The August 'Whatever' Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 491 Old 08-14-2010, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Yeah, ditch the special cup and STOP TEMPING. Seriously woman, are you TRYING to give yourself something to worry about? I know with your history you might think it's going to give you peace of mind, but I think it's going to make you go bananas! That temp is still super high and w/darker tests you need to stop the insanity!!
I know. Every night when I go to bed I tell myself I'm not going to temp in the morning. But when I wake up I just can't help myself. Plus, if I suddenly stop temping, it might alert my dh. I'm down to 3 IC hpts and then I'm out so I'll stop testing then. At least for a while. I might still take a random test here and there. If I can get in to see the MFM doc this coming week and I get an u/s and see a heartbeat, I might be able to stop testing completely.

Oh, and I didn't know what to do at dinner last night. DH came home with tuna steaks. A big no no when pg. At least I could use the kids as a reason not to get fish like that in the future. On top of that, he only seared it so it was rare. I did eat a little.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 491 Old 08-14-2010, 10:49 AM

I ate rare tuna when pregnant but only on very rare occasions, as a treat. (I also put lots of wasabi on it!) I figure pregnant women elsewhere don't avoid it . . .why should I?

I had a bunch of random hpts in the house when I got pregnant with DS. I took one almost every day until I ran out. I couldn't help myself! LOL until you see a heartbeat, or feel movement, it is nice to have that reassurance.

FWIW, I did think you can have some tuna, just not a lot, due to the mercury content. (granted they say to cook it through, but if they did that I wouldn't eat it. It isn't the same!)

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#243 of 491 Old 08-14-2010, 11:06 AM

MW, it's good to hear you're almost out of hpts. I don't think you should worry about a random lower temp, especially if it was taken early.

I got crosshairs today. I did discard one temp so that they look prettier, but that temp was off anyway. Now...I wait. Chart.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#244 of 491 Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM

Oh MW. I obviously can't imagine the place you're in, but I hope for your sake you're able to get an ultrasound or such soon. You should be able to enjoy this time, not have to be stressing and on edge eevry day. It's not fair.

AFM: I think it's less about willpower than dislike of seeing a negative. I have one test in the house, and I would be really ecstatic if that was the only one I needed to take.

As for how to tell DH, I actually have it completely planned out, and even partially ready, because I had to order something. He has said in the past he is NOT a fan of the test being wrapped up, so that was nixed. I ordered a newborn onesie that says "My daddy saves lives, What does your daddy do?" The plan is to wrap it up, onesie on top, with a card on the bottom that is a "daddy" or a congratulations card. I'll pick whatever 'holiday' is closest. He won't think much of the onesie, because I pick up little baby things here and there, but the Daddy card should do the trick!!

That said... if I find out a week before he's home, I'm not sure how I'll keep it a secret.

For all the "do nots" during pregnancy, I think some of them are going to far. I figure I don't drink, I don't smoke, I eat fairly healthy, I take my vitamins, I get my exercise, I don't put myself into dangerous situations... so gosh darn it, if I want to have a coffee every two days, or eat a turkey sandwich-- then I'm going to do it.

ps guys... I've woken up the last two mornings with serious sickness, and I know, I KNOW, that it's nothing, but I need someone to remind me that it's too early before I break out my google and start trying to make it mean something.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#245 of 491 Old 08-14-2010, 02:56 PM

Mel ~ Looks good.

Katrina ~ Yeah, you're not supposed to eat the large fish because of the higher mercury content. I think they say one serving a month is probably ok. I normally wouldn't worry about it but since I'm still so early and I've had so many m/cs I don't want to do anything that might contribute to another one. If something did happen, I'd always wonder if I contributed to it. For example, when I m/ced last summer the baby died right around the time that I was weaning myself off of antidepressants. I can't help but wonder if the baby died either because I was taking antidepressants or because I decided to wean myself off of them. I don't feel guilty because I know there was nothing I could have done about that at the time but I do wonder. Once I get to the 2nd trimester, I won't be so concerned. Spicy tuna is my fave sushi!

Ok, so I decided we should clean out our storage area inside the house today. DH is the one who organizes all of that stuff. When he's gone I just throw random stuff in there wherever so it becomes a big, jumbled mess. Well, a lot of the stuff in there is baby stuff, like a swing, an Amby bed, clothes and other stuff. DH was going through the box with my nursing pillows. He pulled one out and asked if we needed to keep it. I said, "I don't know." He just shrugged, said, "OK," and threw it back in the box. Then he started packing more baby stuff on top. He didn't ask if any of it needed to go in the yard sale/give away pile. Hmmmm...

We're going to the mall today to get 6yo ds' hair cut. I think I'll pop by the Hallmark store and see if they have any appropriate cards.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#246 of 491 Old 08-14-2010, 05:06 PM

I'm w/MW on the miscarriage/what you "should/shouldn't" do issue. My mom lost a baby probably due to listeriosis, and I really wonder about caffeine (from chocolate!) with my miscarriage.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#247 of 491 Old 08-14-2010, 08:28 PM

I didn't find anything fun at the mall. The Hallmark store only had one Daddy-to-be card and it was a congratulatory card. It didn't sound right for me to give to my dh. I looked for a "Big Brother" shirt for my youngest but couldn't find one of those, either. Maybe I'll just text him a photo of my hpts. Actually, now I want to wait again. The longer I go without telling him the harder it is to say. I've looked at him a few times and thought I was ready to tell him but couldn't get the words out.

#248 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
I'm w/MW on the miscarriage/what you "should/shouldn't" do issue. My mom lost a baby probably due to listeriosis, and I really wonder about caffeine (from chocolate!) with my miscarriage.
Oh I completely understand how it changes after miscarriages. Even back in April when there was a -chance- I could have been pregnant, I was sick to my stomach thinking about the dental medication/stress I was undertaking... worried that it would cause something to happen. And that was even without for sure being pregnant.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#249 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 09:23 AM

Ok - can SOMEBODY explain to my WHY FF moved my CH's to CD15?? This makes no sense!

Oh -- and good morning!

chart

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#250 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Ok - can SOMEBODY explain to my WHY FF moved my CH's to CD15?? This makes no sense!

Oh -- and good morning!

chart
Haha! Good morning to you, too.

I think that it's maybe discounting the open circle temps on cds9 and 11 and moving over to use earlier temps. So to get 6 pre-O temps it has to use cds 7 and 8, which would put your CL at 97.3. But your cd15 temp isn't above and you have ewcf for that day so it's moving your O day over. Of course, if it were true that you couldn't confirm O until after cd15, you'd have to go all the way to cd19 and put your CL at 97.6. I think it's wrong. CD14 looks very clear to me whether using FAM or NFP.

There are a few things you can do to see if the s/w will change it back. First, you could try changing the O dectector. Second, you could remove the ewcf on cd15. Third, you could adjust those open circle temps. I think you said they were taken later than usual, right? So they would be adjusted lower and that would make the thermal shift starting cd15 even more clear.

Normally, I wouldn't suggest doing all of that but I really think it's very clear that cd14 was the day.

#251 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 10:15 AM

Thank you MW!
Removing the EW did it. I left the temps adjusted too, b/c even though it didn't change the ch's, it makes more sense to have all the temps adjusted if I'm going to do it at all.

UGHHGHGH. This waiting game blows.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#252 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 11:31 AM

I need to "talk" about something and don't have anywhere else but here because you guys know my situation. So, I apologize from the beginning for dumping this on you guys again.

Yesterday I had some women jump all over me for not telling my dh that I'm pg. They basically told me that I was being cruel to my dh and I must have a horrible relationship if I couldn't tell him I'm pg and none of them would do that to their dhes after trying so hard to get pg. I tried to explain my situation with the multiple chem pgs and that we weren't really trying to get pg and that my dh would rather not know at this point. All I got back were a bunch of angry words about how I should tell my dh right now and how happy they'd be just to be pg and how nice it would be to get pg every time they dtd with their dhes. Of course, they hadn't experienced multiple miscarriages. I told them it's not all that nice when you miscarry more often than not. At the end of the day, you still don't have a baby. It all really hurt my feelings.

#253 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 11:43 AM

Were these women IRL or online?? How awful!

None of us and none of them have been in your shoes. You KNOW your DH, and you know what's best for your family and your relationship. I can't stand how some people think they know whats best no matter what the situation, and feel they can attack others or make judgements based on one thing. Ugh. Maddening.

Don't worry about it. Shake them off.

#254 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Were these women IRL or online?? How awful!

None of us and none of them have been in your shoes. You KNOW your DH, and you know what's best for your family and your relationship. I can't stand how some people think they know whats best no matter what the situation, and feel they can attack others or make judgements based on one thing. Ugh. Maddening.

Don't worry about it. Shake them off.
Thanks, Carrie. I'm sorry I keep going on and on about all of this.

They were online. I'm trying to shake it off but I just want to cry. Serves me right, I guess, for going into a TTC chatroom and saying that we weren't TTC and I get pg every time we dtd. I think that produced a bunch of anger in them because they are trying so hard and not getting pg. I've never gotten that kind of reaction before, though. I wasn't saying it to brag. I was trying to explain why I don't get over the moon excited as soon as I get a BFP. Oh, and then they seemed to start questioning if I was who I said I was and if I was really pg.

I forgot to say in my previous post that dealing with all of this and then having another m/c (if it were to happen) would be much harder for me if I told my dh and he was unhappy about the pg. That would make it hurt even more. So, maybe I am being selfish in a way by not telling him yet, but I just can't deal with any negativity about it.

On another note, he just came down and asked if we were keeping or getting rid of the baby swing. I shrugged because I never really used it with any of my boys so I don't feel the need to keep it. OTOH, since we have it we might as well keep it. So then he asked if I did ever use it with the boys and I told him not really. It was like he thought we should keep it jic. I finally told him to keep but he didn't ask or say anything about why.

Do you suppose he knows or at least suspects and just doesn't want to ask? What reason could he have for not asking?

#255 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 11:58 AM

MW Yeah, I think those women are probably just coming from a different place than you, and they do NOT know you and your situation. Don't worry about it.

Baby Cakes, definitely still CD 14.

#256 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 12:04 PM

And don't apologize for talking about it here. We're here for you. 120%.

I think he suspects. I do. I think he's not asking and you're not telling, and you're in a standoff until one of you breaks down.

I'm really crampy today and yesterday. In fact, when my temp was high this morning I was pretty surprised b/c I thought for sure AF was going to come early. I'm still not holding out much hope that she won't show, though.

Thanks, BFS!

#257 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I started a thread about it on the pregnancy board.

Quote:
I think he suspects. I do. I think he's not asking and you're not telling, and you're in a standoff until one of you breaks down.
Yeah, kind of silly, huh? I wish he'd ask cuz then I'd just tell him. As it is right now, every time I think I want to tell him I chicken out.

Quote:
I'm really crampy today and yesterday. In fact, when my temp was high this morning I was pretty surprised b/c I thought for sure AF was going to come early. I'm still not holding out much hope that she won't show, though.
Am I allowed to encourage you or is that not appropriate for a whatevering thread?

#258 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 12:42 PM

MW - was it on Mothering or a different TTC site? Cuz I can't believe anyone here would jump on you like that! I absolutely would do the same thing by not telling DH until you knew it was for sure. i mean you aren't gonna spring it on him 8 months from now when you go into labour.....and you aren't doing it to be deceitful....sheesh, maybe those women are all hopped up on fertility meds and it is giving them hormone rage?
(I am not saying that to be disrespectful of those on fertility meds BTW....) I think everyone is entitled to their opinions, but condemning is wrong. Shake it off.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#259 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
MW - was it on Mothering or a different TTC site? Cuz I can't believe anyone here would jump on you like that! I absolutely would do the same thing by not telling DH until you knew it was for sure. i mean you aren't gonna spring it on him 8 months from now when you go into labour.....and you aren't doing it to be deceitful....sheesh, maybe those women are all hopped up on fertility meds and it is giving them hormone rage?
(I am not saying that to be disrespectful of those on fertility meds BTW....) I think everyone is entitled to their opinions, but condemning is wrong. Shake it off.
Thanks. It wasn't on here. I don't want to say more because I think it would be against the MDC user agreement rules.

to everyone because I need one.

#260 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Am I allowed to encourage you or is that not appropriate for a whatevering thread?
Please send encouragement. I'm feeling quite discouraged. Not stressed, but discouraged. I would love any and all hope any of you can send my way. I'm all about whatevering and not being anal about TTC but when there are good chances of conceiving, 2ww's can really drive you batty!

#261 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Please send encouragement. I'm feeling quite discouraged. Not stressed, but discouraged. I would love any and all hope any of you can send my way. I'm all about whatevering and not being anal about TTC but when there are good chances of conceiving, 2ww's can really drive you batty!
Well, your bd timing is excellent and your temps look like they are going triphasic. I know I say all the time that that doesn't really mean anything and that's true. It doesn't mean anything until it's over, one way or another. However, TCOYF says that all pg charts are triphasic so...

#262 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Well, your bd timing is excellent and your temps look like they are going triphasic. I know I say all the time that that doesn't really mean anything and that's true. It doesn't mean anything until it's over, one way or another. However, TCOYF says that all pg charts are triphasic so...
I agree with MW, fingers crossed for you

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#263 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 PM

Yeah, Baby Cakes, your chart looks really good for a pregnancy. When are you going to test?

I'm 4 dpo. Do I have any cycle buddies on this thread?

#264 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 04:11 PM

Thank you for all the love, everyone! I feel it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Yeah, Baby Cakes, your chart looks really good for a pregnancy. When are you going to test?
I peed on an IC today and got nothing. I'm gonna keep testing every day, prob, until I see something or AF shows. I personally can't believe I held out until 8dpo, honestly!

#265 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 04:40 PM

MW-I think you know your relationship with your DH the best (obviously). I'm sorry you were hurt. You and your family are the only ones that have to live with the choice you have made. As long as you are secure in making the choice you've made, then ignore them. If not, maybe they are challenging you to see things from a different angle. Only you know! Remember they aren't your real friends & family!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#266 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:

That, for everything. No one is in your shoes, and they can't make judgement. It drives me nuts when people think they -know- you because of a few words on a message board somewhere. Yes, we get to know people, but we see a piece of them. And if you're saying it's better to not tell your DH, then all we can do is respect that YOU know your life best.

Babycakes: So sorry, this part sucks so much! I'm somewhere between 5-8dpo I -think-, but my chart doesn't look nearly as pretty as yours. I feel like I may go back to temping next month, just to be able to confirm o, since my CF has been so weird the last two cycles.

#267 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM

MW: sorry you had that experience; it is tough getting backlash in a place that is supposed to be supportive. I am sure you will tell your DH when the time is right, and not a moment sooner. I think he suspects and maybe is allowing you your space.

JJ: I think temping helps maintain sanity. I like knowing where I am in my cycle; it is one less thing to stress about

Carrie, don't blame you on the keep testing. If I had them in the house, I would probably use them too!

Mel, not me, unfortunately. I am still in La-La Land (as in where in La La Land is ???)

I think since I am still nursing, and co sleeping, that maybe that is throwing off my cycle? I am pretty sure I O'd, such a lovely temp shift! but no I didn't catch the eggy. so I don't know when AF will show, I am getting migraines on and off the last few days, which is typical of AF time. ugh. I just wish I knew what to expect!

hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#268 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 08:08 PM

Well, I just started spotting.

#269 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 PM

Oh, MW! No, no, no!!! Get off your feet & call the MFM 1st thing in the morning!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#270 of 491 Old 08-15-2010, 08:37 PM

MW

Don't give up yet. I had spotting in my pregnancy with DS and everything was fine...I know that's probably not going to make you feel better.

Get some rest. Hang in there. Take care of yourself.

Major sticky vibes.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page