The August CTA/Fertility Awareness Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knittinanny View Post
I’m not sure how to tell otherwise if I’m Oing at all, other than just waiting it out and hoping for some sort of clear thermal shift?
That's kind of the point of CTA.

Annie: From what I've observed w/post miscarriage charts, it seems to take most women 3-6 months to get back to "normal." I'll put up my 1st two post-miscarriage charts for you to see. It was an 11wk miscarriage of an 11wk baby, natural...lots of spotting through both of the first two cycles with a CD 49 O on cycle 2. chart

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#242 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Annie: From what I've observed w/post miscarriage charts, it seems to take most women 3-6 months to get back to "normal."
I think it can depend a lot on when the miscarriage occurred. It seems that the further along the pg, the longer it takes for the body to regulate.

I thought of something else, though. From what I've been told and read about D&Cs and D&Es, if all the placental tissue is removed, hcg and progesterone should drop rapidly.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#243 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
That's kind of the point of CTA.

Annie: From what I've observed w/post miscarriage charts, it seems to take most women 3-6 months to get back to "normal." I'll put up my 1st two post-miscarriage charts for you to see. It was an 11wk miscarriage of an 11wk baby, natural...lots of spotting through both of the first two cycles with a CD 49 O on cycle 2. chart
Thanks for sharing. So once the bleeding stopped, was it fairly obvious when your EWCF started again? Right now I'm terrified of getting pregnant during this cycle and losing the baby because my body isn't ready. Also I have lost all faith in knowing what my body is doing or will be doing.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#244 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I think it can depend a lot on when the miscarriage occurred. It seems that the further along the pg, the longer it takes for the body to regulate.

I thought of something else, though. From what I've been told and read about D&Cs and D&Es, if all the placental tissue is removed, hcg and progesterone should drop rapidly.
Yeah my temps seem to be back in normal "pre-O" range although the very light brown spotting continues.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#245 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 02:41 PM

CM was obvious even in the presence of spotting, but we did abstain the entire first cycle, just b/c I was paranoid also. In cycle 2 I appeared to O CD 18 & there was much weirdness.

MW: Yes, I agree there seem to be difference based on both how far along the pregnancy was and whether it was a natural miscarriage or D&C/D&E, but in general, I don't think there's an immediate return to normalcy. Miscarriage in general is understudied, and fertility after miscarriage even more so.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#246 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
MW: Yes, I agree there seem to be difference based on both how far along the pregnancy was and whether it was a natural miscarriage or D&C/D&E, but in general, I don't think there's an immediate return to normalcy. Miscarriage in general is understudied, and fertility after miscarriage even more so.
Yeah, there is very little scientific info on miscarriage or fertility afterward. My personal experience has been that when I have miscarried before 6 weeks my cycles return to normal immediately. Of course, my normal is not the norm so that might not mean much to another person.

One thing that has gotten me very upset is that the MFM doc told me that women who have multiple m/cs are at higher risk of having a stillbirth.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#247 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah, there is very little scientific info on miscarriage or fertility afterward. My personal experience has been that when I have miscarried before 6 weeks my cycles return to normal immediately. Of course, my normal is not the norm so that might not mean much to another person.

One thing that has gotten me very upset is that the MFM doc told me that women who have multiple m/cs are at higher risk of having a stillbirth.
Oh MW! That would have seriously sent me over the edge!

#248 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 03:17 PM

MW, I'm sorry you had to hear that! What an awful thing to say to an emotionally vulnerable woman.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#249 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM

Thanks, guys. That part of our conversation was not fun. It was all part of him informing me that I need to come back to him if/when I get pg again because my age puts me at higher risk for all kinds of things even without all the m/cs.

#250 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I have never ever read that anywhere. WTH?

#251 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 04:25 PM

Oh, yeah, meant to ask, what does MFM stand for?

#252 of 318 Old 08-25-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Oh, yeah, meant to ask, what does MFM stand for?
Maternal/fetal medicine. He's the guy who does genetic testing and counseling for women/couples who might have issues with their babies. He's not an OB or infertility doctor.

I keep forgetting to tell you all that he did write an order to have my chromosomes checked. I should get the results in about 3 weeks.

#253 of 318 Old 08-26-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
wont i o before my first bleed.
I've been off for a few days, but I wanted to comment that PPAF for me returned at 3mo PP but I didn't O till 13mo. I was doing the ecological BFing too though.
#254 of 318 Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smylingeyz View Post
I've been off for a few days, but I wanted to comment that PPAF for me returned at 3mo PP but I didn't O till 13mo. I was doing the ecological BFing too though.
i am bfing. DD2 doesnt eat a lot of real food. she sleeps 6 hours at night. just like DD1. i didnt get ppaf until she was 18mo.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#255 of 318 Old 08-26-2010, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Kind of O/T, but I wish I knew when my first ppaf was. I had mirena inserted 8 weeks postpartum, and bled for about 3 weeks straight after that. Then had normal, 28 day cycles until I had it removed when DD was 20 months old. Sigh. Just something I'll never know.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#256 of 318 Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 PM

I'm 7 DPO and paranoid as hell. We we were not as careful as we should have been, so I could easily be pregnant. It would MOST DEFINITELY be my fault, though, and ladies I promise to do better next cycle! I had some cramping yesterday and today, and I hope it means that maybe my body is getting ready for AF after a short lp and not that a fertilized egg is implanting. Sigh. Fingers crossed. I'm just not ready for a third.

#257 of 318 Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 PM

katie

#258 of 318 Old 08-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Katie

#259 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 09:08 AM

Katie...hope you get an answer soon.

AFM: Well, I'm on "CD 9". I put that in quotations because I'm just going off of when I had the D&E. I looked through my charts from the past year and I usually start getting EWCF on CD 9 or CD 10. So I'm interested to see what my body thinks is going on. I'm still spotting so I don't think I'll see any EWCF today.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

#260 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 AM

so i have a fertility friend account but i dont want to pay for the vip mem. are there any other sites out there that are free? does anybody here use anything else?

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#261 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 09:32 AM

Annie ~ I'm one day ahead of you. CD8 was my last day of spotting. I'm curious to see what my body will do, too. I had lots of what I think was creamy/almost watery CF yesterday, which I usually don't really get. I'm thinking it may be discharge associated with the m/c rather than true CF. My CP is HSO, very weird for this early. I don't know if that's because of the m/c or what.

Lioness ~ You don't need the VIP membership to chart on FF. That just gives you access to the message boards, chat and a few extra bells and whistles on your charting page that aren't really necessary for CTA. Frankly, I wouldn't want those bells & whistles, like the pregnancy monitor, for CTA. I have seen a few other free charting sites but never used them. I think maybe iVillage has one and babycenter.

#262 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 10:12 AM

Well it might be a while before I see any EWCF...bright red blood has come back. Not a lot but definitely more than I have seen since last weekend. I also think my temps are still a little too high but I can't be for sure since I think my thyroid meds are still a little too high since I'm not pregnant anymore. It will be interesting to see if my temps drop over the next week.

#263 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 10:30 AM

Annie. Are you supposed to lower your thyroid meds now?

#264 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Lioness ~ You don't need the VIP membership to chart on FF. That just gives you access to the message boards, chat and a few extra bells and whistles on your charting page that aren't really necessary for CTA. Frankly, I wouldn't want those bells & whistles, like the pregnancy monitor, for CTA. I have seen a few other free charting sites but never used them. I think maybe iVillage has one and babycenter.

i just like to chart the other things, like what meds i take and my mood etc. ff doesnt let me add that anymore cuz my vip ran out

#265 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Annie. Are you supposed to lower your thyroid meds now?
My endocrinologist did lower my dosage after the M/C but the problem is that we don't have a baseline for what I should have been taking not pregnant. I had been so bad about taking my medicine every day and at the same time every day. So when I went to see him for the first time in June, my levels were NOT GOOD. Then I found out I was pregnant. So he upped my medicine and changed me to the name brand instead of the generic. Then I started taking my medicine every day and at the same time. So those were lots of changes all at the same time. My levels were borderline too low the last time he checked them but he kept me at the same dosage because he said I would be requiring more hormone until about 20 weeks. When I lost the baby, I called and he dropped the dosage one level and I go back in 7 weeks to get my levels rechecked. But if my temps stay high-ish for me and I start having other symptoms, I will probably asked to be checked sooner.

#266 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i just like to chart the other things, like what meds i take and my mood etc. ff doesnt let me add that anymore cuz my vip ran out
Oh, well I don't know if any of those other free charting sites let you record all of that stuff. You could buy the Ovusoft software. It's uploaded to your computer so it's just the one time charge for buying it. Your subscription never runs out or anything. Last I knew it was $35 but that was a while ago so it may have gone up (or down in this economy).

Annie ~ Do high temps mean your dose is too high or too low? You may not be able to get any reliable info right now if your other hormones are still out of whack. KWIM?

#267 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Annie ~ Do high temps mean your dose is too high or too low? You may not be able to get any reliable info right now if your other hormones are still out of whack. KWIM?
If my pre-O temps are high, then it means that my dose is too high and it's throwing me to hyper-thyroid rather than hypo-thyroid. I agree that if my other hormones are still off then my temps are going to be crazy. I'm starting to feel crampy now so I think my body is still confused about what it's supposed to be doing.

#268 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I'm starting to feel crampy now so I think my body is still confused about what it's supposed to be doing.
I think that might be a normal physical response to the D&E regardless of what your hormones are doing. Your cervix and uterus have been irritated, scraped raw sort of like an open sore. It's understandable that it would be crampy, bleeding/oozing and sore.

#269 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I think that might be a normal physical response to the D&E regardless of what your hormones are doing. Your cervix and uterus have been irritated, scraped raw sort of like an open sore. It's understandable that it would be crampy, bleeding/oozing and sore.
I know but it's interesting because it's a different feeling that what I've had over the past week. It's more like period cramps rather than the ache I've felt from the D&E. It could be that I walked too fast when I was on the treadmill last night at the gym. I felt good so I increased my speed and maybe it was too soon. I have to keep reminding myself to be gentle with my body because I had surgery.

#270 of 318 Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I know but it's interesting because it's a different feeling that what I've had over the past week. It's more like period cramps rather than the ache I've felt from the D&E. It could be that I walked too fast when I was on the treadmill last night at the gym. I felt good so I increased my speed and maybe it was too soon. I have to keep reminding myself to be gentle with my body because I had surgery.
Yeah, that's always a hard thing to do when you seem to feel fine. I had a hard time not doing a lot of housework and lifting and such while I was miscarrying. I had just gotten my dh going on reorganizing our storage area and I couldn't help. Every time I tried to do something useful, like wash some dishes, I would get very painful cramps and have to lie down.

When I'm perfectly physically capable of doing that stuff, I don't ever want to do it. As soon as I'm stuck resting or recuperating all I want to do is get up and clean.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page