Anybody have a short luteal cycle after having two successful pregnancies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering if I've always had short luteal cycles and just didn't know (because I wasn't charting) or if this is a new change since my most recent baby. Is it possible for your body to decide that you shouldn't have any more babies?

I don't seem to have any eggwhite, either. I do get my period, every 26-27 days, and have since DD was born, even though I exclusively breast fed for almost a year.

I am currently treating myself for bacterial vaginosis, and I know that since that changes the acidity in my body that it could be impacting my luteal phase, but it just seems like such a small thing to cause such huge changes in my body

Does anyone have any answers for me? TIA

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2010, 12:06 AM

I don't know about any changes, and i only have one DS. But i did have a very short luneal phase (like 7 days if i remember right!) I had started charting a few months before i TTC. I started taking lots of B6 and that lengthed it to 11 days...long enough to get and stay prego. (i took the B6 through the frist trimester)
So, if you were eating lots of healthy things with high amounts of B vitamins, then maybe your good diet allowed you to get/stay prego with a short luneal phase.

SAHM to 4 cats, DS 5/09, DD 3/12 and 3# due 4/15. Home birthing, non vax, anti circ, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, real food eating pretty darn crunchy mama.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:20 PM

I started attempting to chart before TTC #2 and according to the chart, I had a short luteal phase and my period came so I figured I wasn't pregnant and decided to try again the next cycle. Well, it turns out that I DID get pregnant during that time (so when I thought I got pregnant during the next cycle, I had really been pregnant all along). My period must have been implantation spotting (although it bled like a period although it was on the light side) but I could never explain the short luteal phase. However, given that I was new to charting, there may have been some flaws there.

Mom to DD1 02/07, DD2 03/09 and expecting LO#3 01/12

Old 10-24-2010, 11:37 PM

Yes, I did but overtime it regulated itself again. Yes, it's possible for your body to decide that....it's nature way of protecting an unborn child. BV can cause preterm labor so I would get to the root of that imbalance as soon as possible. Once you do that, your body will most likely return to a state of balance and your fertility will also!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys

User Tag List