Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - October - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 77 Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
wellllll, after temping today the CH's are back. where they were before. ummmm. ok. i guess iw ill know for sure if i start AF? right? what is the longest i would wait for AF?
there is def no O on that chart. temp shift or not (I'd say not), those aren't post O temps.
FF was created for people TTC so it is *trying* to find an O where it can.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#62 of 77 Old 10-26-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
there is def no O on that chart. temp shift or not (I'd say not), those aren't post O temps.
FF was created for people TTC so it is *trying* to find an O where it can.

yeah i think i knew that but am so new to this. i am kinda sad bc i wish AF would just start already. it has been almost 4.5 years since i had a real AF and i just want to have a def safe zone for DTD already. i feel like we are taking a chance everytime we DTD and it kinda sucks. lol. i knew it couldnt be true though cuz there is no CM. stuck on dry. for forever it seems.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#63 of 77 Old 10-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Hello! I am joining this thread now!! I took my Mirena out last night (yes, I did it myself) after realizing that all the weird funkiness I've been dealing with for months are actually side effects of the hormones. So, I'm back to charting for TTA. I very successfully TTA (I mean I didn't get pregnant so that's successful, right?) for 18 months just using CM/CP. I'm glad to be back to just me and my normal hormones but I have no idea where I'm at in my cycle. I'll be really really happy to have a real period, too! I don't have an online chart, I'm just using an app on my iPad. I'll have to see if I can upload it somewhere.

Just wanted to drop in an say "Hey!"

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#64 of 77 Old 10-28-2010, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Welcome Trish!

I just wanted to let everyone know (but no one IRL ) that DH and I had a long talk and he said he doesn't really want to wait til April to start trying. (We're not getting any younger and if we want 4, we need to keep moving ) He'd like to start trying in December. Just by him saying that I realized how ready I am. (I was like how about tonight? OK, OK, December...)

So there's only one cycle between me and TTC!

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#65 of 77 Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 AM

My LP's have been decently irregular. They start around the same time, just around 16 days, then they end at different times. I generally have LP's around 10-13 or 12 days, sometimes 14 days. Occasionally I'll have a 9 day one. Then I'll have a really odd day one, like 8 days or just recently 7 days.

Part of me isn't concerned, but does that happen to anyone else? Or is it something I should seek more info on or fix it somehow?

Just a few possible causes for the irregular LP's...
-I gave birth just over a year ago. We weren't able to BF but I don't think my milk fully dried up till recently, So maybe it's still regulating?
-We just had a big weather change to cooler weather, when spring hit and the weather got warm I had a cycle that just kept going (it was something like 31 days, I don't think I ever O'd, but it looked like my body was trying to). So I was thinking that since the weather is cooler and days are shorter it went off like that for a cycle (I do remember hearing that seasonal changes can affect a cycle).
-Also, I'm staying with family for a bit and generally when more than one woman is together for a period of time their cycles start to match some, well my mom is going through menopause and having really irregular cycles, could that affect mine?

Any ideas or thoughts would help, I'm just a little confused over this. I understand having irregular cycles, but irregular LPs are something different, they don't talk about that in TTOYF.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#66 of 77 Old 10-28-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

TrishWSU: Welcome! I'll add you to the OP. Let me know if you have a chart you want me to include.

Blueone: I'm putting you in the OP too, unless I hear otherwise. Unfortunately, I have no clue about irregular LPs.

Xerxella: Yay for you! We just recently committed to a plan to TTC #1 in January ourselves. I'm excited about the prospect, but also a tiny bit terrified. So I'm happy to have 2 more cycles to CTA and prepare for the idea of becoming a mo... a mothe... a parent.

Now if my replacement thermometer would just show up in the mail.
#67 of 77 Old 10-29-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capretta View Post

Blueone: I'm putting you in the OP too, unless I hear otherwise. Unfortunately, I have no clue about irregular LPs.
That's fine! I've actually realized it's every other cycle that has a short LP, so I guess it's just one ovary. In the past it was 10-11 days and sometimes it still is. I'm hoping it catches up with the other side soon.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#68 of 77 Old 10-29-2010, 02:11 AM

Xerxella & caprettaYay for TTC soon! I'm planning on TTC a sibling for my 1st surro baby in June and I can't wait. Having a good charting history from TTA really helps when you switch to TTC.

So, I *think* I might be starting AF now. It's so hard to tell post-Mirena. I would always have completely random spotting and I think I was just on AF, or as close to it as you get with a Mirena. I had spotting everyday from Oct 21-26ish (it was really annoying because every month I'd spot for like a few hours or a few days, then nothing for a day, then it'd come back.) I removed my Mirena the night of the 27th, so I don't know if this is too soon to have a "real" AF but I'm going to count it as CD 1 just so I have a starting point with my chart.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#69 of 77 Old 10-29-2010, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueone View Post
I've actually realized it's every other cycle that has a short LP, so I guess it's just one ovary. In the past it was 10-11 days and sometimes it still is. I'm hoping it catches up with the other side soon.
Interesting. I was trying to figure out why I alternate heavy/light menses and was wondering if that might be related my ovaries producing different amounts of hormones. Can that happen? I thought I had read that the ovaries alternate in releasing eggs (in TCOYF) but I couldn't find that when I went looking for it.

Also, TrishWSU ugh, what a pain. Hope things even out for you soon.
#70 of 77 Old 10-30-2010, 04:11 AM

I think I spoke too soon. It was just heavier spotting/light bleeding that only laste a couple of hours. Same thing today. Grrr...Luckily I'm in Iraq and my DH is in the US so I really don't need to worry about the "avoiding" factor right now. I just hope things are on track next month when I go home.

#71 of 77 Old 10-30-2010, 11:30 AM

so i think most of you know my history but if not here is a little background. I joined this thread in april as I was tta for the first time and had a really strange chart and came on this thread for some questions. Turns out I was pg and it was a huge shock, we were not financially or emotionally ready and dh was freaked out. Fast forward to august where I had finally accepted the pg and was expecting a 5th child to join our family. We found out at 17 wks that my son had died.
Dh was atamate that he was DONE and I just new I couldn't be not after losing my son, I knew we were supposed to have 1 more so I have been charting and dh has gone back and forth. No more babies, ok, no more babies, ok, etc. Well turns out his ok (even though he changed his mind 3 days later) hit right on our romantic anniversary weekend in loss vegas and lookie here
So looks like I can be removed from this thread. Please pray for us that we do not need to return anytime soon. I don't think I can take another loss right now.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#72 of 77 Old 10-30-2010, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post
Well turns out his ok (even though he changed his mind 3 days later) hit right on our romantic anniversary weekend in loss vegas and lookie here
So looks like I can be removed from this thread. Please pray for us that we do not need to return anytime soon. I don't think I can take another loss right now.
oh my gosh!

stick baby, stick!

I'm so sorry for your loss and I really hope you will have a live baby in your arms soon!
#73 of 77 Old 10-30-2010, 04:02 PM

thank you toolip. I am a little excited but I have done PAL before and am really not looking forward to that part of this. Also dh is DONE and I think he will probably do something permananat in the near future so this is my last chance.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#74 of 77 Old 10-30-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations and theboysmama!

If you like I can move you to graduates instead of taking you off all together.
#75 of 77 Old 10-31-2010, 01:50 AM

Oh wow, congrats!! What a great Vegas souviener!! Sticky, sticky baby thoughts for a HH9M!

#76 of 77 Old 10-31-2010, 10:11 AM

graduate would be great. Thanks for the congrats.
I hate PAL, this is gonnal be a heck of a ride. I am an emotional basket case right now.

#77 of 77 Old 11-01-2010, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

Moved you to graduates in the new thread, theboysmama.

BTW, November thread is up!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page