First cycle after birth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-11-2010, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After my first dd, I just randomly got my period at about 6 months pp. I remember being surprised by it - I was still exclusively breastfeeding and just hadn't noticed any real body changes leading up to it. In retrospect, I realize my supply diminished a bit but increased pretty quickly after my period.

Six years later I'm almost a year pp with my second dd. Haven't gotten a period yet. However, a few days ago I had that heavy, achey feeling that accompanies ovulation, as well as tons of cm - some ewcm. I assumed I was gearing up to ovulate and have my first period 2 weeks or so later. Last night though I woke up with SERIOUS cramping, loose bowels and achiness. I would have bet a million dollars that I had my period. Went to check and NOTHING. I realize that if I o'd a few days ago I probably wouldn't have my period yet but what's with this awful "phantom period" feeling?

Does anyone remember this? Are first pp periods weird? What's going on here?

Mama to Maia (12/04), Nora (9/09), Sam (8/12) and Step-mama to Aidan (3/02) and Luci (10/04).

#2 of 3 Old 09-13-2010, 05:23 PM

I had the most obvious EWCF ever my first PP cycle after my 2nd child. I remember thinking that I'd probably get my first AF around my little boy's birthday, but I didn't give it a ton of thought. Sure enough, AF came the day before his birthday.
I would continue to be aware. It sounds like you did ovulate. I think you are feeling all sorts of female things that have been on hold for a year so you are more aware of them.
PP cylces are weird and can stay that way for several months.

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#3 of 3 Old 09-15-2010, 01:36 PM

I've found my first couple PP cycles are really off. I usually have a *very* short luteal phase, so would get my period only 8-10 days after ovulating.

I'm also closing in on a year PP and waaaaaaaiting to get my period again! Hints of fertile quality mucus on and off, but nothing else yet....

slinggirl.gif  Melissa: wife todh_malesling.GIF, mama to 5 dear children grouphug.gif and remembering Matthias angel2.gif (8.9.05 - 8.10.05)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page