Pregnancy after tubes tied.. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-17-2010, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just wondering if anyone here actually knows of people who have gotten pregnant after getting their tubes tied. I know of a couple..personally. But I think its because the tubal never actually took, kwim?
I wonder if the chances are more higher than medical books/medical types say?!

Anyone of YOU ladies know of anyone?

-just curious..:

Mom to the best 4 little men ever! chicken3.gif
#2 of 9 Old 07-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Yes I have heard of one case too.
Also there are options of reversing the tubal knots,and there are people who have done that too.
#3 of 9 Old 07-19-2010, 03:49 AM

I have a friend who got pregnant after her tubes had been tied for 12 years. She had a miscarriage though, so I'm not sure if it was an intrauterine pregnancy.
#4 of 9 Old 07-19-2010, 03:58 AM

Yes my aunt got pg 13yrs after having a tubal. The Dr. felt it was in the tubes and did surgery which showed nothing there but the surgery resulted in her having a m/c the baby was in her uterus and the u/s was seeing scar tissue.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 9 Old 07-24-2010, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

I was asking because I had my tubal ligation done in 03 after my 4th child/section, and NOW I am 3 weeks late. I haven't tested yet because I have had late periods in the past, but none in the past year, and not as late as THIS. So I've been just sitting on it..per say. I'm getting all the classic signs of pregnancy. Tender boobs, mild sickness, mood swings, a very annoying sharp sense of smell, tired all the time, and eating like a pig!
I really think it's just a late period due to other unknown circumstances, but I know it's not totally impossible.

Anyone here know of anyone who has actually gotten pregnant while having their tubes tied? I will test soon, most likely when I build up the pee..or tomorrow with FMU.

Mom to the best 4 little men ever! chicken3.gif
#6 of 9 Old 07-31-2010, 03:50 AM

One of my good friends got pregnant after having her tubes "tied". I don't know exactly what method they actually used. I'd have to ask her. I do know that she had it done sometime in the late 80s or early 90s, and her daughter was born in '96. My friend was 35 years old when she gave birth to her daughter.

The age at which you undergo a tubal ligation, the timeframe since the tubal ligation, and the method used all determine the statistical failure rate.

“The cumulative 10-year failure rate with each method of tubal ligation is as follows: spring clip method is 3.7%, bipolar coagulation is 2.5%, interval partial salpingectomy (partial removal of tubes) is 2%, silicone rubber bands is 2%, and postpartum salpingectomy (tubes cut after delivery) is 0.8%.”

Failure rate increases over time. Failure rates are higher the younger you are at the time of the procedure.

So, if you were 18-27 years old at the time of the procedure, the failure rate now (seven years later) would be 0.78%. If you were 28-33 years old at the time of the procedure, the failure rate would be 0.56%. If you were 34 years or older, the failure rate would be 0.38%.

Good luck!
#7 of 9 Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacitac View Post
I was asking because I had my tubal ligation done in 03 after my 4th child/section, and NOW I am 3 weeks late. I haven't tested yet because I have had late periods in the past, but none in the past year, and not as late as THIS. So I've been just sitting on it..per say. I'm getting all the classic signs of pregnancy. Tender boobs, mild sickness, mood swings, a very annoying sharp sense of smell, tired all the time, and eating like a pig!
I really think it's just a late period due to other unknown circumstances, but I know it's not totally impossible.

Anyone here know of anyone who has actually gotten pregnant while having their tubes tied? I will test soon, most likely when I build up the pee..or tomorrow with FMU.

Update?

Resistance is futile Matey
#8 of 9 Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 PM

several! One with a set of twins! Don't mess with the Creator!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#9 of 9 Old 10-29-2012, 12:33 PM

I was looking for someone to answer this very same question. I have mine tied during an emergency c-section in July of 2000 and now I'm 3 weeks late with all the symptoms of pregnancy. I'm scared senseless at this point. 42 and pregnant?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page