First PP cycles - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-18-2010, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is considered normal for the first few months? Pretty much anything?

DD2 is 13-months old and I got my first pp period 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks before that I had LOTS of cramping, lots of ewcm, and I would have bet $1000 I was gearing up to get my cycle back. I was right.

I haven't really noticed any ewcm at all since my period ended, maybe once when I wiped in the bathroom. I did have a little cramping this past week, and increased sex drive which I knows comes with ovulation usually, but the no ewcm has me confused.

I'm new at the whole natural family planning stuff. I'm not really being super active about, just trying to learn my body's signals.

Casey, wife to Danny, mom to Olive : and Darcy : .
#2 of 3 Old 09-19-2010, 11:48 AM

I just got my first PP cycle when my daughter was almost 13 mos old as well. I happened to catch my first ovulation by taking OPKs...I have been taking them sporadically since she was about 6 months old.

To give you an idea, my luteal phase from that cycle was *4 days* which to me is insane, but is supposed to be totally normal. My period was pretty normal, maybe even lighter than normal, which I guess if you only have 4 days to build up lining is to be expected.

This cycle, I am ovulating today, which is **CD 31!!** I used to ovulate on day 14 or 15, so this is kinda weird.

So yeah, I'd say pretty much anything is to be expected. We use FAM so it has been a bit confusing, but no slip-ups so far. I will admit I took a pregnancy test yesterday, before I got the positive on the OPK. I use to have very short cycles (24 or 25 days total) so going 30 days without a period made me paranoid.

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#3 of 3 Old 09-19-2010, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I'm so confused with what is going on. I think I ovulated this past week (CD 18-20 ??) because I had the normal abdominal cramping and the same tender nipples for a couple days that I had my first cycle, but no substantial fertile cm. (The tenderness is totally gone or else I might have thought I was pregnant.) I am just beginning to try and read my body's fertility signals as I don't want to use any hormonal birth control. I guess learning after 22 plus months of no period is kind of a crazy idea.

Casey, wife to Danny, mom to Olive : and Darcy : .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page