The September "Whatever" Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 437 Old 09-19-2010, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Anyways, if I don't officially start during the night, then I'll test tomorrow morning before work, but probably won't get a chance to update until I get home. That said, I don't expect to be testing, I think she'll come.
JJ, when do you get off work?!? I've been thinking of you all day long! Hope its only good news, but of course we're here for you if it isn't, just the same. FXed!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#302 of 437 Old 09-19-2010, 06:54 PM

AF didn't show---just dark brown spotting

would you call this a positive or negative (I could see the line within 2-3 minutes and I did two tests with the same urine just to make sure---they both came out like this?)

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_h...fm?testID=8420

Do ICs have evap lines like this???

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#303 of 437 Old 09-19-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Uh oh! I missed this before. What's going on??

I like that name, too! Hmm, it might make it on the short list. I always have trouble coming up with boy names.

For girl names, DH and I have pretty much narrowed it down. We are likely going with Claire for a girl. I think Nora and Claire sound good together for sisters. Still pretty lost on boy names. But ... we have time. Sigh.

I'm imbibing tonight w/many mojitos and wine. It's helping. Sorry if this post is at all incoherent, I'm 3 sheets to the wind as I type!

Have a good Sat night, ladies!!
Oh I will have to explain that one later!! We have a holiday starting tonight. I'll come back and post the story tomorrow night.

I really like the name Claire, and you're right, it does go well with Nora!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
Good to hear! Now I remember why Brighton came to mind---I came across a girl named Bright on my cousin's profile. It made me think of the street I grew up on and I then I thought--hmm I wonder if Brighton is a baby name! Found out it was and then I saw it in your sig. It's such an awesome name! I like unusual but not weird names- I'd love to hear what other unusual boy names made your list over the years!

I've got some major brown spotting going on over here. Not typical pre-AF spotting for me at all. TMI--it's kinda thick and mucousy

Okay- my DH just walked over, saw this and laughed at me! LOL!

Anyway, I do not have my pre-AF migraine which I always get the night before it starts. I did however have a migraine on Wed & Thurs. So I have no clue what is going on! All I know is I'm having symptoms that are not typical. I was so dizzy and nauseous today that I contemplated how I would handle myself if I had to pull my car over to the side of the highway---yeah it was that bad! Very sore bbs off and on--almost like shooting pains. I'm dying to know what is going on with my body! Thanks for listening to me ramble about every little detail of my post-ovulation life (or not!). I haven't told anyone else (aside from DH) and a girl can go mad over these things, as you all know!
I've heard Bright/on used as a girl name, but it seems weird to me.

I so hope that all those horrible symptoms are a sign of something good!!!

Quote:
^^^ Everything I've been thinking. My CF is now brownish, but still creamy, though I do have cramps, and I've been nauseus for the past few days, very tired today, uber emotional, sore swollen boobs... I mean none of them are definitive symptoms at all, but they had me fairly convinced, amnd now very confused. And now with the cramping picking up though and the spotting getting darker, I'm thinking this is it. For some reason I'm not sad yet, I'm just angry. I'm angry that I've gone through all this stress for these past three days for nothing now. WHY did AF have to pick this month to be late? I've only had ONE 14day LP in the months I have fully charted, and it was the month I had my wisdom teeth out and was on several drugs which I believe prevented my body from actually releasing the blood like it was supposed to.

Anyways, if I don't officially start during the night, then I'll test tomorrow morning before work, but probably won't get a chance to update until I get home. That said, I don't expect to be testing, I think she'll come.

On the upside... that makes three of us next month that should be right around the same time again!
I'm sorry. I hope AF never picks up.

Quote:
AF didn't show---just dark brown spotting

would you call this a positive or negative (I could see the line within 2-3 minutes and I did two tests with the same urine just to make sure---they both came out like this?)

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_h...fm?testID=8420

Do ICs have evap lines like this???
I am really not sure! I see the line, but I don't use IC's so I have nothing to compare it too. I hope someone else can offer you some insight! I say if it showed up in the time frame it's probably a BFP!

AFM: AF showed today. About time. She was "late" and I've been so moody and having headaches etc. I was ready to get it over with. Well, I'll see you ladies Monday night because I won't be back on the computer until then.

Good luck to you all!!!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#304 of 437 Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 PM

I'm out too. Let's all o at the same time this month too ok? It helps having buddies I'm not sad yet, too tired and busy to be sad. I'm trying to focus on the positives... hot tubs and lattes and hot yoga for the next two weeks. I was honestly in shock last night when I realized AF was going to come though... I was so sure.

Kinder: I've never used IC's either, but that looks like a faint pos to me?!

I'll be back later to brood and complain more I'm sure, but for now, more foundation work calls...

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#305 of 437 Old 09-19-2010, 07:20 PM

Hugs to all! BFNs and AF suck.

Kindermama - Hmm. Does that line have pink to it IRL? I've never had a line even remotely on any of my ICs. If it came up w/in the limit and has some pink to it, I still say BFP! FXed!

AFM - I'm still having a silent pity party, but am channelling my energy into cleaning my house. DD's birthday party will be in 3 weeks and I have SO MUCH to clean/prepare. At least it helps me pass the time.

Oh, and JJ - I'm w/you. Hot tubs, coffee, (lots of coffee), wine, and spin class for me this month! I'm hoping to lose a few lbs and feel better for when I do get that sparkly bfp!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#306 of 437 Old 09-19-2010, 09:48 PM

Hi guys! I made it to St. Louis and am having fun! Don't really think I'm pregnant this cycle, but it's really too early to tell, especially without testing.

Kindermama, I can see something on that but it looks like a shadow to me. If it showed up in the time limit, though, and your AF is late, I would certainly be suspicious...

s to those who need them because of AF or whatever other reason.

My Chart

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#307 of 437 Old 09-19-2010, 09:49 PM

to all

So there is going to be a party going on in the June DDC then, is that right?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#308 of 437 Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
So there is going to be a party going on in the June DDC then, is that right?
Planning on it!!

Getting more emotional as the night goes on... DH tried to talk to me about it, and honestly, I don't even want to talk about it, because I'll turi into a blubbering sobbing mess. I'm trying to look at all the wonderful positives, but it's hard right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll have more perspective. Today I'm just angry at my body for deceiving me... seriously, why did THIS cycle have to be the one where I was almost two full days late? It's not fair emotionally.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#309 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 AM

Kindermama I would call that a BFP I had brown spotting with my three healthy pregnancies. Of course, now, I am concerned about any spotting, but only because my m/c is so recent. I think you are pg and definitely

AFM: I am so ready for AF. I'm ready to be done whatevering and start CTA. I know most of you mamas would be happy with a BFP, but at this point I am so ready for AF and kind of hoping I'm not pg.

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#310 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 08:48 AM

Must have been an evap because my period showed up! I am baffled about the early cramps, nausea and dizziness. I *never* experience those symptoms. I've been tracking my periods for 6 months or so (symptoms and everything) so that if/when we began whatever'ing, I would be able to tell the difference if any. So, I'm stumped. Maybe it's the power of suggestion---DH and my positive HPT dream in the same morning. I guess that's possible! Now I'll never trust my body! That's the only downside to this---well aside from the time I wasted over the last four days thinking about this

eta: I just realized that this might all really be from that homeopathic remedy I took. It made my migraine go away and that's when the cramps started. See those cramps were completely tolerable (no pain) and now my AF is here and I don't have any painful cramps whatsoever or severe lethargy like I usually do so maybe this is all a good thing for me!

#311 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Today I'm just angry at my body for deceiving me... seriously, why did THIS cycle have to be the one where I was almost two full days late? It's not fair emotionally.
sorry mama

#312 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
looks good!

#313 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 AM

Kindermama! What?!? OMG, I'm so sorry! That's so not fair. That line totally looked like a bfp. Ugh!

What is up w/our bodies playing tricks on us this month?? I don't think I wrote about it, but I had ZERO symptoms of impending AF this cycle. Usually I start cramping around 8-9 dpo, and my sciatica gets really bad. None of that happened, and I remember going for a walk w/DD and saying to myself, well at the very least, if this isn't a bfp cycle, I got a week w/no cramps! I didn't even break out too bad, just a few small pimples. No big giant nasty ones like usual. I was so shocked when I got that bfn.

Hi BFS! Your chart is looking mighty pretty!!

JJ - I'm still trying to find the positives for waiting another month. I came up with a few, so I'll share them. I plugged in my LMP to the due date calendar online, and if I conceive next cycle, I'll be out of the first tri exactly on Christmas. Which means it would be an amazing way to announce that baby #2 is on the way. I was thinking of taking a picture of DD wearing an "I'm going to be a Big Sister!" T-shirt, framing it nice, and gifting it to my mother in law for Christmas. She'll think it's just a pic of Nora, until she looks closer!

The other thing is of course being able to try to shed some pounds. Though, I'd rather be slightly chubby and pg. On this side of AF it seems like the most trivial thing ever.

On the practical side of things, DD will be that much closer to 3 when the new baby comes, which will make things easier. And right now I'm working on getting her to sleep in her own room in her own bed, and have been sleeping on a futon mattress in her room. Not so comfy. I can't imagine doing it while battling w/exhaustion and morning sickness, so I'm hoping that by the time I'm pg she's a little more acclimated to the new routine. (And that maybe DH will take over?!? Geez, why is it that Dads need a freaking invitation to do things? They never offer to do it on their own!!)

Lyterae - June DDC is going to be HOPPING! It's going to be the place to be on MDC!!

#314 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 10:08 AM

Wow, Kindermama, talk about playing tricks! Sorry.

Quote:
Lyterae - June DDC is going to be HOPPING! It's going to be the place to be on MDC!!
Hee hee. I think I'm going to have TWO chances at the June DDC. If I'm pregnant this cycle my due date would be like June 1st I think, and then, if I'm not, and I O at the normal time next cycle, it should be late June. So yeah...June DDC here we come LOL.

Thank you both for saying my chart looks nice. It usually does. It quite often goes triphasic. But my temp isn't dropping yet. Hmmm.

#315 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Kindermama I thought for sure that was a BFP

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#316 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Hee hee. I think I'm going to have TWO chances at the June DDC. If I'm pregnant this cycle my due date would be like June 1st I think, and then, if I'm not, and I O at the normal time next cycle, it should be late June. So yeah...June DDC here we come LOL.
Neat! I'll be due at the end of June. BTW, now that it's here, I totally don't care if I'm pg through hot summer months. It's not even an issue. I thought I would want to hold off a few months if this happened, but forget about it. I just want a baby. I simply don't care if I have to play outside w/DD next summer in the dead heat of August w/a huge belly! Bring it on!

#317 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Neat! I'll be due at the end of June. BTW, now that it's here, I totally don't care if I'm pg through hot summer months. It's not even an issue. I thought I would want to hold off a few months if this happened, but forget about it. I just want a baby. I simply don't care if I have to play outside w/DD next summer in the dead heat of August w/a huge belly! Bring it on!
Exactly. When it comes down to it, I'd rather be pregnant and hot with a summer baby birthday, than not pregnant. End of story. I'll put up with whatever. Besides... I always wanted to be able to show off a big belly in a bikini... hehe

I'm not feeling positive yet this month, still trying to force myself to think those 'good things' are worth it, and I'm not there yet, but I'm trying. I'm very sore today, so the hot tub is becoming a more appreciated vice.

DH got word that he will be going north for work this month again for a week. My heart stopped and then I realized that for a normal cycle, he should be home for ovulation and a few days after, and then he'll get home about 2-3 days after I should "know". I'm hoping that will be enough to convince me not to test until perhaps the morning he comes home (at which point I'll be late). But if not, at least this time I have cheap tests at home already

#318 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 PM

And Kindermama--- I echo again. I don't know what was up with our bodies this month. It's insane how much you can think you know what's going on, and then have it all blown out of the water. *hugs* It sucks when you finally allow yourself to even a little bit think this might be it, and then it turns out it's not.

#319 of 437 Old 09-20-2010, 08:54 PM

i'm bummed, mamas kinder, baby, jj. sorry to hear about . i thought for sure it was going the other way. to everyone

barefoot, you're getting close! i'm 7dpo and waitin' to know, too. a bit crampy right now. we only have the one chance this cycle, but that's all it takes, right? afm, i'm 42, so i know my chances are lower than many. but i'm still keeping my eye on the prize! due date would be super close to dh's birthday which could soften the blow for him. even though he's going to be fine with a , he wouldn't go and look for it. it will be a tough moment to tell him when the time comes.

i might temp in the next few days just to see what's up: BHappy's chart

xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#320 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post
i might temp in the next few days just to see what's up: BHappy's chart
Nice chart! You've definitely got a chance there, too! I'll be keeping my eye on you!

I'm SO SORE from running 3.5 mi on the treadmill yesterday!! I don't know how I'm going to be able to do it again, lol! But, might as well take this time to really push myself and see what I'm capable of. At least now that af is here, my bloat is mostly all gone and I'm feeling a lot better physically.

AFM - DD is turning 2 on Oct 2, and I'm having a small party at the house for her on the 10th. I can't believe my baby is turning 2!
At least for now I'm getting my mind lost in party planning so I have something to take the edge off my disappointment.

What are you all up to this week?

#321 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 AM

Kindermama, what remedy did you take? I have had 3 migraines in the last week and they are driving me nutso. (sorry about :AF arrifing though! on to a new cycle!)

I haven't been on in ages, so don't know if I have caught up with everything- it seems as if AF has showed for a few ladies, which is a bummer.

Forgot who, but that is why I always try to get a last "hurrah" DTD in before I think AF will show, otherwise it seems like ages until we can DTD again. We don't during AF or spotting, not for religious reasons, but just because it has "ick" factor for me.

AFM: well, we did DTD w/o any protection this weekend, twice, DH didn't even ask if it was "safe" or not . . . and since I am leaving that in his hands, so to speak, we shall see. I don't think I have O'd yet, but think it will be sometime this week. so, depending, it may be within the realm of possiblility, especially if he keeps neglecting to use protection.

Not sure how I feel about a summer baby . . .at this point, and especially since I know there is only so much I can do to aid conception, I will be content whenever babe would arrive.

Our names our set, I think. Norah Lorraine for a girl and Theodore Edward for a boy (he would be called Theo for the most part) I have gotten some weird looks for Theodore, but I like it, and so does DH, and that is all that matters. My dad's name is Ted, not short for Theodore or anything, but his sister calls him Theodore jokingly sometimes. In a way it is honoring him, without being literal about it.

Love Brighton, BTW!

I am on . . .cd 21. Have had creamy CM the last few days, it is starting to edge on watery. I think.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#322 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
Our names our set, I think. Norah Lorraine for a girl and Theodore Edward for a boy .
Love the names! Though, I'm partial to Nora(h) as it's DD's name. Such a great name. I've gotten many, many compliments on it. And Theodore is adorable!

We don't dtd during either (for ick reasons) and since I had that UTI we're going on about 3 weeks here w/no DTD. GOING NUTS. I mean, yeah we do other things, but that's just not the same, lol.

#323 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 03:47 PM

Anyone want to see a pic of DD? I just took this one today and thought it was so cute, I had to share!

Nora

LmK if the link doesn't work, ok?

#324 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Anyone want to see a pic of DD? I just took this one today and thought it was so cute, I had to share!

Nora

Adorable!!!
#325 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:

Nora

She's beautiful!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#326 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
We don't dtd during either (for ick reasons) and since I had that UTI we're going on about 3 weeks here w/no DTD. GOING NUTS. I mean, yeah we do other things, but that's just not the same, lol.
try some homeopathic Catharis to get rid of your UTI

Quote:
Kindermama, what remedy did you take? I have had 3 migraines in the last week and they are driving me nutso. (sorry about :AF arrifing though! on to a new cycle!)
I took Belladonna but homeopathy is very individualized. Try this:
http://healing.about.com/od/homeopat...o_headache.htm

#327 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:

Nora

beautiful girl!!!

#328 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
Our names our set, I think. Norah Lorraine for a girl and Theodore Edward for a boy (he would be called Theo for the most part) .
love them both!!!

#329 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
try some homeopathic Catharis to get rid of your UTI
I ended up resolving it w/ACV and cranberry juice. Where were you the whole week I had it?!?

Ooh - and thanks for all the love for my DD!

#330 of 437 Old 09-21-2010, 07:06 PM

BabyCakes, I love that pic. She looks so serious.

If I may obsess for a moment...

Well...I think I'm definitely in the running this month, ladies. Which freaks me out a little bit. Not getting zits or feeling bloated like I normally do in late luteal phase, no other signs of AF really, and my temp was quite high this morning. I'm peeing a lot and have some *ahem* desire, which ARE typical for me pre-AF. I'm 12 dpo today...AF usually shows on 12 or 13 dpo but can be as late as the morning of 14 dpo.

So I guess I'll just be waiting to see what my temp does the next two days and if AF shows.

My Chart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page