The July "Whatever" Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 381 Old 07-30-2010, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having a pretty crappy day. I feel like crap. I am exhausted. I was sick last night. I hurt myself at work on Sunday and i'm still in pain and out of work till Tuesday. My house is a disaster and I still have to go pick up food for my DD2's bday party tomorrow, which we rented a moonwalk for her bigger friends and YAH, like 3 people who RSVPed yes now arent sure when they are coming if at all. We wasted 200$ on that stupid Moonwalk.

I am further frustrated by my chart which seemingly makes no sense, which most likely means I am anovulatory. I kind of want to just not temp and just see what happens. I think it is making me neurotic.

Torre , Momma to Abrielle (4/07) and Annalise (7/09), Birthdoula, CNA, Aspiring Nurse, and wanna-be baby catcher. I ATE MY !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 381 Old 07-30-2010, 08:26 PM

We need chart links hint, hint

BFS-why doesn't it work when I click on your chart link in your sig? Lol-how are you liking 3 so far? Ds1 was quite a handful-he had definite ideas about how he wanted things to be. Ds2, not so much. It's a lot of fun to see how different they are, yet how alike as well.

MW-I love having mine 2.5 yrs apart. The 3rd would have been to, oddly enough. Now, I worry that the age span would be too much, but I guess it's all what you make of it.

I'm having a "light" sort of day today. Just enough to not be spotting, so irritating. I was used to having short afs. The past few have been longer-almost 7 days-the last 2 being spotting.
#363 of 381 Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 PM

LOL Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ab513

Torre , Momma to Abrielle (4/07) and Annalise (7/09), Birthdoula, CNA, Aspiring Nurse, and wanna-be baby catcher. I ATE MY !
#364 of 381 Old 07-30-2010, 11:19 PM

Too soon to call it anovulatory. Technically, it ain't anov til shows.

I'm feeling like I'm not going to be pg. I'm usually pretty confident that I will be pg (and I always have been) but not this time.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#365 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 12:17 AM

I'd say that's too early as well-you're only on d20. What are the high temps/why are they discarded? My last cycle was 52 days! I was going crazy wondering if it was annov or not, but eventually I O'd some where around d37 or something.

MW-what's your test day?
#366 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
3-4 years is a good separation of kiddos.
So is 2.5 to 3 years, right?

MW - I'm totally going to chart stalk you this month, btw.

Going on CD7 here and still dealing with a light AF. So over her. I keep thinking of that commercial making fun of tampon ads, "by the 3rd day, I just feel like dancing..." Haha.

But even so, a chart link is always nice to share. That temp is missing b/c I was out of town in MD, and didn't have my therm right next to the bed where I normally do. And I figured one missing temp during AF isn't going to make a difference.

MommatoAandA - I hope kids show up and bounce! What a bummer!

Can't wait to see how our cycles turn out!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#367 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrandonsmom View Post
BFS-why doesn't it work when I click on your chart link in your sig? Lol-how are you liking 3 so far? Ds1 was quite a handful-he had definite ideas about how he wanted things to be. Ds2, not so much. It's a lot of fun to see how different they are, yet how alike as well.
I don't think MDC lets you put links in your siggy anymore, or did they change that back now? In any case, if you want to stalk my chart, here it is, but there's not a whole lot going on yet. As for the age of 3...OMG DS is such a PITA I love him to pieces, and some days he is fun to be around, but other days he is just INSANE. It's one of the things that is making me a tad ambivalent about TTC. I'm sure in 9 months he'll be over this stage (I HOPE) but some days I think to myself "god I'm glad I'm not pregnant yet, maybe I want to abort this whole TTC thing..." I know some of you ladies will understand the ambivalence. I'm not sure how much BD we're going to get in the fertile window this cycle anyway because my fertile window is going to fall right when we're going to be traveling for a weekend and family will be visiting. But we'll see I guess. Glad to see some cycle buddies here, I may just stick mostly with this thread, the TTC board is a little much for me right now...

Tonight is our anniversary and we get to go on a date - my MIL and FIL are watching DS.

MommatoAandA, I hope people show up and you have a fabulous party.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#368 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I'm feeling like I'm not going to be pg. I'm usually pretty confident that I will be pg (and I always have been) but not this time.
Denial aint just a river in Egypt...

Quote:
I'd say that's too early as well-you're only on d20. What are the high temps/why are they discarded?
Hey, yeah - what's up w/that? Why do you discard those higher temps? I mean, just b/c they aren't O doesn't mean you have to discard them. I would keep them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
As for the age of 3...OMG DS is such a PITA I love him to pieces, and some days he is fun to be around, but other days he is just INSANE. It's one of the things that is making me a tad ambivalent about TTC. ... Glad to see some cycle buddies here, I may just stick mostly with this thread, the TTC board is a little much for me right now...

Tonight is our anniversary and we get to go on a date - my MIL and FIL are watching DS.
You still can't link in your sig, that's prob why it doesn't work!

Happy, happy anniversary!! Enjoy your date!

And I totally hear you on the ttc ambivalence. I'm soooo there, that's why I like this thread. I'm on the nursing mamas ttc thread, and I don't post too often, just enough to keep me on the roll call -- sometimes it's good to be around others w/children close to DD's age who are actively ttc b/c then I don't think I'm completely nuts for wanting another.

AFM: I think my MIL thinks we are completely nuts for wanting another. A girlfriend of hers is about to be a grandma again. Her grandson is Nora's age, and MIL made a comment that her girlfriends daughter "apparently wants her children really close together." I pointed out that almost 3 years apart really isn't that super close, and she just kind of shrugged and said, "I guess..."
She doesn't really *know* that Chris and I are "trying" but I did drop hints a few months ago when we had that oops. Saying we'd like a 2.5 to 3 year gap b/w kids, and w/Nora turning 2 in just a few weeks, that would mean I'd have to get pg soon. So, I'm not sure if her comment was about us, or just about her girlfriends family, but either way I didn't take it so well.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#369 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
AFM: I think my MIL thinks we are completely nuts for wanting another. A girlfriend of hers is about to be a grandma again. Her grandson is Nora's age, and MIL made a comment that her girlfriends daughter "apparently wants her children really close together." I pointed out that almost 3 years apart really isn't that super close, and she just kind of shrugged and said, "I guess..."
She doesn't really *know* that Chris and I are "trying" but I did drop hints a few months ago when we had that oops. Saying we'd like a 2.5 to 3 year gap b/w kids, and w/Nora turning 2 in just a few weeks, that would mean I'd have to get pg soon. So, I'm not sure if her comment was about us, or just about her girlfriends family, but either way I didn't take it so well.
What the heck? Two year spacing seems to be the norm with everyone I know. Or less! Three year spacing is certainly not super close.

#370 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 11:21 AM

BC-I don't temp during AF. I don't really see the point. Maybe I should?

BFS-Are you going to try temping during travel?

For ds1, I'd say about half of his 3yr old year was a bit of a trial. It went off and on, so it was frustrating. I'd think we were past it, and then he would decide to pitch a fit in the store, because I was making him sit in the cart. Otherwise, he'd be trying to run away, or grab everything. Ds2, is not like that yet-but he's only just turned 3. Oh, and ds 2 was not 1 yet, so there were days I went a little crazy when ds1 was having a bad day, while trying to work with a crawling infant as well. Now, if I had been preg, or contemplating, I think I would have been very hesitant during that stage. I wouldn't have thought I could deal with it. Everyone always talks about the terrible 2's, but for us it was 3.

Everyone I know has their kids around 2 or 2+ yrs apart. I only know a handful of people who's kids are closer and age, and it is hit or miss w/ them on if there was a bf impact (successful) or the mom was going crazy because they were too close in age.
#371 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
BFS-Are you going to try temping during travel?
I think I am. It's going to be right in the time when I need temps. It'll probably be messed-up, but I'm going to try.

#372 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 12:22 PM

Ok, I hope I can remember everything I want to respond to.

T ~ I agree with others to put those discarded temps back in. It's usually not necessary to discard temps and it's also not a good idea. Remember, too, that only the 6 most recent temps before O matter. All the others are irrelevant.

Mel ~ Happy Anniversary!

Talking about 3 year olds and shopping, I had just such an incident yesterday while grocery shopping. As I was getting a cart both my boys said they wanted to walk. I explained to 3yo ds that he had to walk and stay right next to me and not touch anything or he'd have to go in the cart. I also told 6yo ds that I would get a regular cart with only 1 seat rather than the fire truck cart if they weren't going to ride in it so someone who really wanted it could use it. There are only 2 fun carts. That meant 6yo ds would have to walk the entire time no matter what. Well, I got as far as the produce section, which is the 2nd section of the store, just past the tiny deli/bakery, before having to speak to 3yo ds 3 times about running and jumping and spinning and touching all the produce. He kept saying, "Otay, Mommy. I walt." I got halfway down the first aisle and had to put 3yo ds in the cart because he kept running ahead and jumping and spinning all over the place. He was mad but, luckily, he didn't have a fit. Then I got home and found 2 extra boxes of Little Debbie snacks. I didn't even noticed them when I was putting the groceries on the checkout belt. DS3 had been loading up the cart while I wasn't looking.

I don't know if 2.5-3 years is good. I've never experienced it. I don't know any reason why it wouldn't be. One thing I wouldn't want, though, is 2 in diapers and since I don't potty train my kids that's very possible with a 2.5-3yo and a baby. DS3 is still in diapers at 3 years and 1 month now.

DS2 and ds3 are almost exactly 3.5 years apart. After that I decided that even more time might be better because ds2 was/is still so needy. My ds1 and ds3 are my crazy, outgoing, precocious wild men. DS2 is my quiet, shy, relatively calm, wants-to-please-me guy. Since ds1 was 12-13 when ds2 was born he used to ask me, jokingly, why I would want to have another after him. I always said it couldn't be any worse. Soon after ds3 was born I started calling him mini-ds1. I feel guilty that ds3 doesn't get enough attention because ds2 is still so needy.

I haven't really found the 2s and 3s difficult in a defiance type way, like I think most people mean when they talk about the terrible twos. I just find it difficult because they are so full of energy and want to explore everything but it isn't quite safe for them to do everything they want yet. For example, we've been taking walks as a family after dinner lately. DS3 wants to walk some but I'm afraid to let him because the streets are busy and people drive way faster than they should and he doesn't just walk. He runs ahead and does all the jumping and spinning and skipping (and a lot of tripping and falling down). He likes to walk on the grass rather than the sidewalk and always gravitates toward the thin strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street. He doesn't understand yet that he needs to slow down and stop at a street crossing. He was upset that he had to sit in the stroller most of the time. We do let him get out and walk once we get back to our street.

When is my test day? I've been testing since what could be 5dpo. I know I won't get a bfp that early (although some women have reported bfps at 6dpo on FF) but it gets that urge out of my system and gives me bfn/evap lines (if there are any) to compare with later tests. That's why I stock up on ICs. I don't feel guilty about spending a lot of money. Each test cost less than $1. I have gotten a bfp at 7dpo before so it's possible for me to get one any day now if I did O on cd13. I ordered 20 IC HPTs but I'm thinking I may need to get more because I've been using 2 a day so I might not make it to 12 or 14dpo.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#373 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I haven't really found the 2s and 3s difficult in a defiance type way, like I think most people mean when they talk about the terrible twos. I just find it difficult because they are so full of energy and want to explore everything but it isn't quite safe for them to do everything they want yet. For example, we've been taking walks as a family after dinner lately. DS3 wants to walk some but I'm afraid to let him because the streets are busy and people drive way faster than they should and he doesn't just walk. He runs ahead and does all the jumping and spinning and skipping (and a lot of tripping and falling down). He likes to walk on the grass rather than the sidewalk and always gravitates toward the thin strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street. He doesn't understand yet that he needs to slow down and stop at a street crossing. He was upset that he had to sit in the stroller most of the time. We do let him get out and walk once we get back to our street.
This is my main issue too. And the SILLINESS! He just will not calm down. Running around constantly, slapping and banging things etc. etc. Sometimes he is sweet and cuddly but sometimes I can't even sit with him because he is kicking, pushing, flopping around, not exactly out of spite like he wants to hurt me, but I think just because he can't. sit. still. And he's so loud. Of course there is some defiance too but it's mostly just the energy level of the kiddo that drives me insane. It's probably completely normal for the age...but...argh...some days!

#374 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
This is my main issue too. And the SILLINESS! He just will not calm down. Running around constantly, slapping and banging things etc. etc. Sometimes he is sweet and cuddly but sometimes I can't even sit with him because he is kicking, pushing, flopping around, not exactly out of spite like he wants to hurt me, but I think just because he can't. sit. still. And he's so loud. Of course there is some defiance too but it's mostly just the energy level of the kiddo that drives me insane. It's probably completely normal for the age...but...argh...some days!
Yes, it's completely normal for the age and also specific to the personality of that child. I know this because that's how ds1 and ds3 are. DS2 was never like that. I used to joke that ds1 must have gotten his wildness from his dad (who is not my dh and father to ds2 and 3) until we had ds3. Different father but very similar personality. Maybe they get it from me.

I forgot to mention that you can link to your chart in your homepage on here. I've got my Ovusoft chart linked there and I usually post my FF chart.

#375 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 04:02 PM

i love this thread. though the posts about three year olds do give me a moment of hesitation- is that what i'm in store for?? today- ewcm, the first time in a couple months, so as soon as we get an opportunity....
mw, to go back some, yes, i take the maca powder- i put it in yogurt in the morning. i buy it in a big bag from natural zing, don't know if the price is competitive.
#376 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 04:19 PM

I removed my ovulation override in FF and here's what it gives me on Advanced and FAM:

I'm not sure I agree with it but I think it increases my chances of getting pg. I was also considering maybe O wasn't until cd18. That, too, would increase my chances of pg, imo, because we got bd in the day before O. Although, there are a lot of pg charts on FF with a bd pattern like mine for O on cd13, O day and 4 days before (Is that O-4?).

I can't stand yogurt so putting maca powder in that won't work for me. I read you can just add it to water but I don't drink a lot of water, either. Makes me have to pee too often. I think I'll stick with the capsules for now.

#377 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 05:02 PM

MW-what do you do for potty?

Ds1 still wets at night, and we are trying dairy free to see if he has an intolerance. Ds2 is about 50/50 at night for wet/dry. He's been out of dipes for awhile now-I think for almost 6m now or more. I think he wanted to wear big boy underwear like his brother. We did ipt w/ds1, so that was quick. Having both in dipes was a tad bothersome for me-always had to make sure I had extra dipes everywhere, and we used cloth, so...Way less laundry now. I still keep a change of clothes in the car though for accidents, or impromptu stops at the beach, dirty from the park etc.

Now where do I link my chart and how? I need to fill in this months yet. Will start temping tomorrow. I'm spotty today. Curious to see if I O again quickly this month.
#378 of 381 Old 07-31-2010, 07:19 PM

I don't do anything RE: potty training. I read somewhere that most kids learn to use the toilet at just over 3 years old whether they are being trained or not so I let the kiddos learn when they are ready. DS1 started using the toilet when he was right around 2. DS3 started consistently when he was 3 years and 4 months and has never had an accident during the day. He's only had 2 accidents at night and that was because he drank a lot right before bed and we didn't think to ask him to pee before he went to sleep. DS3 is still in diapers. He pees in the potty sometimes, more often when we are out in public than at home. He has not pooed in the potty yet.

To link your chart as your homepage, go to your User CP. Go to the section "Edit Your Details." The second section on there is for linking a homepage. Just paste your chart URL and save and you should be good to go.

#379 of 381 Old 08-01-2010, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Hey guys, I'm just putting the August thread up now, we're still just at the one pregnancy from July, right? Neuromancer?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#380 of 381 Old 08-01-2010, 01:03 AM

Yup, I think so! Just NM!

CD7 almost 8 here -- I went straight from AF to EW. WTH? I mean, only a bit this evening, but damn! Usually I at least get a day or 2 of creamy before potentially fertile fluid! LOL!

#381 of 381 Old 08-01-2010, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

The August thread was posted already, so I'll move over there, but just to answer... I had that happen a few months ago, but it only ended up being a day or so, and then I went dry again. It was very weird.

AFM: I think I'm on day 5, but AF is pretty much packed up, we should be good to dtd by Monday. And he may change his mind before it matters, but DH keeps saying/doing things that insinuate that he wants to take a more proactive stance this cycle. Yay! I'm still not one to dtd if I don't feel like it, so we'll see what happens, but it's exciting to see that he's excited to get a positive.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page