My body is rejecting my IUD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-20-2010, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone!

I have had my 3rd IUD put in 5months ago as an emergency contraception. The first IUD I lost within a few days (Mirena). The second one I lost last year and the third one is already on it's way out.
Do you think my body is trying to tell me that this is unhealthy?
I have pretty much no oher way of BC since I can not use any hormones for clotting reasons.
I have a very regular cycle and am 36 years old.

How are you doing on FAM?
Is it hard to be disciplined during the fertile days?

Thanks for you answers!

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-20-2010, 07:02 AM

I cant use hormones either. IUDs freak me out Some bodies just reject them, they're foreign objects and that's what bodies do

I'm 20, have two children that were both planned and only use protection (condoms) during my fertile period (when avoiding) or when I am breastfeeding and don't want to risk getting pregnant (don't want to lose my milk supply just yet!). I'm fertile myrtle- trust me. I also chart my bbt daily (not while breastfeeding though) and have very predictable temps and cycle patterns... so not hard.

I'd say start charting your temps so that you can see your fertile period and successfully avoid

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#3 of 3 Old 07-20-2010, 04:56 PM

Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? Start there and see if it is something you are interested in. I chart my temp and check my cervical fluid and get a pretty clear picture of what is going on ovulation-wise.
As far as being disiplined, well, I'd like to say that we abstain during my fertile time, but that is not always the case as I am usually more, um, interested during that time. I use a diaphragm with spermicide then. We prefer it over condoms as we can't even feel it.

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page