Forum Jump: 

#361 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Woo!!!

Congratulations Mel! Even waiting and knowing that I had passed my "normal" LP it still didn't seem quite "real" until I took a test and saw the two lines.
I was 16 DPO and scared that I was going to pee on a stick and see only one line.
You know, I thought it was going to be that way for me, because it was last time (of course that was unplanned) but it wasn't. Yesterday was the day I went through all the shaking and *holycrap am I really pregnant* stuff. By this morning I was used to the idea and was just like, "La la la, let's get this done so the mothering ladies can see a pic."

It still doesn't seem REAL exactly though.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#362 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
did you really boil your pee? I love it.
YAY! For you and the little bambino-to-be!

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#363 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
did you really boil your pee? I love it.
YAY! For you and the little bambino-to-be!
Boiling would denature the proteins so they wouldn't be able to bind to the conjugate; hence, the BFN with boiled pee I'm guessing that the logic of boiling is the pee would be more concentrated?

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#364 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Mama Doula View Post
Boiling would denature the proteins so they wouldn't be able to bind to the conjugate; hence, the BFN with boiled pee I'm guessing that the logic of boiling is the pee would be more concentrated?
Yeah, that was the theory. Same theory with freezing. Someone on the One thread suggested it a while back so I had to do the experiment. I didn't boil it though, just heated it up to about 50 C, but I guess the proteins still denatured!

#365 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 PM

ugh. i'm cramping.

still no at 11dpo. i was holding out hope until the cramping started. now it just feels like she is on her way shortly.

so bummed. time to let go i guess. i know the babe is there in spirit. just keep thinking its the right moment, and its not. so hard to have your hopes dashed every time.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#366 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Had another beta today, hcg is 1. I've been bleeding red then brown then nothing every other day since Tuesday please be back to normal soon. I did buy a BBT yesterday and plan to start CTA since I know I'm not pg.

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#367 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

ugh. i'm cramping.

still no at 11dpo. i was holding out hope until the cramping started. now it just feels like she is on her way shortly.

so bummed. time to let go i guess. i know the babe is there in spirit. just keep thinking its the right moment, and its not. so hard to have your hopes dashed every time.
Oh boo! I'm so sorry. I hope you aren't really out. It is SO HARD to get your hopes up and then have them dashed.

I feel like my next child is here in spirit as well. I feel like I am just waiting to meet him or her when the time is right. Who knows? Maybe there is a reason we haven't conceived yet. Part of me feels like there must be either a lesson I'm supposed to learn or things are supposed to be aligned differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Mama Doula View Post
Had another beta today, hcg is 1. I've been bleeding red then brown then nothing every other day since Tuesday please be back to normal soon. I did buy a BBT yesterday and plan to start CTA since I know I'm not pg.
I hope things get back to normal for you soon. Be gentle and patient w/yourself. Your body is a beautiful yet wonderfully complex machine and can only do so much at a time. I love that you have reached this space of peace with all that has happened. KUP on things!!

AFM - is FINALLY GONE. Ugh, I'll never get used to 7-8 day periods. It's such a bore!

Also, I wanted to mention MarineWife says hello to all and congrats to BFS! She is doing well, but doesn't feel like she can pop in just yet.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#368 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 06:35 PM

BHappy, MMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Also, I wanted to mention MarineWife says hello to all and congrats to BFS! She is doing well, but doesn't feel like she can pop in just yet.
Yes, I need to PM her.

#369 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that was the theory. Same theory with freezing. Someone on the One thread suggested it a while back so I had to do the experiment. I didn't boil it though, just heated it up to about 50 C, but I guess the proteins still denatured!

I seriously thought you were kidding! You're too funny! Anyway, thanks for indulging the weird Mothering mamas with test pics! It's official!

Congratulations!!!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#370 of 437 Old 09-24-2010, 07:37 PM

Rambling over here...back to your regularly scheduled program!

#371 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 12:12 PM

back off

Still dry this a.m. 12dpo.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#372 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
AFM - is FINALLY GONE. Ugh, I'll never get used to 7-8 day periods. It's such a bore!

7-8 day periods? Ugh

I was wondering if/when she was going to pop back in. I'm glad to hear she's doing okay. As okay as expected.

AFM: Dh and I were finally able to DTD last night.

Weird question though...I had EWCM yesterday and today watery. I'm only on CD7! Do you think it could be leftover "water" from the lining?

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#373 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
back off

Oooohhh good sign!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#374 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
back off

how long is your luteal phase?? Test time!

#375 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
back off

Ahahahaha! I love this! It's so true, that's how it feels!

Ok ladies... I have a question. Not that I don't love my new BD thermometer.. but how the heck do I turn this thing off!! Eevrytime I try it just beeps and beeps and beeps at me, until finally the thing auto shuts off.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#376 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Ok ladies... I have a question. Not that I don't love my new BD thermometer.. but how the heck do I turn this thing off!! Eevrytime I try it just beeps and beeps and beeps at me, until finally the thing auto shuts off.
It doesn't happen to be the Rite Aid kind, is it? Mine does the same thing so I want to know too!

#377 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 08:26 PM

No, it's the BD brand, but who knows, it could be similiar?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#378 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
how long is your luteal phase?? Test time!
11-12 days is my normal LP. I thought I *might* have seen the faintest tinge of brownish when I wiped earlier. Nothing since. No cramping today so far. Keeping my thoughts neutral... I went thru major bummer yesterday. I'm appreciating all of your + thoughts!!

#379 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
11-12 days is my normal LP. I thought I *might* have seen the faintest tinge of brownish when I wiped earlier. Nothing since. No cramping today so far. Keeping my thoughts neutral... I went thru major bummer yesterday. I'm appreciating all of your + thoughts!!
hope tomorrow brings good news!!!

#380 of 437 Old 09-25-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Hmm. Ok I press it once, the last temp shows. The light goes off, I put it in my mouth. Beep, beep, beep...done. Pull it out, hit the button - light comes on, temp is displayed. I hit it one more time, and set it down. It auto shuts off.

Does that sound about right?

AFM - Af has left the building and we are back to business over here!

This cycle I'm using the Merry Mother fertility oil that I got last cycle. If you remember, last cycle DH deemed it "too much" so I didn't use it. When came this time, he actually asked me where it was and said I should use it.

We are sooooo ready for another baby. I mean, we both think we're nuts b/c we know how intense the first year is, but at the same time we are both just really ready. We keep saying things like, "Nora is going to be such an awesome big sister," and "When the new baby comes we'll have to do xyz," It's neat and cute.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#381 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
hope tomorrow brings good news!!!
hi all, still here!

No ! Feeling a bit crampy right now. Not really af crampy though. More twingy like. Tender bbs. I'm not testing because I just can't handle it. I'd rather wait until it becomes clear. I've never had a 13 day lp so I'm beginning to allow myself to be hopeful again.

Baby Cakes so excited for you and your family! I hope this is the cycle for you!

My Chart is on free VIP!

#382 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 02:01 PM

FXed for you BHappy! I hope this is it for you!

I'm really optimistic going into this cycle. I allow myself to be super bummed when af comes but then I pretty much get over it and and am ready for a new cycle, a new chance. Every month we get to try is a month we have w/just DD, and a month we get to have fun trying.

I keep having these thoughts like, "I hope we conceive this cycle, the timing will be perfect!" This cycle especially. My BFF will be just over 4 months pg, which means I will most likely be able to travel to see her when her baby is born. My first tri will end on Christmas Day, which will make such a great announcement. And baby will be due right at the end of June, not too hot, not too cold.

Sigh. Nothing like getting your hopes up!!

#383 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
hi all, still here!

No ! Feeling a bit crampy right now. Not really af crampy though. More twingy like. Tender bbs. I'm not testing because I just can't handle it. I'd rather wait until it becomes clear. I've never had a 13 day lp so I'm beginning to allow myself to be hopeful again.
OMG! Exciting....how long will you wait to test? Did you stop temping??

#384 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
n I pretty much get over it and and am ready for a new cycle, a new chance. Every month we get to try is a month we have w/just DD, and a month we get to have fun trying.
I do the same thing...every month I'm not pregnant is another month to lose some weight! I only have 14lbs left to reach my goal. Of course I could easily take 10 of those off like I did in the past with morning sickness It could go either way and either way, I'll be happy! But...but...end of June is a great time to have my baby---we'll see!

#385 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
hi all, still here!

Baby Cakes so excited for you and your family! I hope this is the cycle for you!

My Chart is on free VIP!
Woo! for you!
And how cool that the VIP timing worked out for you.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#386 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
OMG! Exciting....how long will you wait to test? Did you stop temping??
Yeah. I thought I'd make it less stressful if I didn't temp after confirming O. The one day I broke that rule I ended up with a wacky low temp that freaked me out. So I put the thermo away.

I almost tested this afternoon when the family was out, but I only have one test so I want to use it once I'm fairly positive....like maybe Friday?!? We shall see!

xoxo

#387 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 06:00 PM

FRIDAY?!!

You'll know way before then, girl.

Come on...throw us a test. Tomorrow morning, FMU.

#388 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
FRIDAY?!!

You'll know way before then, girl.

Come on...throw us a test. Tomorrow morning, FMU.

ditto!! Friday is a long way away...you'll know by Tuesday for sure! Sooner if you test

how did you get the 5,4,3,2,1,T on your chart?

#389 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
ditto!! Friday is a long way away...you'll know by Tuesday for sure! Sooner if you test

The countdown to "test" day is a VIP feature on FF - not something you can just add

Good luck everyone! stalking this thread!!!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#390 of 437 Old 09-26-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:

that's the VIP treatment ! Sometimes FF gives it for free for a limited time, like 5 days.

Ok, so I feel a little silly. I mainly use my iPhone to check email and take pics. Other than to Facebook, I don't know how to upload a pic here (theoretically, if I was to test sometime soon & post a pic heheheheh). Can someone tell me how? I don't want to upload a photo from iPhone to home computer, because dh would know and I haven't told him anything yet.

xoxo

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page