The August CTA/Fertility Awareness Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Yes, it stays around. I didn't use mine for two years, and I signed back in and it still had everything! Pregnancy and lam is two years for me, and it sounds like it's a long time for you, too.
Thanks!!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#122 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
And it's not "unless you have fertile CM," it's only if dry.
This is one of my little pet peeves. I'm sure that most people mean any CF when they say fertile CM but I think we need to be very clear on this thread. If you wait until you have "fertile" CF, which is usually considered watery or ew, it will be too late. If you have any CF other than your BIP, which can't be more wet than sticky, you are potentially fertile and should take precautions. Since spotting right after can obscure sticky or creamy CF, you need to use precautions when you have it. Then if you are dry (or sticky only if that is your BIP) after the spotting stops, you can consider yourself safe until you get any CF.

annie ~ FF has a pregnancy tracking page you could use. I think they have a free basic membership for that, too, but I'm not sure.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#123 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
I know I'm beating a dead horse here & I'm sorry, but again, this is for clarity's sake for everyone who's reading. Doering is earliest O -7=last safe day, and NFP adds "if dry." So if your earliest O was CD 15, then your last safe day would be CD 8. And it's not "unless you have fertile CM," it's only if dry. Doering's group did not use CM so theoretically it may not matter, but obviously observing and using backup/abstaining/etc in the presence of CM would be safer. One thing that's nice about CTA is you can exercise varying degrees of caution based on how important it is to avoid...
I thought it was 6 days for some reason... oops. And basically any CF is fertile since even sticky can keep sperm alive till the more fertile stuff arrives soon after, right? So I meant dry. There has been a time or two when I found a tiny bit of something and really wanted to dtd one more time before trying to abstain for a week and convinced myself it's just a tiny tiny bit so it's no big deal... I guess that's the varying degrees of caution you were referring to, which I agree is nice. But I didn't do that this month anyway.
I POAS again today and still got negative. I'm thinking it's probably pretty accurate at this point.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ab1c6
#124 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smylingeyz View Post
And basically any CF is fertile since even sticky can keep sperm alive till the more fertile stuff arrives soon after, right? So I meant dry.
That's what I was talking about earlier. Because a lot of people think of fertile CF as only watery or ew we need to be very careful and very clear with the words we use on this thread. For TTC purposes, sticky and creamy are not really considered fertile. It's important to make it clear that for TTA purposes, any CF is potentially fertile.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#125 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 04:28 PM

Ok ladies, my turn to be confused. My chart is here.

I think AF has either just showed up without a temp drop (I can't remember the last time I had a cycle shorter than 26 days), or I'm spotting, which I've never done before. Is spotting something that happens to other people sometimes? Full disclosure - I'm a bisexual woman who hadn't had sex with a man until the other day, so I don't know if spotting is normal for...that sort of activity. Feeling confused and concerned. Hm.

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#126 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittinanny View Post

I think AF has either just showed up without a temp drop (I can't remember the last time I had a cycle shorter than 26 days), or I'm spotting, which I've never done before. Is spotting something that happens to other people sometimes? Full disclosure - I'm a bisexual woman who hadn't had sex with a man until the other day, so I don't know if spotting is normal for...that sort of activity. Feeling confused and concerned. Hm.
knittinanny - Looking at your chart I'm not sure that you've ovulated.

Do you know how long a "normal" cycle is for you? I see you mention no shorter than 26 days, is that the norm though?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#127 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 05:35 PM

It ranges from 26-29 days, but is usually right around 27 or 28 days. I was looking at my chart again - if I o'd on CD10, which would be early but possible I guess (and was my lowest temp), then 13 days LP would put me at CD1 late tonight/tomorrow. Possible?

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#128 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
It ranges from 26-29 days, but is usually right around 27 or 28 days. I was looking at my chart again - if I o'd on CD10, which would be early but possible I guess (and was my lowest temp), then 13 days LP would put me at CD1 late tonight/tomorrow. Possible?
It's just that to confirm ovulation you are supposed to have 3 temperatures that are at least .2 (in f., not sure about c.) above the past 6. Your temperatures are still somewhat erratic. One of the other ladies might be able to chime in with more info.

ETA: Though I suppose if you nixed the temp on CD9, you could then get a coverline of 36.45?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#129 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Your chart is not coming up for me. I just get a blank page. What CD are you on now? Lowest temp doesn't really mean anything in terms of when you Oed. Like lyterae said, you need 3 consecutive temps above the highest of the previous 6 temps. You don't have to have a temp drop to get , either. I could tell you more, maybe, if I could see your chart. Would you try posting the link again?

#130 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:

I don't see an O on that chart - presuming all the temps are accurately taken. And if it is an annov chart, then sometimes you can get an early or late AF.
But also, you can get random spotting from DTD - the cervix is full of blood vessels that can get irritated by certain positions etc...so i would be more inclined to think that is the likely culprit given your situation.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#131 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Your chart is not coming up for me. I just get a blank page.
It has some extra xml junk at the end of the link -- try: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/15f4cb

That's you, right Knittinanny?

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
#132 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM

Thanks, Beth. I just figured that out right before I read your post about it.

I actually do see O on that chart right where FF put it, especially if I view it in F. I agree with Jenn that it could just be cervical irritation from dtd. Also, spotting can be cause by hormonal fluctuations. I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

#133 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 09:58 PM

Oh, cool! I didn't know you could change the view from C to F! I agree, O looks ok. What's your typical LP, knittinanny? Spotting from sex would probably be no later than the next day.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#134 of 318 Old 08-10-2010, 10:58 PM

OK, I have another question!
Hope you ladies know, I don't feel like making a new thread about it
My cervix is High AND firm....still! Been like that for 4 days now
day 11 of 25ish, cervical fluid getting all creamy for the past 2 days now
Shouldn't it be all soft by now/soon? Then again I was expecting all these peaks and whatnot...perhaps I am just odd.

Current chart: http://www.tcoyf.com/media/p/1202904.aspx

Sorry can't tell the opening, it is always facing to the side or at some odd angle so I can only fell the edge and close to the center of the little bugger! I need longer fingers
OR I can train the boyfriend, I am doing this to avoid, he should take part in this fun!

Hope the link works..I just uploaded it to the classic chart page thing...

Lueah 6/10 and Gwen 9/10
trying for 2 after college before I am 27! I Chart: http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=guthu
#135 of 318 Old 08-11-2010, 06:06 AM

I love how helpful y'all are! LP has been pretty consistent at 13 days but honestly, I haven't monitored things as closely in the past as I have been in the past few weeks. I'm definitely on CD1 now - spotting turned into AF overnight, though I am having much lighter cramps than usual. Maybe my temps will be more consistent this month - I've been in the middle of househunting so have had lots of extra stress.

#136 of 318 Old 08-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Well if I did O early then AF will be here today or tomorrow... we'll see. My temp didn't drop this morning, in fact it was even higher, so I don't think it's coming today at least. If I don't get it tomorrow I'll POAS the morning after that.
How many days of triphasic temping makes it officially triphasic? Someone mentioned but I forgot again.
#137 of 318 Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
How many days of triphasic temping makes it officially triphasic? Someone mentioned but I forgot again.
I think TCOYF says if you have 18 temps above the CL you can consider yourself officially pregnant.

Those are high temps -- but you're not late yet, and you've been getting BFNs, right? I sometimes don't get a temp drop until after comes -- esp if it shows up later in the day.

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
#138 of 318 Old 08-11-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Those are high temps -- but you're not late yet, and you've been getting BFNs, right? I sometimes don't get a temp drop until after comes -- esp if it shows up later in the day.
Yes I've taken 2 tests, both negative... the last one I took was 2 days ago. I've always had my temp drop the morning of AF if not the day before, if it doesn't drop tomorrow and AF doesn't arrive I may start panicking a bit
#139 of 318 Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 PM

Okay, lemme start by saying that I am not CTA, since I am not charting at all. Just super sleep deprived by my almost 1 y.o. DD with teething, co-sleeping... And only using the pull-out method when there is EVER time for sex. LOL! I CTA'd at 14 mo PP after my DS for 2 mos. Got the hang of things, used vitex... I was 16 mo PP when AF finally showed up. Then TTCWBF and charting and got my BFP the 2nd month. And that's how my DD got here.

Fast fwd to 2 weeks ago. Got my always normal, light flow period, starting with a bit of dark brown spotting. DTD that night. Had a normal 5 days, then tapered off bleeding. Then last night felt like I was gushing. And I was. I'd say normal flow, but no warning spotting or brown. This is the first time I have ever had abnormal bleeding.

I gotta say, after 16 mo. with no bleeding after DS, getting AF back after 5 mos. with my DD felt like I had been cheated. So, all normal for the last 7 mos, and now this. Any advice to share? It seems that getting knocked up a couple weeks ago would be impossible. Pull-out used (I know, I know...) and it would be crazy... OH I dunno! Anyone? Stories, links?
#140 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 AM

Still no AF, and no temp drop... I didn't POAS again yet. Since I've never once had a LP longer than 13 days, either my O date is really different or I am PG I guess.
#141 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Still no AF, and no temp drop... I didn't POAS again yet. Since I've never once had a LP longer than 13 days, either my O date is really different or I am PG I guess.
I don't think you O'd until cd14 (or even as late as cd18?? But that is a stretch)

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#142 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 AM

Smyling, it really does look like you O'd, so I guess pregnancy is a possibility. The BD on day eight makes it pretty likely, I'd say.

AFM: CD 28 here...very high temp and something like O pain yesterday...so as long as my temps stay high, I can count is my first pp o! Yay for charting! My other pp cycles had an o of 27-30 days, so that would make sense.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#143 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I think your O day is right.. looking at the previous 6 temps, as well as looking at your previous month chart and coverline.

#144 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Still no AF, and no temp drop... I didn't POAS again yet. Since I've never once had a LP longer than 13 days, either my O date is really different or I am PG I guess. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ab1c6
I guess if it was a later O, you wouldn't be late, but on the other hand, your BFNs might have been early for a definitive result -- the last time my was late i made a whole chart -- if I O'd this day, then the HPT would have shown it by this day, if I O'd this day then I will be late by this day. . .

Hope the worrying isn't too bad -- are you strongly hoping one way or the other?

#145 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
I guess if it was a later O, you wouldn't be late, but on the other hand, your BFNs might have been early for a definitive result -- the last time my was late i made a whole chart -- if I O'd this day, then the HPT would have shown it by this day, if I O'd this day then I will be late by this day. . .

Hope the worrying isn't too bad -- are you strongly hoping one way or the other?
Haha ya I haven't written it down cuz I've been too busy but I've been going over all that in my head. Part of me is kinda hoping I am pg but with everything going on that makes it important to wait I know it'd be pretty bad if I was. I just want to know because a lot of long term plans would be totally changed if I was.
My coverline used to be 97.3, but since we moved to this new place it's been anything up to 98.0 for some reason. My chart looks convincing, but I just don't trust that my O date is accurate because of that. I guess I'll take the other test in the morning or the morning after, if it's still negative I'll believe it this time
#146 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 PM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28fb6b
Finally have all ewcf, instead of a mix of creamy/ew. Had a migraine yesterday and the breakout is clearing up. I'm going to guess O is around the corner, unless my body is off this month. And my luck-dh is so not in the mood for what ever reason. I felt like I was being chased around by a high school boy on Sunday, and then nothing. Sigh. He's been pretty busy with work though and tired, so...

I need to catch up on everyone here.

Today I'm going to see Eat Pray Love with some other h/s moms. I really need a mom's night out.
#147 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 05:23 PM

MW-how did your appt go?
#148 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 05:24 PM

Smyling ~ Your O day looks pretty solid to me. I've been trying to convince myself that it could have been 2 days later but it's just not working. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

#149 of 318 Old 08-13-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrandonsmom View Post
MW-how did your appt go?
With the midwife? It went fine. It was just a meet and consult so nothing was done except sending the referral to the MFM. I haven't heard from them yet. I called at 4:00 to discover they close at noon on Fridays. Oh well. It's not really critical since there isn't really anything they could do for me at this point if I were to start to m/c.

#150 of 318 Old 08-14-2010, 03:47 PM

I had another day with a high temp, so it looks like I o'd. Woo! Sounds weird, but I like knowing that my body is working, even if the O was fairly delayed. I told DH we could have sex tomorrow night as long as my temp was still high. Since I o'd on day 27 this cycle, I'll start abstaining at day 20 next cycle, I guess.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page