Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - November - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just testing to see if I can figure out how to put my chart in here...chartgraph_module.php?d=2010-11-10&mode=a&ts=1289428090

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 02:32 PM

oh wow! how exciting, I think it worked. Can anyone else see it?

#63 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Toolip~ Do you have allergies? The only thing I could think of is that your body is under more stress around AF, so is more sensitive to irritants? Just a wild guess.

It looks like I'll be sticking around, but we're off for the long weekend to see SO's mom (it's just so typical for AF to rear her ugly head when you're on vacay, right?) SO downloaded the FF app onto his old iPhone for me to use while we're away smile.gif

Congrats AnnieA & shells_n_cheese!!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#64 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolip View Post

oh wow! how exciting, I think it worked. Can anyone else see it?

I can see a chart there, but it's MINE! LOL! Are you seeing your own?

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#65 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I kept looking at the chart and thinking -- that's funny, her cycle is JUST like MINE.

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
#66 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

I can see a chart there, but it's MINE! LOL! Are you seeing your own?

Well that is very strange.... lol.gif

Now I don't see anything though.  Apparently I have some things to learn but the possibilities are exciting!

#67 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post

I kept looking at the chart and thinking -- that's funny, her cycle is JUST like MINE.

Well, you know, you hang out together enough and your cycles do line up! wink1.gif lol  

I don't use FF but I do have an account there. I suppose that's why I see a blank chart. 

Does this work?

1.png?Thu,%2011%20Nov%202010%2007:48:20%20GMT

That's what happens when I ctrl-click (right-click on a PC, I think) and open in a new tab. TCOYF then gives me a .png file. Looks like if you do the same thing on FF you get a URL with php code not the image file proper. You could always save the image file to your computer and put it up that way, but that might be just trading one minor inconvenience for another. 

#68 of 156 Old 11-11-2010, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

It looks like I'll be sticking around, but we're off for the long weekend to see SO's mom (it's just so typical for AF to rear her ugly head when you're on vacay, right?) SO downloaded the FF app onto his old iPhone for me to use while we're away smile.gif

Put you in the OP. Have a nice weekend! smile.gif

#69 of 156 Old 11-11-2010, 03:54 AM

Congrats to our two gradutates!! HH9M to both of you!!

I'm really confused with what my body is doing right now. I *think* af arrived, but its like she's trying not to be noticed. I took my IUD out on October 27, then up to 9th (13 days after removal) my CP has been low, firm and closed and CM has be dry. On the 9th I was having lots of brown CM, then the 10th and 11th (today) it seems like I'm bleeding, but it's so light that nothing is coming out, I only see it if I actually check my cervix and sweep my finger around (bright red blood.) I don't know if I should count this as AF or not. And if it is, it just figures-that will put me in my fertile zone the whole time my DH and I are in Vegas!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#70 of 156 Old 11-11-2010, 06:35 AM

i cant see the first chart but i can see the second shrug.gif

i havent been temping the last 5 days. sleep cycle not what i want. i havent been sleeping 3 hours straight so i fugre why do it. yk, cause i havent had a 1st ppaf anyway. nothing on or in me looks fertile anyway.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#71 of 156 Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 AM

I'm joining you guys but won't be charting for a few months. DS is only a week old and we're exclusively BFing. But we are definitely CTA for a long while until we decide IF we want more but after I'm done BFing and hormones level off a bit. This last baby wasn't planned AT ALL. But we're VERY thankful for him too. smile.gif

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#72 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

WELCOME southernmommie!  

(That's me inviting you to join us for tea! smile.gif )

At any rate, happy to have you join us. While LAM might not be CTA, I think it counts as FAM!

ETA: I forgot to say congratulations on your LO! 

#73 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 09:01 AM

Thanks! I'll be using LAM until my CM tells me to start temping. Then I'll be using both. Lol.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#74 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 09:23 AM

Good Morning ladies, thanks so much for the warm welcome to this thread. I am feeling more confident in CTA already.  So my chart just finally showed up back in post#55.  I would try and link it in this post, but I am afraid that would take it a day or so to show up...

It really does look like I O'd on day like 23 - My cycle is almost always 30 days. I sure hope this doesn't mean my LP will be 7 days.  I am feeling PMS-y already.  Interestingly, in the past my LP had been 9-10 days always, but I have never had trouble conceiving.  DS1 was coneivied the first cycle we tried and DS 2 was conceived at 14 wks Post partum - (I was supplementing due to medical issues...)  Anyway, any other ladies with short LPs know how short is too short?  And is it a problem if your LP changes in length?

Mama of 3 little boys - DS1 4/08, DS2 4/09, DS3 12/11

#75 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 11:02 AM

wave.gif

toolip, I can see the chart you posted, but it's my chart!

capretta, your chart came through fine.

It's really good for me (as a newbie) to see your charts--it makes me feel like mine isn't going to be as wonky as I thought. 

I'm anxious to see how things go; if i'm capable of doing this properly. Huz is not completely on board, but really, if he doesn't like it, he can take responsibility.  I suggested a V and he shut up about it...not that I'm done having kids, but all of the side effects of HBC since DD's birth are driving me batty.  Making me say things I don't mean! *big sigh*

So has anyone decided to POAS just because?  I just have this feeling like I should along with starting charting, even though we've been using withdrawal.  Not feeling pg, just like it would help me start with a clean slate. Maybe I'm crazy.  bag.gif

#76 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

wave.gif

toolip, I can see the chart you posted, but it's my chart!

capretta, your chart came through fine.

It's really good for me (as a newbie) to see your charts--it makes me feel like mine isn't going to be as wonky as I thought. 

I'm anxious to see how things go; if i'm capable of doing this properly. Huz is not completely on board, but really, if he doesn't like it, he can take responsibility.  I suggested a V and he shut up about it...not that I'm done having kids, but all of the side effects of HBC since DD's birth are driving me batty.  Making me say things I don't mean! *big sigh*

So has anyone decided to POAS just because?  I just have this feeling like I should along with starting charting, even though we've been using withdrawal.  Not feeling pg, just like it would help me start with a clean slate. Maybe I'm crazy.  bag.gif

Totally be careful with the withdrawal method. That is how we became pregnant with this last gift that is currently less than 2 weeks old nursing as I type this. smile.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#77 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnpmama View Post

Good Morning ladies, thanks so much for the warm welcome to this thread. I am feeling more confident in CTA already.  So my chart just finally showed up back in post#55. [link added]  I would try and link it in this post, but I am afraid that would take it a day or so to show up...

It really does look like I O'd on day like 23 - My cycle is almost always 30 days. I sure hope this doesn't mean my LP will be 7 days.  I am feeling PMS-y already.  Interestingly, in the past my LP had been 9-10 days always, but I have never had trouble conceiving.  DS1 was coneivied the first cycle we tried and DS 2 was conceived at 14 wks Post partum - (I was supplementing due to medical issues...)  Anyway, any other ladies with short LPs know how short is too short?  And is it a problem if your LP changes in length?

As far as I know LP tends to be pretty consistent and it is just the pre-O part of your cycle that subject to change. FWIW the chart I included above was my first cycle charting. I was a little concerned about not O'ing until CD22 [edit: er, that was CD21] since my cycles are consistently 26-29days, but then it just went long.

#78 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

wave.gif

Um, I did this almost every "cycle" with my Mirena in because it made my cycles all wonky and I just had no clue what was going on with my body!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#79 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 07:26 AM

i am going to whatevering!! DH said i was going to find out i was pregnant soon. lol. he seems insistent and wants IT all the time. so off i go. wish me luck!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#80 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

thumbsup.gif Good luck!

#81 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 01:18 PM

Needing suggestions for a good thermometer.  Mine a slowly dying and it's driving me crazy.  Also, I am having the most insane cycle...temps I *think* show a pretty good thermal shift but I keep having day after day of EWCM!!  WTH??  confused.gif  I am ready to pull my hair out.  Or become a nun.

slinggirl.gif  Melissa: wife todh_malesling.GIF, mama to 5 dear children grouphug.gif and remembering Matthias angel2.gif (8.9.05 - 8.10.05)

#82 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 02:19 PM

honeyb: Can you link to your chart?  I like the BD basal therm.  

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#83 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_honeyb View Post

Needing suggestions for a good thermometer.  Mine a slowly dying and it's driving me crazy.  Also, I am having the most insane cycle...temps I *think* show a pretty good thermal shift but I keep having day after day of EWCM!!  WTH??  confused.gif  I am ready to pull my hair out.  Or become a nun.

My CM is always crazy and I often have EWCM the week before AF, so at least a week after a clear thermal shift, so I totally understand.  I have come to just accept that CM for me is not the best indicator.  I remember reading somewhere, maybe in TCOYF, that it wasn't totally uncommon to have watery or wet type CM the week before your menses.

Oh and I use the BD thermometer, but dislike the beeping.

#84 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Not much really going on for me right now.  Cd4 or something, af pretty much gone.  Only one temp in my chart but I wanted to see if I could post it again so that you all weren't just seeing your own charts!

So here goes!   ...

This should be my last cycle, starting 10/14... what do you see?

?i=4064393&

#85 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_honeyb View Post

I have a whole collection of thermometers!  I've been searching for the perfect one!  So far I haven't found it...

I have the vicks therm and I pretty much never use it anymore.  I like it though.  I temp vaginally and it is good for that.  It's just hard to tell sometimes if you have it turned on and you wait and wait before you realize that it was accidentally turned off.

I also have a BD, not good for vaginal temping, imho.  It has a groove that is impossible to clean and it is hard and has a short tip.  I also dislike the beeping and it sounds like it's dying when you turn it off.  I do like that it lights up.

My favorite is my CVS therm.  I normally LOATHE CVS and would do anything not to support them, however, it's my favorite therm by far!  It just beeps at the beginning and end.  It doesn't light up but the memory is really easy to use so I just temp in the dark and look at it later.  It's easy to clean and it's a very pretty color!  I love it!  So that's what I would suggest!

#86 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 09:44 PM

I've been meaning to take a little poll.  I'm just curious how many of you temp vaginally vs orally and why. 

I started temping vaginally b/c I was getting really erratic temps when I fist started and they really evened out when I started temping vaginally.  Last month I had a YI for a couple weeks so I temped orally (for the whole cycle) and it was so hard for me!  I temp really early and then usually go back to sleep and I found it really hard to stay awake enough to keep my lips around the therm.  Temping vaginally seems SO easy to me now!

#87 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 11:33 PM

I have the BD thermometer and I like the beeping. It's the only way I know that it's on. I have another thermometer that doesn't beep and I never know if it's actually working. I temp orally. I know I sleep with my mouth open but my temps never seems erratic. I have 3 thermometers so I should try vaginal temping.

#88 of 156 Old 11-14-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Ha! I figured out multi-quote! orngtongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnpmama View Post

Oh and I use the BD thermometer, but dislike the beeping.

yeahthat.gif I put my finger over the speaker so that it's not quite so loud, but otherwise I think it's great. I was totally worth the hassle to get it here from the US.

Quote:

This should be my last cycle, starting 10/14... what do you see?

clap.gifSuccess! Maybe you can post the instructions for the benefit of other FFers? 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolip View Post

I've been meaning to take a little poll.  I'm just curious how many of you temp vaginally vs orally and why. 

(OK, maybe not fully figured out - it didn't want to let me post below the last quote.) I temp orally, because it seems to work.

#89 of 156 Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 AM

it was really easy to post.  I just copied and pasted from my home page.  When I did it before it was the chart from my data entry page, which is why you all saw your own charts.  Super easy!

#90 of 156 Old 11-14-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:

My favorite is my CVS therm.  I normally LOATHE CVS and would do anything not to support them, however, it's my favorite therm by far!  It just beeps at the beginning and end.  It doesn't light up but the memory is really easy to use so I just temp in the dark and look at it later.  It's easy to clean and it's a very pretty color!  I love it!  So that's what I would suggest!

I used to have that one and it was my fave too, but  I lost it and there is no cvs nearby, so I went with the BD.  I temp orally it seems easier for me and never had problems with temps being erratic, except when I was alternating work on the day shift and the night shift - then temping was basically useless...

Tags
Family Planning , Health Healing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page