Paragard problems? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I know there were a few threads on this a while back but I can't seem to find them. Anyhow, has anyone been having issues with your paragard?

The most common issues i've heard of are extra long, heavy, painful periods.

However, the only issue out of those i've experienced is a somewhat heavier period. (instead of using regular tampons, i now use supers)

I seem to be experiencing some of the rarer complications. I've found listed online that back pain can be a complication, but it is unspecific as to where or how painful or the type of pain.

I've been experiencing lower back pain on my left side mostly that feels like sciatica as it shoots down my left leg at times. It comes and goes throughout the month but is worst just before my period and during my period. Sometimes the pain just radiates through my lower back and burns. The pain is also worse with standing. I didn't have this kind of pain before I had the IUD put in. I have experienced the pain in the months before my period returned and then stronger once it returned. At first it was just annoying, and then nearly incapacitating at times. I heard a few people say it could be back pain due to the body trying to reject the foreign object.

The other thing i've experienced that i'm not entirely sure if it's related or not is a change to the length of my cycle. I've only heard a few others complain of this, but my cycle has become a LOT shorter. It seems to be coming every 20-24 days instead of every 28 days. Every month it's a little earlier. My cycle was pretty regular the first couple of months when it came back but now it's shortened. So idk if that's related or not, but it's annoying.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#2 of 3 Old 07-13-2010, 09:43 PM

I haven't experienced those side effects in particular, but you could comb through the thread on Page 2 called "Copper IUD Side Effects". Sorry, I don't know how to link to it!
#3 of 3 Old 07-13-2010, 11:03 PM

I have had my paragard for almost 2 yrs now. At first my periods were every 28days and very very heavy. Then it became super light and was every 5 wks. Now it is getting to be normal and every 28 days again. I can now feel when I ovulate (cramping) and I never could before I got the paragard.

I have never experienced the back pain like you describe. I would put a call into your obgyn and see what they say.

Good luck

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page