The October "Whatever" Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 355 Old 10-08-2010, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I went to so many doctors to try to figure that out and never got an answer. I don't think they know because most just kind of shrugged and offered bcps. I think the cramping I get around O probably has something to do with the fallopian tubes trying to snatch up that egg and move it down to my uterus. What's weird is that my cramps completely leave when I get , which is when I thought you were supposed to get them. I've had some people tell me that cramps can be a symptom of PCOS but I think that's when it's associated with overfull, clogged ovaries, which I don't have.
Yes! That is me! I will get cramps before AF but not during. I don't have PCOS either. Hmmm

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#122 of 355 Old 10-08-2010, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Starbucks for me too guys! I have to go get something from the bus lost and found before work today, and coincidently, I walk right past a sbux. I am sooo looking forward to it.

As for termination, I'm not as open as you guys, and I wish I was more pc about it, but I'm pretty strongly pro-life. I just can't know the details and the biology of pregnancy without feeling like it's wrong. A few years back one of my best friends told me if she got pregnant "It's me or the fetus man, and a lot of people would be very angry if I offed myself". Like you said, just a very flippant, nbd kind of thing, and it has stuck with me to this day. I understand it's a very hard decision to make for some people, but they truly feel they have no other choice, and in that case, while I don't agree, it's not for me to judge. But to hear her say it so nonchalant just hit me, especially when I know people who want children so badly and can't or don't have them. It doesn't seem fair.

Sometimes when I get cramps in the mid-LP, it really feels like cervical changes. Those ones are as hard though, but it feels kind of achey like you described. The bigger ones that are more uterus/tube related... I have no idea what causes them!

I'm settling into my LP nicely. Still have my hopes up, and you're right, I think I'm going to go with it. The hard part is waffling back and forth on when I should test, since my o day isn't concrete. But-- DH and I have a free night at a 'luxury' hotel tomorrow, with breakfast included and room service, and a salt water pool and everything, so I'm going to enjoy myself for the weekend and try to be romantic and forget about it, and not worry until next week.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#123 of 355 Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 PM

JJ ~ I don't think abortion is right, either. I just don't think it should be illegal. I would much rather no one ever feel the need to have an abortion. I think we as a society and world need to provide more support for mothers-to-be who are struggling. The problem is that I don't see that happening in any significant way any time soon, at least not in the USA. We seem to go in the opposite direction. Rather than supporting the mother/baby bond, we do everything we can to try to undermine it.

Anyway, how weird is this? Twice today I've turned on re-runs of two TV shows that I like, Law & Order and Cold Case, and both had to do with abortion. A sign? A message?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#124 of 355 Old 10-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
BabyCakes- It must be hard to listen to her be so non-chalant about a miracle. Keep in mind it's her loss, not yours (literally!). I do think you should honor your need for space to process her choice.

MarineWife- why do people continue to chart after O is confirmed then?
Thanks for saying that. Thanks everyone. It's hard on so many levels, but I do feel like I'm doing the right thing. She's a big girl and is making big decisions, if she needs me she knows where to find me. But I won't just sit and listen to her crack jokes and make it seem like it's nbd.

I used to temp through my lp to have that af warning. I would get a huge temp drop the day of af, and it helped me emotionally to know it was coming.

Now I just test at 13dpo, and if it's blaringly negative, I know af is coming. At least I stress less throughout the 2 weeks, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
Carrie, do you need some starbucks? I know I wouldn't mind some! Had a jalepeno cheddar bagel breakfast sandwich at Panera this morning, yum!
Yes! Starbucks would help!! Hmm, I'll stop on my way to work tomorrow morning!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#125 of 355 Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Today I have had some very significant dizziness & nausea on and off all day. I don't ever feel this nauseous & dizzy unless I have a stomach bug! It went away briefly everytime I ate something but returned within 1-1.5 hours after eating. I had to eat constantly today just to feel normal. I'm pretty convinced at this point. Lots of twinges (some pretty painful) down low along with mild cramping. Lower backache too. Shooting pains in bbs too. Hot flashes with the nausea and my face was burning hot between hot flashes--so were the tips of my ears (wth? is that a pregnancy symptom? I'm going to google it!)......the list goes on.

DH thinks it's all in my head. I don't think so. Only thing that's getting me is the nausea/dizziness. I don't remember it kicking in until 5-6 weeks in the past.

Ahhhh, the anticipation is killing me! I want to know either way!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#126 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 08:12 AM

Ugh ugh. I'm dead tired! And I don't get it, I slept fine. DH took over Nora duty last night so I went to bed at like 10 pm and slept thru. But I feel gross. Just exhausted and nauseous.

Kinder - sounds interesting!! The nausea thing is getting me too. I too don't recall feeling it until just shy of 7 weeks last time. I think I get nausea every LP and it must be hormonal to a degree. I love how you're pretty convinced! I wish I had that kind of optimism! I hope this is your cycle!

6dpo for me today. I just want this next week to be uneventful and scoot by fast so I can get my results! I want to know before the baby shower I am going to next Sunday. Either way I just want to know.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#127 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 08:16 AM

Can everyone post their charts links in the next few posts, please!

My Chart

#128 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 08:42 AM

My FF Chart

Kinder ~ Why don't you test? You said you got a at 9dpo before, right? Maybe you'll get one again. (Not that I'm a poas pusher or anything. )

I feel nothing. I'm pretty convinced I'm not pg even though it is early.

I didn't get a good temp this morning so I'm not sure if I should put it in my chart. When I woke to temp my thermometer was gone. I had to get up, turn on the light and search for it. I didn't get completely out of bed but I did have to move myself and other things around quite a bit. I finally found it behind my nightstand. I have no idea how it got there. It was on the nightstand right next to the bed when I went to sleep. If it were knocked off by someone flinging the blanket or an arm, I think it would go forward or to the side. To get behind the nightstand it had to go over the alarm clock.

After all that moving around (I had to lift and move ds3 in the process) I took my temp. It was 97.8, which is what it has been, but I don't know how accurate it is. My temp usually drops a bit if I get up to go to the bathroom or anything like that. I don't know if I should bother putting it in my chart. Oh well, guess it doesn't really matter. I just don't like having inaccurate info on there.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#129 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:

Kinder ~ Why don't you test? You said you got a at 9dpo before, right? Maybe you'll get one again. (Not that I'm a poas pusher or anything. )
I tested yesterday and it was BFN. So I'm testing tomorrow and every day after that!

Case of the jumping thermometer! I would not add the temp. My temp does go down very quickly once I start moving around!

#130 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 09:15 AM

LOL, MW! Hmm, knowing me, I would put the temp but make a note that I had to get up and move around. I know what you mean about putting inaccurate info. It really bugs me too.

My Chart - though I'm not temping right now, there it is in all its glory!

#131 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I tested yesterday and it was BFN. So I'm testing tomorrow and every day after that!
Oooh, waiting for tomorrow's results.

Carrie ~ You did O and you sure got a lot of BD in.

I put the temp in because I also can't seem to leave any info out if I have it, even if it's wrong. Since we were talking about looking for patterns in the lp, my temps this cycle are different. Usually my first few post-O temps are below 98 but after 4 or 5 dpo, they go up to at least the low 98s. Except for that one temp at 6dpo, my temps have been lower than usual.

That may be because the weather has changed. It was hot, hot, hot. Then, all of a sudden, it started getting cold at night. I turned off the AC and opened the windows but most nights I closed the windows in my bedroom before going to sleep because it was getting too cold for me overnight.

I changed my chart overlay so it's comparing my current chart and my charts from ds2 and ds3, pinning on ovulation only rather than ovulation and coverline. You'll see what I mean.

#132 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Chart

It's kind of boring though and won't have temps for the next two mornings.

Off to the hotel!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#133 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 07:08 PM

Have fun JJ!!

Quote:
Carrie ~ You did O and you sure got a lot of BD in.
LOL, no kidding. Next time, I'm waiting for the + opk. I was going off the usual 14 day O, so we dtd on 13 and 14 -- and only THEN did I get the + opk. So, until I see that +opk, I'm sticking to EOD. It was too much for me! We haven't done it since!! LOL!! We are burnt out!!

Though, opks seem to be a bit more trouble then they are worth, so we'll see if I even use them next time, lol.

#134 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
LOL, no kidding. Next time, I'm waiting for the + opk. I was going off the usual 14 day O, so we dtd on 13 and 14 -- and only THEN did I get the + opk. So, until I see that +opk, I'm sticking to EOD. It was too much for me! We haven't done it since!! LOL!! We are burnt out!!

Though, opks seem to be a bit more trouble then they are worth, so we'll see if I even use them next time, lol.
Yeah, I know how that is. My dh and I tried to do that a few times when we were TTC. We finally settled into dtd whenever we wanted until I got EWCF. Then we'd go to EOD until I got a + opk. Then we'd try to dtd every day for 4 days. I don't think that ever happened, though. We might have made it 3 days.

What made them so much trouble for you? Because you got anxious when you didn't get that temp rise right away or was there something else? I usually don't start using them anymore until I get ewcf. If my cycles stay more regular, I might be able to pick a cd. I only got them for girl BD timing, though, and I'm not really going to follow those rules anymore because I just want a baby at this point and don't want to do anything that could lower my overall chances of getting pg.

#135 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
What made them so much trouble for you? Because you got anxious when you didn't get that temp rise right away or was there something else? I usually don't start using them anymore until I get ewcf. If my cycles stay more regular, I might be able to pick a cd. I only got them for girl BD timing, though, and I'm not really going to follow those rules anymore because I just want a baby at this point and don't want to do anything that could lower my overall chances of getting pg.
I think it was just the whole, "ok, it's positive. No wait, now this one is positive. Hmm, were they both positive? Yeah. Hmm. Ok, now what does that mean?" aspect of the situation. Now that I've done them, I think maybe I can do them again and not be so annoyed. But it was a little perplexing and made me feel too much like if I don't get pg it's b/c I made a mistake. That's stressful.

But maybe it was the brand. You said you didn't like answer opks, right? They were just the cheapest ones at walmart, lol.

#136 of 355 Old 10-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Right. It's been years since I used Answer opks but they were very tricky. They would get so close to being + that they kept fooling me. I did finally figure out that the test line had to be very, very dark for it to be truly +. I only used them once, though, and never did again. I hated them that much. Sounds like the same thing happened to you.

I use the cheap IC opks now and they work wonderfully. They haven't confused me once. There are some that say they are + if the test line is almost as dark as to darker than the control but I haven't used those. I can see those being confusing, too, because how do you know what is close enough? For me, it's really important to wait for that darker, fully solid test line before I consider it +. If only half of the line is dark and it fades out, that's not +. KWIM?

This last time I found some strips at the CVS drugstore. They came in a little canister, 20 of them, for much less than cartridge and digital 5 or 7 packs or whatever they are. They worked really well for me. I think they may have been the generic/store brand.

#137 of 355 Old 10-10-2010, 08:29 AM

So, I tested but I can't tell for sure what I got. There's a line but it's so faint that I'm just going to call it negative. I'm using the same ICs from last month when I had that funky line come up. So I don't exactly trust these tests that much. I'll just keep testing until 13dpo. I could chalk up all my symptoms to being "in my head"...all except the vertigo w/ nausea. Everything else....fine...but not those 2 things that occur at the same time.

It's too early to know either way, right? Or should I be a little less hopeful at this point? Come on, make me feel better here. I've been dealing with this vertigo and nausea and it better be for a good reason! But...if that started on Friday afternoon, and say it was because I was pregnant, shouldn't it show up on a HPT by now?

#138 of 355 Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
So, I tested but I can't tell for sure what I got. There's a line but it's so faint that I'm just going to call it negative.
A line is a line regardless of how faint. If it has color and showed up within the time limit, I'd call it . If you have to stare at it and turn it this way and that and move close and then far away and you think maybe there's a shadow of something there but it's kind of gray, then it's probably .

Quote:
It's too early to know either way, right? Or should I be a little less hopeful at this point? Come on, make me feel better here. I've been dealing with this vertigo and nausea and it better be for a good reason! But...if that started on Friday afternoon, and say it was because I was pregnant, shouldn't it show up on a HPT by now?
At 10dpo, it could go either way. I don't know anything about when you could be able to expect a based on symptoms like that. It probably really depends on how sensitive you are to hormonal changes. If you are very sensitive, you could start feeling symptoms before the hcg is high enough for a hpt to pick it up.

AFM, I now have what looks like a possible implantation dip on my chart and my temps maybe going triphasic after 5dpo. I'm assuming my temp yesterday was inaccurate because I had to move around so much searching for my thermometer. I discarded it so you could see the rise, dip, rise better. I just wanted to point that out as an example of how all of that really means nothing at this point. I'm still getting .

My FF Chart

#139 of 355 Old 10-10-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
This is what I keep asking myself too, and I don't have the answer. If it's too early for a test, it's too early to be feeling anything, right? Ugh, so all it boils down to is I think I'm just nauseous at this point in my cycle no matter what. So stupid. Ugh. Cruel Mother Nature!!!

DH is really hopeful about us being pg this cycle. I hate to let him down. He was hesitant to put whiskey in my diet coke last night, and he made a comment like, "If you really feel this pukey, is it something??" And I had to tell him it was just too early for anything to mean anything. And I don't feel like I have that sixth sense of something. But does anyone really know? I don't think so. Not unless they're really psychic. LOL.

#140 of 355 Old 10-10-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I think I'm just nauseous at this point in my cycle no matter what.
They say that increased progesterone can cause all the supposed early pg symptoms so it is possible that you are nauseous because of increased progesterone from O and it has nothing to do with being pg. OTOH, it could also be that you are pg. I think a lot depends on when the symptoms first show up. If they show up before any significant hcg production (before probably 10-13dpo), then I'd blame normal post-O progesterone production. Even if you do get pg, the early symptoms are probably still just from normal progesterone production.

Quote:
He was hesitant to put whiskey in my diet coke last night
I always find this kind of funny. At this stage, even if you are pg, the embryo wouldn't be affected by any alcohol you consume. The placenta will not have been fully formed so there's no sharing of blood and nutrients yet. It takes 10-12 weeks for the placenta to fully form. During that time, the corpus luteum supports embryonic development with the production of progesterone.

Quote:
And I don't feel like I have that sixth sense of something. But does anyone really know? I don't think so. Not unless they're really psychic. LOL.
I don't think I'm psychic (although I have had a few premonition-type dreams ) and I've felt like I just knew in the past. I'm not really sure, though, if it was knowing or expecting. After a few that ended in m/cs, I started to assume I would more likely be pg and would expect an eventual . I had been chalking that up to just expecting another , kwim? However, these last 2 cycles I haven't had that feeling even though things are still pretty much the same. I just have this sense that I'm not pg. I had the same feeling last cycle. Does that mean I know something or does it just mean I don't want to be too optimistic?

I do believe the body is pretty good at sending signals to our brains about what's going on inside. I think I told you all about my bleeding dream the night before my first m/c, didn't I?

#141 of 355 Old 10-10-2010, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

arrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just got news my (very bad mother, with three kids and the doctor that said she should stop, oh and her husband isn't on board...) SIL is expecting again. Due mid may. Shoot me now.

On the other hand, we had a wonderful night, and I came home today so relaxed and happy to see my starving for attention puppy. I think I'm 8ishdpo now, but no other thoughts as to 'anything', other than my boobs are still super swollen, like a full full extra cup size. I like it... but I could do without the tenderness.

#142 of 355 Old 10-10-2010, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and I just did the calculations... and if we get pregnant this cycle our due date would be June 26, hers is a week before us, but she has delivered all of her babies at 35 weeks to the day, so mid May. So if we were both prgnant, they'd be about 6 weeks apart. She's all of 4 weeks and a few days pregnant... with a high risk pregnancy, she knows we're wanting to get pregnant "sometime soon" and decides thanksgiving dinner (that she's not even attending) is a good time to spread the news. god.

Karma though? She quit her part time job TWO days ago, and then took the test thi smorning, so she won't be collecting mat. leave. mwahahaha

#143 of 355 Old 10-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Oh, and I just did the calculations... and if we get pregnant this cycle our due date would be June 26, hers is a week before us, but she has delivered all of her babies at 35 weeks to the day, so mid May. So if we were both prgnant, they'd be about 6 weeks apart. She's all of 4 weeks and a few days pregnant... with a high risk pregnancy, she knows we're wanting to get pregnant "sometime soon" and decides thanksgiving dinner (that she's not even attending) is a good time to spread the news. god.
Ugh, that's so tough! What a bummer.

I will admit that when my friend got pg and wasn't sure if she was going to terminate or not, I was a little mad b/c I knew everyone at work was going to be all over her. And that if I was pg too, it would be 2nd thought -- when I'd been trying forever and hers was an accident. And I know it's not really about that. I know it. And I hate having these feelings. But I guess it's normal. As hard as we try to not make it a competition or about us, it ends up totally being that way! b/c I know it's tough.

#144 of 355 Old 10-11-2010, 09:18 AM

Carrie, ikwym; DH has a young cousin that got pregnant right after we did with DS and both of our baby showers were about the same time . . . she got way more stuff than we did (which was ok, we didn't really need anything and she and her husband needed EVERYTHING) it still kinda felt like she stole our thunder a bit . . .fast forward to now, and DS is the family favorite. Go figure! and she is expecting again, on the same due date as her first DD. they will be just about exactly a year apart. *sigh*

Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b048d

not that it tells you a whole heck of a lot. I haven't entered in any of the temps I have taken because well, I don't remember them all. I go back and forth on whether or not I feel pregnant . . . part of me is like, I have felt this way the last couple cycles, so I just want to ride it out, and see what happens.
I wish I could just *know* without having to POAS! (I am such a POAS pansy!)

MW: I don't know whether to say that is pessimism or premonition. I think I need to buy some IC's - OPK's and HPT's -

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#145 of 355 Old 10-11-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b048d

I go back and forth on whether or not I feel pregnant . . . part of me is like, I have felt this way the last couple cycles, so I just want to ride it out, and see what happens.
I wish I could just *know* without having to POAS! (I am such a POAS pansy!)
Well, if you wait long enough, you'll know without poas. I know that's not what you mean, though. I try to record as many feelings/symptoms as I can recognize and remember so I can go back to see if anything is different. It's kind of annoying because I didn't do that when I first started charting. I think I wasn't as aware of how I felt. I just didn't pay that much attention.

There were a few days during my lp last cycle from around 5-10dpo or so when I had this very heavy, full feeling in my pelvic area. I couldn't remember feeling that way before when I was not pg. It's not what I thought was a normal pms sign for me so I got my hopes up. Turns out it was nothing. I think it was probably caused by the progesterone suppositories.

You are 15dpo now. How long is your normal lp?

Quote:
MW: I don't know whether to say that is pessimism or premonition. I think I need to buy some IC's - OPK's and HPT's -
Yeah, I wonder if it's just pessimism. The thing is that when I've been pg before I was not pessimistic about it at all. I didn't share my feelings/knowledge with anyone else but in my gut I knew I would eventually get that . It was to the point that when I showed up I would say, "Bam! There it is!" I just knew it. Now, I don't feel it. I think I'm off my pg streak. 2 cycles in a row with no pg. That hasn't happened to me in a long time.

I get my ICs from Save On Tests. You can also get them from http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com. I used to get mine from there but a few times I got some that were damaged and couldn't be read and I got some evaps on them so I switched to Save On Tests. They're cheaper at SOT, too.

There's a brand called Wondfo on Ebay or Amazon that a bunch of people on FF rave about. They are supposed to be the cheapest. I've seen a lot of people posting lately that they are getting nasty evaps with those, though. I have not tried them.

#146 of 355 Old 10-11-2010, 11:41 AM

OMG...ladies, I need some perspective. Honest opinions please.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

POAS the last three days and they have been stark white BFNs. Slight temp dip this AM along with cramps which usually indicates AF on her way. But no spotting other than some light pink an hour or so ago that is now gone. Should I consider myself out? I have a raging yeast infection and my dr won't give me diflucan until I know for sure that I'm not pg. I've been trying to be all "whatever happens happens" but it's not working!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#147 of 355 Old 10-11-2010, 11:52 AM

you are just 12 DPO so I think you are not out yet. will your doc not do a quant Hcg so you would know for sure?

MW: pre-baby, LP avg'd about 11-12 days. post baby, it is really hard to say. This is only my 4th? cycle since he's been born, and the have all been kinda long. 45, 47, and 60 days I think. I am CD 40 today, so I am thinking if nothing else, I will test maybe Friday.

I mainly just have fatigue and cramping. nothing definitive. (and nothing is, until you get that (+) hpt!)

perhaps your body just wants a cycle or two to recuperate before a good sticky bean. FX that is what it is.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#148 of 355 Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Should I consider myself out?
No, you cannot consider yourself yet. It is possible for implantation and spotting from that to occur at 12dpo. I agree with Katrina. Will your doc do a quant beta? Can you use some Monistat or something like that instead? My OB prescribed some yeast infection cream when I was pg with ds2.

#149 of 355 Old 10-11-2010, 03:06 PM

Thanks ladies. Yes, my doc would run a quant beta if I ask her but I just keep thinking that I'm being silly, I'm obviously not pg or my tests would be pos by now...but AF is still not here.

I don't want to use anything right now because everything except clotrimazole 1% is a category C for pregnancy and everything that I can find on the clotrimazole 1% shows it being tested in 2nd and 3rd trimesters but not 1st trimester. So I'm just pushing probiotics right now and doing garlic suppositories in the evenings.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#150 of 355 Old 10-11-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Thanks ladies. Yes, my doc would run a quant beta if I ask her but I just keep thinking that I'm being silly, I'm obviously not pg or my tests would be pos by now...but AF is still not here.

I don't want to use anything right now because everything except clotrimazole 1% is a category C for pregnancy and everything that I can find on the clotrimazole 1% shows it being tested in 2nd and 3rd trimesters but not 1st trimester. So I'm just pushing probiotics right now and doing garlic suppositories in the evenings.
Annie - I'm sorry you're uncomfortable
I had a lot of luck with yogurt applied internally, much liked you would use monistat. It might be an idea if you are still waiting for answers.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page