it was just a guess.

User Tag List