The September "Whatever" Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 437 Old 09-30-2010, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't be ashamed or feel like you have to hide being open to more kids, at least not from us! I say the more the merrier!

I'm kinda pretty much TTC too, but I can't bring myself to leave this thread, b/c some days I truly am ambivalent or think I should avoid. I can't be in the mindset of a hardcore TTCer. I dabble in the nursing ttc thread, and I do post in the no stressers/no obsessers thread over on TTC, but I peeked into The One thread (which I was a huge part of w/DD) and can't go back in there. It's too much. Plus it's a lot of bfps, which kinda bums me out, honestly.

So don't feel like you have to bounce, Kinder. Stay! Keep us company even if you are ttc!

I had a brain fart and totally messed up my cd's. I'm set to O TOMORROW! Not saturday! OMG, could you believe if I hadn't caught it in time??

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 437 Old 09-30-2010, 05:21 PM

Definately agree, don't feel like you have to leave because you're officially ttc. Technically I am too, but for the same reason as babycakes, I just can't keep up with the ttc threads either. They're too -much- I want to be pregnant, I reallly want to be pregnant, but there's too much focus there on appointments and supplements, and positions, and it's all just too claculated. Sure I do a few things here or there to increase our chances, but over there it just seems so much, you know?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#423 of 437 Old 09-30-2010, 07:09 PM

Babycakes- I understand how you feel. s My family is not supportive of us having more children (not that's it's really any of their business). They make comments all the time about my "large brood" or wondering if we know how that happens. They actually TELL me not to have anymore. Yeah, we don't talk as much as we used to. Hello, I am almost 30 with a very successful family life and I am happy thank you very much.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#424 of 437 Old 09-30-2010, 07:24 PM

^ Well, I only have one DD, so I'm thinking you meant Kinder!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#425 of 437 Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 AM

You guys made a good point!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#426 of 437 Old 10-01-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Don't be ashamed or feel like you have to hide being open to more kids, at least not from us! I say the more the merrier!
Not many people these days think the way we do!

#427 of 437 Old 10-01-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
Babycakes- I understand how you feel. s My family is not supportive of us having more children (not that's it's really any of their business). They make comments all the time about my "large brood" or wondering if we know how that happens. They actually TELL me not to have anymore. Yeah, we don't talk as much as we used to. Hello, I am almost 30 with a very successful family life and I am happy thank you very much.
I hear ya! After we announced last time that we were expecting again, my FIL asked my DH flat out "when are you going to get fixed". My DH did precisely that soon after dd was born and went and reversed it in June. FIL acted very strange towards us around that time. It ended up not being discussed but I could tell he completely disagreed with our choice. Oh well!

#428 of 437 Old 10-01-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
^ Well, I only have one DD, so I'm thinking you meant Kinder!
Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
I hear ya! After we announced last time that we were expecting again, my FIL asked my DH flat out "when are you going to get fixed". My DH did precisely that soon after dd was born and went and reversed it in June. FIL acted very strange towards us around that time. It ended up not being discussed but I could tell he completely disagreed with our choice. Oh well!

Yes, my FIL did the SAME thing. When he told his dad we were expecting our 4th, he said "When are going to get that taken care of? I can make you an appointment, you know." (he's a dr.) Not that we really care what he thinks because he was a lousy father and still doesn't even know the names of our children, much less see them.
My family just thinks I've overpopulated the world and if I insist on being a "baby machine" that we ought to be rich first so we can afford it. I try to explain to them that lifestyles are expensive, not babies, and we are very happy with our lifestyle.
I used to care very much what my family thought, but could care less now. It took me a long time to get to that point though. In fact, I've decided if we do get pregnant again that I won't be telling them for quite some time!

AFM: I thought I had already O'd (really early!) due to my CM becoming creamy/sticky after being EW, and watery for 2 days. However, this morning I'm "pouring" with watery. So I guess not. This is why temping is so important. Next month I'll get back at it. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#429 of 437 Old 10-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Kinder- My chart is essentially undereadable this month, but I "should" be coming up to o by this weekend. I've had copious amounts of creamy CF, which is weird for me pre-o, but I've had no EW yet. Still waiting. And the four temps I have are high, low, low, high. Not enough for me to trust it as a "temp spike" for o. It definately doesn't feel like it yet anyways.

At any rate, my cycles are usually super normal (in hindsight anyways), and I should o by CD 15 which is sunday. It's funny, I think we're going to end up on the same BD "schedule" as last month, -1 and -3, just because those are my days off this month.

If we do get pregnant this month, DH will be out of town when I find out. I'm not sure if that will make me more or less likely to test early.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#430 of 437 Old 10-01-2010, 08:55 PM

CD 14 here, and my opks are *almost* positive! WTH? I always O on CD14. I'm confused and almost wish I never picked them up. But, regardless, bases are covered. I think we'll dtd tonight too - we're both raring to go.

My chart.

JJ- I always find it harder not to test early when DH is away. It's easier to hold out when he's home. Though, I have no tests in the house (Ok, one digi, but that's big guns and I won't waste that unless I have to) and I'm not testing til after is MIA. I want a nice, dark, obvious bfp. No squinting, tilting, hoping. Either yes or no and then move on!! You and I are cycle buddies though -- lets really keep each other strong this time!

#431 of 437 Old 10-02-2010, 03:45 AM

Agreed! I want an obvious one too! It was emotionally distressing last month thinking I saw a line, then not being sure, then second guessing. And then NOW, my cycle is weird, and since I tested early last time, and then had a slightly weird AF, my brain keeps tricking me into thinking it's something. I think if I hadn't gone through all that stress last time, I would feel more sure that all was normaldom.

#432 of 437 Old 10-02-2010, 11:28 AM

Ugh! Guys, my temp is still down! I did have a pos OPK last night around 10:30 (finally) and then this morning at like 3 am I was woken up by really sharp and prolonged o pains. So I know it happened last night sometime. I expect my temp tmw to be way up!

If it's not, well then, phooey.

Today is DD's 2nd birthday!

#433 of 437 Old 10-02-2010, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, everyone. I'm not really back but I want to share my chart because I am so shocked and amazed by it.

My FF Chart

I know I can't definitively confirm O because I wasn't temping but I have always Oed within 2 days of getting a + opk. Plus, my temp was in my normal early post-O range this morning.

Anyway, assuming I did O, it's freakin' textbook! I don't know what is going on with my body but it seems that my cycles are actually becoming "normal".

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#434 of 437 Old 10-02-2010, 05:26 PM

That's awesome MW!!

Is anyone gonna start the Oct thread? Did I miss it? I'll put it up if nobody else gets to it first!!

#435 of 437 Old 10-02-2010, 07:32 PM

Oh I guess it is October huh? I'm in such denial, that I barely noticed the date change. lol. I'll put one up now.

#436 of 437 Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Hey, everyone. I'm not really back but I want to share my chart because I am so shocked and amazed by it.

your body bounces back so quickly!! Xing fingers for you!

#437 of 437 Old 10-03-2010, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
your body bounces back so quickly!! Xing fingers for you!
I'm not bouncing back from anything. I'm talking about years of messed up cycles. When I was TTC when I was 30-33 my average O was cd30. I have long, irregular, sometimes anov cycles and was diagnosed with PCOS. Now that I'm 40 my average O over the last 6-9 months is cd17, with some textbook Os. That has never happened to me before. I've only had 2 longish cycles.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page