The October "Whatever" Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 355 Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so exhausted today---the kind of exhaustion that makes you feel like you have the flu (which I don't). I've had 3 things happen today that have made me think something might really be "up". For one, I suddenly saw bright yellow stars at one point today just before the exhaustion kicked in; two---I have this constant dull ache on lower right side--almost feels like it's in my hip?? and three---indigestion on an empty stomach. The reasons these things make me wonder is both my pregnancy journals from dd2 & 3 say indigestion was my first symptom and I haven't seen yellow stars since the day I gave birth to my last dd. I don't even see stars when I get my migraines so this is new symptoms for me these days. So I'm either pregnant, getting sick or like DH says, something's wrong with my hormones. I'm going to add a 3rd option on behalf of myself--I think I have chartingitis! lol!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#62 of 355 Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Oh, a trundle type bed! Why didn't I think of that? We used to store one of the mattresses under one of the beds so I know it fits. That might just work.

We have a TV in our bedroom for exactly the reason Carrie brought up. I would nurse both my boys to sleep and needed something to occupy my brain while doing it. I would have gone crazy if I had had to just sit in a dark, quiet room by myself while waiting for one of them to fall asleep. It doesn't get turned on or left on if we want to sleep or do something else. We like TV.

During the day I would nurse both of the boys wherever we were and put them down once they fell asleep. I didn't have a problem with them waking up and being upset about being in a different place. I can see my 6yo getting upset if we tried that with him now, though, like if we let him fall asleep in our room and then moved him into his.

The other night I was laying down with him and I thought he was asleep so I tried to sneak out. He was snoring and completely limp. But as I was getting up I hear this, "I see you." I was like, "Huh? What?!" It was ds. I asked him what he meant and he said he could see me trying to sneak out. I told him I was just going to the bathroom and would be right back. By the time I got back he was back to sleep. Whew!

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#63 of 355 Old 10-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
The other night I was laying down with him and I thought he was asleep so I tried to sneak out. He was snoring and completely limp. But as I was getting up I hear this, "I see you." I was like, "Huh? What?!" It was ds. I asked him what he meant and he said he could see me trying to sneak out. I told him I was just going to the bathroom and would be right back. By the time I got back he was back to sleep. Whew!

OMG! That is so adorable!

I was just popping in to see what was going on and read this - totally made my night!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#64 of 355 Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

We have a TV in our bedroom for exactly the reason Carrie brought up. I would nurse both my boys to sleep and needed something to occupy my brain while doing it. I would have gone crazy if I had had to just sit in a dark, quiet room by myself while waiting for one of them to fall asleep. It doesn't get turned on or left on if we want to sleep or do something else. We like TV.
I remember being 3/4/5 years old and desperately trying to fall asleep in the car before we got home, so that someone would carry me in and put me in my bed. For me, I was always kind of aware that I was being carried to bed and I was never upset. Falling asleep somewhere else and being carried to bed was something that I loved. I still remember the first time I fell asleep on the couch and they just left me there -- I was totally crushed!
#65 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 AM

I love Top Chef and House! We are love our TV time also, but since we have just one, I really like keeping it that way. Depending on how drowsy DS is, I can sometimes play games on my iPhone or check FB while nursing him in bed . . . I used to be able to read, but now he is too distractable. Otherwise I kind of enjoy the time in the quiet, to think or meditate on my day or whatever. But we only nurse in bed to prep for nap or bedtime really. If I did it for every nursing session, then I would need a TV!

I loved being carried to bed too! rarely ever happened though, I think because my mom was often pregnant when I was small enough for that (under age 7) and dad thought I should walk

I am wracking my brain trying to remember early pregnancy symptoms with DS . . .it is hard, because I tested + at 12 DPO, so everything after that was a for sure sign . . . coffee tasted nasty during my first trimester, but not sure when that started. My boobs were large, tender and swollen, that I know for sure, before I found out on the hpt. can't really go by that now, as I am nursing DS. Yeah, I was queasy, but not sure if that was immediately or a couple weeks after I found out . . .

all I have right now are lots of cramping, fullness, and fatigue. Just keep reminding myself that all will reveal itself in due time. One way or the other.

Glad it is Wednesday! even closer to the weekend! I really want to go to the renassaince festival this weekend, it is opening weekend and tickets are 2 for $20!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#66 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 10:36 AM

My first symptom w/DD was tender, achey boobs. I thought I could rely on that this go round, but I can't. Apparently my boobs ache and are tender after O no matter what! So, unless my skin stays clear through the whole 2ww, I'm probably not pg!!

I got my CH's this morning!! Ah, now I can relax. Haha.

AFM- I just found out one of my good friends is unexpectedly pg, almost 8 weeks along. She had an IUD in and isn't in a good place financially, emotionally, or relationship wise, and probably won't keep the baby. My heart is just aching. I know I need to search my soul and not compare her to myself but it's just not fair.

She is being very cautious in what she says to me, and apologetic b/c she knows how long I've been trying and how badly I want another baby. But it doesn't change things. I'm super bummed, bitter, angry, emotional, envious. I'm trying to be a good friend but it's hard. I really need to dig deep and just realize that what goes on with her has no bearing on what's been going on with me. I just don't know what or how to feel.

Anyway...

I have to get my house cleaned up for DD's party this weekend, but I have no motivation to do it. On the other hand, it's probably the only thing that will take my mind off this 2ww for the day!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#67 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 11:03 AM

All of the symptoms that I used to rely on to tell me I was pg in the 2ww do not work anymore. A big one for me was heartburn/indigestion. I used to never get that normally but got it really bad very early with ds2 and ds2. Now (that I'm older ) I seem to have it several times a week no matter what. I can't remember what the other things were. Maybe that was it. The one thing that does seem to happen to me is that I get supersonic smell and it's not pleasant.

Carrie. And after all that upset over when you were going to O based on the opks, you Oed right on time.

A weird thing happened to me yesterday re: opks. To satisfy my urge to poas I used an opk because I have a TON of them. I was expecting a test line because I always get a test line but I expected it to be light. It was freakin' positive! I was like, "WTH?!" I was supposed to be 4dpo, 5 days after the other + opk I got. I even posted a pic on FF and everyone that looked at it said it was definitely +. After the opk dried, it was slightly lighter so that it looks not quite +. My temp is still up today, though, so I'm as sure as I can be without temps that I Oed. OPKs are just weird.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#68 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM

Carrie ~ What you are feeling is perfectly normal and natural. It sounds like your friend understands that. I think as long as you are open and honest with her you can continue to be a support to her because she understands.

#69 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Carrie ~ What you are feeling is perfectly normal and natural. It sounds like your friend understands that. I think as long as you are open and honest with her you can continue to be a support to her because she understands.
ITA!

AFM my temp shot back up today! I have horrible uterine cramps and loose bms. Not to mention fatigue (though it's not nearly as bad as yesterdays). If this is one of nature's cruel tricks, then it's "got me" because these cramps really hurt and while I had cramps last cycle earlier than usual (10dpo) this is the earliest (6dpo) I've had them(at least that I can remember since my last pregnancy). And they don't feel like my normal AF cramps. They are tugging, aching and occasionally sharp and pretty constant. My pre-AF cramps have a rhythmic cycle and just feel different than these.

I think I will have to stop charting if this ends up being psychosomatic!

#70 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 PM

Carrie, that is a hard place to be in, for both of you. ITA with MW - so long as both of you are open and honest, you can be a support for the other.

DH is supposed to be cleaning house today b/c my parents are coming over for dinner . . . we will see how that goes.

My boobs were always tender and achy O through AF; the difference for me, on my PG cycle, was that they still were tender, achy and full on 12 DPO, usually they had "deflated" by that point, and they still were all of the above.

I am so looking forward to the chiropractor tomorrow; I have a lot of mid-back pain today which is really unusual for me. I haven't really had any back pain since I was pregnant (and that was late on, and in the lower back).

Do you think OPKs are any good after their expiration date? I just founds some IC's that expired in August 2010, not sure if they are at all accurate beyond then or should I just trash them?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#71 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 12:40 PM

Kinder ~ Very interesting. We are almost cycle buddies. I'm just one day behind you at 15dpo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
Do you think OPKs are any good after their expiration date? I just founds some IC's that expired in August 2010, not sure if they are at all accurate beyond then or should I just trash them?
I would trash them. The chemicals can become unstable over time so that the tests won't work properly. That's why they have an expiration date.

#72 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
ITA!

AFM my temp shot back up today! I have horrible uterine cramps and loose bms. Not to mention fatigue (though it's not nearly as bad as yesterdays). If this is one of nature's cruel tricks, then it's "got me" because these cramps really hurt and while I had cramps last cycle earlier than usual (10dpo) this is the earliest (6dpo) I've had them(at least that I can remember since my last pregnancy). And they don't feel like my normal AF cramps. They are tugging, aching and occasionally sharp and pretty constant. My pre-AF cramps have a rhythmic cycle and just feel different than these.

I think I will have to stop charting if this ends up being psychosomatic!
Your chart looks great!!!!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#73 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 PM

Man, I'm trying to get things accomplished today but it's hard to think about anything else when I keep getting round ligament pains when I bend over to pick stuff up off the floor! I'm assuming it's normal to have them this early and not a sign of an ectopic--I can't remember when they started with my past pregnancies. I just know this is that all too familiar feeling!

Then, the unmistakable dry mouth and super thirst starts in. I'd say maybe I'm getting sick if it weren't for the cramps and ligament pain..oh and sore chest.

Really ladies how the heck do you guys go through this month after month! It's truly maddening. I need to chill out and try to think of something else!

#74 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
Really ladies how the heck do you guys go through this month after month! It's truly maddening. I need to chill out and try to think of something else!
I think after 3 cycles, it got easier for me to ignore the "symptoms". That first cycle I thought everything pointed to being pg! I do hope that this is it for you, though, and that these signs ARE the real thing!!

This is our 5th cycle so I'm just kind of bored and jaded, and trying to keep busy. I definitely need to get out of the house though, b/c everything is weighing on me about my friend and the house needs to be cleaned -- but I have no motivation. But a salted caramel hot chocolate from starbucks sounds good, and DD needs to go "shopping" (her words, not mine). Plus I need to get chips/stuff for her party this weekend. So off we go!

I hope these next 11 days go by fast. It is kind of bittersweet in ways, too. I will miss being buds w/DD when a new baby comes. I am enjoying our time together just the two of us immensely. Everything will be shaken up so I want to live in this moment for what it is at the same time.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#75 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I think after 3 cycles, it got easier for me to ignore the "symptoms". That first cycle I thought everything pointed to being pg! I do hope that this is it for you, though, and that these signs ARE the real thing!!
Kinder. I don't pay any attention to any supposed symptoms in the 2ww anymore. None of it means anything until hindsight, anyway.

Carrie ~ Salted hot chocolate? Hmmmm

My 6yo ds likes to go shopping. I need to get to the Barnes & Nobles at the mall. I want to get the Jillian Micheals metabolism boosting book. I can't remember the exact name of it. I've been told it really helps you lose weight without any exercise, which I just have not been motivated to do consistently at all. I used to live to work out but now that I have little kids and a big house I prefer to sit on my arse whenever I get a free minute. Not very conducive to weight loss.

We also need to get a birthday present for my ds' best friend. We just got an invitation to his party yesterday. It's this Sunday. I have to say that annoys me. I like to have at least a week, preferably 2, to prepare for a birthday party. I thought 2 weeks notice of a party was proper etiquette but no one seems to do that anymore. A week seems to be what everyone does. Where's that Miss Manners book?!

#76 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 03:36 PM

it is salted caramel, sort of tastes like a warm, liquid milk dud, yummy!

Kinder: ITA about all symptoms. When will you test, do you think?

MW: Will throw them out, was tempted when I discovered them a week ago (to throw them out, not use them) but thought I would wait. I love going to the book store!

I have been having such super long cycles lately, so am not sure when or if I should test at some point . . . I am thinking maybe for my birthday (next Friday) or our 5th wedding anniversary (the Friday after that) . . .if AF doesn't show up first. FF has Test Day as Saturday. I don't know that I want to test then.

FWIW: I think I am sending out DS's 1st b-day party invites out like a month in advance. Is that too early?

#77 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Eevrybody's been so busy!

Kinder-- i agree with the symptoms. It's hard and you start to drive yourself nuts because *everything* is a symptoms.

My biggest ones right now are the super sore breasts and nipples (my nipples are never sore, and my breasts don't get sore until 2-3 days before AF), and the weird cramping. It's like --almost-- ovulation pains, but different. Like you said-- tugging.

So we get our hopes up, but then remember that all the signs that say pregnant, also say AF! Bah!

Is the salted caramel the same as it was two years ago? I used to love it, then they discontinued it... and now I haven't checked if it's the same. If it is, they're really good iced too. Mmmmm.

No shopping for me today, I've got a mountain of homework to get done. We'll see how far I get.

My temp is high, nicely high today, and FF is giving me the garbage about it being between cd 12-14. Annoying part is, i don't know either. I think I'll tell myself CD14, and that way my 'early testing' has a chance of not being early.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#78 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
We also need to get a birthday present for my ds' best friend. We just got an invitation to his party yesterday. It's this Sunday. I have to say that annoys me. I like to have at least a week, preferably 2, to prepare for a birthday party. I thought 2 weeks notice of a party was proper etiquette but no one seems to do that anymore. A week seems to be what everyone does. Where's that Miss Manners book?!
I think 2 weeks is minimum - that's what I did for DD's! And I thought I was cutting it too close!

Quote:
it is salted caramel, sort of tastes like a warm, liquid milk dud, yummy!

FWIW: I think I am sending out DS's 1st b-day party invites out like a month in advance. Is that too early?
It's so good - yes, that's a good way to describe it!

And I think a month is a bit early - maybe 3 weeks?

#79 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 04:14 PM

jj ~ I'd say cd16 if your temp stays up.

katrina ~ I think a month is ok. It might be a bit early but earlier is better, imo.

No shopping for me today. The Starbucks drink made me think of it because they have a coffee shop in the bookstore that sells Starbucks coffee. I love their white chocolate mocha and chai tea. Although, the chai at this store is not as good as the ones I would get in Virginia.

#80 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Kinder-- i agree with the symptoms. It's hard and you start to drive yourself nuts because *everything* is a symptoms.
well I read 3 days after a "dip" is a good time to start. DH will confiscate my HPTs if I start testing that soon! He thinks I should wait until I'm at least 2 days late for my AF. Whatever! I tested positive at 9dpo with my last dd. But he makes a good point....I dunno! When do you guys start testing?

#81 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 04:43 PM

tell them to put in a couple extra pumps of Chai; DH always does. I don't think they can make it too strong for him!

The do a peppermint white hot chocolate that is also really yummy.

And I am digging the new toffee mocha thing. hmmm makes me wish I had a drive through starbucks on the way home!

ETA: Kinder, we cross-posted - I am a POAS/PIAC pansy. I wait until at least 12 DPO. since my cycles have been so wonky post baby, I can't go by AF late-ness, I had a 60 day cycle in there, and a couple of 45-47 day ish ones. All things being equal, 12 DPO is the earliest I test.

Might do 3 weeks, we are doing pics on 10/21 at JCPenneys and could use one of those on the invite. yay!

#82 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
And I am digging the new toffee mocha thing. hmmm makes me wish I had a drive through starbucks on the way home!
I LOVE the toffee mocha latte! That's what I get if I go in the am. If I go in the afternoon, I get hot chocolate! Yum!

This cycle, I dunno. I was going to wait til AF was late, but I think testing at 12 or 13 dpo is safe enough to get a bfp is there is one, and if not it'll let me know to expect AF within the next day or so. I'm not sure what I'm going to to do. I think I'll see how I feel when it comes around.

#83 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 PM

I start testing very early for 2 reasons. One, I have gotten at 7dpo before so I know it's possible. Two, and most important, I need to know asap if I am pg so I can start taking my progesterone. I would already have started except that I can't 100% confirm O and I don't want to bypass O if it somehow didn't happen. Although, I guess that doesn't really matter since dh isn't here for any BD anyway. If for some reason I haven't Oed and I do start the progesterone, stopping it by 12dpo might make O next cycle earlier.

Hmmm...now I'm not sure what I should do. Maybe I should go ahead and start it. Last cycle it made 3 days late even though I stopped it early. With dh's schedule, I have to be very careful about how I time things or we'll never be together for O.

#84 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

I'm stumped this month since I can't confirm my o date- only within four days. I'm anywhere from 6 to 2dpo right now. I -feel- like most likely is 4dpo, which puts me at 12dpo on the 14th-- which is the day after DH leaves for a week. I don't really want to keep it a secret for a whole week... so I'm up in the air. I might try to convince myself to go with the latest o day, CD16, which puts me at 12dpo on the 16th... At least if I tested then I'd only have 4 days before DH came home.

I think I'm going to wait and take a cue from my symptoms. Right now I have myself convinced, but if all this weirdness stops in the next couple days then I'm pretty sure I'll be back to being pessimistic and not want to test because I won't want to see the negative again.

It's totally a testament to how non-whatever I'm getting, but I'm starting to wish we had everyone's charts on the main page for easy access. Sometimes it sucks having to go back 6 pages to find the last place someone posted it.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#85 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry I start that thought and then didn't finish it-- I don't remember what your chart looks like MW- care to post again? I'd say I'd probably start taking it though, because I would rather prolong o for nothing, than potentially not do something I could have to sustain a pregnancy.

#86 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
It's totally a testament to how non-whatever I'm getting, but I'm starting to wish we had everyone's charts on the main page for easy access. Sometimes it sucks having to go back 6 pages to find the last place someone posted it.
I agree - maybe we can all just make sure we post our charts when we talk about them? I try to do it every post, or at least every day, lol!

My opinion would be to choose the latest possible O date. That way you can't be testing too early by accident. I know that's probably the hardest to do, though!!

Quote:
Sorry I start that thought and then didn't finish it-- I don't remember what your chart looks like MW- care to post again? I'd say I'd probably start taking it though, because I would rather prolong o for nothing, than potentially not do something I could have to sustain a pregnancy.

MW - I just looked at your chart. Your temps definitely look post-O to me.

#87 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I agree - maybe we can all just make sure we post our charts when we talk about them? I try to do it every post, or at least every day, lol!
That would mean that we are admitting to being chartaholics! :nana

MWife- looks like you O'd to me!!! Especially when I saw the overlay of your past charts too. So, 7dpo was positive once before! Really! That's super early. Hmm maybe I'll should test tomorrow then....it can't hurt. If it's negative, I still have several days to really rule out getting a BFP.

#88 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Here's my chart:

JJ ~ I bookmark everyone's chart the first time I look at it. That way I always have access to it.

Kinder ~ Yes, 7dpo is super early. The ICs I have say they can detect a pg as early as 6dpo. They are very sensitive. The chances of that are pretty low for any one person, though. Since you've gotten as early as 9dpo, it may be possible for you to get one even earlier. Each cycle is different, too, so getting an early with one pg does not guarantee you'll get an early with another pg. I think the latest I've gotten a first was 11 or 12dpo. That pg didn't stick. I could put my early charts on my homepage if you want to see. I think the 7dpo one was from ds3.

#89 of 355 Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

With that chart MW, I would feel pretty comfortable saying you were post o. Everything seems to match up nicely.

#90 of 355 Old 10-07-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
With that chart MW, I would feel pretty comfortable saying you were post o. Everything seems to match up nicely.

Thanks. I know I am but I can't prove it, ya know, and that is driving me crazy. I started getting creamy CF last night so decided to hold off on the progesterone for a few more days. Not because I think it could mean I haven't Oed yet, but because I want to see if it will stay like that for a while. I can't remember ever getting creamy CF during my lp. I had it again first this morning.

Of course, when I put that in my Ovusoft chart it moved my peak day to today even though it has my O set to 10/1. The Fertility Advisor says that since I don't have a thermal shift it has to consider creamy as possibly fertile and make it my peak day. I have it set to use only CF, not temps, and to use opk results first.

My Ovusoft Chart

I had a vision of twins the other day. Can you imagine? My dh would fall over. I don't think it's possibility. As far as I know, there are no twins in my or my dh's family.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page