The July "Whatever" Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd say no to OPKs, too. That to me just sounds like hardcore TTC.

Thanks for making me feel better about taking so long to O. I have a feeling that this will be the longest cycle I've had in a while. Either that or maybe I am having anovulatory cycles and not realizing it.

I have fears about having a second baby, too. And they stem from my first marriage. After I had DD I had a really hard time healing because ex-DH wouldn't help me. Every time DD cried I would have to get up and get her and it made my stitches down there get infected. I couldn't just heal. It took me almost 6 weeks to fully recover. So, naturally I have a fear of that again. I want help raising the next child. Especially right after they are born. Ex-DH would call me lazy when I asked for help, telling me that I needed to get up so that I wouldn't get too dependent on him. Yeah, now you see why he's an EX. So, I'm totally right there with you all on the fears. I think what I'd look forward to most is the actual being pregnant and then labor part. Everything after that has me slightly worried.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
#62 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 AM

Carrie, I hear you on the nervous. I loved feeling DS move when I was pregnant, I hated maternity clothes, waking up to pee all the time, peeing all the time when you are awake, nausea and headaches . . . and I had a pretty easy pregnancy with him!

I agree, OPK's are totally TTC for me. I need AF so I can chart!

my first 2 O's since DS was born were so totally typical, that I knew I would have AF and when. This time with so much on and off EWCM, I have no clue when or if O was, and when AF might show up. 2 (-) hpt's, so I know I am not pregnant, and am totally ok with that. I am not OK with going AWOL

MW so glad your DH will be home soon!!!! have fun celebrating his return

Before DS I always O'd between day 17 and day 23, so I feel your pain on late O!

Hope everyone is having a good week, and may we all O or have AF, or get BFP's soon. I hate waiting!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#63 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Katie ~ Your sure have the BD down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth
The only thing missing for him now is the career... there's just this... anticipatory tension/excitement.
Most men have a really hard time with not having a job or being underemployed. So much of their being is wrapped up in their jobs and how much money they make, the whole provider thing.

Carrie ~ I don't get too nervous at the idea of being pg again. I love being pg, even when I feel like crap, but I haven't had a particularly difficult pg. The most annoying things for me are having to pee all the time (I just recently retrained my body into going all night without having to get up and pee.), any my lack of energy. I have a low energy level, anyway, so when I'm pg finding the energy to do even the simplest things is hard.

I do worry some about giving birth again. I can't make a decision about whether or not to have another homebirth. That's not something I really need to worry about at this point since I'm not even close to being pg.

My main concern is whether or not I can handle another child. I live like a single parent a lot of the time and I've had a really hard time emotionally and energy-wise with my 2 LOs this last year that my dh has been gone. I kind of feel like it's selfish and irresponsible to want/have another child when I feel like I can't take care of the ones I already have properly. I discovered over the weekend while my 19yo ds was in VA that he's at least as messy and noisy and peace disturbing as my LOs. I swear it was easier to keep the house clean while he was gone.

I love my children and I love having them home with me but it gets very draining after 3+ years of not being able to use the toilet by myself or take a relaxed shower by myself or knit or read or watch TV without constant interruption. I don't even think about watching a movie. I'm pretty sure my dh will deploy again within the next year. It could be next month. It could be next June but it will happen. That means that if I get pg anytime this year (ideally, I'd like to get pg in December/January), I'll be on my own again with a newborn, a toddler and a young child. I seriously don't know how other parents do it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#64 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 11:17 AM

You know, MW, your post got me thinking. I feel like I could totally rock being pg. I know I'll survive labor. (I'm still undecided on the HB, too, btw...) I am the most worried about having TWO. It's like, with the first pg, you don't even know what you're in for. There's that obliviousness that gets you through.
But having just gone through it, I know what to expect and sometimes I think I might be insane to be voluntarily signing up again. But then, I know how in love I will be with this new child, and I know Nora will be in love with her new sibling, and I know Chris will be smitten with his new baby -- and it will all be worth it.

I was making my coffee just before and thinking, "Of course there will be bad days, but there will be so many good days. There are good and bad days now, and I only really think about the good!" I think I need to stop thinking about it and just jump in!

Ps - I don't know how how you do it, the whole single parent DH deployed thing. I give you so much credit and admire your courage and strength and willingness.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#65 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 12:05 PM

As far as OPK's I've used them even when not TTC because I can't temp. I didn't ovulate for 7 years (involuntarily for 2 of those years) prior to conceiving DS so I had nothing to go by when I started charting so OPK's helped me to figure out my cycle once I had one and see where any potential issues were. Over the years I seem to have the biggest issue with LP length because it's all over the place, same with ovulation, all over the place. It doesn't seem like hardcore TTC to use them because that's just always what I've done, even for this cycle it's more for charting purposes than TTC. I didn't even really start charting again until DH came home so all I really had to go on was when AF was due and when I *thought* I O'd. In the end I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't conceive. I have an end date when we will avoid pregnancy, most likely September.

My biggest reservation in having another is going through the next deployment, if deployment weren't an issue I wouldn't even be thinking about this right now. I'd wait until DD turned 2 to start, but then I'd be giving birth alone and I can't go through that again. A big upside is that next year we're moving closer to family and that will make the next deployment easier, plus baby #3 will be older at the time of the deployment. I'm not worried about the logistics of a third because at this point they just seem to fit in and it's business as usual.

As far as BDing, my DH is WAY more interested in TTC than I am. He had his reservations at first but he talked to lots of friends about their child spacing and really got excited about another.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#66 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 12:08 PM

I'm not so much worried about labor and birth, itself. I'm just mixed up about where to do it if I get another chance. My homebirth was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. I felt so powerful and strong for having accomplished it. It was very painful, though, and I don't really want to feel that again. I did not handle the pain well and I don't think there's any way I can get rid of the fear and anticipation of have about that pain. This may all be moot since I may not have a choice. There's no way I would get prenatal care from any of the civilian OB practices here and there's no way I would give birth at the local civilian hospital. I'd have to switch my insurance to have access to the military docs and hospitals and even then it wouldn't be gauranteed.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#67 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
As far as OPK's I've used them even when not TTC because I can't temp. I didn't ovulate for 7 years (involuntarily for 2 of those years) prior to conceiving DS so I had nothing to go by when I started charting so OPK's helped me to figure out my cycle once I had one and see where any potential issues were.
A + opk does not guarantee or confirm O. It's just like watery or ewcf. It only means that you are potentially fertile and could O within the next few days. It does not mean that you definitely will O. I'm not saying that you aren't Oing. Obviously, you are if you've gotten a couple of bfps. For most women most of the time, a LH surge and + opk means O but it's not definite. If you want to know for sure if/when you are Oing, you need to temp.

Is the reason you say you can't temp because you are cosleeping/night nursing? If so, temping can still be done. I started temping as soon as my cycles returned even though ds was still waking several times a night to nurse. It's only been in the last 6 months or so that he hasn't been night nursing. I don't set my alarm to temp at the same time every morning, although I do typically wake up around the same time so I temp then. I've not had trouble interpreting my charts. There are a lot of women on the CTA thread who are/were night nursing and temping.

If you're just not interested in temping, then ignore everything I just said.

#68 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM

I do know that a + opk /= ovulation. I may not be Oing at all, you're right. It still gives me an idea at least of when I *should* be, but in the end it doesn't really matter all that much. As far as temping, after DS was born I did temp for a while and my temperatures were up and down and all over the place for the entire time and did not indicate much of anything. I have insomnia in addition to the night waking and nursing and I'm awake often during the night, I don't get a long enough stretch of sleep in order to get an accurate temp.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#69 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Is anyone else nervous?? I know we chatted a bit about birth stories awhile back, and I think I'm still afraid of labor and birth. I'm nervous about the ms. I'm nervous about not getting sleep again. I know I'm overthinking everything -- these same issues would be there if we waited, and I know I want my 2.5/3 year age gap more than I want to wait, but it still scares the pants off me.

I just have a lot of fears to conquer! I want to be a good, strong mama and a confident wife who makes DH proud. It's a high standard I've set for myself!

MW - 2 days not counting today, right??
This is the part I'm at and I thought I would be okay by this point in time, DD was born via c-section (I had full intentions for a natural birth). It's difficult at this point to trust entirely that my plan for a VBAC will turn out how I want it.

Then there's the part where I try and imagine how life is actually going to be with two kids and it's a little crazy... Luckily we've got several months to get used to the idea.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#70 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
It's difficult at this point to trust entirely that my plan for a VBAC will turn out how I want it.
Well, that's sort of an impossibility, isn't it? I mean, we can plan all we want but we can't control the outcome or the end result. There are no guarantees. You can trust yourself, though.

There are, of course, things you can do to ensure that what you want is more likely to happen. Avoiding doctors and hospitals is one major way to do that. As the OB I was seeing when I was pg with ds3 said, "We'll put your birth plan in your file but we'll do whatever we think is necessary at the time." In other words, no one at that office or the hospital had any respect for my wishes. The doctors were in charge and would do whatever they wanted regardless of me.

#71 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Second babies aren't the same... I guess you have to live it to know, but it won't be a chaotic as you think! DD's favourite sound was her big brother's voice, he was totally fascinating to her. I think first babies nurse a lot out of boredom or something.

They play together a lot younger than you'd think. When DD was still at the stage when I'd lay her on a blanket on the floor in the morning, DS would ask her if she wanted to play in his room & when she giggled at him, he'd take her feet and start slowly dragging her across the floor (it was hardwood, so she slid easily) I'd go in with them and sit/lay on the bed while he showed her stuff. When she started crawling, he called her "the slobber zombie" and built towers for her to knock over. A 3 year old can retrieve things from the floor when the baby tosses them out of the highchair, things like that really help!

I hope you guys don't mind me sticking around, I think we'll be back to whatevering by the end of the summer.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#72 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 02:57 PM

Teresa, the more the merrier!

I am just divided; I see hugely preggo women and think, ooh I miss that! and ugh, I sure DON'T all at the same time!

Lyterae, I have your same concerns re: VBAC. I am hesitant to research it too much before we're pregnant again, but at the same time I like to be prepared (research re: provider options, mostly) i think it helps to have the same attitude for VBAC as BF'ing - not I will try to breastfeed/VBAC, but that I WILL (granted things can happen to derail both, but I believe in positive thinking)

I wouldn't mind using OPK's even now, but they are an expense. temping only costs you one time! and then it is free!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#73 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post
Second babies aren't the same... I guess you have to live it to know, but it won't be a chaotic as you think!
That has not been my experience at all. I had a much easier time with just ds2 as a baby/toddler rather than ds2 and ds3. I did have my teenage son when ds2 was a baby but that's not the same as 2 LOs who still need you to do just about everything for them all the time. I know things would be much different if my dh came home every night or even just on the weekends.

#74 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
i think it helps to have the same attitude for VBAC as BF'ing - not I will try to breastfeed/VBAC, but that I WILL (granted things can happen to derail both, but I believe in positive thinking)
When I was planning my VBAC that was my attitude. The docs all said they'd let me try it (they call it trial of labor :irk) but in my mind I was going to do it. Then if I did end up having to have another c-section, I knew it would be an absolutely necessary thing.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind using OPK's even now, but they are an expense. temping only costs you one time! and then it is free!
You can get really cheap opks here: Save On Tests (not that I'm pushing or anything )

#75 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 03:37 PM

Lyterae- Two kids is a lot less crazy as it seems it might be! But the fact that you have 7 months will help you get a hold of the actuality. I have to say I enjoy 2 more than I did 1.

I am not a fan of OPK's in general. I never liked them much. I LOVED temping and am going to start actually tomorrow morning I think. I am still without AF, I took a test but it was negative which I knew, because I was on birth control. I was on the depo prior and have not had a period since January. So I figure I am going to stop the pill and temp for awhile and see what happens!

I totally miss being pregnant. I plan on enjoying this last pregnancy to my fullest ability. Our last 2 pregnancies were very stressful and at times lonely for me.

Also I forgot to mention, we are getting married at the end of this month!

Torre , Momma to Abrielle (4/07) and Annalise (7/09), Birthdoula, CNA, Aspiring Nurse, and wanna-be baby catcher. I ATE MY !
#76 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
That has not been my experience at all. I had a much easier time with just ds2 as a baby/toddler rather than ds2 and ds3. I did have my teenage son when ds2 was a baby but that's not the same as 2 LOs who still need you to do just about everything for them all the time. I know things would be much different if my dh came home every night or even just on the weekends.
ITA with this. I have had times in the 6 years we were together that I have been alone, its much harder without the other parent completely present at all times or often at least. I'm sorry you have to do it alone a lot.

My second baby though, being so easy going made life easier, I will say that.

Torre , Momma to Abrielle (4/07) and Annalise (7/09), Birthdoula, CNA, Aspiring Nurse, and wanna-be baby catcher. I ATE MY !
#77 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommatoAandA View Post
My 2nd baby was definitely much more easy going than #1 or #3 so I'm sure that contributed to my experience. He's not so easy going anymore. He and his little bro bicker a lot! He loved his baby brother until he got mobile.

#78 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
ITA with this. I have had times in the 6 years we were together that I have been alone, its much harder without the other parent completely present at all times or often at least. I'm sorry you have to do it alone a lot.

#2 was definitely an easier baby overall but raising them alone is no piece of cake. When DH is here to co-parent I would almost describe it as easy with two children. If she had been like DS was as an infant, well, heaven help us all.

#79 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Most men have a really hard time with not having a job or being underemployed. So much of their being is wrapped up in their jobs and how much money they make, the whole provider thing.
This was SO true for us. I'm very much a details person, so I've had it down for a while how much we needed to be making, what we could do so that we could afford a child. And technically we have been 'ok' for a few years. But for DH it wasn't as much the money itself, but the provider aspect. He had a well paying -job-, but we wasn't in his career, and he felt a lot of anxiety about being 'that guy' who starter a family before he was ready. He was very adament that he needed to be finished school and into his career before having children. Literally as soon as he got a job in his field, I noticed an obvious change in his attitude towards getting pregnant.

This is our first baby, so I don't have any fears or lingering worries from a first pregnancy, but DH does tease me all the time that he wonders if I want a baby, or if I want a pregnancy and birth. I'm very excited for all of this,k and time to time I do get worried that I'm going to make it into such a bigger 'deal' and wonderful experience than it is, and then i'm going to be disappointed. I'm going into it just 'assuming' that all will be great, and I won't have tremendous morning sickness, or aches and pains or any of that, and only recently am I starting to remind myself that those are all very good possibilities.

One good thing about having to wait so long for us to ttc, is that there is supposed to be a birth centre opening up in my city in 'early' 2011. I have absolutely every intention on having a homebirth, but if there's something to risk me out, then I'm excited to at least have that as a middle ground. Both hospitals here that deliver are much better that some I've heard of, but they still give me shivers down my spine when I think of having to birth there.

In other news, I am SO BORED of the beginning of my cycle. AF is just finishing off, so there's nothing going on. I feel like this is going to be such a busy month with preparing for my friends wedding next month, and getting in shape, dtd, and of course, living with my husband who for this paycheque billed 110 hours between his two jobs.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#80 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
This was SO true for us. I'm very much a details person, so I've had it down for a while how much we needed to be making, what we could do so that we could afford a child. And technically we have been 'ok' for a few years. But for DH it wasn't as much the money itself, but the provider aspect. He had a well paying -job-, but we wasn't in his career, and he felt a lot of anxiety about being 'that guy' who starter a family before he was ready. He was very adament that he needed to be finished school and into his career before having children. Literally as soon as he got a job in his field, I noticed an obvious change in his attitude towards getting pregnant.

This is our first baby, so I don't have any fears or lingering worries from a first pregnancy, but DH does tease me all the time that he wonders if I want a baby, or if I want a pregnancy and birth. I'm very excited for all of this,k and time to time I do get worried that I'm going to make it into such a bigger 'deal' and wonderful experience than it is, and then i'm going to be disappointed. I'm going into it just 'assuming' that all will be great, and I won't have tremendous morning sickness, or aches and pains or any of that, and only recently am I starting to remind myself that those are all very good possibilities.

One good thing about having to wait so long for us to ttc, is that there is supposed to be a birth centre opening up in my city in 'early' 2011. I have absolutely every intention on having a homebirth, but if there's something to risk me out, then I'm excited to at least have that as a middle ground. Both hospitals here that deliver are much better that some I've heard of, but they still give me shivers down my spine when I think of having to birth there.

In other news, I am SO BORED of the beginning of my cycle. AF is just finishing off, so there's nothing going on. I feel like this is going to be such a busy month with preparing for my friends wedding next month, and getting in shape, dtd, and of course, living with my husband who for this paycheque billed 110 hours between his two jobs.
Oh this was SOOO my DP before we had DD1. He was all about planning and career and all that. I just sat back and kinda laughed inside. I knew there was no such thing as ever being ready in that are for a baby. It just takes them getting thrown into it head first sometimes to get over that I think.

A birth center sounds exciting to me! I would love to try one, however there are not many around here.

I also though about the Farm in TN, but that would require a road trip. HAHA

#81 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
A birth center sounds exciting to me! I would love to try one, however there are not many around here.

I also though about the Farm in TN, but that would require a road trip. HAHA
I'm very excited, just about the -possibility- of it. My province has made good progress in the last 10 years for midwifery. Until this new one opens though, the nearest birth centre is two provinces over-- a 19 hours drive. Not exactly doable. lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#82 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 PM

The provider thing is the financial reason my dh says he doesn't want any more. He worries about paying for college for 3+ kids. I just don't see that as a reason to not have children. I think that financial stuff works itself out as long as you aren't irresponsible.

I'm an emotional wreck today. I'm supposed to take ds2 to check out a Tae Kwon Do school but I'm afraid to. I don't know if I can talk to anyone without my eyes getting all teary. Freakin' hormones!

#83 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
This is our first baby, so I don't have any fears or lingering worries from a first pregnancy, but DH does tease me all the time that he wonders if I want a baby, or if I want a pregnancy and birth.
This was so me when I wanted our first baby! I was so interested in pregnancy and so adamant about natural birth. I knew I was going to get a baby out of it, of course, but I was just so interested in being pg!! It was like a science experiment or something, lol.

My BFF is TTC #1, and it's so funny that you bring this up b/c right before she moved away we went out to eat w/another mama friend. So, I have Nora and other mama has Elizabeth, both almost 2. She asked my BFF if she was thinking about kids yet, and BFF says, "Yeah, we're trying. I'm ready for the belly," and laughed.

And I caught myself before I said it out loud -- ready for the belly? What about the BABY?? LOL!! It's like when you want your first you barely think about the outcome (except for maybe a few romantic glimmers of nursing and playing) but you REALLY think about how your body will change and grow. That's the only thing you can really grasp and daydream about. At least it was for me. LOL.

This time -- I feel like I'm barely thinking about the pg!! Is that how it is for you guys w/kids already? I feel like it will really fly by and all of a sudden I'll have this newborn.

Today I'm excited about it. Like really excited.

MW - Hormones are a fickle thing. Hang in there! You can make it!

ETA: JJ - Ooh, a Birth Center! I would LOVE to have a birth center birth. It would be a no brainer for me. I wish NJ had at least ONE, but there aren't ANY. That's why I lean towards HB. I think it's such a good middle ground...

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#84 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah the team working on the BC seems to be really good. I've seen the proposals and such, and it should be exciting. Problem is that there's STILL not enough midwives in our province. We're funded for more than they can find to hire, (they're provincially funded) but even if they filled all those positions, they could still probably double the number and they would all still be busy. It's great to see it being such a desired thing.

My sister has a very close friend that has a five month old, so we've been having her over for 'babysitting' whenever we can. It's been good for me to adjust in my head what it's really like to have a baby in the house, to get up with a baby in the night, to deal with the teething, and refusals to eat et al, and not just thinking about the cute clothes and the cooing. I've been around babies a lot before, but somehow it seems all so different when they're in your own home and you're trying to adjust in your head how it's going to affect your routine. Last time she was here I purposely tried to make the nighjt as 'normal' as possible, getting myself a regular dinner, doing a quick load of dishes, etc. Normally I just kind of lounge around and enjoy her, but it was good to remember all the little ways they affect your life!

It was good to see DH move into action. She was teething, and her mom hadn't packed anything for her, and obviously I didn't have anything, I was starting to look at her wide-eyed going "Why do I want to do this willingly?", and then Dh got home, swooped in, threw a washcloth in the freezer for half an hour, plopped down on the bed beside her and had her chewing away and giggling in no time. It's funny how you -know- all these tricks, but then when you've got a screaming baby it all goes out the window, so it was so nice to see it just come like second nature to him. I know he's worried about it, and I think it made him feel a lot better that it was -him- who fixed the situation.

*ramble ramble ramble* Ironic, as I was typing this reply, my sister just called again and asked us to watch her tomorrow.

#85 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 06:25 PM

MW

Carrie - Overall I enjoy pregnancy, birth, and mostly all things baby though I could do without MS and being awake all night. That didn't really change much after the first baby. It did seem like my second pregnancy flew by because I was busy with a toddler, with my first pregnancy I had way more time on my hands and it seemed so slooooow. I definitely enjoyed having a newborn and infant way more the second time around because I already knew how fast it went by so I tried to really savor every moment of it, and I already knew what to expect and wasn't in a haze having to adjust.

#86 of 381 Old 07-08-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I was so interested in pregnancy and so adamant about natural birth.
I was like this with my first but ended up with a c/s anyway. It's kind of funny because labor didn't bother me at all until the anesthesiologist came in to explain the epi to me. All of a sudden I would be in pain. It wasn't fun that I had to go through that 3 times because they kept pushing my surgery back for emergencies. The L&D only had one surgical room available at the time. I regret that I had to have a c/s but I don't regret having one, if that makes sense. I made the best decision about the situation that I could at the time with the info I had. It turns out that my c/s may have not been necessary but I don't feel bad about that because I know I did the best I could.

I made it to the TKD class. My boys loved it! It's so expensive, though. I don't know if we can afford it for both of them but I can't see making my 3yo just sit there and watch his big bro do it.

#87 of 381 Old 07-09-2010, 09:20 AM

MW - ITA - I regret the "need" to have the c-section, but not the c-section itself (other than the fact it complicates the next pregnancy). I was totally educated about the intervention spiral, so I felt I at least made informed decisions. If I could have avoided the interventions, I could have avoided the c/s. but hey, there WILL be a next time! (when, I don't know)

Is your DH home yet???

#88 of 381 Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 AM

I've got a question...is cramping normal after Oing? Like right after? I woke up with horrible cramps this morning, like ones that make you think AF is going to show up at any second. It was really weird & uncomfortable. I still have them right now, but they have gotten a bit milder.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
#89 of 381 Old 07-09-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
MW - ITA - I regret the "need" to have the c-section, but not the c-section itself (other than the fact it complicates the next pregnancy).
FWIW, I've had 2 pregnancies and 2 VBACs since my c/s and they weren't any more complicated by my c/s. I know docs and many MWs make it seem as if having a c/s makes everything so much more dangerous but it usually doesn't. The only thing my MW was concerned about was that my placenta didn't attach to my incision scar.

Quote:
Is your DH home yet???
He just sent me a text to say that he's on his way. He should be home tomorrow night.

lilcrunchymama ~ I get horrible cramps during my lp. Last night they woke me up and were so bad that I had to take a double dose of ibuprofen. My cramps actually start a few days before O (maybe part of my O pain) and are mild but get progressively worse as I get closer to . Once comes they go away.

#90 of 381 Old 07-09-2010, 11:20 AM

I've had episodes of cramps and backache for a couple of days but they're more painful than what I normally have during my LP. I also get ovulation pain starting two or three days before I O that gets progressively worse until the day after I O when it vanishes completely.

I'm glad DH is on the way home, MW!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page