The July "Whatever" Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 381 Old 07-11-2010, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All!

Sorry I've been MIA. I work on the weekends and was having some computer problems, and couldn't log on! But I'm all caught up!

MW - such a sweet story about babies w/your son. That is just too cute. I think it's sweet that he wants a baby sister!! Hope you are enjoying your DH's company as I type!

So, not that I'm counting on anything this month, but if we do conceive it would put my due date on April 17. DD was born one day before her due date, lol.

And I also calculated fertile weeks and due dates for the next few months!

Fertile days /Resulting due date
August 9, 2010 - August 14, 2010/ May 5, 2011
September 6, 2010 - September 11, 2010 /June 2, 2011
October 4, 2010 - October 9, 2010/ June 30, 2011

I think that's my cut off, honestly. If we aren't pg before then, I'm really going to think about waiting a few months b/c I don't want to be heavily pg over the summer again. Just a personal preference, and I have every right to change my mind! Lol!

Nothing much to stalk yet but the whatevering has begun, still waiting to O but I know it's coming. I'm horny as a toad and have abundant ewcm! Exciting stuff!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 381 Old 07-11-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I don't know what this means in terms of a temp drop indicating . My temp shot way up this morning. I took it about 30-45 minutes earlier than usual. Ovusoft adjusted it and put it at 98.2. No yet, either, but my lp is sometimes 13 days long.
My temp usually doesn't drop until the 1st full day of AF. *sometimes* it drops the morning before, but that's rare. even last month, I still had a pretty high temp and started AF in the evening, and then the next day it was low.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#123 of 381 Old 07-11-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

And I also calculated fertile weeks and due dates for the next few months!

Fertile days /Resulting due date
August 9, 2010 - August 14, 2010/ May 5, 2011
September 6, 2010 - September 11, 2010 /June 2, 2011
October 4, 2010 - October 9, 2010/ June 30, 2011

I think that's my cut off, honestly. If we aren't pg before then, I'm really going to think about waiting a few months b/c I don't want to be heavily pg over the summer again. Just a personal preference, and I have every right to change my mind! Lol!

Nothing much to stalk yet but the whatevering has begun, still waiting to O but I know it's coming. I'm horny as a toad and have abundant ewcm! Exciting stuff!

I did some calculating, too, and for the same reason (not wanting to be pregnant and maybe even homebirthing in our hot, NYC apt. next summer), but I don't know if I have the willpower to go back to avoiding if I'm not pg by October. I might just take my lumps if that happens.

Good luck in the "whatevering" weeks ahead!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#124 of 381 Old 07-11-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
My temp usually doesn't drop until the 1st full day of AF. *sometimes* it drops the morning before, but that's rare. even last month, I still had a pretty high temp and started AF in the evening, and then the next day it was low.
As far as I know from all the charts I've had since 2001, my temp usually stays high through . That's one reason I don't temp during and I don't feel the need to temp during my lp once O is confirmed. My temps don't tell me anything about coming or not. I decided to temp a day or two before was due this time to see since I've been taking the maca. So, I don't know that the temp drop yesterday and/or the temp jump today mean anything at all other than my usual temp fluctuations.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#125 of 381 Old 07-11-2010, 12:07 PM

SOOO we are officially whatevering!! DP asked about school and I said, school will go on, pregnant or not. It might be more challenging at times, but doable.

Just in time for to show at work last night around 9 PM. TOTALLY unprepared. But I'm happy. I have not had a period in 6 months. So CD1 for me. Meaning I SHOULD O somewhere around the day or two around our wedding day this month (July 30th) which would put me due right around DD1's bday, April 22.

We are heading out for a lil family time until 3 when I have to go to work. Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!

MW- hope you and DH are having a nice reunion.

Torre , Momma to Abrielle (4/07) and Annalise (7/09), Birthdoula, CNA, Aspiring Nurse, and wanna-be baby catcher. I ATE MY !
#126 of 381 Old 07-11-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommatoAandA View Post
SOOO we are officially whatevering!! DP asked about school and I said, school will go on, pregnant or not. It might be more challenging at times, but doable.

Just in time for to show at work last night around 9 PM. TOTALLY unprepared. But I'm happy. I have not had a period in 6 months. So CD1 for me. Meaning I SHOULD O somewhere around the day or two around our wedding day this month (July 30th) which would put me due right around DD1's bday, April 22.
CD1 seems like it can be a beautiful thing when you haven't had AF in a while! Congratulations.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#127 of 381 Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 PM

Dropping in to say hi everyone! My in-laws should be arriving sometime tonight so I'm trying to get the house clean in between throwing up and napping... I can't wait to hit the 2nd trimester.

MW - I hope your DH is home soon! I can't imagine the level of anticipation everyone has with him being gone so long. My DH used to travel for work but he was typically only gone a week at a time, nothing compared to the wait you have.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#128 of 381 Old 07-11-2010, 01:51 PM

We're moving in August next year so I need a few months between birth and the move. I think if we don't conceive in this next cycle we're going to call it quits most likely. Technically we could wait until I'd give birth in NY but I don't know how I feel about that, the new baby would be less than 6 months at the time DH deploys.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#129 of 381 Old 07-11-2010, 09:30 PM

My birthday is March 30th. How neat!

Ugh. Charting this cycle is making me looney. I thought I O'ed, but my temp dropped this morning. I'm also having more EWCM. It's like hanging out of me. I am so confused.

Christie, DP to Kevin, mama to DD Morgen (12/07) & DSS Matthew (7/03)
#130 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 AM

mommatoana - I am with you! AF finally arrived! I haven't checked FF yet, but I am pretty sure this was a 60 day cycle, will start temping after AF!

MW hope your reunion is fantastic! went on Lejeune for fireworks this year, we loved it! except for the annoucer lady who kept saying camp lejeRne :irk your 6 year old sounds so sweet!

I used to be picky about due dates, not anymore! except for december, Christmas overshadows birthdays then.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#131 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 AM

Sorry ladies for being such a bad buddy. Its hard to keep up with the swing shifts I work. I worked fri & sat night, slept yesterday. Have today off and have to be up early with DS. then Im back to working tomorrow night & wed night...sleep thurs during the day..ugh...!! my sched. is predictable but not consistent and I HATE it! I hate working at night and getting my sleep sched. all messed up.

Anyway, my 28th bday is friday. I think Im on CD 9, but started with a mild yeast infection yesterday so now Im on Diflucan. DH started coming down with a cold yesterday as well, so now hes sick. Not fun! I hope that DS & I can be spared his cold for my upcoming bday weekend since we have plans to go out of town to my aunts. And I hope DH will be better by then. ANd I hope my YI down there will be all healed so we can get some BDing on.

Hope you all are doing well. Not high hopes for pg anytime soon for me, like I said, DH W/D's, so I doubt we will get pg from that, unless he has a slip up.

Good Luck everyone else!
#132 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 AM

Not much to report here. No real O pains yet, which to me seems weird but I'm trying to be very "whatever" about it. I'm on CD12. Here's my chart if anyone wants to peek.

Nora's been skipping naps lately and going to be early, like by 8. It's so nice. I mean, don't get me wrong - love my little girl, but the break is nice and DH and I get plenty of time together at night!

#133 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
mommatoana - I am with you! AF finally arrived! I haven't checked FF yet, but I am pretty sure this was a 60 day cycle, will start temping after AF!

MW hope your reunion is fantastic! went on Lejeune for fireworks this year, we loved it! except for the annoucer lady who kept saying camp lejeRne :irk your 6 year old sounds so sweet!
for finally showing!

Lejeune is actually pronounced LeJerne with an R sound. Don't ask me why. I've been meaning to look it up but haven't gotten around to it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#134 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 AM

Hi ladies! So CD2 for me. Temped this AM just for kicks since its been so long, I never used to temp during AF, but I figure eh, why not.

I used to ovulate on CD 18. Not sure if I still do. I also had short luteal phases as well. I'm actually excited to see what my body is doing.

I have the next 3 days off from work. I have to study for my Human Biology test (it's tomorrow). Gonna go stalk some used cloth diapers for sale online. lol have a great day ladies!

Torre , Momma to Abrielle (4/07) and Annalise (7/09), Birthdoula, CNA, Aspiring Nurse, and wanna-be baby catcher. I ATE MY !
#135 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM

Huh, I lived at Lejeune, or nearby, for 12 years and no one ever pronounced it that way! (but then, you know, we could be so wrong! Learn something new everyday!) at any rate, it was a lot of fun, and the first time DH had ever been, and he really liked it, and DS (7 months) laughed at the cannons!

When I worked nights/days combo I usually would sleep until 12 (about 4 hours) so I could be awake during the day, and go to sleep my regular time(10-11 pm) to sort of reset my internal clock. the 4 hour sleep was enough to be able to function during the day, b/c if I slept a "full" sleep, I wouldn't be able to go to sleep and wake up at a regular time the next day. I don't miss those days!

T, have fun stalking! Now my stash is built up, I avoid the FSOT boards, b/c it makes me crazy wanting to spend money on all the new cute stuff! good luck on your test

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#136 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Huh, I lived at Lejeune, or nearby, for 12 years and no one ever pronounced it that way!
Yeah, most everyone I know pronounces it JeJune but the newscasters and such have started pronouncing it LeJerne. Maybe it's something that was just recently figured out. I heard a bunch of people talking about it at the hair salon about 6 months or so ago because there was a story about it in the newspaper or something. We've only been here for about 3 years so I don't know the history of it all. It's a French name so I suspect the pronunciation is actually somewhere in between. It's not a complete and full R sound or a complete and full U sound. I don't know how to write out the French pronunciation.

Correct Pronunciation of LeJeune

Some of the comments underneath the article are pretty funny.

#137 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Huh, I lived at Lejeune, or nearby, for 12 years and no one ever pronounced it that way! (but then, you know, we could be so wrong! Learn something new everyday!) at any rate, it was a lot of fun, and the first time DH had ever been, and he really liked it, and DS (7 months) laughed at the cannons!

When I worked nights/days combo I usually would sleep until 12 (about 4 hours) so I could be awake during the day, and go to sleep my regular time(10-11 pm) to sort of reset my internal clock. the 4 hour sleep was enough to be able to function during the day, b/c if I slept a "full" sleep, I wouldn't be able to go to sleep and wake up at a regular time the next day. I don't miss those days!

T, have fun stalking! Now my stash is built up, I avoid the FSOT boards, b/c it makes me crazy wanting to spend money on all the new cute stuff! good luck on your test
I SOLD MY WHOLE STASH A FEW MONTHS AGO! LOL.. OOPS. So I have to get to work on a new one. HEE HEE.

#138 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 12:00 PM

My chart. Still no . No temp drop either.

I have a bunch of CD stuff that I've been meaning to sell. I haven't been through it all in forever. Ever since they changed the FSOT board on here I've found it difficult to get that stuff sold.

#139 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 12:54 PM

Hi ladies. I wasn't going to sub this month but I changed my mind. I talked to DH and it sounds like maybe next month we can stop avoiding. I'm not up for it this month. So next month I'll be here with you all for real (and maybe on the TTC board depending on my mood ), and this month I'm going to lurk and stalk again.

This thread is even more hopping than the CTA thread now....wow.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#140 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 02:12 PM

Mel, yay! on the possibility of not avoiding!

Talking with DH, I don't think we will truly be not avoiding until around November . . .he starts massage therapy school then, and doesn't want the baby to arrive until after, and it is a 9 month program. Until then, it seems it will be condoms, at least up to and through O. (funny, he used one when we DTD 2 days ago, which was the 1st time in a little over a month, I just rolled my eyes in my head, b/c I was pretty sure I was no where near fertile then! and I was right, since AF is here today!) This though, falls more in line with what I originally "planned" when DS was born; to TTC after his 1st b'day. (I just got baby fever earlier than I thought I would!)

MW - I thought it must be a recent thing! that is funny!

as for FSOT, have either of you been to diaperswappers.com? the board format is identical to here, and it is hopping!

#141 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Not much to report here. My temp is staying up, so I'm starting to believe FF that I O'ed. We had a few days of hot weather and I was pretty sure the room wasn't all that different a night with adjustments (took off one blanket and turned the fan on) but it cooled way down last night and even though I felt cold, my temp was still up. I read that it can take several months to get back to normal after going off the pill, but I hope my next cycle is normal!

Barefoot Scientist, akind1~ it seems like there's a lot of us who are only kinda-sorta here! Hopefully time goes fast... although it might be worth the wait if it means having a live-in massage therapist through pregnancy!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#142 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 03:42 PM

Teresa, LOL, you may be right! I would love to at least be pregnant, if not have, #2 before I turn 30, and that will be next October (2011). If it is a boy, his name is already settled - Theodore Edward. We are up in the air with girl names.

and yay! on O'ing! I am hoping my body settles down to some sort of a regular pattern soon! no more of this 46 and 60 day cycle mess!

#143 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 05:01 PM

Teresa ~ Those are some funny temps but I guess it is O.

I did try to sell some stuff on diaperswappers but I never got a hit. I didn't take much time to really figure out that board. It may have been because that was basically all I posted. I wasn't active on any of the boards.

#144 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 05:24 PM

maybe, they do have some funny rules about things - like for swaps you have to 500 posts, good feedback on a couple different sites, etc. for someone like me that doesn't buy/sell/trade much that is kind of alot.

I went on originally for better local stuff (there aren't many SC mamas active on MDC) but it seems to be the same there. oh well.

#145 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Teresa, LOL, you may be right! I would love to at least be pregnant, if not have, #2 before I turn 30, and that will be next October (2011). If it is a boy, his name is already settled - Theodore Edward. We are up in the air with girl names.

and yay! on O'ing! I am hoping my body settles down to some sort of a regular pattern soon! no more of this 46 and 60 day cycle mess!
Ha ha, 35 is my 'best before' date! I know pregnancy is safe after that, but I'm also thinking of my kids ages... I'd like to get through the terrible twos before I have teenagers... I agreed to ONE more because SO missed out on raising kids up to age 4.

MW~ if I drew the cross hairs myself, I think I would have put it 3 days earlier with the cover line in the 36.3- 36.4 range, and disregard the one low temp after O. Regardless, *something* happened because I haven't maintained a high temp longer thank a day or two before...

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#146 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post
MW~ if I drew the cross hairs myself, I think I would have put it 3 days earlier with the cover line in the 36.3- 36.4 range, and disregard the one low temp after O. Regardless, *something* happened because I haven't maintained a high temp longer thank a day or two before...
Oh, I can see that. You wouldn't necessarily have to ignore that one low temp. It could be a fallback rise. The fertile CF through cd59 confuses things, though, since you are supposed to have 3 high temps plus 4 days of CF before being able to absolutely confirm O.

As far as pg cut off ages, mine was originally 30 but that didn't work out so well since I wasn't married until after I turned 30. Then it became 35 but that didn't work because it took us so long to have ds2. Then it was 40, which is where I am now, and that has sort of stuck. I don't want to TTC any more but I wouldn't mind having another baby. My dh is against having another so...

#147 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

I lurk almost daily at diaperswappers, in the FSOT, but I haven't paid any attention tot he rest of the boards. I keep telling myself I need to go slowlllly. That said, I bought 6 diapers about two weeks ago, and then last week I stopped at AMP diapers (they're made in my city) and picked my very first brand new cloth diaper. Even DH said he's excited to use them now though, so money well spent!

I am not fertile yet, a bit too early in my cycle, but DH is working 73 HOURS THIS WEEK. I doubt there will be much BD'ing, which kind of sucks since I will *probably* ovulate this weekend. He works two overnight shifts on the weekend, a 12 hour and a 16 hour with only 8 hours off in between. Stupid stupid stupid job. I am not temping this cycle until I get EW, and even then, I might just chart my CF, and leave temps. I'm undecided. It seems very weird not to be temping every morning!

I'll be 25 next week which is much much older than I planned of having my first. DH only wants two children, I'd prefer 3 or 4... I don't have a cutoff age in mind, but that could change. Right now, I just want them close together, but again, DH and I disagree about that!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#148 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 PM

In my mind I'd like to be done having children by the time I'm 40. I've got 11 years, so we have some time.

I would love to go to Vegas with a group of girls for my 40th bday. So, I'd like to have kids old enough I can leave home w/Dad and not feel guilty about it!

I almost broke down and OPKed. Luckily I have none in the house and I'm potty training DD and couldn't leave. Otherwise I'd so have been peeing on one! LOL!

#149 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 PM

After the conversation I had with dh today, I think he'll be avoiding. We got into a big thing that all boiled down to him being worried about money and retirement and feeling like we have more kids than he can financially support already. He could retire from the military as young as 52. It never occurred to me that he might actually want to fully retire then. I seriously doubt he'd be able to even without the kids but that's another issue. I don't know what to say about that since I think it's pointless to worry about a future that we may not even have much less be in control of.

I was only half-heartedly trying to sell my CDs since I'm not completely done having babies. Maybe I should get going on that.

In case I didn't mention it before, I knit soakers, shorts and longies (not for money or anything). I've never knit a skirtie but I'm sure it's not much more difficult than anything else I've knit. I've got some patterns but not had a girl to knit for yet. So...if anyone happens to get pg and wants one, lmk.

#150 of 381 Old 07-12-2010, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

I would *love* to know how much it would cost for shorties/longies. It's one of the things I keep lusting over, and then looking at the cost, and gulping. I plan on crocheting a couple covers, but it's not the same as knitted longies.

It's so odd seeing different perspectives on things. Both DH and I came from families that did not pay for college whatsoever, and we've both said we were ok with that. So for us personally, paying for college isn't something that we factor into how many children we will have. But it seems like we're in the minority. Most people do worry about that.

DH and I honestly aren't really prepared for retirement at all. I keep feeling like we're too young, and especially when we're still paying off student loans, it just seems 'early', even though I know the smart thing to do would be to start now. I think in the back of my mind, I keep just thinking that DH is going into a city job, as a paramedic, and will have a decent retirement set up through that. But still, we do need to get our butts in gear and start saving for this!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page