Me too.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Haven't read any of the responses, but just wanted to chime in to say that withdrawal is really effective--IF you use it correctly. dh and I have been using it successfully for about 10 years--both kids were planned. Your dh has to be committed to it, obviously, but also needs to be, ahem, in good control of things. Maybe practice for a while using a backup, just so he gets the hang of the timing, especially--he needs to pull out in good time before anything happens.

The really important rule we learned was also that, if ejaculation has happened within the previous *12 hours* (sex, masturbation, whatever), then you should consider it UNSAFE and either avoid or use backup methods. I believe this to be true, and think failure to observe this rule is responsible for most of the failures of this method.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

Old 05-14-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama

The really important rule we learned was also that, if ejaculation has happened within the previous *12 hours* (sex, masturbation, whatever), then you should consider it UNSAFE and either avoid or use backup methods. I believe this to be true, and think failure to observe this rule is responsible for most of the failures of this method.

Thanks for the tip! thumb.gif  Withdrawal always worked for me and my ex...and he even would wait until the last second (didn't have to use his hand or any sort of stimulation when he'd pull out in order to ejaculate)...he's just the type of person that has really great self-control.  Speaking of which, I think it also depends on the man's personality...does he have a good amount of self-control in other areas of his life?  It seems to me that would be a good indicator of whether or not he'd be able to handle this type of control winky.gif

Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 PM

yep. DD was conceived the one time we DTD during my fertile period, and he pulled out. it was the first time we ever DTD during my fertile period too. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Old 05-17-2011, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I've never gotten pregnant with the withdrawal method, even if I was ovulating, and we do it like mommyin2008 describes.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No pregnancies here and we used it between dd and ds, until we were ready to have more and we are using it now, but I will say it takes me a long time to get pregnant when we are actually trying so I have no idea if we help with the question at all.

User Tag List