Feeling pregnant right away - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2010, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I have been suffering from tremendous anxiety for the past 3 days due to strong pregnancy symptoms. I have 3 children, the youngest, 3.5 months old. I do not want to have any more children, at least, not any time soon. I have been nursing my daughter frequently, as well as my 2 year old, from time to time. My DH is active Army and is stationed in another state, and came home to be with us for a few days this past week. My menses has not yet resumed, but I'm not sure if I was ovulating or not. We have been using condoms, but on one occasion he didn't put one on until a few minutes after having sex. I have been feeling nauseous, light headed and all together out of it. My DH thinks I'm crazy to think I'm pg, but I can't ignore these strong signs. I think it might be too soon to take a pg test, since it has only been a week since we began having sex.

If I were to be pg, I would highly consider terminating the pregnancy, and it devastates me to even contemplate this option. I just can't put myself in a situation where I have no support from my husband (who will be deploying in the next few months) or family members nearby. I have 3 small children who depend fully on me to be at 100% for them. I have been researching medical v surgical abortion procedures, and am conflicted as to which would be the best option for me. I absolutely do not want to interfere with breastfeeding my baby. Does anyone have any experience dealing with elective termination and breastfeeding a younger infant? I just want to know how better to prepare myself in the case that I might be pg.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2010, 07:01 PM

Sorry to say it, but if you're looking for support regarding a pregnancy termination you may be looking in the wrong place. Most of us here are pro-life but we won't tell you what choice to make, that's up to you.

It does sound like it should still be a bit early to test though... takes a bit for implantation to occur... can't test and get a + until implantation has happened.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:50 PM

I don't have any info for you, but if you are exclusively bf'ing your 3.5 mo old, it's highly unlikely that you are pg.

It's all very overwhelming right now, but those symptoms could be anything. Sleep deprivation, exhaustion. Are you eating enough?

I say wait another week or so and take a test.

I hope you get the result you want.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 09-12-2010, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

I know that there is a very good chance that I am not pregnant, yet I cannot explain why I am feeling this way. It is all too familiar, and so hard to ignore. That being said, I fully understand that this is not the ideal forum to be discussing elective termination, yet, I have seen posts in the past regarding this issue. I'm not trying to gain support for considering this option, as it is a heartbreaking one for me to even entertain. I have been breastfeeding since 2003, without a break in between, and my last pregnancy took a huge toll on me physically. My husband was given orders to leave our home state 3 weeks before our 3rd was born, and I have had no help whatsoever from anyone raising my 3 children. If my husband were here with me all the time, I might feel differently about the whole situation. I cannot be with him, because my first son is from a previous marriage and his father will not let me take him out of the state. It scares me to think of going through the whole severe morning sickness/fatigue/sciatica for the next few months, and having no one here to turn to. I was just hoping that someone who maybe might have had a similar situation and would know something about elective termination while breastfeeding.

Thanks again for your responses.

User Tag List