This is just hypothetical, but part of what I'm worrying about with deciding when to TTC #2 (which I am starting to really get the itch to do!)....
DH travels 1-2 weeks a month for work and is typically a 2-4 hour plane trip away. DS was born 5 weeks early with no warning...I was 7 cm dilated before I realized something was really up. I started pushing less than 3 hours later. Anyhow, in a situation like this where you've already had one preterm baby, when would you want DP to quit traveling? I mean, I would HATE for him to miss the birth but on the other hand, I hate to delay TTC because of his work schedule which is unlikely to change for years. There is also only going to be so much time that he can not travel and keep his job. It is just part of the deal.
In your situation I would probably ask him to do his last monthly travel around 34ish weeks.
My dp travels for work too, but his is overseas in different countries! We don't really have much say in when/where he goes either so we're at the mercy of his boss (who is very nice but also knows that when it comes down to it- sometimes the travel has to happen). Another member of their "team" has been out of the country for weeks, met his wife in Cabo for a week for their anniversary, took her back home and was in the US for 17 hours before he had to leave again to go back out of the country for work. It's looking right now like dp is going to be out of the country for most of December. He should be back home just in time for Christmas. The day after Christmas we leave to take ds to Michigan so we can go on our wedding/honeymoon. As far as I know there's supposed to be another trip later this month but nothing is ever finalized until a couple days before (so I may learn on a Wednesday that he's leaving the country for a couple weeks on Friday).
When the time comes I will beg and plead with his boss to have dp back in the country starting around 37 weeks (I had my son at 39 weeks, induced, so I have no concerns about preterm labor).
Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)
Do you know why you went into labor prematurely? (ie.. is it a situation that is likely to repeat itself such as cervical issues, or was it an isolated thing like an infection that is unlikely to repeat itself?)
Assuming you're like most preterm mamas and you don't know why- it would really depend on the pg, but if the pg were progressing w/o issue, I'd probably get internally checked around 33-34wks and if I'd made ZERO progress, I'd probably be okay w/ DH traveling until 36ishwks. I know that's somewhat arbitrary, but, not having a preemie myself, that's what I think I'd hypothetically do, yk?
IMO, I wouldn't delay TTC if it is a situation that isn't likely to change for some time. I'd just do the best to work around it when the time comes.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned. and the clarity to see and stop this now that is what i've earned (a.d.)