The September "Whatever" Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks ladies. I need the hugs right now. I'm pretty bummed as I really felt this was it this cycle. My lp varies a bit, from 11 to 14 days. Today I used a FRER, at 11dpo. So yeah, still early, but I do sort of trust that test. It would be weird to get a bfp after that.

Bhappy - I would take that 4 am temp and add .1 for every half hour until your normal test time. Mark "adjusted" in your notes that way you can go back if you need to.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#242 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 AM

TOTALLY OT!!!

Do any of you know anything about yarn? I have this yarn that I would like to sell and I'm not sure how much to charge for it.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...eruah10004.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...eruah10001.jpg

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#243 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM

I figured it out. Sorry for taking up space.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#244 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 02:10 PM

Babycakes: I'm feeling like I'm out too... up until yesterday I was feeling really positive, and then yesterday it all just kind of went backwards. I'm having some light cramping too, and that has me convinced AF will be here tomorrow or Friday. I'm 10dpo today, so part of me wants to go pick up a test and try it, and part of me know that there's no point because it won't be a definitive negative yet, and I don't feel like it will be a positive anymore.

My Chart still looks pretty, but that's not enough...

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#245 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 02:22 PM

Thinking of all of you that are waiting for a + or a new cycle.
X my fingers for you.
I`m sorry if I`m not the best at replying to you other guys here.
Just wanted to post a final update.
My husband said something like "Well, that will be nice. Congratulations. But this WILL be the last, right??" So he told me he was kind of prepared, and ok with it. That just made my day even better. Now I can just enjoy this last journey, and x my fingers for a healthy baby in the end.

jeninejessica; I`ve had som mild cramping as well, and still have, so it could also be a early pregnancy. Hoping AF (that I still not know what means/what that is short for, just understand it`s the period)will stay away from you as well.

Proud Norwegian mother of four intact boys, expecting a little baby May 2011!
#246 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 02:29 PM

Yay Aurora! That's so nice to hear! It's a lot easier to enjoy it when the people around you are excited as well!

I know it doesn't necessarily mean I'm out... it just -feels- like it is, so I'm trying to tame my hopes a bit so it doesn't hurt so bad when/if I do get AF (Aunt Flo btw, took me a while too!)

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#247 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 02:58 PM

Aha, in Norway we call her Aunt Red!

Hope you all will join in at the due date clubs soon.

Proud Norwegian mother of four intact boys, expecting a little baby May 2011!
#248 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Aurora Congratulations again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
TOTALLY OT!!!
Mosaic Moon yarn is gorgeous. I've never actually knit with it, but I've wanted to BFL is primo for diaper soakers!

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#249 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
If it were me, I would use the 4am temp and then just round up to what it would have been if taken at the normal time instead of using the second temp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
BHappy, I would typically go with the early temp, but I have to admit I was too lazy this morning to look too hard for your chart ...do you have a chart online?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Bhappy - I would take that 4 am temp and add .1 for every half hour until your normal test time. Mark "adjusted" in your notes that way you can go back if you need to.
thanks you guys. i've never done this kind of adjusting. i did what you suggested, baby cakes and kimmie and added to my 4am temp. i thought it would be important to adjust this particular temp because it makes a difference in my chart! now today's temp is up after all...

you can see my chart here: BHappy's Chart

aurora ~ i'm so glad to hear about your dh and his reaction. that's awesome! i hope i can join you in ddc soon, too

jj ~ your chart looks nice, yes. i know we have to stay balanced. i'm crossing my fingers for you

afm, i'm not even officially in the tww yet, and i'm feeling like i'm buzzing with possibility. oh dear. it's going to be a long two weeks!

xxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#250 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Babycakes: I'm feeling like I'm out too... up until yesterday I was feeling really positive, and then yesterday it all just kind of went backwards. I'm having some light cramping too, and that has me convinced AF will be here tomorrow or Friday. I'm 10dpo today, so part of me wants to go pick up a test and try it, and part of me know that there's no point because it won't be a definitive negative yet, and I don't feel like it will be a positive anymore.

My Chart still looks pretty, but that's not enough...

Hold out till Saturday, I say. If you can. It's tough knowing it's neg today and having to wait for now. She might not show till late Saturday and I'm just ready for the next cycle already.

Guys, I don't know. I'm losing hope. I think I need to be bombarded w/great thoughts and "it'll happen soon" vibes.

This afternoon, DH finally caught on that I was acting kinda bummed I guess, and pulled me into his arms and asked me what's wrong. I wasn't going to tell him, I was going to just be whatever and let come and then tell him when she arrived. But he had me so tight and I needed to vent, so I told him the test was negative.
Girls, he started to cry. He said he was so sorry and he actually cried. OMG. This is so tough. I feel like such a...not a failure. But I do feel like I've let him down. His hopes must have been so high for him to be upset.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#251 of 437 Old 09-15-2010, 09:54 PM

Aww hun, I wish I had great ideas. I feel like a ticking time bomb today. I'm prettttyy much a mess. I feel so pathetic. All I want to do is go to the store and buy a schwack of tests and start taking them. You guys have rubbed off on me and it's not in a good way!! It just feels like you try so hard, and you do everything you think of... and then again, nothing. It's wierd Babycakes, you mentioning how upset he was, because I think in some ways that's whats making me feel less optomistic, is that we had a talk last night about whether you 'would know' if you were really pregnant, nad he basically said that he figured if I didn't -know- then I probably wasn't. And then... we were talking and he basically admitted that he's freaked all the heck out, and though he's excited, his mindi s also going a mile a minute trying to process it all.

Meaning-- now my zen, optimistic attitude is out the window. I need help. We need a support group.

And I get it... you're right, it really sucks knowing it's 'over' and just having to wait for af to come. But in my mind right now, it feels like it would be easier to just know.

#252 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Mama Doula View Post
Aurora
Mosaic Moon yarn is gorgeous. I've never actually knit with it, but I've wanted to BFL is primo for diaper soakers!
It does work up wonderfully! Let me know if you'd like to give it a try. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Guys, I don't know. I'm losing hope. I think I need to be bombarded w/great thoughts and "it'll happen soon" vibes.

This afternoon, DH finally caught on that I was acting kinda bummed I guess, and pulled me into his arms and asked me what's wrong. I wasn't going to tell him, I was going to just be whatever and let come and then tell him when she arrived. But he had me so tight and I needed to vent, so I told him the test was negative.
Girls, he started to cry. He said he was so sorry and he actually cried. OMG. This is so tough. I feel like such a...not a failure. But I do feel like I've let him down. His hopes must have been so high for him to be upset.
Oh mama I'm sorry for you and your Dh. It WILL happen soon. Just hang in there. I really hope it turns out to be a BFP for you this month. If not this month, then very very soon!!!!!!

AFM: Is it crazy that even though I really have NO chance of being pregnant this month I'm actually hoping that I am? I just think "Oh, what a lovely surprise that would be!" I know it won't happen, but a girl can dream.

#253 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 09:41 AM

Kim I am right there with you! I have probably a week til O, and we haven't even DTD yet this cycle, and when we do, DH will probably use protection.

my mantra lately has been, a baby will happen when it is the right time for him/her to happen. Whenever it comes, it will be perfect. it helps with my zen a bit.

I am starting to hear the you're still nursing!!! comments . . .I just say, yup, if it ain't broke, why mess with it? but once DS slows down a bit, and eats more solids, maybe after a year? One one hand, I look forward to certain things (underwire bras, no more pumping!!) but I will miss it too once he really begins weaning. I think my cycle will regulate better, and make whatevering easier too.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#254 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
Kim I am right there with you! I have probably a week til O, and we haven't even DTD yet this cycle, and when we do, DH will probably use protection.

my mantra lately has been, a baby will happen when it is the right time for him/her to happen. Whenever it comes, it will be perfect. it helps with my zen a bit.

I am starting to hear the you're still nursing!!! comments . . .I just say, yup, if it ain't broke, why mess with it? but once DS slows down a bit, and eats more solids, maybe after a year? One one hand, I look forward to certain things (underwire bras, no more pumping!!) but I will miss it too once he really begins weaning. I think my cycle will regulate better, and make whatevering easier too.
Oh my goodness. I hate it when people make those comments! DS3 is 19 months now and I think people have mostly just quit asking when I'm going to stop.

#255 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 02:49 PM

Carrie

AFM: Just waiting for a sign of anything, O, AF, pg, anything. I still haven't felt fertile and I'm on CD22 of my m/c cycle. I can't wait for SOMETHING to happen.

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#256 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 02:56 PM

Waaaaaaiiiiiiittttttinnnnnnng SUCKS! I think this is true no matter what stage of waiting you're in. And every time you hit a new stage, it seems like that's the worst one. It's impossible

#257 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 03:52 PM

Ok, so get this. I was super nauseus last night, light headed, had to be slow with my movements, the whole jazz. And of course even though it's really too early for that to mean anything, the wheels in your head start turning...

And this morning, I realized that it's because when I borrowed a cup of 'sugar' from my in laws yesterday, what they actually gave me, was splenda, or some form of sugar substitute. And then I gorged myself on 1/3 of a cake made with that crap. I can't even drink a couple sips of a diet coke without feeling gross, no WONDER I was sick. *shakes head* Ugh. I'd like to feel better now.

#258 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 05:46 PM

So, here I am 11 dpo. I do not chart but I know when I o'ed because I can feel it and we bd'ed just hours before that- not planned, it's just when we ended up making love. Now 11 days later, I have pretty bad AF cramps but only on the right side. Actually I also had some sharp twinges in the same area yesterday come to think of it. I never ever get cramps unless my flow is about to start (which it hasn't). I spotted twice today and unless I was looking at the tp, I wouldn't have noticed--it was literally a spot or two of pink mucus. I also have had a migraine for the last 24 hours--it's pretty much gone now. The migraine is tripping me up because if I get one, it usually starts just before my AF literally starts flowing---it's been 24 hours since the migraine started!

I took an HPT today and it was negative. Maybe my cycle is just going to be wonky this month. Say it comes today or tomorrow--that would be a 23-24 day cycle instead of my usual 26-28 day cycle. What are the chances I could be pregnant if I got a negative at 11 dpo? I bet this post is all for naught and my AF will just start early this month---but I can't help but wonder---it's just so weird to have cramps and no flow! Also weird that my dreams have been exceptionally vivid for the last few nights. Also weird that me and DH both woke up yesterday and told each other about the positive digital HPT dream we both had!

Going a little with suspense over here!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#259 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Meaning-- now my zen, optimistic attitude is out the window. I need help. We need a support group.

And I get it... you're right, it really sucks knowing it's 'over' and just having to wait for af to come. But in my mind right now, it feels like it would be easier to just know.
Sending you some zen, sweetie! It is so hard b/c as much as you try not to get your hopes up, they are inevitably up by the time af is due, and its just such a major bummer when she shows. I hope this is your month, still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
What are the chances I could be pregnant if I got a negative at 11 dpo?
I dunno, but I also got a bfn at 11 dpo and some people say don't give up yet. Testing early is testing early. Sometimes it just doesn't pick it up until af is late. But...personally for myself, I'm kind of a believer that if it's bfn @ 11dpo, I'm out. I think it depends on when it all implants and starts kicking out the hormones.

AFM - Still no af here, but I broke out like CRAZY in the past day or so, so I'm pretty sure af is on her friggin' way. Wonderful. UGH I am so done w/having my period. I want 9+ months off!!

Come on babies, come find us! We all want you to come join our families!!

#260 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 08:20 PM

Thought this was interesting...

http://history.nih.gov/exhibits/thin.../timeline.html

#261 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 PM

to all waiting. it gets really sucky.

xxo

p.s. ff gave me crosshairs today: it could have happened. now i get to join the ranks of the waiters. is anyone else 3dpo or so?

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#262 of 437 Old 09-16-2010, 11:24 PM

whoa! i was only gone a few days and so much happened! congrats to aurora! i like aunt red.
MW, are you gone now? i am disappointed that you are leaving because you have so many interesting things to say and you are kind of glue for this thread. but i get it why you would need to take a break. update us if you and dh have any breakthroughs, pg, or anything.
babycakes- feeling a bit sad for you. i too was sure this was my month and got AF right on the dot. blah. but you haven't gotten it yet so maybe you won't??
i kind of don't want a july baby and was considering taking a month off but perhaps that is ridiculous? sigh. do you all believe in astrology at all? i am libra and have found that cancer is a tough sign for me. but maybe that is silliness.
while you are all waiting, drink plenty of water. put a splash of lemon juice in it to help with the electrolyte absorption. and for those pre-O like me- if you are on the east coast anyway, this nice cooler weather sure makes dtd more appealing???
goodnight ladies and best wishes to all.
#263 of 437 Old 09-17-2010, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Shannon does EC with her kids. If she's still here, maybe she can tell you more about it. I read a little but I'm not good at following schedules and being consistent the way I got the impression you need to be.
I'm here! Trying to catch up after being out of town & haven't read the rest of the thread but I thought I'd better stop to respond to this! EC is tons of fun...I wouldn't characterize it as following schedules, though consistency can be important (some people successfully part time EC, though). It's really more like the communication that goes on between you and baby regarding breastfeeding...you get that same kind of connection with ECing. And once you get the hang of it you can't not do it! I recommending reading Diaper Free! & finding other EC families to chat w/ either IRL or online.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#264 of 437 Old 09-17-2010, 03:30 AM

Thanks MM-- I do find it very interesting. DH is more skeptical, but it's definately something I'll look into more once we're actually pregnancy.

As for the 10, 11, 12 etc day... What I remember is that "generally" your hcg levels are around 20-25 at 10dpo, and they double every two days. So it's very possible to get a negative at 10dpo, if you say had only 20, or the test wasn't as sensitive as it claimed (most detect 25)... but then by 12dpo I think it would be abnormal to get a neg and you still be pregnant. Now... where exactly 11dpo fits into that, I'm not sure. But the important thing to remember is that these are all based on "normal" and typical values... and we know not every woman is identical-- so you could have a totally normal pregnnacy, but not have your HCG register high enough until a couple days after what is typically expected.

Bhappy-- fingers crossed for you.

hilary-- I'm not a huge 'follower' of astrology, but I do find quite often the personality descriptions fit pretty well. I think whether you avoid or not depends on how badly you want a pregnancy. For me- I would not do anything to avoid a pregnancy right now, even if it weren't my preferred month, but if it's that important to you, then don't discount that!

AFM: I'm officially 12dpo (it's 130am here) so technically AF is due sometime today (well... after I go to sleep and wake up). I very badly would not like to see her, but I don't feel anything either way. My CF is masked again today because we dtd, so I can't even really tell anything from that. My cervix is relatively low, and firm and closed. It's weird, and perhaps TMI, but I feel like I can feel a flap over it or something like that, that I've never noticed before. It felt very odd. My temp was down .1 today, but I also slept with the window wide open, so it doesn't really mean anything. I'm torn between wanting to know NOW, and just not wanting to know because I don't want to be disappointed.

#265 of 437 Old 09-17-2010, 10:50 AM

I'm not going to test, I repeat, I'm not going to test! Why? Because I used up my last IC the other day! I'm almost certain I'm pregnant but there is always that doubt when I don't have a positive test or a missed period yet. I'm going to test on Monday if AF doesn't show on Sunday. The cramps I'm having are so very different from my normal AF cramps--much more intense, sharp and intermittent. I checked my post history for my last two pregnancies and both times I mentioned having strong cramps way before AF was due. This could all be a fluke though. It's hard not to be hopeful!

#266 of 437 Old 09-17-2010, 10:52 AM

s to those who are having a tough time with the waiting. I'm sorry so many people are feeling so bummed. Not so much whatever around here lately huh?

I changed my mind about bringing my thermometer on my trip. I just really, really like temping and can't give it up I guess. My Saturday temp will probably be way off, but then my Sunday through Thursday temps will be similar to each other, although different from my usual temp time. So I should at least be able to see from that if my temp starts dropping around 11 dpo, and surmise that I'm not pregnant, or that my temp is still high on 14 dpo and surmise that I probably am pregnant. So I want it with for that. I promise not to obsess over what the temps are doing beyond that though.

And no tests until Friday, by which point I won't really need them.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#267 of 437 Old 09-17-2010, 01:17 PM

haha It's funny to see how much you get used to something and don't want to stop. It's a sense of peace.

I think I'm going to try to go buy a test secretly today. I don't really want to tell DH, as I wanted it to be somewhat of a surprise, even though he knows I'll know "soon". I won't get a chance to take it until tomorrow morning, and at this point I have no feeling one way or the other if I'll get AF before then. My temp was fairly flat this morning compared to the past few days, and I had gas like pains very low down, but it's too early in the day for other symptoms.

As for whatever... not right nwo . If this isn't the month I'll be whatever again in a few days though. My new 'goal' is to do some hot yoga classes before we get pregnant if this isn't it.

#268 of 437 Old 09-17-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
If this isn't the month I'll be whatever again in a few days though. My new 'goal' is to do some hot yoga classes before we get pregnant if this isn't it.
I have similar goals if I'm not P this month! I've just lost over 9 lbs recently and I was hoping to lose like, oh, 15 more by the end of the year!

I need to read up if you can lose weight while pregnant---It's not like I'm dieting--I'm just eating primal/paleo style and not overeating! I'm losing weight naturally with that and exercising 5 times a week.

#269 of 437 Old 09-17-2010, 01:38 PM

Yeah, I wanted to lose weight, and I've lost almost 10 lbs miraculously (I didn't make any changes that i can think of...) but I still have a pot belly I wanted to get rid of. However-- I've said C'est la vie! If I don't lose the weight, then that's fine. The hot yoga is actually for my husband. He has a back injury and needs to start it, but I wanted to do it with him so he doesn't feel so awkward.

My understanding for exercise during pregnancy is essentially just that you can continue as long as you were exercising on a regular basis before pregnancy. They just don't want you to start some crazy program while pregnant and overwhelm your body.

#270 of 437 Old 09-17-2010, 01:39 PM

ps. My husband just brought in my NEW THERMOMETER!! Yay!!! I took my temp, just to compare, as I've been sitting down for a while, and on the new bbt it was 98.4 and on my fever therm I've been using it was 98.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page