The October "Whatever" Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2010, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to October ladies! Here's to BFP's before Halloween, Second trimester's before Christmas, and Babies before Summer!

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 08:39 PM

Woo hoo!! Thanks JJ!!

If I get pg this cycle, I'll be exactly 14 weeks on christmas day!

Would you guys count a 3:30 pm dtd as am or pm?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 10-02-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Woo hoo!! Thanks JJ!!

If I get pg this cycle, I'll be exactly 14 weeks on christmas day!

Would you guys count a 3:30 pm dtd as am or pm?
pm

I just put "yes" on my chart and have not been picking a time of day. I couldn't figured out why it mattered...until I actually felt ovulation the other night! I never realized that was what I've been experiencing all these years until I charted and saw the temp jump the very next morning! I always thought it was constipation or bowel pain! doh! Anyway, now I can't remember the times we bd'ed so I had to leave the Xs on my chart.

I'd be that far along at Christmas too! Can you imagine another Christmas announcement! Last time I was only 9 weeks along when we told. This time we're waiting because I don't think people are going to be as excited as we are if we are preg!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 10-02-2010, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

I'd say PM I think.

I'm excited about the possibility of a christmas announcement... but at the same time, i don't want to get too excited and then be disappointed if it doesn't happen. Still... it's so nice to think about **warm fuzzies**

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 10-03-2010, 02:46 AM

Hi ladies!

Baby Cakes- I'd say PM too. Although I just do the X thing too.

I sure hope you both get BFP's this month!

AFM: I think I O'd yesterday (CD 13). I had the longest string of eggwhite I've had in years!!!!!! I also had some O pains. Today I was just watery, with no pains. I'm gearing "down". I need to get a new therm so I can start temping again next cycle!

We watched that movie "Babies" tonight and it really fueled my baby fever. Lately, too, I am just SO in love with my little toddler. He's getting so big and brings so much joy to my life. My heart bursts with love for him. My kids are all so wonderful, respectful, and just amazing. I can't imagine not ever having another one. Still need to work on dh though...

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Old 10-03-2010, 10:14 AM

Kim- that's so sweet to hear! I get those feelings about my little ones too.

so, there are 4 of us o'ing within a few days of each other. I think I saw MWife did too on the last thread..so that makes 5 of us!

I have a question....does your BBTherm take almost 2 minutes to give you a reading?
Another one...I took my temp this morning and then took it again less than a minute later and go two different readings....98.16 and 98.4....which one do I use? Maybe my BBT is not working right?? It's from Rite Aid. Anyone have that one too?

Old 10-03-2010, 11:09 AM

Kimmie - OMG we watched Babies last night too! I thought it was very interesting. And seeing them "now" was amazing. That little Hattie was a cutie pie.

Kinder - sometimes my therm takes a little while, but I don't think a full two min. And temping twice is a big no-no! Use the first temp. Usually just one temp won't make a huge difference in your chart looking back, b/c you're just looking for the trends.

AFM - OMG ladies. Still no O here. WTF?? I'm almost in complete denial. This is the longest cycle I've had since April!

Chart

I just don't know if we have the strength to muster up one more bd. Feeling kinda burnt out, and we still have great chances, so we'll see how we feel, I guess.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 10-03-2010, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

awww babycakes, that dip looks like it could be a pre-o dip, maybe tomorrow? You do look like you've got some good timing there.

I'm the opposite way, I think I 'oed early. Very weird. Can anyone tell me what they think, cause I'm kind of lost... I should have started temping earlier.
Chart

I haven't o'ed earlier than CD 14 in almost two years. Plus, I don't -feel- post o. I just started having tiny tiny cramps this morning, and I've had tons of creamy cf, but no EW (which I know isn't a dealbreaker, but still...). I'm just feeling so confused by my body this month. If I oe'd on CD12 then we dtd that day, so we'll see.

Kinder- I always use the first temp, because with the second, think about it- it's been in your mouth already, so it's preheated. It's like when kids put the thermometer up to a lightbulb

Old 10-03-2010, 04:25 PM

Hmm, JJ, O could be CD14. If your temps stay up that high for the next few days, I think you could call it. That puts it right on time, right? Or am I missing something?

AFM - I had *another* even more positive OPK today. What on earth?? So I said to DH, "Listen, I need to tell you something..." and I told him. He said, "Does this mean you need another deposit?" and I said, "You know, no, if you're tired of this, or burnt out, I don't want it to seem like I'm using you for that. If it's too much, it's too much." I was very proud of myself. His response? "But...but, I like it!"

Haha! I couldn't help but chuckle! What a guy, huh?

But this will be 4 days in a row and I dunno, it would be nice to have a break. I guess we shall see where the day leads. I feel like either way it's ok. We really have a lot of days in "the zone" covered, and I don't want anything to feel forced, even if it would increase chances. All it is is chances. There are no guarantees.

Wanna see the opks? Here, just for sh$ts and giggles...

The bottom one is from today, the top from yesterday. Tee hee.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

In a rush, on my way off to work, but quickly... it could be-- it just seems like very high pre-o temps. usually my pre-o are under 97.5. But-- today would be very nice if it were. it keeps me right with you girls, and the timing is nice!!

Old 10-03-2010, 06:07 PM

Don't forget the coverline is arbitrary -- it's just to show you a clear biphasic pattern. It could be any temps on either side. Sometimes I have higher pre-o temps. You just don't know until you have the whole thing out in front of you -- which is annoying!!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 PM

Here I am again. I said I wasn't really back but maybe I am. I think I need opinions from people I know (you guys ). I'm confused now and not so sure I Oed. Yesterday my CF was dry and CP was MFC. Today when I checked my CP it was back to MMM, almost HSO, and I found lots of creamy CF internally, which I rarely get.

I don't know what to think. Along with the positive opk and ewcf I had very clear O pains and have had other usual post-O symptoms that I won't go into because it's TMI. Plus, my cd14 temp was really low, which is usual for O day for me, and I've had 2 higher, normal post-O temps since then. Guess I'll keep temping and see if my temps stays up and goes higher like usual or if it drops.

If it drops and I didn't O, there's no chance of me getting pg this cycle, which is what I was resigned to before I got that + opk. I was so chill because I knew there wasn't going to be a chance and now I'm all worked up again.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
The bottom one is from today, the top from yesterday. Tee hee.
definitely looks like you O'ed today---I bet you're next temp will be high enough to show for it!

thanks for the advice about the thermometer. Makes sense!

@MWife- It's a wait and see game now I think.

Part of me wishing I didn't start charting because I feel a little over-focused on it! My heart goes out to the women who do this for YEARS in hopes of a BFP! I can't even imagine the angst!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:59 PM

I am 9 DPO and waiting to see if this month is the month I will get a bfp after charting-to-avoid for 32 months. We'll see what happens...

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutucrazy View Post
I am 9 DPO and waiting to see if this month is the month I will get a bfp after charting-to-avoid for 32 months. We'll see what happens...
Care to share your chart!? I need someone else's to look at!

Old 10-03-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Can anyone tell me what they think, cause I'm kind of lost... I should have started temping earlier.
Chart
it looks like you o'ed on the cd14 but I'm no expert

Old 10-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Popping in to lurk.

Carrie - I agree that today could certainly be O day, it's always frustrating that you can't tell anything until it's already gone and past...

JJ - I can't say for certain, but I'd also place O as of CD14...

MW: , it's good to "see" you

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 10-03-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I don't know what to think.
This is what I say to myself 100,000 times a day!! Ugh, there is just no way around it. Whatever happens, happens. And I just can't always wrap my head around that.

I also think it's just a wait and see kinda thing. I know it's so hard not knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
definitely looks like you O'ed today---I bet you're next temp will be high enough to show for it!
I hope you're right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Carrie - I agree that today could certainly be O day, it's always frustrating that you can't tell anything until it's already gone and past...
It's so frustrating! Thanks for the commiseration.

So - B/c I'm insane and not very chill, I did another OPK around 6:30 pm tonight. Definitely, 100% negative. So, here we goooo! I'm going to throw my damn thermometer out the window tmw if my temp isn't up in the am!

Old 10-03-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
B/c I'm insane and not very chill, I did another OPK around 6:30 pm tonight. Definitely, 100% negative. So, here we goooo! I'm going to throw my damn thermometer out the window tmw if my temp isn't up in the am!
It can take up to 72 hours from that first one to O. Unfortunately, a + opk is not a guarantee of O. It's just another tool like CF and CP that can tell you when you are potentially fertile.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:00 AM

But I saw the whole surge by doing so many! It wasn't just one OPK, it was about 10 OPKs over the course of 5 days.

I mean, I know an OPK doesn't guarantee O, but when you consider all the factors I had - the + opk, the EWCM, the fact that I normally O around this time, CP, CM, plus the O pains, that should all add up to something.

I hope.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I hope.
Sometimes it feels like that's all we're doing-- a wish and a prayer. lol. It always makes such perfect sense afterwards, but it's not afterwards that matters!

In a slightly calmer light, my CD14 does look awfully like o, and I had a bit of watery/ew type cf today, so it probably was. I guess I'm officially in the 2ww now, though I'm still holding out for tomorrows temps. I think I'll continue temping through the 2ww though... I feel like with the temps, if I see a gradual downward trend, it seems to hurt less than if i just get af out of nowhere. At least I have time to prepare myself..

And aren't I just a negative nancy today

Old 10-04-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Care to share your chart!? I need someone else's to look at!
I don't have the VIP so I don't think I can share it. I tested today and BFN at 10 DPO

Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM

don't give up, Tutu!

So how do you record morning CF if you had sex the night before?? FF moved my ovulation date because I recorded EW in the morning because I couldn't tell for sure. When I just changed it and recorded dry for that day, it moved my ovulation back to the day when I felt ovulation. I guess I'll leave it at that, right? I didn't have anymore CF later in the day

Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:

So how do you record morning CF if you had sex the night before?? g
That's a good question. I have no idea.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutucrazy View Post
I don't have the VIP so I don't think I can share it. I tested today and BFN at 10 DPO
You don't need VIP to share your chart. Just set up your homepage, make sure it's not private and post the link. 10dpo is early to expect a . It can happen but a that early is not definitive.

kinder ~ Technically, you are supposed to record whatever could be the most fertile CF for that day. If you are not sure, you are supposed to record it as CF. I wish FF had "semen obscured" as an option. That's one feature of Ovusoft that I like better than FF. If you've got temps to confirm O sooner and you're pretty sure it was left over semen, I'd just record whatever else you saw for the rest of the day and make a note on your chart in case you need to go back later to change it.

Carrie ~ I'm not sure what you mean by seeing the whole surge. We all always have some LH in our system so seeing lighter lines before getting a + doesn't really mean much. It's only that one initial surge that causes a + opk that's significant. OPKs cannot pinpoint O and are not even necessary for determining when you are fertile. Personally, I think people put way too much importance on them. And I see you got your temp rise today.

AFM, my temp was higher this am so I'm going back to deciding that I did O 3 days ago. I changed my CF back to sticky, which is what I had externally all day yesterday, and just recorded the creamy CF in my notes. Since I've only been checking my CF externally I should stick with that and not switch.

I think I do this every cycle, freaking out about whether or not I am going to or did O. Sorry for being so neurotic. I'm going to try to go back to not thinking about it. Maybe I'll even stop temping again. (Who am I kidding?)

Old 10-04-2010, 11:09 AM

Tutu, I am a day behind you, I think. 9 DPO (guessing, based on CM, I did override on my chart) but it maybe off by a day or two. You can share even if not VIP, I do all the time, but I have free VIP days for now and the next three days! whoohoo! Here is my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b048d
boring, as only CM on it. I have taken my temps randomly the last few days, and they are in the post O temp range (97.6-97.8) for me. my only "symptoms" are fatigue - I actually have napped 2x in the last week, and that is very unlike me. DH commented on it. - and some cramping.

Tutu, you can share your chart on free, just go to sharing and home page set up. you can't change your chart name to something easy, like tutuschart, unless you are VIP. but you can share it.

Kindermama, didn't FF have an option for semen-obscurred, or something like that? no, that must've been iVillage's fertility planner. um, I usually will check about 24 hours after having DTD. and record whatever that is.

JJ - there is always hope!

MW - glad to see you back!

VIP days during the TWW are dangerous. It says BD timing was good. That's something I guess. (whether day 24 or 25 doesn't seem to matter)

I am debating when to test . . . my dad's birthday is the 10th (but I don't think we will tell early this time. If we are, I would like to hold out at least until DS's 1st b-day, 11/20) and mine is 10/15 . . .I am such a POAS pansy!

anyway, here's to a good and eventful week, hopefully full of O and BD for everybody!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 10-04-2010, 11:12 AM

MW - I get what you're saying now. Sorry for the overly hormonal response earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
I think I'll continue temping through the 2ww though... I feel like with the temps, if I see a gradual downward trend, it seems to hurt less than if i just get af out of nowhere. At least I have time to prepare myself..

And aren't I just a negative nancy today
sweetie!! I used to feel the same way. But the whole freedom of not temping during the 2ww and the NOT obsessing over every temp gave me such a calm last cycle. I felt more like I could handle b/c I hadn't wasted so much energy contemplating temps/times/symptoms. It was like a mini vacay and then oh well showed. If that makes sense.

Plus I get to sleep in uninterrupted. It's sooo nice. DD still isn't sleeping great and waking up at 6:45 to temp and then only getting maybe an hour more of sleep before having to get up stinks. It's nice to not have that alarm and just sleep til 7:30! Haha!

Quote:
So how do you record morning CF if you had sex the night before??
When it's semen obscured, you really can't. I just wait until later in the day to make sure it's really cf and not anything else.

Oh - and Tutu - don't give up! 10dpo is really early! Hang in there. We're rooting for you!

AFM - check out this rise! FXed it lasts!!

I was doing a lot of thinking yesterday about the kind of birth I want with the next baby. It's so much to think about. I'm definitely decided on homebirth again (barring anything serious preventing it of course) but the details are still up in the air for me.

I'm definitely feeling hopeful this time. B/c really that's all I have. What's done is done, and if I'm pg, great -- and if not, we'll keep on trying. At least we're really having fun. DH and I were talking yesterday about how close we've been feeling to each other lately, and how great our marriage has been -- and I think it's b/c we are on the same page and are making love more often. I never really put much stock in it before, but it makes such a difference, at least for us.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
VIP days during the TWW are dangerous. It says BD timing was good. That's something I guess. (whether day 24 or 25 doesn't seem to matter)
Oooh aren't they? The past 2 or 3 cycles I've had "high" for that and my hopes were just as high, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Carrie ~ I'm not sure what you mean by seeing the whole surge.

I think I do this every cycle, freaking out about whether or not I am going to or did O. Sorry for being so neurotic. I'm going to try to go back to not thinking about it. Maybe I'll even stop temping again. (Who am I kidding?)
All I meant was I saw it go from negative to positive, hold at positive, and then fade out. So whatever that means. This is my first time using them so I didn't know that they could stay positive for more than one day. I thought it was this really short window and that after the surge, O would happen (most likely). And that it would happen (if it was going to happen) within 24-48 hours.

And you're just as neurotic as the rest of us, so don't apologize.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
All I meant was I saw it go from negative to positive, hold at positive, and then fade out. So whatever that means. This is my first time using them so I didn't know that they could stay positive for more than one day. I thought it was this really short window and that after the surge, O would happen (most likely). And that it would happen (if it was going to happen) within 24-48 hours.
Gotcha. I guess that's kind of weird for me because that's not how they used to work for me. Back in the day when I was TTC and my cycles were all messed up my opks would go dark and then light and dark and light several times and then all of a sudden be super dark and +. There was never any starting out light, getting darker to + and then fading out again. I used to have to use them for 3 weeks or more and it drove me crazy.

BTW, I really recommend against the AE opks. I had a lot of trouble with them because they would get so dark and look so close to + and get me all excited but then they would fade and I wouldn't O. I didn't realize the darker ones weren't + until I got an actual, obvious + where the test line was way darker than the control. I Oed pretty soon after that one. I've tried a couple different brands since then and haven't had that trouble with any of the others. That was years ago, 2005, so they may have been improved since then. I never used them again.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Kimmie - OMG we watched Babies last night too! I thought it was very interesting. And seeing them "now" was amazing. That little Hattie was a cutie pie.
Cool!!

I was kind of partial to the Mongolian baby. He was so chunky and cute. I was fascinated with their circular home in the middle of nowhere...but they had tv, and other "modern" things.

Hi MarineWife, good to see you.

Looks like several of you O'd in the past couple of days! Hoping it's a pleasant 2WW for y'all.

AFM: Still didn't temp which makes it hard to know if I O'd. I always have confusing CM after O, so I'm basically just waiting for AF to come in a reasonable time frame. I did have a TON of EWCM (first time in years!) and cramping on CD13, so I probably O'd then or the next day.

Sorry the personals are so crappy today. It's monday and home schooling is in full force again!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 

User Tag List