Mothering Forum banner

November Whatever Thread

12K views 428 replies 12 participants last post by  Baby_Cakes 
#1 ·
I figured I'd go ahead and start this one. We're not keeping track of anyone or where they are, right?

I'm totally frustrated and stumped. I still haven't had any indication of O. I've gotten what I think might be more + opks yesterday and today. I'm not 100% sure because the test lines are being weird. They are darker than the control lines on the left side but fade out toward the right. I can't tell if the right edge is as dark as or just a tad lighter than the control. The control lines are really light, too.

I think I'm finally getting closer to O. My CF and CP yesterday were creamy and MMM. Today they are watery and HSO. No ewcf yet. We haven't dtd in 4 days. We started to last night but I was feeling too nauseous, because of my prenatal vitamin, I think. We tried again this morning but ds3 woke up and interrupted us.

Here are links to opk pics:

October 31 OPK

October 31 OPK

November 01 OPK

My FF Chart

See less See more
#228 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Wow. I still can't over how dark a line that is for 10dpo!!
I agree! MW, your body does crazy stuff w/hcg!!!
love.gif

Luv, did you get your hcg level back? Is that why you're saying your not pg?

#229 ·
Haha, guys! I must be some kind of freak. I wouldn't call that a dark line but it's definitely obvious. What do you think my hCG level was at that time? That was done around noon today so I'm guessing around 15. Maybe my body metabolizes hCG really fast. :shrug

Luv ~ I'm with Annie. How do you know you aren't pg? A 35 day cycle is not outside the norm.

#230 ·
MW: You're right, it's not a super dark line but it's such a drastic difference from yesterday. I'd say around 15 is probably right. But remember, my test from the morning that I had my beta done was so faint that I could hardly see it in person and my hcg was 18. So you having that dark of test w/an hcg around 15 is pretty crazy!

#231 ·
Oh and back about what the hcg needs to be to see a heartbeat. You may be correct MW that it's lower than 10,000. I was not totally with it in that appt with the dr when he told me that. It was my followup from my d&e and I was stressed that we had possibly conceived so soon after the d&e and the baby wasn't going to implant. So I wasn't completely listening. I'll ask the new dr. when I have my appt on Friday.

#232 ·
I found this:

Quote:
Anything from 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml is considered normal at 5 weeks. Once the levels have reached 2000, some type of development is expected to be seen in the uterus using high resolution vaginal ultrasound. If using a transabdominal ultrasound, some type of development should be seen when the hCG level has reached 3600 mIU/ml. Although development may be seen earlier, these levels provide a guide of when something is expected.
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Pregnancy/Early-Ultrasound---HCG---Progesterone-Guide/show/191?cid=98

That quote is in reference to 5w. It doesn't refer to the heartbeat. It says that a heartbeat can be easily detected by 6 1/2-7w.

I've done a little bit more searching and am finding pretty much the same thing. I think you are probably correct. Your doc was probably talking about when it's most likely safe to expect to see a heartbeat, although one might be able to be seen sooner. My OB must have told me by 2000 we should be able to see something on u/s but not necessarily a heartbeat.

Anyway, I just realized that an u/s on 12/20 would make me 9w. I don't know if I can wait that long. I'm back to not knowing who to continue seeing.

And, yeah, there is a drastic difference between those 2 AEs. That's why I wanted to show them to you all. The lines on the ICs are much lighter but definitely there, too. That's why I like the line tests better than the digis, especially now that I know the digis are much more sensitive than they claim. I can watch my hCG go up with the ever darkening lines.

#234 ·
I feel absolutely wonderful not temping. Of course, that's now, we'll see how I feel in two weeks, lol. Like I said I put an app on my phone so I'm still aware of my fertile days w/o logging into FF. And I can't help myself from checking cp and cm. So, I'm not completely able to shut down everything in my brain, but I do feel so much less obsessive so that's good.

I've been doing a lot of "me" things lately. Been taking the time to run on the treadmill, go clothes shopping, and I just bought a ton of lotions at bath and body works. I got fresh new bangs cut and I went out yesterday and got contacts. I know another baby isn't too far off and all this time I have to do "me" things will soon disappear. I think especially now that Nora has weaned, I'm realizing for the first time in a long time my body is MINE and it's very exciting. Yesterday at the drs was the first time in so long I didn't have to check off the "pg or nursing" checkbox!

Nora is getting so big and I'm starting to think about how having another baby is starting all over, and if I'm being brutally honest it scares me and I wonder if I'm truly ever going to be "ready", or more just ready and willing!

My BFF found out she is having a girl yesterday. I can't believe she is already 20 wks. We were TTC together, and now she already knows what she's having. It makes me realize how much time has truly gone by.

#235 ·
Carrie ~ That's great that you feel better not temping. I always felt more relaxed when I took even just that week off during AF.

I know what you mean about having that feeling that your body is your own. As much as I love being pg and nursing, it felt very liberating when ds3 stopped nursing. I'm also the same way about having another baby. It scares the heck out of me.

I woke up around 4 am this morning and could not get back to sleep because I couldn't stop thinking. We're going to have some major financial issues if my dh gets the next assignment he wants. I understand why he's asking for it but I don't think he realizes how hard it's going to make things for us. We recently tried to refinance our house only to find out that it will probably appraise for about $6000 less than what we owe. We couldn't afford to refinance with that because we'd have to make up the difference between the new loan and our current mortgage payoff. With his new assignment, we'll have to move in about 1 1/2 to 2 years and either sell or rent the house. I seriously doubt the value of our home will go up enough in that short time so that we could even break even. On top of that, our mortgage payment goes up by $100 a month every year because of the darn taxes! No one will pay rent in the amount to cover our mortgage payment, especially with the drop in housing prices and, therefore, rental prices. It seriously might be so bad that we'll have to stay with my mom for a while until we can recover. Ugh! Anyway, if I think about things too much, I freak out. Then I have to remind myself that things will work out. They always do.

#236 ·
MW - postive thoughts!

as for apps, I use the FF iPhone app, that way it can sync with my FF charts. I rarely log on to FF, I just use the mobile app.

I have a 2 day headache. I really don't like having headaches!

I am waiting to O . . .sometime this year, I think.

#237 ·
Annie and MW, today is day 36 and nothing, but yes I got my HCG blood test back and they said it was negative! They did a quantitative so I asked and she said that there is absolutely no HCG in my blood stream! I saw the smallest amount of purple colored mucous yesterday and got excited that maybe AF was coming and nothing, not even a hint of anything since! So I really don't know what to think!

MW- What do you mean 35 days is not outside the norm, normal cycle?? I mean I haven't ever had one this long, so it's definitely strange and last month I had the shortest cycle ever 24 days and bleed really heavy, heavier then i usually do! Thoughts??

A little more info, I am still nursing my almost 19 month old, but it doesn't seem she has started nursing more, if anything she seems to be nursing the same or a little less! I haven't been temping because I still night nurse her!

#238 ·
luv ~ I kind of got the impression that you were asking if you should try to do something about this long cycle. Even the most regular women can have an off cycle every now and again. And since 35 days isn't really long in the big scheme of things (most docs won't give progesterone to start a new cycle for at least 90 days) I don't think it's anything to worry about at this point. Nursing and the number of PP cycles you've had can affect things a lot. It takes my body at least a year from the time my cycles start coming back after having a baby (at around a year) to regulate.

katrina ~ I know it's not really funny but I did have to chuckle a little when you said waiting to O sometime this year. I hope it's sooner rather than later. (I wanted to put a cute smilie in there but it takes too long to find a good one anymore. Anyone else annoyed that the smilie categories are gone and everything is just random?)

#241 ·
i havent had a real AF in more than 4 years. after DD1 i was on the mini pill and only had a 3 day light pain free period. i think i am getting ready to start my first real PP AF today. i have been cramping since last night. cf is creamy, tearing up at the drop of a hat, have a headache. i just want it to start already and am hoping it is not as bad as they used to be when i was younger. if they are, i will be sitting around all day with a heating pad on my abdomen. ugh. i am even a little nauseas. i am a little excited and at the same time... not. lol.

#242 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

So I logged into FF just to see what day I'm on, and lol, I just got 30 free vip days!! lol!!
That's how they hook you back in!

AFM- I'm waiting on O...any day now. DH is stalking me several times a day which makes me stalk my chart trying to figure out timing, OPK results, temps, CM etc! This is exactly what I didn't want to do but here we are!

OPK question---anyone know......with the green early-pregnancy-tests.com tests, do I need to hold my urine? The instructions don't say anything except to test at the same time each day sometime between 10am & 8pm. I usually ovulate on day 11 or 12. I'm at day 9 now and it's very negative (as in very faint test line). It's not any darker than yesterdays...it might even been fainter!

wait...scratch that! It actually is darker than yesterdays. It definitely took longer than 3-5 minutes to show itself. Oh well...at least I know O is close!

#243 ·
Carrie ~ Of course! Isn't that how it always works? :lol:

Kinder ~ I don't know specifically about ept.com opks but mine, which are very similar, recommend that you hold your urine for at least 2 hours. I have found that it is more important to limit fluids than hold urine. I can't hold my urine for more than 2 hours but I can limit my fluids. Then if I go again at 4 hours I get very concentrated urine. Hope that makes sense.

So, I finally got my 2nd beta back after deciding to go back to the doc I saw Monday. I was almost there when the nurse called. At first she didn't tell me the #. Just said it was positive but a little low but that was ok because it's still early. She did eventually give me the #, 37.81! So at 9dpo my beta was only 10.65 and at 10dpo it was 37.81. I hope that's a good thing, more than tripled in one day. I think I've read something bad (other than multiples) about betas rising too quickly. Off to google that. They didn't think it was necessary for me to get another one. I got one at the 1st doc's office today, though. I'll get the results of that tomorrow. I've figured out that I should have enough progesterone to get me through the first trimester. Plus, I took my recommendation for progesterone from the MFM doc I saw when I miscarried in August to the doc today. The nurse then asked me if I had some and I told her I had a little left over from when I saw the MFM. I didn't tell them about the new scripts. Anyway, I think the doc will give me progesterone now so I don't need to worry about running out. Now that that is taken care of, I think I will continue to see this doc rather than the arrogant one who doesn't want to tell me what my labs are or do anything but tell me to relax.

#244 ·
MW that's a great number!! Woo hoo stick, baby, stick!!
banana.gif

I just did an opk for shits and giggles and it was there but just barely. So I still have time. I haven't had any desire to dtd lately, I've been kinda annoyed at DH. I'll see how I feel when I'm closer to O, lol.

#245 ·
Haha, Carrie. I can be so annoyed with dh at other times in my cycle that I think there's no way we'll ever dtd because he's just driving me crazy. Then O time comes and suddenly none of that matters. It's not that I ignore it or am able to put it aside for the sake of BD. It's that my desire to dtd overrides anything else I may be feeling.

#246 ·
why have i not started AF yet?!?! the cramping is ridiculous. i just wanna get it over with. :(

#247 ·
Lioness, I had mad cramping midcycle this last one. hope it starts soon for you! sam for Luvmygirls. waitin on AF sucks big time.

MW: I think your numbers are great! sending more sticky vibes!

found out another of my IRL friends is pregnant today (one is 9 weeks, this other is probably 5-6 weeks) makes me really want to join in! I am usually up for DTD anytime really, but I think since baby I need to be actually in the mood, which is something that didn't used to be an issue (meaning I pretty much always was I think) . . . need to work on that I think.

Carrie, and whoever else is waiting to O - GL!

#248 ·
Katrina ~ With such a young baby, it's not unusual to not be in the mood much. I can't remember if I mentioned the study I heard about debunking the myth of the 7 year itch in marriages. Anyway, an anthropologist said it's actually more like a 4 year itch and is related to procreation. Women's bodies are biologically programmed to have children every 4 years. To increase genetic diversity women instinctively look for a different mate than the one they had for their last child. What that tells me is that women's bodies are probably also programmed to not want sex much when they have young children. Other reasons for that are to ensure the health and survival of the child that already exists, especially when nursing. So, my point is that not having much interest in dtd when you have a baby or even a toddler/young child does not mean there is anything wrong with you.

Waking up at 5:30 makes for a looooooooooong day. I have a guy coming out today to measure my kitchen to get an estimate on having a new floor installed. I guess I should clean at least a little.

#249 ·
How cool is this? I've seen dogs nursing kittens before but wait til you get toward the end.

I tried to insert the video but it didn't work. I think there must be some incompatibility between my browser security, Firefox, and posting images on here.

#250 ·
OMG! That clip was amazing! No spoilers but I agree with you - that was a bit jaw dropping!

So, yesterday DH gave me time to go run on the treadmill, totally watched Nora for me w/o any issues, and then let me shower while he made dinner. He MADE me dinner - rather than being like "it's in the kitchen go get your plate". Then he gave Nora a bath (which he usually does, but for some reason this time he did it all on his own w/o prompting). Nora went to bed super easy - only 5 or 6 Twinkle Twinkles and one ABC's -- then we watched BSG and damn. That was that. Hello libido, where have you been? And just like that all the minor annoying things are gone. Funny how that happens! :wink

I'm just going to type the codes for the smilies until I get used to them being all scrambled up. LOL.

Oh - and I ran 4 miles on the treadmill last night, not straight thru (I had to walk for about 2/10ths of a mile after the 3.1 mile mark) but in good time. Took me 42 minutes!! Not bad!!

DH and I were up late talking (after our romp) and talked a lot about having another baby and stuff. It was so sweet to just talk. To be held and loved, and just remember why we're doing all of this, why we're growing our family, and why we are together. It's just all about being in love. LOL ok I'll stop being sappy now. I have to get to work.

MW - are you going to get any more betas? Did you? Can you share your numbers?

JJ - How's it going?

Anyone else I missed - hang in there!!

#251 ·
Carrie ~ I definitely feel a lot more attracted to my dh when he does things for me, especially when it involves taking care of the kids. One sure fire way to turn me off completely is to do or say something negative wrt the kids, even my 19yo. He's still my baby, too.

I had another beta yesterday with the doc who ran my beta on Monday. He wanted me to come in for another since the first was low. I should get that result today as soon as I call. If it's good, I don't think I'll have anymore. I'll keep testing at home every day to make sure my lines are still getting darker. So far, so good. I can't figure out when to stop testing, though. I've read that there's some point at which hCG gets too high for the hpts and the lines get lighter just because the hpts get overwhelmed. I tested with ds3 as late as 27dpo and at a little past 8w when I was pg in May 2009. Those tests both looked good, which is not a guarantee that everything is good since the May baby was most likely already dead by then, but it makes me feel a little better in the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.