November Whatever Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 429 Old 11-29-2010, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not planning on testing right now, really.  I just can't.  If af hasn't shown by Sunday, I will probably test.  I'll be surprised if I make it that far - that would be a 13 day lp for me.  For the past few months my lp has been 11 or 12 days so we shall see.

Just send really fertile and pg thoughts my way, guys!!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 429 Old 11-29-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Sending them, Carrie.

Annie ~ I remember that question about your O day. That would be cool to be further than you thought even if it is only 2 days.

I don't have any of my usual weird symptoms. They are supersonic smell, restless legs and (totally embarassing TMI) dream orgasms. I had 2 of those earlier but the last one was a week ago. Wow, I didn't realize that had stopped, too. Another thing that has me concerned is that I did not have implantation spotting. I know it's not necessary for a healthy pg. I'm concerned, though, because since I've been charting none of my miscarriages had implantation spotting. I had it with both ds2 and ds3 and one other pg that failed.

I think I'm getting a cold now. DS1 just got over one and ds2 started getting sick a few days ago. Now my sinuses are starting to hurt and I'm very tired.

I don't know what to tell you about testing. I'm certainly not one to tell others they should wait.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#363 of 429 Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 PM

OMG I forgot about the sexy dreams I had when I was pg with Nora! Ha!  Thanks for reminding me about them, lol!  

Dude, my bff went thru her entire first tri with NO SYMPTOMS.  I was getting text msgs and calls all the time that she just "knew" something had to be wrong w/the baby b/c it was too easy.  No nausea, no tiredness, no sore anything.  She had NO COMPLAINTS.  So, it CAN happen.  Oh, and NOTHING is wrong with her or the baby.  Fine and dandy.

The only way I'm able to turn my mind off of things lately is to go shopping.  So I've been spending a lot of time out and about.  It seems to make the days go by quicker and I'm less prone to sit on FF or MDC or google looking for pg related stuff.

Do you guys really think I can make it till sunday w/o testing?

Oh, and ps - tiredness?  sinus congestion?  Both are early pg symptoms!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#364 of 429 Old 11-29-2010, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

I wish I could have gotten out and about today but ds2 is sick so we're stuck in the house. That's why I'm feeling bad, too. It's not pg related. There's a cold going around our house.

I can't do any shopping. I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. We don't have any money. My dh only manages to call me once in 2 weeks when he has to go to the main base for work but when he gets a call from the cell phone company saying we've gone over our minutes he calls me immediately. That really pissed me off because he wanted me to check our account and see who was using so many minutes because he only used a few. Well, isn't he special? Give me a heads up that we need to stop chatting on the phone for a few days but don't go searching for someone to blame. KWIM?

I was reading about how m/s doesn't usually start until around 6w so I have some time still. I also read that m/s seems to be associated with a lower risk of m/c. Not having m/s isn't necessarily a bad sign. But when you've had a history of m/cs without m/s, it could be a bad thing.

Oops. I edited the wrong post. LOL

Anyway, read up for my response to waiting to test.

Oh, and on the sex dreams. I hate them because I get awful cramps afterward. It's horrible. I have to take ibuprofen even though the doc told me not to take anything. They are just too painful.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#365 of 429 Old 11-29-2010, 04:35 PM

Good luck making it to Sunday! haha!

I tested today and it was negative. I didn't use FMU but after the very AF-like cramps today and nausea and 99+ high daytime temp again (3rd day in a row now), I thought it was worth a shot. I'm going to test everyday until I get my BFP!!! Woohoo!

ooh I've had two baby dreams in the last three nights. First one was so bizarre. A women in a resort daycare center breastfed my four year old and when I went to confront her, she had no clothes on from the waist-down and when I looked down, her private area look like male fetus genitalia (like you see in the books!). So weird!

Last night, I had a dream that I was going to visit my SIL in the hospital. She had just given birth to a boy. When I got to the desk, they were like "there is no B___ M____" on the list here. I had security take me upstairs and it turned out it was under my name and she had given birth for me. It was a boy and his face kept morphing as I looked over her shoulders at him. He'd look like DH one second and then a cross-eyed newborn the other! 

Like I said....until I get my BFP!fingersx.gif

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#366 of 429 Old 11-29-2010, 04:46 PM

Oh, and on the sex dreams. I hate them because I get awful cramps afterward. It's horrible. I have to take ibuprofen even though the doc told me not to take anything. They are just too painful.

"See, Doc, the thing is I wake up after getting it on with (insert celebrity) and it hurts! Do you have anything I can take for it!" 

I can just see it now! banana.gifSorry! It made me laugh! That really does suck!

#367 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 12:36 AM

lol- I haven't had any sex dreams, but I think my hormones were obviously changing this month, as I had an insane sex drive during my fertile time. Unfortunateyl DH and I were working opposite schedules, but it's unheard of for me to be the one wanting to dtd, it's -always- him. But the whacko hormones makes sense, especially with my odd AF this month.

Carrie-- You can wait with me!! I'll be 13dpo on Saturday, but I have an exam that day-- it's a take home open book exam that we have all day long to work on. So... I think it's probably better than I don't test before then. So sunday it will be, if I haven't started AF yet. I don't really feel anything one way or another. I'm in shock that it's 9dpo (well, more like 8, since I haven't gone to bed yet, but still...) I kept thinking I was only 5 or so, and then I saw FF's counter and was a bit shocked. I've been too busy to think of baby stuff.  We barely got any well timed bd in, so i kind of wrote this month off. My temps look nice and high though, still climbing, which sucks because I wake up feeling feverish. But other than that I don't feel "anything". We'll see how the next few days go!

?i=4094585&

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#368 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 12:40 AM

ps. We have a police/fire/ambulance scanner at home, and I often listen at night, it's quite interesting. I've got it on right now, and they're transporting a woman in labor via ambulance to the hospital. It's interesting, but it's really driving home my idea again that I don't want to -go- anywhere. The idea of staying home and never having to be outside my own comfortable home just seems so ... delicious, right now. I thnk it's because I'm cuddled on the couch with my puppy, the lights from the christmas tree lighting the room, and everything just seems so idyllic. I love nights like this

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#369 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

LOL Kinder! It's way early for a BFP. Keep up the positive thoughts.

JJ ~ Your chart looks really good. Why do you keep saying your BD timing wasn't good? It looks very good to me, O and O-3, both with very fertile CF.

I had another sex dream last night, I think. I woke up vaguely remembering some kind of sexual activity going on and had those awful cramps. I had to take ibuprofen. Once a week isn't dangerous, is it? The thing that concerns me the most is that it's on top of 81 mg of aspirin daily. Acetaminophen doesn't work, though. The only things that work are ibuprofen and hydrocodone and I definitely don't want to take a narcotic.

Hm...that gives me a good excuse to call the doc and maybe they'll want me to come in. Then maybe I could get a blood draw and even an u/s. They think I'm 6w by now.

#370 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 05:45 AM

MW, sounds good to me :) any excuse to get you in there. Regular Tylenol doesn't do a thing for me, but I started using Excedrin Tension headache, it is the medicine in tylenol + caffeine. I don't know if the fillers may be different, but it works way better than regular tylenol for me.

I am saying again that I hate really long cycles. I am on cd 34 and probably have another 10 days until O, if FF can be believed. ugh.  On the plus side, if FF is right, test day will be Christmas Eve! how lovely will a BFP then be?

Carrie and JJ - and Kinder - fx for more BFP's! you would all be in August right?

Lioness, are you still lurking? how are you doing?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#371 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 05:57 AM

JJ that chart looks great! I know what you mean about waking up feverish...it sucks but it also means that your hormone levels are high! Which is a good thing!

MW talking about her sex-dream pg symptom reminded me of another one of my odd pg symptoms. DH and I were DTD the other morning and I had been totally fine nausea-wise prior to us starting anything and about 30 seconds after I "finished" this intense wave of nausea came over me. It sucked SO bad! I had to lay there for like 15 mins before I felt like I could even get up. It was so crazy!

That would be so awesome to have all you ladies in the Aug DDC! love.gif

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#372 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

I called the doc and they want me to come in today at 2:30 for an u/s. I know it's too early but I couldn't say no. The nurse asked how far along I am and I just gave her my lmp rather than telling her the truth. I knew that would make her think I'm at least 6w. Now I'm scared to death. What if we see nothing? I'm only 5w3d today. I saw ds2's fetal pole at 5w3d but no yolk sac and no heartbeat. I know we won't see a heartbeat and they're going to be worried and that's going to make me worried even though I know it's too early. I hate to say it because I know a lot of scans is not a good thing but at least this means I should be able to get another one next week. Maybe the doc will also order another beta since the u/s won't show what he wants to see and he thinks my previous ones were low.

Do I want to know or would I rather stay in my anxiety ridden ignorance?

#373 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I called the doc and they want me to come in today at 2:30 for an u/s. I know it's too early but I couldn't say no. The nurse asked how far along I am and I just gave her my lmp rather than telling her the truth. I knew that would make her think I'm at least 6w. Now I'm scared to death. What if we see nothing? I'm only 5w3d today. I saw ds2's fetal pole at 5w3d but no yolk sac and no heartbeat. I know we won't see a heartbeat and they're going to be worried and that's going to make me worried even though I know it's too early. I hate to say it because I know a lot of scans is not a good thing but at least this means I should be able to get another one next week. Maybe the doc will also order another beta since the u/s won't show what he wants to see and he thinks my previous ones were low.

Do I want to know or would I rather stay in my anxiety ridden ignorance?

Sending hugs your way MW, we'll all be thinking of you this afternoon.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#374 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 08:08 AM

YAY!!! MW!!!  You going to see your baby, you're going to see your baby!!! banana.gif Maybe I'm thinking too positively but I just know you'll have a good update! I can feel it! 

Thanks guys! I had the most bizarre sex dream last night. My DH's p*nis was coming out of his tailbone, straight up like a dog's tail and well you can imagine the rest! WTF! No more talking about sex dreams, k! 

MW- it's not way too early! You had a + by 8dpo, right! I'm 8dpo and still negative.  I was so nauseous last night that I had a pail beside me. It lasted about an hour on and off. I'd be fine one minute and then a wave would come. It was uncomfortable but something like this happened last month....at least DH remembers it. I don't. So, that makes me less hopeful but I'm not putting my positivity aside until AF shows (which she won't ;))

JJ- chart looks amazing!!!! hope this is it for you guys!

Akind- yes August and the same exact due date as my last babe too! Weird!

#375 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 AM

MW - seeing anything will be great! is is wonderful that they are so proactive.

I haven't had any sexy dreams in a while . . .I always have weird dreams, but I think it is more that I remember them, a lot of people just don't remember their dreams.  man I am sleepy today! need to go to bed earlier!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#376 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 AM

MW - YAY!  I too have a GREAT feeling.  And don't let them worry you.  You know your real dates and that counts for some peace of mind.  I'm not a fan of too many unnecessary scans for joy and entertainment but this is NOT that situation!  This is for a reason.  Get your scans!  Don't even think twice!

JJ - YAY for a waiting buddy!  Part of me feels like I can make it.  Why can't I?  I'm just waiting for AF.  I'm pretty much set on waiting for her to start on Fri or Saturday.  I'm going to bring tampons to work, the whole deal.  I have no reason to believe this month is any different from the others.  I still have hope but it's just a hunch -- reality is weighing heavier right now.

And you guys, these sex dreams are too funny!  Keep the humor coming!  We need it around here! ROTFLMAO.gif

#377 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Lioness, are you still lurking? how are you doing?

still lurking.snd still obsessing over every little symptom of impending o'ing. lol.

i keep forgetting to temp regularly though. but i had a big dip today and i have some cramping in my sides. i only have one fallopian tube on the right side and it is the left that cramps most. my cm looks promising too. so we'll see. i just gotta make sure to temp every day for the next week. that will tell me i guess.

i would love to have a bfp for DH on xmas morning! that would be so sweet.

the cold is going around my house right now too. i am using it as an excuse to take mucinex. it is supposed to help make the cm more fertile. that and green tea. i think it thins it or makes the body make more or something. that and my nose is all stuffed up. lol.

i have been taking extra b12 at night before bed. i heard that can help too. and when i am not obsessing over how to get preg again i am obsessing over how to not obsess over getting preg. :lol

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#378 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 AM

Yay MW! You're going to see your baby this afternoon! So exciting! Can't wait for the update!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#379 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone. Funny thing. After making my appointment I realized I should probably eat something other than a piece of toast. I ate a sausage griddlecake (not the best thing but it's all I've got) and I felt so nauseous afterward for about 20-30 minutes. Nerves about the u/s or finally the beginning of m/s?

LMAO Kinder! No more sex dreams talk. BTW, did you all know there is a website that tracks all internet posts? You can put in your username and get all the posts you've ever posted on here and anywhere else. It's pretty scary. That always makes me think I should filter myself because I don't want to embarrass my dh but, obviously, I'm not very good at that.

Apparently, I'm some kind of total freak when it comes to metabolizing hCG. You shouldn't base when you should get a BFP on my experience. The earliest a "normal" person could really expect a BFP is 10dpo and even then a BFN isn't definitive.

Of course, I've been all over the internet searching for info on scans at 5w3d. As I thought, the most anyone has seen is a yolk sac inside the gestational sac. I saw a gestational sac when I had a scan in August so it's really hard for me to get excited over that. I guess I can try to get excited if it at least measures close to on time (In August the sac was barely even there, nowhere near measuring what it should have.).

#380 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 09:39 AM

This may be too late, but I would say tell them the correct dates once you get there. The important thing was them getting you in for one, righrt? I can't see them cnacelling it once you're already there, and then that way the doc will be able to look at it from a more accurate mindset. Thnk positive hun!! All your signs so far have been good!

akind-- ugh!!! I would die with long cycles like that!

Babycakes-- I get what you mean. i think that's what's keeping me so chill this cycle is that in some way I just don't feel as postive-- therefore I'm not as hyper manic about waiting for every symptom. I know I've got a few days and that will change, but right now, I've been unconsciously ignoring it, and it's keeping me surprisingly chill.

Annie-- I've done that a couple times -without- ms. lol. And then you're like no... really, it was good, just don't move, or touch me, or talk to me. I just need a second. lol. I think i's the combination of heat, and working up your blood pressure and everything. weird though!

Kinder-- I love your positive attitude!! Go for it!!

AFM- low temp this morning, but I don't feel any less feverish. We'll see what tomorrows is. I don't know why, I guess the BD timing just seems like it could be better, and with the o day one I feel like we could have missed it anyways, which leaves only one 0-3. I think my brain starts thinking- well we had o, o-2, and o-4 last time with nada, so I need more than that, even though that's not how it works. I did have better cf this month though!

#381 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 03:11 PM

Oh, mw - update us!  I really want to know how things are going.  hug2.gif

AFM - my bbs hurt so incredibly bad I had to take off my bra and put on a sports bra.  I am all to aware this could and probably means nothing, so I'm having a beam and diet coke to chillax.

JJ - It only takes one spermie!  Don't count yourself out just yet, hun!  DD was conceived with just O-2 and a negative opk.  Go figure.  I'm really super glad we're waiting together.  Maybe whatever is in the water in this thread this month will rub off on us! Sheepish.gif

#382 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

JJ ~ I can understand comparing BD timing and thinking more is better. Many times, though, it's not. Less can be better. BD right after O can be very good girl timing. ;) Seriously, from what I've read, as long as it's within 12 hours of O it's still good for getting pg.

I got my u/s. The doc asked me as he was doing it if I had regular 28 day cycles. I told him they've been more like 35 days but I didn't tell him that I think I Oed a week later. I didn't want to worry about it at that point.

To my total shock we actually saw the heartbeat! It was beating at 127 bpm. That may seem low but it's actually fast for my GA. I read that at 5w, when the heart just starts beating, it only beats about 80-85 bpm and increases 3 bpm each day. That means at 5w3d it should only be 94 at the most. The article I read said this is so exact that docs can actually determine GA by the heart rate.

The baby measured at 6w and the gestational sac was at 5w1d. The doc was a little concerned about the size of the sac. He told me to drink more fluids and everything should be fine next week. I'm not worried about that, either, since it's only 2 days behind my GA. I can't believe the baby is measuring bigger (very subjective, obviously could be off by a few days) and we saw the heartbeat, though! I've looked over my chart again and again and I just don't see anyway I could have Oed earlier, especially when my hCG at 9dpo was only 10.

?i=4068642&

I'm scheduled for another scan next Tuesday. The doc wants to make sure the heart rate increases and the baby is growing. He said that with my history I could get a scan every week until I get to 12w. I'm not sure I want to do that. I'll just go week by week and see how I feel.

I'm good for now.

#383 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM

Yay! Heartbeat! joy.gif

I just *knew* it was going to be good -- no great -- news!!

#384 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 04:00 PM

MW: joy.gif  That's incredible!  I agree, I don't think you can put O any earlier.  smile.gif

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#385 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 04:26 PM

Yay for baby heartbeats! joy.gif

#386 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I'm still in shock. Everything I read said that it wasn't possible to see the heartbeat so early. It is incredible.

#387 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 05:05 PM

MW: Just popping in to share the joy, yay!!! I'm so excited for you.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#388 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 06:52 PM

MW- Yeehaw!!! heartbeat.gif I'm so pumped for you! Pun intended, I guess biglaugh.gif  Thanks for the heads up about the post search! That's nuts. I'll be deleting my crazy dream now! 

Thanks for reminding me it's early to get a positive. I think I could go either way really. My bbs really hurt a lot, those feverish temps and the super umcomfortable cramping I had yesterday are ultimately all I have to go on right now. Only thing that's different from any other month.  Err, I mean (think positive, think positive)....I'm just waiting for confirmation!

#389 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

MW:  That's AWESOME!  I'm so excited for you!!  I keep wanting to tell people IRL but then I realize that I don't even really know who you are :lol

#390 of 429 Old 11-30-2010, 09:25 PM

YAY!!!!! MW!!!!!!

I am sooo happy for you goodvibes.gif

I am totally a stalker of this thread whistling.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page