Oh Gosh! Did we do it on a fertile day? Help! - Mothering Forums
Family Planning > Oh Gosh! Did we do it on a fertile day? Help!
Chakra's Avatar Chakra 03:14 AM 10-13-2010
So my husband and I don't use birth control, I just monitor my cervical fluid and avoid sex on my fertile days. It's worked great for over two years.

But lately my periods have been a little weird. I believe I have an ovarian cyst on my left ovary. For the past few periods I spot brown mucus for several days after my period. It's the same mucus as the fertile mucus, but it's tinted brown and starts right after my period and seems to last until ovulation ends.

Not sure whats going with that...and I have severe pain when I'm ovulating too.

So the first day of my period was Sept. 30th and my husband and I had sex on Oct.8th and he ejaculated inside of me (he usually pulls out) by mistake.

Since my cervical fluid has been so weird lately I'm not sure if I was close to ovulation or if there is a chance we could get pregnant. My cycles are usually 26-28 days long.

We are trying to avoid pregnancy and I'm really scared right now.

Let me know if you think this was during a fertile time. Thx.

Kindermama's Avatar Kindermama 09:57 AM 10-13-2010
Well, cd 8 would be considered a fertile day if your cycles are 26 days (like mine). In that case, you probably ovulate around day 11 or 12? Sperm live up to 5 days!

If your cycle is 27-28 days, you have a better chance of being in the clear but there is always that chance that ONE or more sperm will survive until cd 12-14!

That all said, it really depends on when you ovulate! Have you felt ovulation take place yet?
Chakra's Avatar Chakra 02:25 PM 10-13-2010
Yeah I ovulated yesterday. Thx for the reply. I really really hope I'm not!
Mosaic's Avatar Mosaic 03:31 PM 10-13-2010
Sperm needs fertile mucus to live long and get anywhere, plus your odds of getting pregnant in any "perfect" TTC cycle are only 20-25%. So yes, it's a possibility, but the odds are on your side.

For future reference, if your CM is unreliable, you may want to use other TTA rules instead instead of last dry day.
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 11:34 PM 10-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post
Well, cd 8 would be considered a fertile day if your cycles are 26 days (like mine). In that case, you probably ovulate around day 11 or 12? Sperm live up to 5 days!

If your cycle is 27-28 days, you have a better chance of being in the clear but there is always that chance that ONE or more sperm will survive until cd 12-14!

That all said, it really depends on when you ovulate! Have you felt ovulation take place yet?
i was just coming on here to post this same question!!! dh and i use withdrawal and have not gotten pg from it in 14 years. this passed thursday, on cd8, during sex, i heard him say "oh no, i think i might have just...". since i am a regular 26 day cycle girl, i'm all freakin out right now (i think i want more, he does not). anyway, my dd1 and ds were conceived on cd13, my dd2, cd14-15. so it's probably not going to happen, but i'm flippin out at the thought of being pg (a good flippin out!) i'm all ready to go buy the tests!!! oh yah, and a really weird thing happened on cd8, before we dtd... i went to the bathroom and a huge clump of ewcm came out of me. i was like "hhhmmm... that was weird, and early!" and then nothing since. now is when i would normally get ewcm (cd 11 today), and i have none, which leads me to believe that i had fertile cm early this month!!! the tww is SOOOO LONG!!!
Up