I don't know what to do!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had 4 C-sections and was told after my last one that my uterus was in such bad shape that if I would have carried my son(born 12wks early) to full term that my uterus would have probably ruptured and my sons and my own life would have been in danger. After his birth, I had the Mirena IUD inserted. I was very sure that we would not have any more kids!!! We lost our 2nd child due to a doctor goof up!!-- So we have 1 girl and 2 boys at home. I applied for the family planning medicaid and was going to have my tubes tied because I hate how the IUD makes me feel!!-- Since having that put in, I seem to stay aggravated all the time and the smallest things bother me alot!! So, anyway, I was just going to have my tubes tied, but now that just seems so permanent!!! I would love to have another baby(girl) years down the road. I know its not a smart decision with the condition of my uterus, but just feel like later I am going to want that baby sooo bad that it mite be worth the risk. I don't know what to do. My husbands work doesn't provide insurance and with me being a diabetic, just paying for insurance isn't an option-- Medicaid will pay for the tubal, but i'm sure later on it won't pay to have it reversed. -- And I'm sure the hubby wouldn't go for that. He is fine with the kids we have and would not want me to put my self in danger for another one. Men just don't understand these things. -- And right now, I do not want anymore kids either, but I'm sure that years down the road I may want another one, and it just seems that if I get a tubal, then another baby can't even be considered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I know how you feel. It is a hard decision.

I don't have such a medical danger with pregnancy but I'm really afraid that if I have ppd again that it will ruin my family permanently. So from that perspective, I know how you feel. I don't have insurance, am unhappy with every birth control method but am just not sure I want to take such a permanent step.

So, no answers from me, just empathy.
#3 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 11:35 PM

UGH! I'm a Mama of 4, with 3 c-sections...and I had my tubes tied after my last baby (finally a GIRL!!! lol) I was thinking my poor body couldn't handle another pregnancy, so I had it done. Now 4 1/2 years later, I'm experiencing some SERIOUS baby lust. Like really, really, bad...I'm 30 years old...I think it's my clock ticking away, and I'm thinking I would enjoy it more because I'm older and more mature...settled down, ya know? I wouldn't have done it if I knew then what I know now
I have terrible periods...really bad ones, so painful...I was always a 3 day light girl...after all the kids...now it's a friggin 7 day mission. I have no help for you other than trust your gut, and wait till you're positive that your family is complete. I'm putting it out there that I'm ready for a new baby...now I'm just waiting for the the Universe to do it's thing.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
#4 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 11:39 PM

Will medicaid pay for a vasectomy?

Just a thought. It's much easier to get it reversed if necessary.
#5 of 8 Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 PM

You could always consider using a surrogate if you really want a baby down the road....your biological child, just carried by someone else. Extreme, I know, but perhaps a better solution than risking your life and that of an unborn baby!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#6 of 8 Old 07-21-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
You could always consider using a surrogate if you really want a baby down the road....your biological child, just carried by someone else. Extreme, I know, but perhaps a better solution than risking your life and that of an unborn baby!

Cindy
Yeah, I was going to suggest adoption, but surrogacy would be a great option too. There's even a few mamas on here who have done it, so you could talk with them for more information I'm sure.

I'm not at your stage, so who knows, maybe I'll take it back later, but I do have a sister in law who has had three high risk pregnancies, three c-sections and three nicu babies, and been told not to have more babies, but is ignoring the recommendation. I couldn't do it. Not with three children at home, I could not risk my life, or that of another child. I would find other options to complete my family.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#7 of 8 Old 07-31-2010, 03:09 PM

Have you thought about a copper IUD?

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#8 of 8 Old 07-31-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishmommy View Post
Have you thought about a copper IUD?
I did that and it made my periods AWFUL! 2x as long, came 2x a month, it was terrible.

I stuck it out for about 6 months, then said forget this!

Have you tried using FAM?

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page