The September "Whatever" Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Thanks. And if I'm not, it will be okay. Being pg now would be ok and good but not ideal for me. My ideal time is December-February. If I'm not pg with a sticky baby by then I don't know what I'll do.
I kinda feel similarly about November/December. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Mama Doula View Post
Here's a question for you whatevering mamas:

Do you always act as if you could be pregnant? For instance, do you take prenatals, do you abstain from alcohol, medications, etc?

I'm still in the early stages, but in the past, I have always continued to enjoy alcohol, etc., until I knew for sure that I was pg.

Just curious as to what everyone else does?
Nah. I'm not a big drinker, so if I do have something to drink I don't worry about it. Maybe one beer, or a glass of sangria if I'm out. I do take prenatals, a b complex, and some other supplements (that I wouldn't be taking if I weren't thinking I could get pg). But as far as living my life differently? Nah. Not until I see 2 pink lines!

AFM - based on my temp I think I might be O'ing today. I'm not sure DH will want to dtd tonight. I've been kinda in the mood for it the past few days and last night was like pulling teeth w/him. I even told him, listen buddy, most men would kill for a wife who wanted to dtd this often, now lets get going! He is completely flabbergasted by my sex drive these past few months. I tell you, the things that happen when you go off hormonal b/c!

I'm kind of annoyed really b/c I spent the better part of 11 years on some sort of b/c, not realizing it was causing my low libido. I even thought maybe something was wrong w/my relationship w/DH. I've bought books on low sex drive, on how to match your sex drive w/your partner's, etc. All I had to do was ditch the frickin' pill! Ugh! I've been missing out on YEARS of enjoying time w/my husband! Makes me so mad.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#62 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I'm kind of annoyed really b/c I spent the better part of 11 years on some sort of b/c, not realizing it was causing my low libido. I even thought maybe something was wrong w/my relationship w/DH. I've bought books on low sex drive, on how to match your sex drive w/your partner's, etc. All I had to do was ditch the frickin' pill! Ugh! I've been missing out on YEARS of enjoying time w/my husband! Makes me so mad.
Imagine how many other women are going through the same thing and I don't realize the cause. So, so many women say they could take sex or leave it, more often leave it. How would that change if they weren't on bc?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#63 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, ladies, I am inviting you into the insanity that is my own head.

I've decided that I'm pg. I'm feeling very nauseous today. I've got super sonic smell (that I only get when I'm pg). I cooked my usual eggs for breakfast this morning and couldn't finish them because they smelled like a barn to me. My dh said they just smelled like pepper. I could smell my dh's BO from the other side of the house. I have no energy. Even though I went for a walk yesterday and this morning all I want to do is sleep.

Of course, at maybe 2dpo it's way too early for any pg symptoms. The nausea is almost certainly from increasing my metformin dose. Nausea is a major side effect of just starting metformin. I think the low energy can probably be attributed to that, too. I can't explain the super sonic smell, though. We'll see if I feel the same in 3 or 4 days.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#64 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:

I've decided that I'm pg. I'm feeling very nauseous today. I've got super sonic smell (that I only get when I'm pg). I cooked my usual eggs for breakfast this morning and couldn't finish them because they smelled like a barn to me. My dh said they just smelled like pepper. I could smell my dh's BO from the other side of the house. I have no energy. Even though I went for a walk yesterday and this morning all I want to do is sleep.

Of course, at maybe 2dpo it's way too early for any pg symptoms. The nausea is almost certainly from increasing my metformin dose. Nausea is a major side effect of just starting metformin. I think the low energy can probably be attributed to that, too. I can't explain the super sonic smell, though. We'll see if I feel the same in 3 or 4 days.
How exciting! I had super early symptoms with some of mine as well. I'm of the mind that our bodies know something is different even if the egg hasn't implanted yet. There are just some things medical science can't explain. Of course sometimes PMS symptoms are very much like pregnancy symptoms, so who knows. Try not to analyze too much.

I logged on today just to say: I want another baby!!!!!!!!!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#65 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 04:16 PM

Just stopping by to send baby dust to all
I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#66 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

you are funny!

how exciting

have you started progesterone? are you certain that you O'ed?
#67 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 PM

DH's post v-reversal counts came back....looks good! Oh boy so now this is feeling a bit more real than it did when we didn't know if it was a go or not! Hmmm, I wonder what God has in store for us!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#68 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolip View Post
have you started progesterone? are you certain that you O'ed?
Not yet. I'm waiting for at least one more high temp tomorrow to definitely confirm O. I have been waffling about whether or not to wait until 4dpo but all my signs are clearly showing O so I think 3 will be enough.

Kindermama ~ Exciting news!

#69 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I've decided that I'm pg.
yeah, me too!

If you're insane I'm certifiable. I hope your symptoms are pg symptoms even though you said this timing isn't your preference. C'mon, sticky baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
DH's post v-reversal counts came back....looks good! Oh boy so now this is feeling a bit more real than it did when we didn't know if it was a go or not! Hmmm, I wonder what God has in store for us!
Good luck!!

AFM - TERRIBLE O pains today, but get this -- on the LEFT side. I always always have O pains on the right side. Every cycle that I can remember, anyway. I was doing some reading about this and it seems like some women can have a dominant ovary that most of the eggs come from. I wonder if the fact that the other side is "working" is from the supplements I've been taking? Hmm, interesting!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#70 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
: I wonder if the fact that the other side is "working" is from the supplements I've been taking? Hmm, interesting!!
That would be very interesting!! I'm noticing this month is the first month in about four months that I've actually had a decent amount of fertile seeming CF, AND I've had light o type pains for two days now. I'm taking it as a good sign! Trying to get bd in tonight since it's my last 'night' off in a while. After today I won't be home until 130am for a week. And if we dtd today, and I o as usual, then that should leave us with about 2 and 4 days before o. I'm ok with that, and even better if we sneak one more in.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#71 of 437 Old 09-04-2010, 11:55 PM

Woo hoo JJ great signs! GL!

#72 of 437 Old 09-05-2010, 09:27 AM

Me again!

Woo hoo I think I O'ed! Almost time to chill!

Chart

And I think I'm getting a UTI. Gonna pick up some cranberry tablets today at the HFS.

How is everybody doing??

#73 of 437 Old 09-05-2010, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ That does look like O. That's interesting about the O pain. I almost always feel what I think could be O pain on my right side. I've felt it a few times on my left. I read that O is supposed to alternate between ovaries so I wondered why I would feel it mostly only on one side. That's interesting that I could have a dominate ovary.

JJ ~

AFM, I got my crosshairs today. I think it's safe to start using the P today. What do you all think?

#74 of 437 Old 09-05-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
AFM, I got my crosshairs today. I think it's safe to start using the P today. What do you all think?
I agree! What's that, dtd on O day and O-4? I would start it.

#75 of 437 Old 09-05-2010, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
What's that, dtd on O day and O-4?
Yep, exactly the same as last cycle. FF is only counting the O day BD and Ovusoft rates the O day BD as best and the O-4 day BD as low.

This may be my last chance. Last night when I pushed dh about why he wasn't interested in dtd with me he said that, according to my chart, I was about to O and we don't use protection. I guess that means he's planning to start avoiding again. Hopefully, it's too late.

#76 of 437 Old 09-05-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
This may be my last chance. Last night when I pushed dh about why he wasn't interested in dtd with me he said that, according to my chart, I was about to O and we don't use protection. I guess that means he's planning to start avoiding again. Hopefully, it's too late.

That's just so frustrating. I thought he was coming around. Ugh. Men.

DH didn't want to dtd last night either, but he claimed he was just burnt out. I kinda was too, and wasn't feeling it so I didn't push it. I just wish he were a little more sensitive about saying no. He doesn't realize, I don't think, how his words can sting. Instead of being like, "No, I'm not really in the mood," he tells me, "You're ridiculous! Every night?!?" It's like, um...isn't that what men want?? Geez. And I'm not even doing it just to make a baby. I'm just really interested in dtd these days!

And this was after asking me to brush my teeth so we could make out. I'm like, ok, so you ask me to freshen my breath for nothing?? Reminds me of that song "did I shave my legs for this", LOL!

#77 of 437 Old 09-05-2010, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
"You're ridiculous! Every night?!?" It's like, um...isn't that what men want?? Geez. And I'm not even doing it just to make a baby. I'm just really interested in dtd these days!
Seriously! I said something similar to my dh about how most men would be so happy if their wives wanted to dtd as much as I do. Last night wasn't for BD, either, because I was almost 100% certain I had Oed 2 days before. It was just because I wanted to.

It also goes to show that even though I explained it to him several times, he still doesn't understand how this all works. Anyone who understood the rules of FAM/NFP would know from my chart that I most likely already Oed and it was too late for me get pg from dtd now.

Quote:
And this was after asking me to brush my teeth so we could make out. I'm like, ok, so you ask me to freshen my breath for nothing?? Reminds me of that song "did I shave my legs for this", LOL!

I think I'm going to push a serious conversation about babies tonight. I'm going to lay everything out for my dh again about how much I want another baby. Last night I was seriously questioning if I could stay happily married to him if he denied me this. It's just not fair that he has all the power in this and I don't have a choice.

#78 of 437 Old 09-05-2010, 12:39 PM

Kim and MW - serious to you both!

Kindermama - that is exciting news!

So I don't know where I stand yet as to whether I'm ready for another baby or not. I'm getting a lot of bad vibes from the outside world (at work and from my family) because they don't seem to think that we should have more than 3 children. I just don't know. My plans have all been changed in the last 5 years. I was on my way to medical school when DH and I decided that we didn't want to wait for children, then we had three. 2 were planned, #3 was a surprise. We love having kids so much that we've talked about having 4-6 children. At this point, I don't think I will ever go to medical school. I have a B.S. in Biology and am finishing my masters in public health this year. I work as a veterinary technician. DH is a restaurant manager and a substitute postman. He's holding on, waiting for full-time, permanent employment at the post office.

Things are really tight right now, but we're headed in the right direction. I just keep thinking that my life is not as it should be right now though. I feel like I have a little of everything and not enough of anything, kwim? I'm being pulled in way too many directions and can't settle with one thing. I'd like to just stay home and be a mom or go back to school so DH can SAH or pursue a career in one of the fields I'm already educated in. I'm just stuck.

And until DH gets full-time employment, we can't really do anything. I'm sorry this post is so long, and I didn't really get anywhere with it, did I?

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#79 of 437 Old 09-05-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
... It's just not fair that he has all the power in this and I don't have a choice.
i think you are onto something here. very interesting to think about power and control.

just pondering....

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#80 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 01:23 AM

Ok, MW, since you owned up to some *ahem* craziness. Now it's my turn. I'm not even PAST o yet, but my cervix area has been feeling weird and twitchy-like all day, and I keep going hmmmmmmm.....

SERIOUSLY?!!!! Ugh. I wish the crazy thoughts would hold off until I've at least confirmed ovulation. I don't want to wonder if every tiny twitch or oddity MEANS something for the next two weeks.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#81 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 08:15 AM

I`ve just had this feeling for a while that this month is IT.
No birth control since May, but no action in bed at the right times either.
Positive O test Friday evening. Still (wery) positive Saturday evening.
DTD mid-day on Saturday. Must have O-ed saturday evening or the night to sunday, right? ( I don`t temp or check other things)
That means we must have DTD the perfect time, don`t you think?
With my three previous pregnancies I`ve gotten pregnant the first month two times, and within two or three months with the third.
I`m just soooo curious, and can`t wait to test!
These days are going to pass by sooo slowly...
Trying to tell myself that I statistic have about 25% and that it is more likely that I`m not going to get pregnant.
Think I`ll burn off the first test at about 11 DPO.
(what happened to the "Whatevering")

Proud Norwegian mother of four intact boys, expecting a little baby May 2011!
#82 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraPolaris View Post
Positive O test Friday evening. Still (wery) positive Saturday evening.
DTD mid-day on Saturday. Must have O-ed saturday evening or the night to sunday, right? ( I don`t temp or check other things)
That means we must have DTD the perfect time, don`t you think?
If you did O according to when the opk predicted, it would have been sometime between 12-36 hours after the first +. Your timing is good. I've read that most pgs occur from dtd at O-2 or O-1 or a combo of one of those and O day rather than just O day. It's better to dtd before O day. O day is still good, just not the best timing if that's the only day you dtd. There's also the possibility that you didn't O in spite of the positive opk. OPKs do not guarantee that O will happen. They are just another tool like CF and CP that tell you when you are potentially fertile.

JJ ~ That's funny. I get these sort of achy feelings up there sometimes. It finally occurred to me just the other day that maybe it's my cervix. Don't know why it would ache, though.

I am now feeling like I am not pg. No reason. Just my mood, I guess.

#83 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 AM

JJ - OMG I hear you. This cycle I'm trying to ignore everything and it's pretty much working. I'm going to temp tmw and that's IT. Confirm O with 3 high temps and then put the therm away. And live my life like normal. B/c w/great timing this month, and great timing last month, and good timing the two cycles before -- I'm OVER it. I'm over the drama, I'm over thinking this *has* to be it. It's going to happen when it's going to happen. I'm giving it up to a higher power or fate or whatever!!

And I have a UTI. Ugh. I'm pushing cranberry tablets and fluids. Anybody have any other remedies?? I'm dying here!

Aurora - hopefully for you this *is* it! LOL! It does sound like you caught that perfect window!

MW - Did you have that chat w/your dh?

#84 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
And I have a UTI. Ugh. I'm pushing cranberry tablets and fluids. Anybody have any other remedies?? I'm dying here!
My fave home remedy site: EarthClinic UTI Remedies

They tell you to do Apple Cider Vinegar for EVERYTHING -- it's sort of a family joke now -- but a LOT of good ideas.

I'd try the Alka-Seltzer, which supposedly makes it feel better but doesn't do anything to cure the infection, and the cranberry and . . . ACV

GOOD LUCK!

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#85 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ I've never had an UTI so I have no idea what helps clear it up.

DH and I did talk some last night. I don't think we came to any kind of conclusion. I wrote down a bunch of "I feel/I want" statements about him trying to avoid pg. It essentially came down to me thinking that I might not be able to remain happily married to him without holding any resentments if he refuses to even allow for the possibility of another baby. I told him it felt unfair to me that he could just say he wasn't going to do it and leave me with no options. His response was that the opposite would create the same situation for him. If we continue to dtd without protection or precaution, I will almost certainly get pg and, hopefully, have a live baby at some point, which would just be too bad for him.

He brought up the whole being gone a lot because of work thing. I told him that if that was the only reason for not wanting another baby then get another job. That wasn't acceptable to him because he really likes what he does. I responded that I know that, which is why I have never before asked him to quit even though it's so hard on me when he's gone so much. I would not ask him to give up something that is so important to him. I also pointed out that his job is his choice and he knew what it would entail when he joined so it's not fair to now use that as a reason for not having more children.

So then he said that if he got a civilian job I would probably have to go back to work. I argued that he does not know that. That would depend on a lot of factors that we don't even know right now. Of course, he was talking about in order to maintain our current lifestyle. First, I don't buy that. Yeah, we'd lose his BAH and free medical insurance but his salary would almost certainly be considerably more in a civilian job. I think it would probably even out. Also, I don't have any problem with downsizing our life. I've been telling him that I wish I had bought a smaller house for us now. We have a lot of extras that we don't need and I'd be more than willing to give up for another baby.

Then he brought up that I had said I would be done after ds3 but now I want another. When would it end? I answered honestly that I don't know. I did think I'd be done after ds3 but I'm not. I can't explain why. I mean, before I met and married dh, I didn't want any more kids at all. I told him that I doubt I'd want and probably wouldn't be able to have another baby at 44+, assuming I had one at 41, but I really can't say for sure.

That's pretty much where it ended. We didn't agree on anything. I don't know if we ever will. Both of our opinions, wants/needs and feelings are (should be) equal but, unfortunately, they are opposite.

#86 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

I wanted to clarify something that I posted in last month's thread that's been bothering me. I said that maybe some people shouldn't have babies because of quality of life issues. I did not mean that people with special needs should not be born. I meant very extreme cases maybe like if there's a genetic issue that would mean that no babies born to a person would survive for more than a few days. I thought of that because I knew a woman once who discovered after having a baby boy that died just a few days after birth that it was virtually impossible for her to have a boy who would survive. She had some very rare genetic disorder that causes a problem only in boys so that all of her boys would die. The only way she could safely have a genetic baby of her own was to do IVF with gender selection and transfer only female embryos. Anyway, I just want to say that so that you all didn't think I was the type of person who thought people with special needs shouldn't exist or something really messed up like that.

#87 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 12:17 PM

MW - at least you both got your feelings out and heard. It's a starting point. I mean, I can see both sides. It just sucks that you're in an impasse. Someone is going to have to give. I hope you can find a compromise.

Rara - thanks for that link. I also dug around on the internet and saw that GSE is a good remedy. I have that on hand already so I just downed the first dose in water b/c I'm thinking I'm tough - BLECH!! OMG I almost threw up! And now my throat is raw in addition. Ugh, next time it's going in juice!!

And it would be my luck that I have this killer uti and might need abx - and be pg. So maybe my awful luck will result in a bfp. Haha, at least I can hope, lol.

#88 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 01:31 PM

I just started drinking that "pom" juice. The uber expensive antioxidant one. I grabbed it on a whim because I always buy DH those expensive Odwalla smoothies, but never drink them myself and I wanted to splurge. But the stuff is supposed to be chocked full of antioxidants, I wonder if that would make a difference? I've never had (that I realized) a UTI, but I've noticed in the past few months I've started getting hemroids, which I've never had before. Need to do some gooogling there, but keep forgetting.

It took me several months to figure out the cramy/twingy feeling, but I'm fairly sure it's where my cervix should be, and it makes sense that it would feel 'odd', because it's working to change length, shape, firmness, etc, and I think that's what I'm feeling.

*hugs* MW, those talks are NOT easy. Little by little though.

Aurora- Sounds good to me!! We're in the same kind of boat. We've been 'whatevering' for a few months, but never really with well timed BD, so this is the first month that really seems like it "should" work. I think that's why I'm now reading so mcuh into everything.

So, I can't confirm yet, but for the past three days I've had left side o type pain, which stopped this morning, my CP yesterday was open and not just soft, but GOOPY almost. I tihnk my CF today might be going to creamy already, and I had three glorious days of EW. And then today my temp spiked. So I need a few more days, but I'm fairly sure I o'ed. That puts us o-2 and o-4 like I thought we probably would be. I'm good with that.

#89 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 03:34 PM

I'm feeling a little better! I also took some ibuprofen which helped w/the pain while the other stuff can have a chance to work. I'm supposed to avoid sugar and juice other than pure cranberry, so we'll see. I really don't want to take abx!!

JJ - post your chart! Now that there's some temps I wanna see!

Ooh, wanna ? What do you think guys? I only need one more high temp to confirm, but I know I o'd. It's not like last cycle at all w/mysterious temps and weird cm. As soon as my temp spiked, I was sticky to dry and I just feel post o.

#90 of 437 Old 09-06-2010, 03:52 PM

You certainly have some good BD in there!! I seriously don't even understand how people dtd that often. Even when I want to, I know my body can't handle it. I get way too sore, I've noticed if I try to dtd the next day, I'm ok at first, but then I realize I'm actually bruised inside. No idea why, it's not like we're rough. *scratches head*

Anyways, my chart doens't look like much, since I only started temping a few days before o, but it's enough that I feel like fairly confident as long as the temp tomorrow is high. Charty Chart

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page