BFing FAM and pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2010, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS is 14 mos and still BFing 8-10 times a day. I haven't yet had my period, but I've had some unusual sensations in my breasts that are making me wonder if I somehow could be PG. We are not trying. I could tell my body has been trying to ovulate, but I haven't temp charted so I can't be sure yet.

The past couple days I've been exceptionally happy (I'm normally happy, but this is the "happy" feeling like when I'm PG), my breasts are changing and I've gained like 4 lbs.

Anyone have these sx while BFing and found out they were PG BEFORE the return of their period?

I did a search but couldn't find any topics, so I'd be appreicative of any help. I can't afford a test right now .... unless this sounds suspicious (beyond my over active imagination).

TIA!

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2010, 12:27 AM

pms/fertility returning has virtually the same symptoms as pg - especially the first "cycle" post partum. So the only way to know for sure is to test, or wait till you feel the baby kick!
I know it is possibe to catch that first PP egg especially if you weren't using any birth control. So if you are suspicious I say test - or if it doesn't really matter in terms of lifestyle modifications in case of pregnancy, wait until you get some more concrete pg symptoms like morning sickness etc...
Aren't there any dollar tree or dolalr stores where you can get a test?
Good luck - I hope you get the answer you want!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hula Jenn, Thanks so much for your reply. I went to $ store and got a test (didn't know about that! thanks!) It was negative, and guess what?! I got my moon TODAY ... nearly 2 years to the day I got PG with my son You were right ... back to my fertility!

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

User Tag List