The September "Whatever" Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 437 Old 09-07-2010, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
OMG I gargled with it (almost) straight once and gave myself a chemical burn all over my mouth OW OW OW. Careful! It's almost as acidic as battery acid (I discovered afterward.)
OUCH!

I feel sad just thinking about this, but back when DD was a few months old, I swabbed her mouth w/diluted GSE when I had thrush. She didn't like it. Now I know why! Poor baby!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#122 of 437 Old 09-07-2010, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Kimmie ~ I meant to respond to you before. When I knew dh was going to w/d I was never disappointed. It was a lot easier to deal with the fact that I wasn't pg because I knew that's how it was going to be. After that one time he messed up and got me pg and then didn't go back to w/d after I m/ced, everything changed. Now that's all I want. If I knew dh were going to w/d ahead of time or if he tried to use a condom, I probably wouldn't even bother dtd with him. But we have other issues.

On your chart, I think it's possible you Oed on cd14. I also can see why you might question it. If you use the ROT, you can ignore your cd13 temp. That would make your CL 97.1 and you've got 3 temps above that.

Carrie ~ That's interesting and makes a lot of sense now. 1000 follicles a month is 12,000 a year, on average. I must be really low on follies now.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#123 of 437 Old 09-07-2010, 04:35 PM

Kim, I think FF is going off your CF and first little temp rise there. I think it could certainly be right, but as MW said, I see where you might doubt it too. Hmmmmm.

About the wanting sex when you can't have it...hahaha I know. For us this weekend it's because we were camping with family. There was nowhere to go, it's not like we could disappear into the woods, and family has a camper but it's not ours to DTD in. By the time we crashed in our tent at night we were too tired, plus DS was right there.

Oh well. Closer to O now anyway. I'm kind of almost looking forward to another 2WW. My last one I was way too obsessive because it was my first non-avoiding 2WW ever. This one will be more FUN! LOL or so I tell myself.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#124 of 437 Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Kimmie ~ I meant to respond to you before. When I knew dh was going to w/d I was never disappointed. It was a lot easier to deal with the fact that I wasn't pg because I knew that's how it was going to be. After that one time he messed up and got me pg and then didn't go back to w/d after I m/ced, everything changed. Now that's all I want. If I knew dh were going to w/d ahead of time or if he tried to use a condom, I probably wouldn't even bother dtd with him. But we have other issues.

On your chart, I think it's possible you Oed on cd14. I also can see why you might question it. If you use the ROT, you can ignore your cd13 temp. That would make your CL 97.1 and you've got 3 temps above that.
Yes, that is my issue too! I had a miscarriage last month and now I want a baby! When I know he's going to w/d every time then I don't really think about being pregnant or wondering about the ifs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Kim, I think FF is going off your CF and first little temp rise there. I think it could certainly be right, but as MW said, I see where you might doubt it too. Hmmmmm.
Thanks to both of you. It's just by my body that I was sure FF was wrong. I still felt fertile on CD15. Even though I recorded creamy it was definitely wet as well, and I had tO pains and that "fertile feeling" is the only way I know how to describe it.

I'm going to try plugging it all in to ovusoft and see what it says. Otherwise I'll just wait for AF a few days earlier than I think she should be here. lol Since there's no chance of pregnancy it doesn't really matter all that much.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#125 of 437 Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
I'm going to try plugging it all in to ovusoft and see what it says. Otherwise I'll just wait for AF a few days earlier than I think she should be here. lol Since there's no chance of pregnancy it doesn't really matter all that much.
Which O detector do you have FF set to? If it's set to Advanced, switching it to FAM might give you a different day.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#126 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Which O detector do you have FF set to? If it's set to Advanced, switching it to FAM might give you a different day.
Yep, you are right! I switched it and it gives me the O date that I feel is more correct. I also entered my info into Ovusoft and got the same. The only difference is that Ovusoft gives me a CL one degree higher (97.3) than FF.

It can be confusing for me because sometimes it takes a while for my temps to show ovulation. So I'll pay less attention to the temps and focus on the signs, but even they are confusing ("fertile" cm past O etc.). I had a pregnancy chart with ds2 that was so crazy! I knew when I O'd because I used opk's, ferning scope etc. and my CM had dried up. I didn't get a temp rise until 3 days later, and even then it was really low, like touching the coverline. However, my O date was correct because I got a + pregnancy test at 9dpo...and if I'd followed the chart's idea of when I O'd because of my temps I would have only been 4dpo. So yeah, case in point of my wacky temps that don't go up when they should.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#127 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I didn't get a temp rise until 3 days later, and even then it was really low, like touching the coverline.
That's not unheard of. TCOYF discusses the fact that temping can only pinpoint O to within 3 days because it can take up to 3 days for temps to reflect it. Also, while the norm for FAM is to have a 0.1 degree rise above the CL, that is not set in stone. There are variation, like a slow rise, stair-step rise, fallback rise, etc. The CL is really only a visual aid so that it's easier to see the shift in temps from low to high. It doesn't actually have any real significance. Some people (and FF Advanced, I think) sometimes go by when their temp rises at least 0.4 degree above the previous day's temp regardless of whether or not it's above the CL.

There's also the NFP rules of low temp level (LTL) and high temp level (HTL) that can sometimes help when temps using FAM rules might be confusing. The LTL is set on the highest temp in the previous group of 6. The HTL is set 0.4 degree above the LTL. Then your first 3 thermal shift temps are supposed to be above the LTL with at least one at or above the HTL. If one of those 3 temps does not get at or above the HTL, you are supposed to wait to see if the 4th temp gets up there. I'm not sure what the rule is if the 4th temp doesn't get high enough.

I will sometimes compare both on my charts to see if one makes more sense to me than the other.

#128 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 10:39 AM

I'm on cd14 of a m/c cycle. DH and I dtd last night and I can't help but thinking that this is going to work out I'm very hopeful today.

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#129 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM

No BD last night either. But my temp is still low today so I guess I still have a chance this cycle.

#130 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
That's not unheard of. TCOYF discusses the fact that temping can only pinpoint O to within 3 days because it can take up to 3 days for temps to reflect it. Also, while the norm for FAM is to have a 0.1 degree rise above the CL, that is not set in stone. There are variation, like a slow rise, stair-step rise, fallback rise, etc. The CL is really only a visual aid so that it's easier to see the shift in temps from low to high. It doesn't actually have any real significance. Some people (and FF Advanced, I think) sometimes go by when their temp rises at least 0.4 degree above the previous day's temp regardless of whether or not it's above the CL.

There's also the NFP rules of low temp level (LTL) and high temp level (HTL) that can sometimes help when temps using FAM rules might be confusing. The LTL is set on the highest temp in the previous group of 6. The HTL is set 0.4 degree above the LTL. Then your first 3 thermal shift temps are supposed to be above the LTL with at least one at or above the HTL. If one of those 3 temps does not get at or above the HTL, you are supposed to wait to see if the 4th temp gets up there. I'm not sure what the rule is if the 4th temp doesn't get high enough.

I will sometimes compare both on my charts to see if one makes more sense to me than the other.
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing that info. I did know about the slow rise etc. but wasn't aware of all the other stuff. It sure does make interpreting my chart more difficult. If I don't pinpoint O correctly and I am "late" I think I'm pregnant. I just wish mine was a clear cut shift every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Mama Doula View Post
I'm on cd14 of a m/c cycle. DH and I dtd last night and I can't help but thinking that this is going to work out I'm very hopeful today.
Woohoo!! Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know why my temps would be so low this month? Could it have anything to do with last months miscarriage? Normally my temps are on the lower side, but these were a record low pre-o and don't seem to be getting very high post-o either! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681

#131 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Does anyone know why my temps would be so low this month? Could it have anything to do with last months miscarriage? Normally my temps are on the lower side, but these were a record low pre-o and don't seem to be getting very high post-o either! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681
Your temps don't look that different from last cycle to me. Your first 4 post-O temps last cycle ranged from 97.1-97.3, pretty much the same as your last 4 temps. I don't think your thermal shift is all that ambiguous. Yeah, there's a slight chance you didn't O when FF says but if you use the ROT to ignore your cd13 temp, the thermal shift is clear.

MMD ~ Here's to being hopeful!

#132 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 03:00 PM

Just a quick one for such a pretty chart.

Prettiness Here

Trying not to get my hopes up. Telling myself that timing doesn't guarantee anything.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#133 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Prettiness Here

Trying not to get my hopes up. Telling myself that timing doesn't guarantee anything.
What a beauty!

I know. I'm telling myself the same darn thing. But I'm still hopeful b/c why not? LOL! What am I going to be, all pessimistic? That's just not in my personality!

Interesting tidbit - I blew my nose today and it was a bit bloody. That never happens unless I'm in the throes of a cold or pg. Of course, it could be anything. I've been doing the ACV and my friend told me it's a blood thinner (?) so I'm not sure. It's fun to speculate though!

Oh, and I temped again this am just in case my temps were high from the UTI and still up. So I'm good. I'm DONE TEMPING!!

MMD - Good luck! Fingers crossed!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#134 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Jj and babycakes and mainemama... good luck!
just caught up again. am in 2ww and hoping. oddly, i had a bit of nausea the last three mornings, but tell myself that it's too early. toooooo early. and we'll be away this weekend for a friend's wedding ... perhaps on monday there will be good news! hoping hoping for all of you and for me!
p.s. sorry i never have chart comments, my comp is so slow that usually i don't open two windows at once for fear of freezing.
#135 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 03:37 PM

haha I think I'm going to do a few more days of temps, though I'm not sure why, because I've using a fever therm and I HATE it. I think I just want more information on the paper. lol.

It's bad because I get excited and giddy and hopeful, but I don't want to read too much into the signs and be upset in two weeks because I "knew" this was it, you know?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#136 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
It's bad because I get excited and giddy and hopeful, but I don't want to read too much into the signs and be upset in two weeks because I "knew" this was it, you know?
I know, but wouldn't it be fun to be in a DDC together!?

Haha, I'm not helping am I?

#137 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 04:06 PM

Haha it would be a ton of fun to have a DDC buddy from 'whatever'. I say we ALL get pregnant this month. lol

#138 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Prettiness Here
hehe

And, afm, I am totally convinced that I am pg today. What do you all know about CP during the lp when pg and when not? Any thoughts or opinions or info you've read?

#139 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM

I haven't read anything, but it's something I've been wondering about a lot in the past few weeks, especially regarding height... If my hormones are going to go through the roof and possibly make me want to dtd all the time... then I'd love for my cervix not to be a hindrance! lol

#140 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I haven't read anything, but it's something I've been wondering about a lot in the past few weeks, especially regarding height... If my hormones are going to go through the roof and possibly make me want to dtd all the time... then I'd love for my cervix not to be a hindrance! lol
I wasn't go to share what I've read until I get answers from you all. If you'd like, I can tell you. It's not scientific, just anecdotal, at least during the lp.

#141 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Your temps don't look that different from last cycle to me. Your first 4 post-O temps last cycle ranged from 97.1-97.3, pretty much the same as your last 4 temps. I don't think your thermal shift is all that ambiguous. Yeah, there's a slight chance you didn't O when FF says but if you use the ROT to ignore your cd13 temp, the thermal shift is clear.

MMD ~ Here's to being hopeful!
Hmm I guess you are right. I don't know, I guess because my temps used to be so much higher (97's pre o and 98's post o) I'm feeling like they are really low now. Can breastfeeding affect that?

Quote:

Prettiness Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
What a beauty!

I know. I'm telling myself the same darn thing. But I'm still hopeful b/c why not? LOL! What am I going to be, all pessimistic? That's just not in my personality!

Interesting tidbit - I blew my nose today and it was a bit bloody. That never happens unless I'm in the throes of a cold or pg. Of course, it could be anything. I've been doing the ACV and my friend told me it's a blood thinner (?) so I'm not sure. It's fun to speculate though!

Oh, and I temped again this am just in case my temps were high from the UTI and still up. So I'm good. I'm DONE TEMPING!!

MMD - Good luck! Fingers crossed!

Quote:
hehe

And, afm, I am totally convinced that I am pg today. What do you all know about CP during the lp when pg and when not? Any thoughts or opinions or info you've read?
I know nothing about CP at all. I'm one of those that's too squemish to check. I do know that CM changes while pregnant. I've had my share of that!

#142 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Can breastfeeding affect that?

I know nothing about CP at all. I'm one of those that's too squemish to check. I do know that CM changes while pregnant. I've had my share of that!
I don't know if breastfeeding can make temps lower. I didn't notice that happen with me.

CF is supposed to be creamy and CP is supposed to be HSC when pg but that's after several weeks. Scientifically, that info doesn't apply to the lp. However, I have read a lot of anecdotal info to really make me wonder. CF means nothing for me at this point since I'm using progesterone suppositories.

#143 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Let me rephrase my question. Should the CP stay LFC for the majority of the lp only changing to more HSO close to when is due? Or is it normal for the CP to change to HSC during the lp?

#144 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 06:01 PM

No idea.

I'm SOOOO bloated. Ugh. I LOOK pg even if I'm not. Sucks.

#145 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I don't know if breastfeeding can make temps lower. I didn't notice that happen with me.

CF is supposed to be creamy and CP is supposed to be HSC when pg but that's after several weeks. Scientifically, that info doesn't apply to the lp. However, I have read a lot of anecdotal info to really make me wonder. CF means nothing for me at this point since I'm using progesterone suppositories.
Well, I don't believe the "scientific" evidence. I always implant way earlier than they say you're supposed to be able to. I also start having certain symptoms very early on. Even before the first positive test at 9dpo. CF was one of those...it usually goes to yellow creamy. ((sorry tmi))

#146 of 437 Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, I don't believe the "scientific" evidence.
Yeah, there is more to life than scientific evidence. Most scientific inquiries are inspired by anecdotal evidence. There used to a signs comparison on FF. You could plug in certain signs or symptoms at various dpo and get a percentage comparison of how often they occur on ovulatory vs. pregnancy vs. miscarriage charts. That's semi-scientific.

#147 of 437 Old 09-09-2010, 03:29 AM

Keep talking guys... lol My CF has been fairly thick (and getting thicker) creamy, and yes, a tad yellowish perhaps. My CP today is VERY almost unreachable high, definately closed, and firm.

I'm noticing a bit of constipation today. Probably totally unrelated, but heck I could sneeze right now and I'm going to find a way to make it into a sign

Oh, and the bloating-- I hear you. My tummy is just ALWAYS bloated, and it makes me self conscious, like people are going to think I'm pregnant even if I'm not.

It's funny about the CP... I know that fertile is supposed to be HSO, but it seems like mine is higher just after ovulation... I think it might be just the positional changes I find? I'm not sure. So confusing. I'm still learning about CP, and since I don't check everyday, it's hard to compare.

#148 of 437 Old 09-09-2010, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

I don't usually notice any bloating but I sure did yesterday. My stomach looked huge.

It took me years to learn my CP. That was the hardest for me. I had to check every day consistently for 2-3 cycles (which were looooooooooong back then) before I figured it out. I really needed to be able to notice the change before I could even begin to try to name it.

I want to give a little plug (update) about my 19yo ds after ranting about him a couple of weeks ago. If you remember, he messed up his car and had no money so I had to pay to have it fixed. Turned out his car had 2 alarm systems and when he disconnected the battery he tripped one of them so it would not allow the car to start. The aftermarket system was removed and it works fine (after a new battery because the old one got completely drained). As soon as he got paid again the first thing he did was pay me back for everything. Now he just needs to learn that it's better to make sure he has the money to cover things like that beforehand.

I also wanted to mention something else. A while back we discussed potty training and my lack thereof. I just wanted to report that my 3 year and 3 month old has started going in the toilet a lot lately completely by himself even with a trainer on. We were out shopping the other day and he told his dad that he had to go potty. At home he runs to the bathroom himself to go. No prompting or training involved.

#149 of 437 Old 09-09-2010, 08:44 AM

MW - those are fantastic updates! Glad to hear you older son's car is working and he acted responsibly when he got paid. And potty training is always good! (and sounds like it was stressfree!)

JJ - My cervix seems a little higher after O too, but like you I don't always check nor do I record it. It's one of those things that is so open to interpretation that I can't be bothered. I mean, I can tell when it's low vs high, and firm vs soft, but I can't see a pattern with any of it, lol. Though, it doesn't stop me at the end of pg trying to see if I'm dilating or not! I remember checking towards the end and my mw was floored that I knew I was about a fingertip dilated, lol.

Anyway, I've been looking around for a new midwife (for another homebirth) and have bookmarked a few. I just hope I find one I like and feel at ease. I'm still nervous about doing it again, even though I've done it before.

And I'm so. bloated. Even DH was like, "Whoa, what's going on w/you?" I think it might be b/c I've been chugging water to clear out this infection, but who knows?? Wouldn't that make me look/feel super skinny by flushing out a ton of crap?

This was my first morning not temping. Last night I purposely put my therm away in my top drawer so I wouldn't even be tempted! Good thing I did that, b/c when I woke up I had that urge and I had to think -- No! Not temping! And since I would have had to get up to get it, it wasn't an option! LOL! I feel so FREE!! I totally would have done it if I'd left it by my bed, "just to see" what was going on, lol.

#150 of 437 Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I noticed it. Not sure how common it is or if it's "supposed" to happen, but my temps were way lower when my cycles first came back and definitely rose as I cut back on breastfeeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
This was my first morning not temping. Last night I purposely put my therm away in my top drawer so I wouldn't even be tempted! Good thing I did that, b/c when I woke up I had that urge and I had to think -- No! Not temping! And since I would have had to get up to get it, it wasn't an option! LOL! I feel so FREE!! I totally would have done it if I'd left it by my bed, "just to see" what was going on, lol.
I was totally thinking you'd give in. LOL way to go!

MW, awesome updates on both your sons!

I'm in the running this month ladies! DTD last night. Here's my chart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page