Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - November - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 156 Old 11-25-2010, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl View Post

Thanks, Shannon! I completely agree about doing your own interpretations- following the "rules" is more important than what the software says. I just thought it was strange that they are telling me different things. And I just really really like charts. Of any type, actually. :)

Each software has its own formula.  FF even has multiple interpretations you can choose from!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#152 of 156 Old 11-27-2010, 07:36 PM

Has anyone read a really good book besides TCOYF? And is anyone familiar with the Creighton model/taken a class on it? My midwife is a certified Creighton Model instructor and I was thinking maybe DH and I should take her class, just so we both have all the same information. I really want DH to know what's going on a little bit more with my cycle, so he's not always saying, "Are you sure we're safe?!"  I'd be nice if we were both making the decisions instead of me just being the one to interpret my charts. That way if we did get pregnant it would be both our faults!! lol.gif

slinggirl.gif  Melissa: wife todh_malesling.GIF, mama to 5 dear children grouphug.gif and remembering Matthias angel2.gif (8.9.05 - 8.10.05)

#153 of 156 Old 11-28-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_honeyb View Post

Has anyone read a really good book besides TCOYF? And is anyone familiar with the Creighton model/taken a class on it? My midwife is a certified Creighton Model instructor and I was thinking maybe DH and I should take her class, just so we both have all the same information. I really want DH to know what's going on a little bit more with my cycle, so he's not always saying, "Are you sure we're safe?!"  I'd be nice if we were both making the decisions instead of me just being the one to interpret my charts. That way if we did get pregnant it would be both our faults!! lol.gif

I have not taken Crieghton method classes, though DH and I have considered it. I am a nurse practitioner and a colleague of mine is a certified instructor and she thinks it is superior to the sympto thermal method (or FAM from TCOYF), because there is a better scale and multiple ways to rate cervical mucus with creighton.  I was just talking to another friend last night about it.  She uses the creighton method. What she told me is that it relies entirely on cervical mucus, so she never temps.  As for partner involvement my friends DH is no more involved in it than mine is with sympto thermal.  SO I think that just depends on the couple not necessarily the method, but since I've never taken the Creighton classes I am not sure.  Personally I prefer having multiple indicators to rely on as I am not always a perfect judge of my cervical mucus.  So we will be sticking with sympto-thermal for a little while longer.

Mama of 3 little boys - DS1 4/08, DS2 4/09, DS3 12/11

#154 of 156 Old 11-29-2010, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm still here. SO is driving me nuts! He goes from "If it happens, it happens" to "Let's try right now!" to "Let's wait until we're married" and then back again. Last night it was "We've got 22 condoms left... they can last a month or they can last a year, that's up to you, but when they're done I want to start trying!" I think he was serious. I like the after-marriage plan... but I don't see that happening until at least summer. So are we on rations now?! I may have to buy more and just hope he loses count. 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#155 of 156 Old 11-29-2010, 06:03 PM

I just have a questions to all you experienced FAMers. All signs point to ovulation right now. My temps have been crazy because I'm sick but I'm feeling the very familiar pain in my abdomen whenever I sit down so I'm 99% certain I'm o-ing and I also know that I'm not preggers.

So, has this ever happened to any of you that you felt like you had letdowns (as in milk-letdowns) while you were o-ing. And also I swear I felt a bunch of braxton hicks contrax today. it's so weird. I've been charting for seven months now and never felt anything like it.

joy.gif
#156 of 156 Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning! tea6.gif

Can you believe it is December already?! New thread here!

Tags
Family Planning , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page