naive question about pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2010, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On August 6th, my dearest and I were having sex and the condom came off and "went missing". I went to the doctor and had it removed (it was behind my cervix, and when I asked the doctor what the likelihood was that I could get pregnant, he said it was minimal as the incident occurred during my period. Typically my cycle is three days on (bleeding), one day off and then a final day on. The sex was during the tail end of the 3rd day when my period had temporarily stopped. However, my period did not return after the 3rd day. It is now September 11th and my period was due to start on the 3rd...and it's not here. I don't feel pregnant (although I don't really know what pregnant feels like) but I don't have any PMS symptoms either. I am planning to visit the doctor on Monday, but am wondering if I could have conceived during menstruation?
I have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately, but the stress has passed and still no period. Also, I have never been this late before. I have also had a lot of discharge, primarily clear egg yolk or milky egg yolk.
Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2010, 07:05 PM

You cannot conceive during menses, but you CAN conceive during some light bleeding that you may have thought was menses, when it actually wasn't. Pretty rare, but some women do have mid month bleeding sometimes and this can be mistaken for Menses. I'm currently late for my period too... so we'll see how this goes!

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
You cannot conceive during menses, but you CAN conceive during some light bleeding that you may have thought was menses, when it actually wasn't. Pretty rare, but some women do have mid month bleeding sometimes and this can be mistaken for Menses. I'm currently late for my period too... so we'll see how this goes!
not true. You CAN conceive during AF - it's all about how long the sperm can survive in comparison to how early you ovulate. But I do agree it would be very rare.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 09-12-2010, 12:22 AM

I guess that could be true but that would have to either be super long lasting sperm or an abnormally early ovulation... lol. So rather rare. Typically you're fine the first week after menses... after that you're in the danger zone i would think up until a few days after ovulation.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The egg white discharge you are talking about sounds like the fertile discharge women get during peak opportunity to get pregnant. It's most likely that the stress had delayed ovulation....which is very common. The time between AF and ovulation fluctuations greatly and is often thrown off by stress, even mild stressers or happy stressers like vacation, moving, a wedding, etc, while the time between ovulation and the arrival of AF is normally quite consistent.

It sounds like you are just having a late ovulation due to stress.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 09-12-2010, 01:47 AM

my AF child is asleep in her bed-yes we are sure!

Mama to Q (9/03) and M (12/06) :
Old 09-12-2010, 04:53 AM

You could go pee on a stick.

Resistance is futile Matey
Old 09-12-2010, 11:35 AM

I'm a huge fan of taking a test if thinking one might be pregnant.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Two of my friends got pregnant when they had sex at the end of their period. It DOES happens if you ovulate early!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys

User Tag List