I'm not "ready" for a new baby yet... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2010, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
but sometimes I think I am going to totally freak if I don't get pregnent, like I am flouting fate or something. The problem is that my husband's employment isn't stable enough, I want to clear up debt before we have another. Does anyone else really want another baby even though it is so clearly not a rational desire??

I got an IUD and I decided that I would give myself a year off of BFing and being pregnant (it's been four years of either being pregnant, nursing or both) before having another. *sigh* I just hope our money situation is better by then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2010, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We are just starting to TTC now, but I've felt like that for about a year. Even though I knew it was bad timing, I thought about it all the time. I really tried to focus on enjoying having my body to myself (we weaned in March). I also tried to do things for/by myself that I knew I'd be sacrificing once I got pregnant. I had fun with my wardrobe and loved getting to wear cute stuff without thinking "can I nurse in public in that?". I got in shape. Dh and I went on more frequent dates. Now that we are TTC, I'm so glad I waited until the timing is "right", and I feel more ready to dive back into all the sacrifices, if that makes any sense. It is REALLY hard, though, to keep the baby fever at bay! I totally understand!!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:21 PM

I am totally feeling that way right now. It definitely is not the right time for a number of reasons. But I find myself secretly fantasizing about getting pregnant again. I am still breastfeeding and my cycle has yet to return. Dh and I just use condoms but on the few occasions that we forget I find myself buying pregnancy tests a couple weeks later. Then being slightly disappointed to see a negative. I feel like I am driving myself crazy obsessing about something that we technically do not "want" right now. I have thought about going on some type of birth control so that I do not obsess any more but I hate they way they affect my hormones and my body.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:06 PM

i just wrote in another thread that i'm starting to love when dh is away at work when i ovulate, b/c then i'm not obsessing about being pg, and poas everyday until my af comes! (we use withdrawal method, which people say isn't 100%, but i've never gotten pg from it in 14 years!!!). i'm just SO sick and tired of thinking about it all of the time. every time we dtd, if it's in there for a little too long, i can barely sleep b/c i'm counting what cycle day it is... it's driving me crazy! and then the other day (cd8) he was like "oh man, i think i might have just..." and now i'm freakin out that i could be pg (my cycles are only 26 days long, so i could ovulate on cd12, which means that it could potentially happen)... see?!!! i'm nuts! we already have 3 kids and my dh was DONE with 2, but then surprise!!! a third came along. i thought i was content, but lately the baby lust is starting to creep back into my mind, and i can't stop thinking about it either. i hear ya mama!!!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
Old 10-20-2010, 02:43 PM

I hear you. DD is 7 months old. She's a poor sleeper. I'm breastfeeding constantly. I don't even have my cycles back. Yet I want to be pregnant and think about it so often...

For me it is partly because of my friends...I have a lot of friends who are pregnant or just had their 2nd or 3rd and seeing so many beautiful pregnant women and adorable babies can make my head spin a bit. Its also my 30th birthday approaching, my desire for a large-ish family (maybe 4?) and my mom's history of secondary infertility...

However, I love my DD and I'm trying to just relax and enjoy this time with her and to remind myself that the exhaustion i'm experiencing now will NOT improve with pregnancy or another baby!

Mom to DD born March 2010, and someone new March 2012

Old 11-03-2010, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Funny as it is to say it, I'm glad you guys know how I feel. Lately even my HUSBAND has started talking about having another kid. I really want to wait out the rest of this year ad get my body back for a while. After two kids in 19 months and all the stress that comes with it, I have only just now gotten back to the weight I was before baby 1. So. Thankfully I have an IUD, otherwise I would definitely be knocked up by now.

User Tag List