The October "Whatever" Thread - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Carrie ~ From my experience with Answer opks, I say that is not positive yet. Those tricked me a lot. They would get so close and I thought they were positive but I wouldn't O. I'd keep testing and eventually I'd get a very definite positive where the test line was way darker than the control and I'd O soon after. That's why I don't like those. They are very sensitive or have a lot of dye or something so that the test line is confusing.
Remember you asked me why I needed to see a blaring positive? Maybe it's b/c of these Answer tests being so close but no cigar! LOL!

This whole time I was using first response ones (that's all they had at Target besides the digital ones) and that was one of my last answer ones! LOL!

Anyway, this morning I got this! That's a First Response test. Weeee! No questioning that one!
What's funny about this situation is that when this happened when we were trying for DD, we got the + opk and STOPPED DTD. OMG I was just telling DH this and he was like, wow, really? I said yeah, b/c we were trying to sway for a girl! I just can't believe we did that and it WORKED. Not only did I get pregnant but we did have a girl. I have to have faith that our next baby will join us at just the right time, and not one minute sooner. B/c it happens in mysterious ways.

I'm feeling pretty good today (despite having that nagging O pain that keeps me from being too active).

My temp has a major rise to do tmw, so I'm giving it little pep talks! I think a nice, clear 97.5 or higher would be awesome.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#332 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Carrie, I feel as you do, that bubs will join us at the perfect time. DH was pushing for a boy, so held off until the CBEFM said peak (I didn't get any highs) and we DTD on the 2 peak days. and we did have a boy.

MW: I really thought I did O, but way back earlier in my cycle, I am thinking after you mentioning it, maybe I had a cyst or something? I don't know. But I do have a consult with the GYN next week on Thurs, I am hoping he will do some bloodwork, I would at least like to see how I am doing healthwise before we really gear up to try/whatever for baby #2.

How's your knitting going? I don't remember if you got any requests/orders out of the family day event

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#333 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Remember you asked me why I needed to see a blaring positive? Maybe it's b/c of these Answer tests being so close but no cigar! LOL!
I misunderstood what you were saying. I didn't realize you weren't sure if what you had before was + or not. I thought that you were sure you had gotten a + but were waiting for a darker +, which can happen if you continue testing.

A lot of people on FF do that. They'll get a + but continue using opks and get a darker + later that same day or the next day and then get a lighter, negative the next day or something like that. All that is doing is detecting the first part of the surge and then the peak. They seem to think there's some significance to identifying the peak but I don't know why that's important. I've never read from any opk instructions that identifying the peak of the LH surge would help predict or pinpoint O more accurately. All any of them say is that once you get that first +, regardless of how positive it is, you should expect to O within a certain amount of time.

Today's definitely is +. Are the First Response ones hard to read, too? The reason I ask is because First Response and Answer brands are made by the same company so I imagine they would be very similar (if not identical except for packaging or something silly like that).

Katrina ~ Hmm...wouldn't it be nice to know for sure? Sometimes I wish I had a doc that I could pop in to see any time I wanted something checked. My RE in VA was like that. I could call them up and get in the same day for anything.

I have not gotten any calls about my knitting yet. I'm beginning to think that photographer wasn't serious. I have found some patterns and have been thinking of just making some things and putting them up for sale to see what happens.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#334 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
They seem to think there's some significance to identifying the peak but I don't know why that's important. I've never read from any opk instructions that identifying the peak of the LH surge would help predict or pinpoint O more accurately. All any of them say is that once you get that first +, regardless of how positive it is, you should expect to O within a certain amount of time.

I don't think seeing the peak is necessarily important, but it sure is neat. It happened to me last cycle. I got a few dark ones. I guess it just helped me know O hadn't happened yet? Hmm. But yeah it doesn't really help you pinpoint anything any better.

I like the FR a little better. The lines seem to be more solid rather than fuzzy -- but they're pretty much the same. Nothing special.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#335 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I got a few dark ones. I guess it just helped me know O hadn't happened yet?
I'm not sure that's what that indicates, though. The egg starts it's final maturation right before being released as soon as the LH reaches that minimum critical level. It doesn't wait for the peak. The LH can continue to rise for a bit after that but they egg could have already been released. I think at that point it depends on how mature the egg is when the LH first surges.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#336 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 02:30 PM

I've just been reading some more info on opks and the LH surge. While you should expect to O within 12-48 hours of getting that first + opk, peak fertility is 36 hours after getting that + opk. Maybe there is something to determining the peak of the LH surge.

#337 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 02:30 PM

This article says:

Quote:
When a woman ovulates, various hormones in her body are synchronized to prepare her for ovulation, fertilization and implantation. Ovulation occurs approximately 10-12 hours after the LH peak.
So maybe if you keep testing and see the fade in/fade out with a peak test in the middle, you CAN pinpoint a little better?

So far, I've O'd within 36 hours of the first positive opk, but always within 1 day of the peak (going both by temp and by having a negative opk about 10-12 hours from the peak opk). Interesting.

#338 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 03:19 PM

Hm...I wonder what that means for me. I got a negative opk on Tuesday, 2 + Wednesday morning, a negative that afternoon and 2 negatives this morning. I don't know about a peak but I always O within 2 days of getting that first +. I have sometimes Oed the same day, too, it seems.

#339 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 04:26 PM

You might not have the fade in/fade out. Lots of women don't. I think that's why they say don't bother doing more after that first positive, b/c for most women, it's not going to get much darker or anything. And that would be a waste of tests/money.

W/two pos yesterday morning and negs today, plus looking at your past charts, I bet your temp goes up tmw.

#340 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
W/two pos yesterday morning and negs today, plus looking at your past charts, I bet your temp goes up tmw.
I hope I get at least one more day before I O. I hope it's not today. We didn't dtd last night and I still haven't really had any CF, much less ewcf. I marked ew on my chart because I got a very tiny glob of sort of stretchy, snotty looking stuff when I checked my CP. I usually get a few days of a lot of very obvious ewcf before I O. Plus, my CP always goes HSO for at least a couple of days but it hasn't done that yet.

#341 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 PM

Make sure you dtd tonight, just in case! Ok, we'll see what tmws temp does. Ooh I'm hopeful for you!!

#342 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Make sure you dtd tonight, just in case! Ok, we'll see what tmws temp does. Ooh I'm hopeful for you!!
Oh, we are definitely dtd tonight no matter what! DH has the day off tomorrow because the Ball for his unit is tomorrow night so he's got no excuses. Whenever he hems and haws I jokingly challenge him. I say things like, "Oh, you can't take it? You must be getting old." Then he has to prove to me that he's still up for the job.

The other night we didn't dtd and I told him he was guilty of dereliction of duty. The next night he made a point of staying awake just to dtd. Is it sad that I can manipulate him like that? We finally got to see a counselor. He told me that one of the things he told the counselor was that I can read him like a book even when he tries to deny it.

#343 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 08:55 PM

MW, you're too funny.
I'm so glad you two are seeing a counselor. That warms my heart. I think this will be good for both of you, no matter what.

o/t - my workouts have been horrible this week. Last week I reached new goals and felt great, but this week I'm barely scraping by. Today was a lost cause. The O pains I was having were debilitating. I'm really not even exaggerating! I managed 2.5 miles but just barely, and nowhere near my greatest time. Maybe an 11.5 min mile? Ugh, so frustrating.
At least I also got in a 45 min stroller walk this morning w/DD -- though we got bagels during so I'm pretty sure I ate back all the calories I burned and then some!

How is everyone else's workout/fitness regimes going?

#344 of 355 Old 10-28-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
MW, you're too funny.
I'm so glad you two are seeing a counselor. That warms my heart. I think this will be good for both of you, no matter what.
Seeing the counselor was actually very frustrating. We were told they couldn't help us there and referred us out. Apparently, our situation isn't bad enough. I think they must only deal with domestic violence and child abuse. The counselor talked to Sean separately first. He said the first thing she asked was how he dealt with his anger and she asked other leading questions that seemed to be getting at whether or not he was violent or abusive. At the end of it, she said we had a very good marriage and she should know because she'd been in the business for a long time.

My diet and workout plans are not happening. I get so frustrated and overwhelmed about eating right. It seems so hopeless because I don't have access to organic, grassfed meats, and even if I did, I couldn't afford them. Also, I'm not very motivated about making food all day so end up eventually eating processed foods of some sort or another. Ugh, all negativity on that.

Same with working out. I did my Firm cardio sculpt DVD once last week but haven't done anything this week.

#345 of 355 Old 10-29-2010, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

MW- We have the same problem. In an ideal world, I'd eat a lot better than I do, but the reality is that I just don't have the time/energy to do that much preparing. I can't wait until at least I'm at home more, because right now, I'm lucky if I remember to eat, let alone eat healthy.

And man, that counselling sounds so frustrating. I've been once- my parents divorced when I was 8, and they were convinced (or family convinced them or something) that I was going to be severely emotionally damage, so I was made to go. I had one session, and never went back, and was told years later that the therapist told my parents that I was perfectly fine, well adjusted and emotionally balanced, but that the two of them obviously had serious individual issues (that she had noticed through the booking process and debriefing afterwards). Kind of ironic!

My workout regime is nonexistant. I feel like I'm so busy with work I don't have time for anything. I work 4-1230, so I'm gone from 3pm until about 1:15am. Then I get home, and need to unwind, hence me being here at almost 2am. I go to bed around 2:30, and sleep until usually 11am or 12noon. Once I get up I shower, have something to eat, and prepare for work again... by this time its usually 1pm, and I only have two hours left until I have to leave for work again. And the kicker, is that I'm taking two classes right now, so I try to get that done on breaks at work and in the morning once I wake up. gah. I'm stressed just writing about it.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#346 of 355 Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
MW- We have the same problem. In an ideal world, I'd eat a lot better than I do, but the reality is that I just don't have the time/energy to do that much preparing. I can't wait until at least I'm at home more, because right now, I'm lucky if I remember to eat, let alone eat healthy.
I get into this hopeless place where I think there's no point in even trying to eat healthy and then I go on a junk eating binge. I need to stop that. Mainly, I need to give myself more credit for the times when I do what I want and eat healthy food rather than just focusing on all the junk. My dh is very good at denying himself so he doesn't understand why I don't just not eat whatever it is. But, man, if the only food I get enjoyment from eating is dessert, why should I deny myself that? I really don't enjoy or get excited about meals and eating the way most people seem to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
And man, that counseling sounds so frustrating.
Yeah, it was very frustrating to spend 2 hours essentially pouring out all of our personal business to have this person say, "Sorry. I can't help you." She could tell I was very disappointed, too, because she basically said that to me. I was almost in tears when she said she'd have to refer us somewhere else. That's when she told me that she thought we had a really good marriage "even if it doesn't really feel like it at the moment". Gee, thanks, but that doesn't really help me now, does it?

Our relationship has been a lot better lately, though. We've been able to have some really good discussions when we've gotten upset with each other. I think my dh is finally realizing that it's better to talk to me when there's a problem rather than trying to avoid it. When he's done that we've been able to resolve things.

A kind of funny thing, though. The counselor did send my dh home with a book about anger although I was the one who complained about being angry all the time. She said he has "sneaky anger" that she thinks he does to try to express to me that I can't count on him because he's just going to have to leave again. What that means is that he says he will do something but then doesn't follow through. Passive/aggressive, which is what I've always said about him. I don't see the not following through. He does a lot for me and the kids and around the house. I do see the sneaky anger in other ways, though, like when he says he gets what I'm saying but he really doesn't and is just saying that in hopes that I will shut up and leave him alone. Anyway, with the few discussions we've had lately, I think he's beginning to realize that's not the way it works with me. I'm babbling now so I'll shut up.

#347 of 355 Old 10-29-2010, 05:28 PM

MW: I am glad you saw a counselor, even though it wasn't much help. Also good your DH and you are talking more, that is fantastic!

We are really trying to eat more fruits and veggies, but it is tough! we eat out a bit too . . .I like to cook, and I like to prep, but I really hate cleaning up! DH doesn't mind cleaning up after us, but does it in his own time.

Work out, what workout? We keep meaning to, but it is so busy! and honestly, I don't make enough effort either. I am so happy to be on a new cycle. Just found out friends who I was preggo buddies with for DS are pregnant with #3, a surprise (the DH was supposed to get snipped, but procrastinated) . . .I would love to be preggo buddies again! I told DH I am getting too baby obsessed, I need something to take my mind off that! it interferes with my whatever Zen.

Hope everyone enjoys their Halloween!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#348 of 355 Old 10-30-2010, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Chart

Feeling very nauseus today. Kind of one of those where I just don't want to move, because every move lurches my tummy. It's too early for it to actually be anything, but still exciting anyways.

Accidently erased my temp today after I took it. oops. I think it was in around the same range though. Also, I know it's not valid, because the two days before are open circle, but I like seeing the 3dpo dip.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#349 of 355 Old 10-31-2010, 09:18 AM

Hooray for crosshairs!!

AFM - my exercise is going okay. Im still managing to run 2-3 times a week, it's just HARDER than it has been. I'm really going to work on getting my run times down. Eating is a huge issue for me. I always, always, always snack and eat junk. I can't seem to stop. I know if I did, I would be super skinny and I bet my work outs would be better, but it's just not as easy for me as it is for some. But, I guess if I have to have a vice, potato chips aren't the worst thing to be addicted to.

I will be conscious of what I eat moreso when/if I'm pregnant. I gained 50 lbs w/Nora and it was a huge job losing the weight. Now 2 years later I'm back to my prepreg weight and actually a smaller size, but it sure took a long time. Not worth it, IMO!!

Though, I'm hopeful to be pg over the holidays. Excuse to eat more pie.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYBODY!!

#350 of 355 Old 10-31-2010, 09:36 AM

Carrie, I am thankful to be actually about 5 lbs below pre pregnancy weight, but I still should lose a bit. Good job on the running, I am no good at that, I like the eliptical machine or just plain walking. I don't snack, I really should get in the habit of healthy snacking . . .

but Yay for crosshairs!

and JJ, nausea is a mixed blessing.

Nothing new with me, CD 4. when leaves, I will temp. I would love to get pregnant this year! though it might mean no Christmas venison . . .

#351 of 355 Old 10-31-2010, 10:34 AM

Carrie ~ Yay for crosshairs, although I'd put them a day later, which would mean you technically can't confirm O yet.

I don't know what's going on with my cycle. It still doesn't look like I Oed yet. I didn't get a temp yesterday because we were out really late Friday night/Saturday morning and I had a few drinks. Today's temp was really low, so low that I took it again right away. 97.1 the first time and 97.5 the 2nd. I used the 97.1 temp because them's the rules. The 97.5 temp wouldn't change anything overall, anyway. That's still too low to indicate O. Still no real CF, either. I also got an almost + opk again this morning. It was so close that I actually am not sure if it was negative or +. I marked it as negative since I wasn't sure. It definitely wasn't as dark as the ones from cd11.

My FF Chart

I have stopped buying so much junk/snack food for the kids and have buying more fruits and vegetables for them to snack on. They are not happy about it. I really want to cut out the unnecessary carb stuff but it's not working for me. I get so hungry if I don't eat some bread or potatoes and I literally go crazy if I don't get dessert after dinner. I don't know if that's a psychological things or a sugar addiction. I'm still at least 13 lbs above my pre-pg weight and at least 20 lbs above my ideal weight.

#352 of 355 Old 10-31-2010, 12:02 PM

MW, hmm. I'll be interested to see where your chart goes from here. I really would have thought you'd o'd already based on the + opk you had.

AFM, I like my CH's where they are. Based on a bunch of things, I really feel I o'd on cd13, but so late in the day that it wasn't reflected in my temp on cd14. CP on 14 and today is M/L and Firm, so I'm pretty sure it's a done deal. Do you really need 3 temps to confirm O even for TTC? I thought that rule was more for TTA? I could be wrong about that, but still. My temps are definitely now in post O territory and my CP is low, firm.

#353 of 355 Old 10-31-2010, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

MW- So weird! Maybe it's a really big pre-o dip? lol.

Babycakes: Timing looks good!!

akind: yay for AF! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to go for so long with no information, or chances of anything. my cycles have never been longer than 30 days, and even then sometimes it feels like you want a fast forward button so you can start the next one already.

For me, weight wise, I would LOVE to lose 5lbs, but I've come to the conclusion I probably never will. My body is at a healthy weight though, it's just that my ACTUAL health and fitness could stand to improve. One thing at a time though I guess, right now I'm just trying not to fall asleep standing up at work.

Temp nice and high again today. I think I'll keep temping on an irregular basis, to have a forewarning if it starts to drop. I'm feeling hopefuly this month, so if I all of a sudden get AF out of nowhere, that's really going to suck. I'd like some notice.

In the meantime, been overwhelmed by fatigue and nausea. Pretty sure it's a sick thing, not otherwise, but as I said, still seems exciting a bit.

#354 of 355 Old 10-31-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Do you really need 3 temps to confirm O even for TTC? I thought that rule was more for TTA?
You need 3 high temps to confirm O, period. It doesn't matter whether your are TTC or CTA.

#355 of 355 Old 11-01-2010, 06:57 PM

I went ahead and started the November thread. I hope that's ok. I posted about my frustration and confusion right now.

The November Whatever Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page